Oh shit br/o/s, It's happening. Car and Driver just confirmed a new Ford Ranger in the USA for 2019

Oh shit br/o/s, It's happening. Car and Driver just confirmed a new Ford Ranger in the USA for 2019.

Thoughts? I don't really care. It'll be too big like all the new "midsized" trucks.

If they made it the exact same as last gen with better engines and an aluminum frame I'd sign the check with my diamond hard dick.

Fuck the world, I have no faith in humanity.

This, small, light, and Manuel. I'd take it without the last one (c'mon, Ferd doesn't even sell manual trucks anymore), but I bet if it was actually small, it wouldn't cut into F-150 sales.

Well, rangers are already pretty Manuel centric m8

Yeah but Tacos are moreso

I don't get mind that their getting bigger. Anyone that likes the old midsize trucks is manlet, The RC has as much legroom as miata.

not a truck, and if it was it would be smaller than "midsized"

I swear.... If they made the exact same ranger as before, but with aluminum frame and a the VW 1.8T or 2.0 T man, that would be a 10/10 truck.

Can you guys imagine?

>32-35 MPG
>200 HP/258 tq
>turbo powa , full torque at 1500 RPMs.

It wold actually be quick and capable.

forgot pic of actual truck

It'll be too big, just like everything. Even the ranger was big compared to the Scout.

If pic related is it, they can keep it. I want a truck, not an ugly soap bubble.

That's just the current foreign model. Who knows what the new one will look like. But it will probably be the size of the colorado/tacoma

Why do they look so similar?

Why wouldn't Ford use their own 250hp 2.0T?

How about just buying a VW rabbit pickup and putting a 1.8t or vr6 in it and say fuck Ford

I'll likely be too big too expensive and too nice; not a real successor to the old NA Ranger as a cheap basic beater truck.

Plus you get that legendary VW reliability

Funny after ford said they wouldn't do it multiple times stating that it would eat into F-150 sales, and there wouldn't be a demand. Then GM sells their canyon/Colorado like hot cakes and needs to play catch up.

Nobody sells manual trucks anymore.

All trucks have just gotten too damn big as of recently. I'm 6'7" and am barely taller than most of the 150/1500s out there.

The old rangers were really fantastic because they were so tiny. Could easily drive it in a city/town/village and never have a single blind spot problem. Biggest short coming was the engine but the new Ford engines should get it easily up to snub.

4.10 gears and a 7 speed manual pl0x

the vehicular equivalent to the tiny house craze

>I'm more interested in form, not function
It's a shame the rest of us pickup drivers get lumped in the same image as you.

Because they're a similar category designed in a similar era.
Why do all small hatchbacks look the same? Why do all crossover SUVs look the same?

I'd prefer their 200hp 370lb/ft 5 cylinder diesel in other markets tbqh.

What's with the avalanches + new rangers etc having those side panel things over the bed? What does that shit even do?

>aluminum frame
Just twist my shit up senpai
The only way you'd make that worse is by saying
>unibody

Should've been this.

The new Ranger looks like an avalanche butt fucked a tacoma.

>massive cab and tiny box.
Fuck that's not functional at all. Can you even fit a single dirtbike in there? How much wood could I pile into that box? What's the point?

Looks like a totoya :( what the fuck Ford.
Also if it's as big as a colorado I don't want it, didnt realize how big those damn things were.
>inb4 no 4x4

>Manuel
Stop this.

>7 speed.
Shut the fuck up faggot.
>What is 4Low?

Is the US Ranger the same as the Aus/NZ Ranger?

the US lost the Ranger a few years ago, guessing the current gen failed some kind of test for US road use. glad it's coming back

looks like an ugly fucking pigfat futuremobile

You can infact fit a dirt bike in there by simply leaving the tailgate down, an you can fit a metric tonne of fire wood in there too, which is near the limit if it's payload.
If your only criticism is that a mid size dual cab doesn't meet your criteria, then you option the single cab long bed Ranger you fucking genius.

Vete a la mierda gringo

mexico and the rest of south america here

we already have a ranger

it's not that good.

I feel I got lucky with mine, 2011 extended cab 5 speed manual and 4x4. Just wish it wasn't black, shows scratches and is hot as fuck in AZ. Only like 35k on the 4.0, I expect my children to inherit it

>90% as large as an F-150

why even bother?

>4.0
> I expect my children to inherit it

Nah, if you had the 3.0 id say MAYBE.

>have to leave tailgate down to fit single motorcycle
Well no point for me to get it. Also; the current ranger isn't sold in Canada and every picture I've ever seen looks like it has a 5tft box so it's easy to think they only come with a tiny fucking box.
I'll keep the rest of my criticism about this bloated wannabe truck to myself and stick to my 1/2 ton thank you very much
Shame the small trucks have nearly the same footprint of their big brothers. The fuck is the point when capacity is nowhere near the same?

>leaving the tailgate down to fit a motorcycle makes a pickup undrivable
Yep, I think you would do well to keep your opinions to yourself. And FYI, the current Ranger is available in dual cab, single cab, and extra cab (with pillar less suicide door access to the cab's rear).
Just because you haven't gone out of your way to see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist genius.

Makes it undriveable when you need more space and capacity yes! Glad you figured that out buddy
Overall length doesn't bother me the ratio looked really bad on the dual cab. and after looking into it the truck does look good in either regular cab or extended cab glad I finally saw pictures. Cant really find bed length anywhere so that's disappointing but if It's less than 6.5ft no point in me having one.
Have a nice day user

...and we're back to form over function. Good job genius. And FYI it's 8' for the single and 6.5 for the space.
Now you've been spoonfed, see ya later retard.