I love to hate the corvette. It's such a piece of crap

I love to hate the corvette. It's such a piece of crap.

>Archaic pushrod single cam engine
>ECU cuts power after a couple highway pulls because the engine is so frail
>Archaic cross-plane crank design
>Can't even do 1 lap around the Nurburgring without crashing

Why is Chevy so far behind the curve?

The new NSX has a mid mounted TT V6 with electric motors, and looks extremely modern. The new Ford GT has a carbon frame and a mid mounted TT V6, sharing the beautiful and modern design cues that the NSX, 458 Italia, and other forward cars have. The GT-R is faster than the Corvette with a TT V6. The new GT350 has a flat-plane crank, meaning it will sound much better than the Corvette, and is just a better piece of engineering overall.

All of these cars look much better than the overdesigned, childish extrerior of the C7. The oversized belled quad exhaust tips, the ugly hexagonal brake lights, and everything else is just on another level below the current design language that other modern sports cars wear.

Why are there so many Corvette fans on Veeky Forums? It's such an inferior, cheap, and dated piece of engineering compared to other modern sports car.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoweek.com/article/24-hours-le-mans/chevrolet-corvette-add-growing-24-hours-le-mans-legacy-gte-pro-win
youtube.com/watch?v=fPiC2WDujdQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

chevys not behind the curve....the nsx and ford gt are both over engineered overpriced pieces of shit. chevrolet has been keeping it simple yet EXTREMELy reliable i.e. the ls motor.

I'm always impressed when I see a new vette. Much better looking than the GTR imo. It's always smaller than I imagine as well.

>GM fangirl

opinion discarded

i am a chevy fan boy but I'm not a fan of the interior of the new corvette. but speaking price for power and performance the corvette is best bang for buck supercar. also the past couple of years chevy has been destroying supercars such as the huracan and grr with the camaro z28 around the nurburg ring. do some research before you post some dumb shit. and if you could even explain what a flat plane crank is id be impressed. cranks don't affect how a motor sounds your lack of engineering knowledge is gut wrenching.

>z28
>around the ring

top kek

GM BTFO

I'm a newcomer to Veeky Forums but I gotta say you guys have some next level shitposting here

Yeah it's been pretty bad lately. Exams have ended so shitposters have cranked it up to 11.

>Pushrod
>Archaic
>came out the same time as DOHC
>not realizing Pushrod outperformed DOHC when it came out and basically never changed

>M-MUH CHEBBY YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW, STICK IT UP MY ASS CLEETUS MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>I LOVE BEING BEHIND THE TIMES, THAT'S THE TRUE AMERICAN WAY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Kek, amerilards, not even once.

I guess I should also explain the corvette if you're newer here. Pushrods being bad or archaic is a meme, they don't let an engine rev as high since they rely on reciprocating motion to open and close the valves, BUT they make the cylinder heads much smaller, so you can fit more displacement in the same space compared to a DOHC engine, meaning you can still make more than decent power. The Z06 does have a slight problem of the catalytic converter being right next to the oil filter. This seems to be the curse of GM cars, they do almost everything right but fuck up one little detail.

Anyway switching to a catback exhaust, which, let's be honest, most enthusiasts are going to do anyway since stock exhausts are super restrictice, and adding a heatshield will fix the heat issues.

>Behind the curb

Nah this is just Chevy, their first iteration of any new generation is crap, the only exception being the new Camaro because that uses a Cadillac platform

in a year or two it'll be crushing it and a really great deal, until then people who want a vette should just wait or get a C6 ZR1/Z06

theoretically you can let it rev more with shorter pushrods and lighter lifting mass off the cam.

>everyone sites F1 for DOHC revving up to 20,000rpm
>when it got to that point F1 removed cams altogther

True, or just with large bore small stroke engines. Remember the Chevy 302?

>and basically never changed

top kek, this is what pushrod fangirls actually belive

It never changed, only recently there has been VVT and shit like that.

Yup, 7000rpm in the 60s is quite and accomplishment.

>tfw with a decent tune you can get more than 100hp/L

>unironically saying hp/liter

>has a flat-plane crank
>will sound much better
Is that the only benefit of a flat plane?

>it never changed

let's see

>Nascar
Ford introduced the 427 Sohc as a response to Chrysler's hemi and got banned for being to good

>NHRA drag racing
OHC banned after just a couple of events because the 427 Cammer completly BTFO everything

>Formula 1
lol has a pushrod engine ever won F1

>Indy
the last time a pushrod engine was competitive was because of a regulation loophole

>endurance racing
the corvette is doing well but thats just in the current GTLM class, it did pretty bad in GT1 and its not competitive in GT3, the proto class has been dominated by OHC since the GT40s

yeah, pushrods never outperformed anything

Flat planes rev higher but vibrate more IIRC. Sound is of course subjective.

Because Pushrods never changed until recently valvetrainwise?

I don't think you understand what I was talking about and just wanted to shitpost.

OHC got the andvantage of being right over the valves and thus got more advancements.

>Pushrods never outperformed anything
Ford GT40 has something to say about that.

Porsche as well with their old 4 cylinder pushrod engines.

It's a good sports car setup in principle but gm have overegged the pudding trying to make it a supercar beater like the GTR.
Bit of a shame, better to simplify it and get back to its roots and make it more TVR-ish and then make a proper mid engine supercar if that's what they want.

F1 engines have cams

>Pushrods never changed until recently valvetrainwise?
and OHC did?
whatadvantages are you talking about, variable valve timing and lift are not the reasons why OHC is superior

>Ford GT40 has something to say about that.
read my post again, the last time a pushrod engine won the top category of endurance racing was back in the 60's

there are multiple LMP2 protos today that have been fitted with GM's LS racing variant, yet all the teams chose either a Honda SOHC or a Nissan DOHC engine

i like it
costs half the price and outperforms the gtr, nsx and ford gt.

>outperforms the gtr, nsx and ford gt.
citation needed

New z06 is evenly matched with the GTR, some tracks favoring one over the other. Dunno about the NSX. New GT is a monster and will probably wipe the floor with the other 3.

Behind the times yet is always up there with the "highest tech" supercars...

I don't get what you autists get so mad about, it's Chevrolet. It's a bargain car lol. It was never meant to be a $200,000 car and I sure hope it stays that way.

>overheats after a lap
>explodes after 800 miles
>misalligned after some testing

>evenly matched

It's easier to tune since there isn't alot of lifting mass for the cams to deal with.

>the last time a pushrod engine won the top category of endurance racing was back in the 60's

Because pushrods haven't really have any advancements since before the 60s. All that has been done was that they threw more displacement at it and that was it. Hydraulic and Solid lifters have been a thing since the dawn of time.

OHC had the option of doing away with rocker arms in general and actively dealing with the valves themselves while pushrods need them.

Yes the ls motor for the most part was reliable. But were not talking about the ls series, we are talking about the flop that was the lt4. A motor which was hyped has shown numerous times that it is not only unreliable but simple a moody pos with a good spec sheet. Maybe it is not the motors fault m, im sure gm only tested the motor few times on the track and decided to cost cut seeing as how many old white guys take their vette to the track not like they would ever run into the cooling shortcomings that causes these constant issues with the zo6. memes aside, i am not a gm hater but i can see the argument of GM's stupidity and hope the new zl1 will fix these issues.

ITT: Memes and people pretending to know shit about cars.

It largely comes from the cat being next to the oil filter. Why don't you people listen? The motor itself is fine.

coming from someone who is outright sick of american engines and cars, the LS is one of the best things to happen to the automotive world ever

op still mad lol

>posting photoshop'd images

top kek, we all know the corvette can't do a lap without overheating

If the Corvette is so good why is it almost completely irrelevant in the world of motorsports?

>completely irrelevant in the world of motorsports
Le Mans?

Everywhere

it's in LeMans.

I could understand if you said the SRT Viper but the Corvette still races

>If the Porsche 918 is so good why is it almost completely irrelevant in the world of motorsports?

'kay

autoweek.com/article/24-hours-le-mans/chevrolet-corvette-add-growing-24-hours-le-mans-legacy-gte-pro-win

>the Corvette still races

And why can't it compete with Porsche if it is so good?

The 918 costs $1mil+ so it's not really a sensible choice for a car to race. The Corvette however is cheap there is an abundant and really affordable supply of parts plus a huge aftermarket but still it sucks complete ass when it comes to racing.

>class win

top kek

>It marked the eighth win for the team in 16 trips to France.
>16 trips
>Porsche has won in the masterrace class 16 teams alone
>100 class wins

Jesus GM is shit

>The 918 costs $1mil+ so it's not really a sensible choice for a car to race.

I guess the F1 McLaren being a $1mil+ car shouldn't ra-

so we've gone from it being about cars being good or not to how much they cost?

It still races so it isn't exactly irrelevant

The F1 is just as little of a sensible choice for racing as the 918. That's why it also only raced 3 major events.

it's okay you don't own a porsche or vette.
how many class wins does your bus have?

>resorting to ad hominems

What the hell do you mean "archaic cross plane"
They're both equally archaic holy shit

hey, don't talk bad about his bus, it has lineage leading back to AMG (^:

It's very simple. Just look at it as some sort of fatmerican brain excercise:

If you have the budget to buy one or more 918s and modify them for serious racing you would most likely be better off with a purpose-built racecar like pic related.

There is no doubt in my mind that a race-modified 918 would beat the ever-living crap out of its competition but you'd have to be an idiot to spend the money on it.

Fun fact: even Mercedes buses can do more than a lap of a track without overheating:

youtube.com/watch?v=fPiC2WDujdQ

The Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR being over $1mil+ per car shouldn't ra-

Germans engineer their buses to the same standard as their cars: absolute perfection

Americans set out to make a sportscar and end up (after several burger breaks) making a childish water kettle on wheels.

Why did you stop in the middle of your

If the Citroen Xsara is so shit why did it dominate in rallying?

That's not true at all. They kept their cams, but they went to pneumatic valve "springs".

Because he thinks he is being clever.

You should delete this, friend. Makes you look retarded.

It's a meme you fucking idiot. Fuck off, newfag. Don't ever reply to me again unless you have something to contribute to the thread.

post yfw you realize that the era of internal combustion engine powered motorsports will come to an end before GM was able to achieve anything noteworthy in it

Because the Japanese marques quit WRC after over a decade and a half of kicking FWD europoor mobile ass and said europoor hatches had no real competition

>he knows "memes"

Kek, autismo

Jesus fucking christ, summer really is here.

>american pretending that he knows about any motorsport besides nascar

Get with the times friend. Memes are lame mainstream shit now. You don't want to be the guy stuck on memes just like you wouldn't wanna be the guy stuck as an emo or shit like that.

You should delete yourself friend. You look retarded

>assmad Sebastien Loeb fanboy who just turned 18

I hope you think really hard about why this was a dumbass post

when did you got to your first rally m8?

>Japanese marques quit WRC after over a decade and a half of kicking FWD europoor mobile ass
>Japanese marques quit WRC
>after winning

Why...? literally why the hell would that even remotely be a good idea? Its not like the Evo and the STI imprezza were discontinued.. ever.

>pic related
>making your Rally car FWD when its success came from being AWD

Again, why...

Cars have only been around for like 75 years. How can anything be archaic yet. There's only what works and what doesn't work and for the most part chev engines have been successful at being truck engines and sports car engines.

The stingray is the best corvette out right now with 450hp and torque which is almost as much as the last zo6.

There's a place for the corvette always. It beats ferraris when a mustang can't beat ferraris. Corvette has always been on another level over mustangs. Mustangs are camaro competitor. Not corvette. Mustangs are lame because the camaro shares parts with corvettes. What does the mustang share parts with? An explorer? A focus?

Chevrolet is the best company out right now and nobody can touch them. Just ignore the zo6 for the next while until they sort the kinks out.

You try making a supercharged 700hp engine. (Yes I know it says 650 but most engines these days are underrated).

>75 years

You mean as we know them.

>only been around for like 75 years

>Chevrolet is the best company out right now and nobody can touch them

this guy is not even memeing

Spoken like a true retard.
...but a retard who happens to be right.

>Chevrolet is the best company out right now and nobody can touch them

>cars have only been around for like 75 years
>Chevrolet is the best company out right now
>nobody can touch them
>just ignore the zo6 for the next (eternity)
>until they sort the kinks out

you are so dumb it's adorable

Why does somebody mention the Corvette and automatically start bringing up laptimes and other autistic facts?

Do you realize 99.8% of corvettes will never see a track and their owners couldn't give less of a fuck about lap times. The average Corvette goes to work and back and the Golf course on the weekends. It's funny how the 1000's of vettes I see are never breaking down and starting on fire.

Who really gives a fuck if a prototype model overheats racing in a fucking desert.

I can gauran-fucking-tee any Corvette/GM haters here would be praising GM if a Corvette magically appeared in their driveway. But of course it's out of Veeky Forums's budget so it automatically gets hated on.

How new are you? Shitposters have been going ham over the Z06 since release. Anybody who knows anything about cars knows it's a cat relocate and heatshield away from perfection.

Yeah. Corvette isn't just. Sports car. It's a statement. A statement that you're above mustang owners and aren't stupid enough to spend 200thousand dollars on a Ferrari. It's also a statement that you're American and aren't going to be a traitor and drive a Nissan GT-R.

The corvette is a much more interesting car than the Nissan GT-R anyway. Nissan has little do dads all over to prevent you from driving. The corvette wants to be driven - it wants you to make mistakes and learn from them.

The corvette is and always will be the pinnacle of sports cars. It may not be built in an asphyxiation chamber like the Japanese do but it's still built in a clean facility with top engineers and gear nuts.

Just wait. Corvette gets better year after year after year. You ain't seen nothin yet.

just came here to lol @ ops butthurt over the vette

>The corvette is and always will be the pinnacle of sports cars
I have no response.

>this is what GM fangirls actually belive

>the pinnacle of sports cars
not even in the top 10, beaten by the brits, germans, italians, japanese...even that pesky dodge is better

>muh statement that I'm special

The statement a corvette makes on first impression is old retired boomer. I believe more than half sold are automatics. I like corvettes but the image attached to them is not a pretty one, and you're not helping it.

>company run by retards
>constantly cucks the american public with taxpayer bailouts
>americans still worship it
>shit products only bought because muh patriotism

literally one of the worst car companies ever

It went around Laguna Seca faster than the C6 ZR1 who the fuck is motortrend???

underrated post

>marketing quads

>What does the mustang share parts with?

An F150, and any other truck/SUV Ford puts the 5.0 in....

Corvette Fag here (c5z). If I could afford it I would love a c7z06. Even a stingray would be great.