Are index stock funds risk free? can i trust them to be profitable in a bad market?

are index stock funds risk free? can i trust them to be profitable in a bad market?

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/nicole_zimmermann/?hl=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Who is girl

>If the market is down, will a fund that is designed to follow the market be up?

instagram.com/nicole_zimmermann/?hl=en

is it smart enough to short/hedge you condescending nigger?

>Is a passively managed fund actively managed?

>hot girl
>43.5k followers
>me, ugly guy
>89k followers

she seems attainable for being so hot. i will try to slide into her dms

dude, you're asking about a fucking index fund. please tell me you're not actually this retarded...

here's some actual advice: never ever invest in a product you don't understand.

you think you're so smart don't you, yet you spend valuable time shitposting on a tibetan yak watching imageboard. now can someone who does not have autism plz answer my question

Doing gods work user

God speed

all im fucking asking is do index funds have algorithms to account for poor market performance. i know what fucking index fund is you shit

apparently you don't.

I did answer your fucking question.
The answer is no, and you're retarded for even asking. You obviously don't know what an index fund is or you never would have made this retarded thread.
Go read a fucking book.

Veeky Forums - Business & Finance

good answers fellas. answered my question with exceptional financial knowledge and literacy, thanks.

>this much fucking effort into someone asking a question

>Y-you're retarded!

brilliant!
really sums up the board right there.

>zimmerman
(((())))

stop blaming other people for not spoodfeeding you when you're too lazy or retarded to look up, what a fucking index fund is

you already proved in your previous answers that you can't logically answer my question so I am not inclined to believe your concluding assertion

sorry faggot

alright, here's a second piece of advice from me. arguably the more important life lesson than what to invest in:

being stupid is okay. being an insufferable asshat about it, is not. insulting people you want help from is generally ill advised.
making mistakes is fine too. refusing to take responsibility and refusing to learn from it, is not.

Nigger I answered your question three fucking times.
You are some next-level kind of stupid if you can't understand the difference between actively- and passively-managed funds.

well looks like ill take my questions somewhere where people can give me logical answer. ill let you guys go back to making your millions trading dogecoins

You are just going to get laughed off of Reddit, too, because the definition of an index fund contains the answer to your question.

>that faggot that can't google simple concepts is making a rage thread again

>risk free

lol

This OP crosses the line from "oh shes hot lets answer the OP's question" to "oh fuck, wheres the jergens"

No OP
Index funds don't have special algorithms or anything.
They're designed to follow the average of the market.

If the market is up, they're up. If it's down, they're down.
Because the market is on average going up over a long period of time, so do index funds.

You don't actively trade index funds, and many of them have penalties if you try to.
You shouldn't try to time the market, or the market will end up timing you.

>OP asks stupid question that he could have Googled
>gets mad when people realize how stupid the question was but answered him anyways albeit in a sarcastic manner

Some people expect more from others than they can give. They are losers.

youre a moron

No and no.

Sage.

So who are you?

you can still buy on dip and beat the Hypothetical growth of a long term placement on the same ETF /index fund

>you can still buy on dip and beat the Hypothetical growth of a long term placement
Prove it.

You're not a wizard. You don't know when that "dip" will be followed by a bounce, or by even deeper dips. And while you wait for that "dip" with your "dry powder" you're losing money.

A index fund follows the market, if the market goes down then so does the fund. Nobody is using any algorithms apart from following the market. The index fund only follow the market.

"Because the market is on average going up over a long period of time, so do index funds."
you just answered your own question

>buy when it dips
>it dips more
>by twice as much when it dips more
>it dips even more
>buy three times as much when it dips more
>it recovers
>keep buying the same amount of shares every month until another dip

Oh, so you have unlimited capital to invest? I guess you are a wizard after all.

>Or maybe you're just a stupid fag wasting our time.

>you just answered your own question
I didn't ask a question. I already know how this works.

>You're not a wizard.
Prove it.