Dumb things stupid people say.

> "A 4th gen Z28 can run 12's with just slicks and a good driver."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Qd1WF3fx9ys
youtube.com/watch?v=SkXFFrpVgRQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>mx6 is good

>my wrx doesn't understeer

It's a Beretta. What possessed him to take this photo?
Considering they run 13s stock I woldn't put it in the realm of impossibility, although I don't know the specifics.

With a professional on the factory tires, they ran a 13.9 sec in the 1/4 mile.

A good pair of slicks will drop your time by .5 of a second. So, no. They will never dip into the 12's without a good tune also.

Could have sworn a regular SS ran mid to low 13s, but high 13s is believeable.

The Z/28 and SS run about the same, sad to say. The reason is because of the weight difference between the two. If anything, I could see an SS possibly running .1 or .2 seconds faster than the Z28.

Also, this video.
youtu.be/Qd1WF3fx9ys

I ran a 13.1 @ 110 in my 02 WS6 with cat back, subframe connectors and with Sumitomos which I couldn't cut below a 2.0 60'; check yourself.

>They will never dip into the 12's without a good tune also.
The 4th gens can do 12s bone stock on street tires if it's one of the later LS1 cars

thats not weird at all OP, the problem is when people pretend the 4th gen z/28 can turn

>quarter mile times matter

> 20 more hp than Z28
> modded exhaust
> stiffened chassis
> better tires than factory
> still ran 13.1
This proves my point. Was it tuned?

That clipping is false and was actually retracted by the magazine it appeared in. And what makes you think 15 more hp to the crank will make a 13.8 sec car run low 13's?

No, not tuned. My point is Sumitomo's were a very hard compund and would spin like hell; 110 is a mid+ 12 sec Trap speed. If you can hook (ie slicks) it makes all the difference in final ET.

>"GM cars are all about value per dollar"

>"Every 1st run of a car has teething issues, ignore the Corvette overheating"

>"Cadillac makes luxurious cars better than BMW"

And you think a stock Z28 can hang with a WS6?

So, every year of the Corvette is the first run?

I'm saying a 4th gen Z28 with slicks and a good driver could dip into the 12s.

I might be able to understand if it was a GTZ berreta, I mean it is a M3 with a 20,000 dollar rebate.

Not happening.

Sounds like you're also dumb.

It would with slicks, a pro driver, and the best tune possible.

>Falling for American auto manufacturer ads

I'm high as fuck and was just staring at that picture for like 10 minutes. There's so much shit going on there

Yeah I'm calling bullshit. I owned a 99 Z28.
They are fast but 12's stock not happening. The best time i ever got was a 13.4 at 104

Great, isn't it?

Tune and Tires?

As silly as that picture is that is probably the cleanest looking Beretta in existence.

Confirmed shit driver.

Confirmed doesn't know about cars at all.

And I'm not even the user you responded to. I bet you are one of those guys who thinks a 370Z is faster than a GT Mustang.

No stock bfs. Stock tune

Get the fuck outta here. A stock 2002 WS6 runs 13.1 in a quarter with better tires.

Also, stock BF Goodrichs? They didn't come stock with BF Goodrichs.

Bitch. I kept up with a LS1 Z28 in my 2006 Mazdaspeed6. Get the fuck outta here saying it runs 13.4 stock tune and stock tires.

>shit manual shitbox owners say

Benchracer pls

Not even the user you replied to, but o lay bencheacers say that 1/4 mile times don't matter. Like acceleration isn't all that matters in cars.

>Not furiously masturbating over your time printouts

Poor form user.

Hey, idiots. Theyre not comparing it to any other car, they're just talking about what it's capable of. It's not manual vs auto. It's not anything vs anything.

- o lay
* only

Projecting this hard...

Slicks would of gotten him into the 12s...

It isn't though

No it would t have. Slicks would get a pro driver into the low 13's. Like, a 13.4 sec.

Acceleration is a factor, people who say it doesn't matter at all or its the only thing that matters don't have their heads screwed on right.

What do you drive user?

>stance is bad
>lap times matter
>0-60 matters
>1/4 mile matters
>automatic is bad
>manual is good

The ads on tv here are disgusting. Car companies rip off ignorant buyers so fucking bad.

These are dumb things for people to say. Mostly because they are obviously true. And people don't need to state the obvious.

how to come out as a cuck; the post

Ah yes opposite of truth troll strikes again

I think the automatic is bad and manual is good arguments completely depend on the car. In a shitbox you DD automatic is definitely better but for something you want to drive for fun on the weekends manual is the way to go.

Typically your mom

If you have a shitbox you'd want manual as well so you hate it less, can extract every bit of power from it, and get better mpg.

As long as I get my lunch money.

Pretty sure he was making a joke.

manual is outdated garbage

only luddites say its good

also

found the dumb people

It is all dependant on the car. Like a dual clutch auto can be superior to a manual in racing. But, I love my manual too much to ever give it up.

I've seen one in relatively good condition. Someone painted it matte green and put some blacked out rims on it/tinted windows and signal lights.

Every other one I see the owner couldn't give a shit if the tires needed replaced or to clean the car every once in awhile.

So says the kid that has never driven one.

Don't respond to the troll.

Found the Corolla driver.

BTFO

oh boy

cringelord insults from a 16 year old tier

driving manual isnt impressive unless youre dumb (which you have proven to be)

>u-ur dumb because you don't conform to my opinion

typical cuck move

And yet, majority of people cannot drive a manual. Most people are actually afraid to drive a manual for fear of breaking it.

So, is "cringelord" the new "retard"? Because apparently you use it as a basic insult instead of knowing how to properly use the term cringe.

And I own two cars with manual. And I never see a downside of manuals. So, enlighten me. How is an auto better overall?

Doesn't even need slicks, slick.

An M3 with a 20k rebate
must have been laughable even then
fucking BERETTA!
fucking SWEET!

"Chevrolets can turn"

Listen, GM does two things well:
1) build engines
2) pay delphi to create moonshot technology like alien jizz dampers

Stick to what you know and stop building deathtrap cars, bowtie babbys.

You DO know they run 12's with just radials right? Here's a video to prove it.

youtube.com/watch?v=SkXFFrpVgRQ

That's fake. Slickback.

lol, That car was tuned up the asshole as well as tunning DRs. Just look at the comment section. Even SS owners are trashing the vid.

Nice try troll.

Spoken by true people who never owned one.

Who cares anyway. If you own a Z28 I guaranty you will be doing much more modding than just slicks/DRs and gitting gud.

This thread is pointless.

t. 4th gen fbody owner

Because I like to see GM lovers get all butthurt.

Also, not all LS1 owners mid their cars. I raced a LS1 Z28 with my Speed6 and he would only jump me a half a fender between shifts. Other than that we were side by side the whole time.

> "Rotary engines actually do have pistons."

> "My 12 sec car can beat your 11 sec truck because it's lighter."

> "My 2014 GT500 is pushing over 700 horsepower to the wheels"
> check under the hood, has stock supercharger, stock pulley, stock exhaust manifolds, sounded like it was only sporting Borla catback exhaust

Bitches need to stop opening their mouth unless they want a dick in it.

My buddy, who had never been to a drag strip and only recently learned standard, ran a best of 13.9 in his Firebird Formula. Car was stock.

>Like a dual clutch auto can be superior to a manual in racing.
But racecars use sequential manuals, not DCT's.

A 12 second car can beat an 11 second truck in corners.

Was his name Randy Pobst?

> but racecars
> Formula One cars use Paddle Shifters
> automatic transmission

I actually have mine in my driveway. Had it for 13 years now.

Not if it's an Fbody. It'll just beat the truck INTO the corner.

Why haven't you fixed it?

>Not one, but two Saturn Vues in states of disassembly
For what purpose

>Implying Formula 1 is the only form of racing

Also, Formula One uses electrohydraulically activated sequential manual transmission. They even have a user-operated clutch.

To afford to fix that Fbody. "Only" the engines are made cheap.

>caring for Saturn

Spotted the faggot

Because i have multiple cars and a house payment.
It did get run over about a month ago. Teenage girl on a fucking cell phone.

Sucks to hear bud. Well, I hope it doesn't cost you a shit ton to fix it and hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Stay strong user.