Saddam

Repill me on this guy, most people I speak to describe him as a genocidal madman. Are they correct?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2003/01/26/weekinreview/the-world-how-many-people-has-hussein-killed.html?pagewanted=all
nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-death-toll-18-800-killed-iraq-2-years-u-n499426
hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/217.html
prisonplanet.com/how_the_cia_found_and_groomed_saddam.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Armenians#After_the_1979_Revolution
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes.

His rule was miles better than any American intervention

yes.

also yes.

Yes.

Also
>Redpill
Please leave.

Pretty much everything that Donald Trump has said about Saddam Hussein is correct.

what has donnough drump said about sadd

This is bait.

He was pretty good at killing terrorists. Also Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destruction.

He was an asshole, but sometimes an asshole is the best option available.
Also, he didn't have a single WMD.

he was a sunni dictator in a majority shia nation, and was able to maintain order by brutally repressing both shia and kurds while giving special privileges to the sunnis which ensured their total loyalty.

I don't know if I would use the term genocidal madman, but he was certainly a brutal tyrant who had absolutely no qualms with mass murder of his citizens if he felt they were a threat to his rule, similar to Assad. I do have to wonder how he would have handled the arab spring uprisings.

Literally 100% correct
He kept Iraq under control
Motherfucker proved Hobbes right

Technically some chemical weapons qualify as WMDs fãm

All nukes are WMDs, but not all WMDs are nukes. And Saddam had WMDs

>It's a delaying the conflict by oppressing everyone means the system works episode

>His rule was miles better than any American intervention
Only for Sunni Arabs and Baghdadis. The majority of Iraq is better off now.

straight white cismale shitlord

He's basically the closest thing we've had to Hitler or Stalin in the late 70s and up.

HE WAS FRAMED

>The majority of Iraq is better off now.
[citation needed]
You've looked at casualties since 2003, right?
You've have looked at a map of ISIS territory and activity in Northern Iraq, right?

Retard, I've known fucking CHRISTIANS who lived under Saddam and they had a perfectly fine life until the American intervention.

t. Shia nigger

>Repill

stopped reading right there

Typical strongman middle east dictator. less insane then Khadaffi mad more insane than Assad.

Muh personal anecdote

>Estimates as to the number of Iraqis killed by Saddam's regime vary from roughly a quarter to half a million, including 50,000 to 182,000 Kurds and 25,000 to 280,000 killed during the repression of the 1991 rebellion. Estimates for the number of dead in the Iran-Iraq war range upwards from 300,000.

>U.N. monitors recorded at least 55,047 civilian casualties as a result of the conflict between Jan. 1, 2014 and Oct. 31, 2015, with 18,802 people killed and 36,245 wounded, it said.

>Implying personal experience isn't the best teacher

Oh and in case you say "since 2003 more people have been killed"

>Iraq Death Toll Reaches 500,000 Since Start Of U.S.-Led Invasion

Saddam still holds the high score

Not him but Tarik Aziz was Assyrian Christian and he was a part of Saddam's government. There was also no persecution of Christians. By middle eastern standards Saddam was VERY tolerant of Christians, he mostly just hated Shia trash.

I'm an Iraqi Christian and I think ISIS is swell and totally tolerable ;-)

Both of our claims are equally unverifiable, and therefore have no place in an argument.

Shia is best islam wahhabist turd

>literally everything you say has to be verifiable
alright, show me the sources of your previous post

>Shia trash
As opposed to the Sunni paragons who're blowing themselves up at airports and persecuting/killing everyone who doesn't subscribe to their ideology?

>killing these innocents is bad but it's ok when they belong to another group
Time to kill yourself my man.

nytimes.com/2003/01/26/weekinreview/the-world-how-many-people-has-hussein-killed.html?pagewanted=all

nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/isis-death-toll-18-800-killed-iraq-2-years-u-n499426

Literally first results on Google, not hard to verify

He was a good friend to America.

I'm confessional Lutheran and Shias are literally nigger tier.

So are the Saudis, which can easily blamed for Salafism, and al-Qaeda and ISIS. A tumor is a tumor no matter what your relationship is with it.

>Shia trash

Sunnis are literally cockroach-tier, go blow yourself up in some European city Ackmed.

I hope Assad genocides every single Sunni in Syria.

t. Sunni cockroach

You "people" need to be exterminated.

>Protestants
>calling anyone else niggers
Lel

His rule was an American Intervention

Regime Change: How the CIA put Saddam's Party in Power
hartford-hwp.com/archives/51/217.html

How the CIA found and groomed Saddam
prisonplanet.com/how_the_cia_found_and_groomed_saddam.html

I needed sources on those sources, how can I believe they aren't lying

So was Pinochet.

The point is that we (the US) uses genocidal dictators all the time as puppets and always will.

Imperialism 101

I'm not even middle eastern let alone muslim.

Don't you have to whip your kids with a machete or something?

He was a fine ally and an excellent employee of the United States until the 1980s, then he pissed off Poppy Bush and the CIA by not toeing the line on Kuwait.

Little Dubya Bush never forgave him for it.

WHOOPS SADDAM

Then go read a Human Rights Watch article about it. We have humanity's collective knowledge at our fingertips, why the fresh hell would you use "well my friend said it was rly good xd" in an argument?

Luther is burning in hell right now for his heresy, and so will you.

Why would a wahhabite shill for Christians and Saddam? Are all shias this retarded or just you?

>Don't you have to go whip your kids with a machete or something?
In all seriousness, the overwhelming majority of high-ranking Shia clerics have disavowed and declared it impermissible to self-flagellate.

But either way, self-flagellation is far preferable to smashing planes into buildings, suicide bombing, etc.

As if a mudslime has any right to talk about heresies.

Why does the Human Rights Watch have a higher authority than my friend according to you?

>redpill
>please leave

I think you mean bluepill.

The same reason the Saudis backed Iraq in the Iran-Iraq War. Convenience, and to further their own agenda.

The Human Rights Watch is an entity with several minds behind it, and is actually able to be scrutinized.

And, it exists. Whereas your friend, as far I know, doesn't.

America's involvement with the middle weast is more tyranical for sure.

Both Saudi Arabia and Iran ought to be carpet bombed with nukes, they're the ones who fucked up the middle east.

Not really. Iran is the only stable, sizeable country in the region with the closest thing to liberal democracy (as opposed to the countless monarchies), it's satellite states are (or were) mostly secular govts. If progress is to be made in the ME, it's in the hands of a policy like Iran's, for better or worse

It's funny how his entire reign seems downright tame compared to ISIS now.

Saudi Arabia did jack shit, it was Iran and Israel together that ruined the Middle East.

I suppose Israel and Iran also exporting Salafism, and funded ISIS and al-Qaeda?

Oh no wait that was Saudi Arabia.

>blaming Israel
Let's take a little responsibility for ourselves, from one Ahmed to another.

Fuck off Persian shitskin retard. Iran is still a 3rd world, shit poor, theocratic craphole that funds insurgents all over the middle east. Really no better than the Saudis constantly meddling with other countries, most of the middle eastern conflicts from the 80s onwards are a result of a proxy war between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

>This nigger butthurt about Iran

So are you a roach, kike, or arab?

Are you middle class and single?

Yes, a proxy war with two sides: radical Salafism vs. relatively progressive Khomeinism

Last time I checked no Khomeinists were bombing Shia neighborhoods and Western airports trying to incite the Armageddon.

I'm a Christian and your country is a bane to humanity.

You need to stop looking at it from a perspective of "what was better" and look at it from a perspective of "dear god all these options are shit, how the hell can it ever improve". And the answer is it can't.

>funding jihadist trash like Muqtada Sadr, Nasrallah and those fucks in Bahrain
>hanging homos from cranes
>LITERAL theocracy
>"progressive"

End yourself

>I'm a Christian

So an Assyrian then? I know those people have a strange boner for Saddam and a hatred for Kurds.

More likely you're just some Arab or Turk shitposting out of some perverse hatred.

Funnily enough, Christian Armenians run in waves to Iran (not Turkey, and for good reasons lol, a secular country). If it really was a bane to humanity then it'd be more like their regional rivals and not even have a single church on its land.

No, I'm not middle eastern. Moreover why is my identity so important, can't handle legitimate criticism so you prep yourself for an ad hominem?

That's why I said 'relatively' you illiterate autist.

And those "jihadist trash" are literally the only ones fighting ISIS right now (with Russian backing)!while you're being an angry faggot on a Chinese cartoon imageboard.

That's Azeris you're thinking about, Armenians move to Russia if anything.

>jihadist trash fighting against other jihadist trash

Oh wow what a surprise, retards infighting as per usual

Also
>hanging homos from cranes
This is a meme
The people executed for being sodomites were also rapists with sodomy as an added charge. Very few, if any, are executed for being solely gay in Iran, as it requires 4 witnesses to even bring the trial to court, and I don't think anyone hates anyone enough--or fucks other dudes enough--for that to happen.

Most Iranian gays leave the country or just fuck dudes quietly.

>Moreover why is my identity so important, can't handle legitimate criticism so you prep yourself for an ad hominem?

>This coming from the guy who called someone a Persian shitskin and advocated for Iran to be nuked

It seems self-reflection is not a strong trait among your "people", whoever you are.

Azeris hate Iran, why would they want to move there?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Armenians#After_the_1979_Revolution

I was born in Iran. My grandma's family is Georgian Christian. Armenians hold parades and shit for Christmas, there's a massive Armenian Christian community in Iran.

Funny considering like half of Iran is Azeri. Meme ethnicity if there ever was one, half of them cosplay as Persians and the other half hates Persians and cosplay as Turks

I guess you'd rather have ISIS knocking at your door then? Or do you want to act like an absolute retard, not a pragmatist, and just support with some imaginary/extreme minority ideal faction?

An asshole that managed to kill a lot of terrorists.

>Funny considering like half of Iran is Azeri

Not half, about 20%. And yeah, I was referring to northern "Azeris", Iranian Azeris are much tamer in comparison.

Fun fact, the land that makes up the modern day "Azerbaijan" (The area around Shirvan, Baku, Ganja) was never known as Azerbaijan before the 1800s, the Russians renamed the region to it.

>if you're against Iran you are for ISIS

Nice false dichotomy retard. I wish both of you goatfucker groups just left the planet instead.

What did Iran ever do to you Abdul? If you're not an Arab, Turk, or Jew then what's the reason for your butthurt?

Yeah, but they're fucking kurds. The reason Iraq and Syria beat them back so much is because they sit on over half the oil of each country.

I didn't say that. I don't give a fuck if you run and join ISIS today. All I said is Iran's side is far better for the region than the Saudi's, because it's a step forward.

Also, I was pointing out the only people Nasrallah, Sadr et. al. are going after right now is ISIS. So quit being a whiny pussy and recognize that there's no way both "goatfucker groups" are going to leave the planet and take up a hobby like painting instead of wasting your time complaining about shit on the internet.

From a neutral observer's standpoint, Iran is beyond horrid.

You forgot about sanctions during the first bush and clinton years which killed 2 million

The absolute madman. He did the odd bit of punitive gas attacks against the Kurds and some brutal repression of rebellion. He invaded Kuwait because why not, kept Iran in check, and stopped the country from falling apart. He was a hatchetman with a messed up childhood. Just a senpai who wanted to be loved. Pretty good rhetoric. His party left to become ISIS.

It's a case, like Assad or Gaddafi where you're damned if you do, damned if you don't. They're brutal, oppressive dictators but they're also keeping a cap on things and taking them out, especially with no real plan for what comes next, lets everything out.

>redpill
Sage

He dindu nuthin. I miss him
Why didn't they just get along

[citation needed]

Forgetting about the sanctions that starved out 500,000 kids?

Laughed really hard. Kill yourself

I would if I was Shia

he was good at mass murdering everything and everyone, especally innocent civilians.
Of course he caught some extremists in his murder-spree. just by sheer dumb luck.

If you lob grenades into a crowd at least one of the people who die would be an asshole... you're still getting the chair though, and you'd deserve it.

>All these neocon anti-Christian Islamist shills

Veeky Forums has gone to to shit.

Protestants, especially Lutherans are crypto-Sunnis anyway.

This nigger is correct.

>Christians are crypto muslim

>iconoclasts
>literalists
>muh book is infallible
>started as an alleged attempt to un-reform what was seen as a changed and corrupted Christian message

Alternatively, you could call Mohammad the first protestant. What you call them is irrelevant, they're two sides of the same coin.