How do I become a pizza delivery person? I'm going to college in the fall and want to be one...

How do I become a pizza delivery person? I'm going to college in the fall and want to be one, its the only job I've ever wanted.
What car would you use? Can I be a racer?
Is my car bad?
The mysteries thicken they quicken she can't put it down now
It takes her it shakes s her it makes her lose her thought

Are you okay?

Apply to a pizza place.

What are some things I should know before going in

Its shit job shit pay with shit customers

Fuck pizzas
Fuck any kind of hot food whatsoever
Deliver sandwiches

JJ's has tiny ass delivery ranges with high density, you can load up with 5 or 6 deliveries and be back in 15 minutes for another round. And not mess with faggy warmer bags. If you work on campus you'll mostly deliver to old ladies in the admin buildings who tip reliably

average day is (for me, I've been here a couple years and my boss is my roommate) 8-10/hr + $2 per bag (very consistent average tip figure), about 20 deliveries over a 4 hour shift + ~$5-8 DMR. So a conservative figure would be about $75-80 per 4 hour shift. At least once a day you get a bigger order for a meeting or event so you can get anywhere from $10-$100 on those wildcards

you can't work there if you have green hair or lip rings or a bushy beard though

So you're saying I should get a job delivering anything else?

yes

delivering hot food isn't really that bad but they'll have you scrubbing disgusting greasy ass pans in your downtime. if you don't work at a place that sells greasy food you don't have to clean greasy dishes.

hell see if you can deliver flowers, I always wanted to do that

Huh maybe I'll try, truth be told I don't know what it'll be like over there but I figured pizza was a safe bet.

i'm not the guy you responded to, but every one of my friends who has delivered pizza has told me it's a shit job. No place will really pay you enough for gas, the pay doesn't cover the wear on your car, and you're relying on tips from people who are not legally obligated to tip you.

>wear on your car
fix your own car. If you're paying a mechanic then you're dumb.
>valve seal leak
>$55 and 3 hours
>do oil change while I'm at it
>car is good for another 5k miles for the measly price of $80

this is true. The key is to work in a busy area where you never have downtime.

JJIDF pls go

depends on what restaurants are around campus, I don't have any way of knowing

if there's an Insomnia, they contract their drivers externally which means technically they don't have any liability for drivers (so you're even more fucked if you wreck) but drivers are literally prohibited from doing anything in-shop. no sweeping, no dishes, no register. we literally just sat out in the parking lot talking shit and playing phone games until the boss flashed the delivery light

another thing to consider is that places like JJ's work on a fixed schedule, so you just sign up for what you can work and that's it. a lot of places don't do that though, they do some faggy shit where the manager makes a new schedule every week to try and rotate people in and out of shitty shifts. it sucks, avoid that

godspeed user just remember if you work hard you can fail spectacularly but you might also succeed

Your friends are lazy morons.
It's the best minimum wage job there is.

You make like $15/hr if you're in a decent suburb and work nights. That's after paying for gas.
And you do literally nothing.. you sit in a car and listen to music 80% of the time.

If you live in flyoverville its probably shit, though. In southern CA is amazing.

And obviously don't use a "good car". Get a $2,000 corolla.
I used a $900 civic. I raked in cash and didn't do shit. After a year and a half I sold the civic for $900.

I'm not sure where his college is but I'm guessing he'd be delivering to other poor college students with bad tip tendencies.

Any job is pretty cushy near rich people, but I'm if college town pizza boy fits that memo

>going to college
>only job ive ever wanted was pizza delivery boy

why bother

>hell see if you can deliver flowers, I always wanted to do that
Trust me, you don't. If it's anything like working for Edible Arrangements, it's a fucking shitshow.

Also, you literally never get tipped. I've held this job down for 5 months now and I've been tipped less than 10 times total in the whole period.

Pizza delivery is easy as fuck and as long as you have a reliable car with cheap parts it's better money than any retail or fast food job. A good store with a decent area can net you $15 an hour easily.

Also helps if you enjoy driving like I do.

If I become delivery can I post as the delivery person and make comfy threads like you used to?

Go for it m8

The minimum wage here is 10$, do you think I can average more than 15$? I live in a mostly well off city with majority whites.

Most likely. All pizza places are different but mine pays minimum wage ($7.25) while I'm in store and $4.25 on the road with 24 cents a mile.

fucking cringe holy shit

>I'm going to college in the fall and want to be one

Apply to be a part time pizza delivery person NOW so you get some training before you go to college. College has enough classword, research, studying, and projects to keep you busy. So it would be better to have some delivery experience before you do that same job at school. That's because you will lack time to go on dry runs with existing delivery people there. Getting a job now gives you the most important thing a JOB REFERENCE in the same job discipline. If the store in the college area calls your boss here and he says "he was a great pizza delivery person" then that college shop will hire you or put you at the top of the waiting list.

You also need to learn to avoid scams. Doing so before you go to college is better because you have a lot less on your mind now other than the job. Once at college, you also have those classes filling your mind so learning new pizza delivery things on top of all that will be more pressure. Since you go deliver, and before you ring the doorbell, some people will jump you and make you run off. Thus they get free pizza.

How is the job scene in Sarasota?

Easy, you should get $2-3 per delivery from the store plus tips

>

>plus tips

i get paid to drive to drive throughout cleveland its ok

i hate getting cut off

THE HAT EVERY TIME