I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these to daily drive

I'm seriously thinking about buying one of these to daily drive.

0-60 in under 5 seconds (matches the 2011+ Mustang GT in 0-60 and 1/4 mile but AWD easier to launch).

These are fairly in expensive. I can get one with around 60k km (37.5k miles) for around 30k, they actually have an after market with options for forced induction.

The only downside I see is the fuel economy (use to averaging 9mpg, these average like 13-14mpg), and it won't handle that well (not a big deal for me at the moment).

DESU I really need 4 doors, but the trunk space is kinda a waste. I don't know of any other V8 AWD vehicles that are this quick.

A 2016 GT would definitely beat it in a straight line and probably in any other scenario, not by much but the mustang is faster.

Performance SUVs are some of the most price gouging things out there. Everyone thinks their trailblazer SS is worth 20k+....

Plus they arnt practical for real work, you dont want to abuse it or actualy haul things in it because you know its a 30K SUV. You wont be able to do shit off road ( because lowered and rim tires) and itll be about as capable as any typical AWD car.

You could get a regular V8 AWD SUV and build on that, with 30K you could make a 10K SUV very very fast.

Thank god it goes 0-60 in 5 seconds because, you know, that's important.

>I don't know of any other V8 AWD vehicles that are this quick.

You could get a really nice Trailblazer SS for 10-15K less, its not as fast but its about the next best thing.

>$30k for a Jeep with 40k miles
This is retarded. Do you know how unreliable this thing is? Plus it'll handle like shit because it's a fucking crossover. If you absolutely need AWD, get an STI or and EVO

Under 5 seconds.

Lowest I've seen is 4.3 seconds

if they's the first gen of that car, it had center exhaust. you can't use a hitch with it

I agree, if you want something fast do it right....

Dont get a performance SUV, they barley exist for a reason.. so rich fucks can have toys.

Some dude at my work has a highly modded SRT8 SUV, 800 HP I think.

actually you can. There is a custom setup for it

That makes its practicality even worse, about the only thing you could do is use the power to pull big loads if you wanted... lol wow. \

They really are rich peoples toys.

Been in one lots. They are fucking ludicrous fun. The grip will pull your neck muscles.

Expect 15mpg highway on the first gen though.

>The only downside I see is the fuel economy

You left out the sub-par build quality and unreliability. I have personally sold two of these things, got both buyers to take an extended warranty. Both vehicles have claimed over 10 grand worth of warranty work in the last year

Why do you need awd?

Jesus, on what?

>unreliable
>pseudo-suv
Just get an Audi S-series, faggot.

Major drivetrain repairs for both, and for one multiple electrical gremlins. I know one of them has had major top end engine work, a tranny rebuild, major AWD repairs/diff rebuild, and multiple ECU/TCM replacements.

Add to that, the interiors don't age/weather well, and the fact that the thing is basically a one trick pony.

>buying FCA
>ever

You gotta be shitting me

The guys on the Forums say this thing is really reliable.

I would love to get an Audi S4 (with the 3.0L Supercharged engine) and tune it. But I was looking up basic parts for it (like water pumps etc). I don't think I can live with the repair cost.

I want my next car to last 10ish years, be able to do 13-12 second 1/4 miles, and have 4 doors.

Trailblazer SS has almost the same power output and almost the same terrible fuel economy but it's bigger and usually goes for considerably less money than the Grand Cherokee SRT8. Also you get to say you have a Corvette engine, and you can make use of the Corvette engine aftermarket.

this

pretty rare though

>I don't know of any other V8 AWD vehicles that are this quick
Audi S5 is pretty close. Somewhere around 5 seconds to 60 I believe.

Somehow, SRT-8 drivers are fucking worse than VAG and BMW drivers

kill yourself, OP

Pro-tip from a used car salesman who's sold hundreds cars man:

Jeep has become nothing but a name FCA marketing uses to pedal rental car tier vehicles. Outside the Wrangler, it's pretty much all garbage.

The WK SRT-8 is a glass race horse man. They don't age well, aesthetically or mechanically, the drivetrain is ill-suited the the platform it was installed into, the highway ride is awful, the cargo area and back seats are seriously tiny for an SUV, and they are unreliable

And anything you read on forums has to be taken with a grain of salt man, no one gets on a forum to exalt about what an unreliable piece of shit their car is.

You could get a Trailblazer SS and accomplish the same thing with far less headache. You have any number of AWD sedans that would be a better option. Hell an ML 55 would be way less headache and be more practical

Literally the only thing performance SUV's do well is 0-60. They're garbage everywhere else, and it's a Chrysler to boot.

I'd stay away

What other AWD sedans should I look at?

>last 10+ years
>AWD
>4 door
>fast
>fairly cheap to maintain
New/almost new WRX or STI, maybe an Evo if you can find one in good condition. An AWD charger would be decent if you really want dat V8, but it wouldn't be as good or as reliable as the Subaru or Mitsu.
But that piece of shit Jeep is definitely not the right choice.

>not getting a Legacy GT or Outback XT and putting an STI tarbo in it

high-power street SUVs are for people who want to be seen in an SUV but have no actual need for an SUV

i.e. a posermobile

>The guys on the Forums say this thing is really reliable.

>Literally the only thing performance SUV's do well is 0-60.

That's all a Tesla does and that's praised as a technological marvel.

What's your budget/price range?

Tesla isn't marketed as a performance car

why don't you get an X5 50i/ X5M?

is gud kar ja

~35k cad.

I don't mind financing but if I do I don't want to go over 45k total.

I'm in Canada so Scat Packs are at 50k, over budget (I Would love a Scat Pack though).

It's a stupid wacky ride for people who have more money than they know what to do with. Horrific fuel economy makes it impractical as a daily. Large wheels ruin off-roading ability.

Not as familiar with what things price out to in the Canadian market man, but for 35K in the US market, you could get:

A multitude of 3 and 5-Series BMW's
C or E Class Merc
Taurus SHO
Audi A6
Impreza

Really depends on what you are looking for man, are you trying to maximize performance, get the nicest ride, blend of both, you know what I mean?

looking at a blend of both. Handling isn't a big concern as we don't have any race tracks, just a few drag strips around me. Thats pretty much all I do.

Just get a c5 vette and some cheap utility vehicle. Infinitely more reliable and faster

If it were me with my money:

-C350 AWD coupe

-AWD Taurus SHO

-Impreza WRX/STi

All three are good blends, with varying degrees of bias to one end of the spectrum or the other depending on your preference

If you actually want a legit performance SUV, you could get an ML 63 for 45K in the US, no idea about Canada though