Reminder if you don't live here you'll never make it

reminder if you don't live here you'll never make it

Yeah every billionaire and millionaire in the world lives in NYC. Don't believe the Census people!

>niggers in harlem
>"making it"

hasn't been black for a decade. it's all old people now

Why is this shithole so romanticized?
>tfw you will never be a cool streetsmart kid running around a dirty concrete jungle with your friends poking dead homeless people with sticks and getting authentic bagels or whatever

Manhattan will keep you poor. So expensive!

Bait harder, Batman.

where did Mr Big live?

>Soho
>Chelsea
Reminds me of London.
I wish I lived in NYC tho.
At least they've used land well there.
London is stupidly designed.

im a hobo living in central park.. did i make it?

Not everyone works in finance

Why would I want to pay $5k/month for a 5x5 """room""""

tv/film/biggest US city/skyscrapers/lots of successful people born and bred because it's so big/move there for the romance of it

i love NYC, but the cost of the entire region outweighs the pro's.

It's ridiculously expensive for what you get. It's dirty. The infrastructure is shit. It's dilapidated. It's unaesthetic. Poorly designed apartments that are falling apart that cost an arm and a leg.

thanks to the internet there isn't much you can get in NYC that you can't find in other US cities.

If you're loaded and want to move there, go for it though.

when you're born a rich jew and grow up here

How will I ever make it if I get blown up?

>1508905
Fuck offf Jason

You're only somewhat right. It's definetly one it's way to getting gentrified.

Fuck rich people.

>Fuck rich people.

So turning a crime riddled nigger ghetto into a somewhat liveable zone is now "gentrification" and we should hate it because "fuck rich people", right?

Get back to plebbit, you fucking liberal dogshit.

Midwest life best life

>Get back to plebbit, you fucking liberal dogshit.
Go back to your /pol/ circle-jerk. You short-sighted dumbass. Where do you think these people go when they no longer afford basic shit?

>crime
>smells like piss everywhere
>over crowded as fuck
>rat shit everywhere
>homeless everywhere
>no nature to explore or enjoy

Yeah fuck that, there are plenty of places where you can make a better living

>Where do you think these people go when they no longer afford basic shit?

Hopefully somewhere where I only see them through my TV screen during a Cops episode.

Have you ever been to the ghetto user?
Gentrification is a good thing, both in the economic and urban planning sense. We're encouraging people to hustle to get out of their social class, and providing amenities to people who didn't have them before.

CHANGE IS BAD CHANGE IS BAD!

LET THE GHETTO STAY THE GHETTO FOR THE ETERNITY WE ARE DEPRIVING THE FUTURE GENERATIONS OF THE PLEASURE OF HAVING A CRIME RIDDLED GHETTO WITH THE POOREST INFRASTRUCTURE IN THE PLANET NEXT TO THE SCHOOL WHERE THEIR DAUGHTERS GO ARE YOU INSANE NOBODY THINKS ABOUT THE PRESERVATION OF THE GHETTOS THEY DESERVE TO BE PRESERVED FOR THE ETERNITY THEY SHOULDNT CHANGE THE GHETTOS ARE IMPORTANT TO STAY LIKE THEY ARE THE GHETTOS NEED TO STAY GHETTOS WHO DO THIS WHITE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE COMING TO THE GHETTOS AND BUYING SHIT BUILDINGS AT INFLATED PRICES AND MAKING A FULL RENOVATION OF THEM AND OPENING COMMERCES AND CREATING JOBS AND MAKING THE STREETS SAFER ARE THIS PEOPLE CRAZY LIKE WTF I CANT EVEN THIS IS SO PROBLEMATIC FUCK THE RICH PEOPLE!

KEEP THE GHETTO GHETTO!

>The infrastructure is shit.
I think this applies to alot of America.

>strawman
>all caps
You're an obnoxious child.

>Have you ever been to the ghetto user?
Yes. And it's shit. No one is saying otherwise. But gentrification doesn't fix it. It just moves the problem somewhere else.
>encouraging
I don't that's the right word. But, I understand what you're saying. From my understanding, gentrification never ends well for the majority of the original residents. You might create a few jobs but the prices of necessities increase to the point where not even minimum wage will cut it.

You still have not given a good argument either but you come here saying childish shit like "fuck the rich" from your ilusive high horse, this is why people mocks you. What you are doing is only ideological posing, the fad now amongst the liberals is being against gentrification without really understanding what it really is and how absurd is being against something that has happened in every fucking city since the neolithic spread worlwide, people buy cheap things to improve them and resell them at a better price, sometimes they buy cheap things to improve them and then they keep them instead of selling them, this happens with buildings and properties too, what a big problem. Have you ever been to Europe? This has happened here too countless times with poor neighbourhoods and old jewish and gypsy ghettos and it is happening with migrant neighborhoods from the 50's and 60's, things change, people moves and moved on, it's usually better in the end because the city expands inwards towards regions once forbidden and the overall quality of the city improves, structurally, economically and socially. This doesn't happen from night to day and nobody is being expelled from their neighbourhoods. Do things increase in price? Maybe if the local market gets sold and they put a more expensive one, maybe the old market can sell their products at higher prices now, in the end many locals always get huge benefits, if you own a property in a shit neighbourhood that is being gentrified its value increases tenfold and you can become rich with a house you bought in the once worst neighbourhood in the US, you put gentrification like it's the worst thing in the world, a genocide against the poor when it is an opportunity for a lot of them to change their economical and social situation.

>discounting the argument instead of addressing it

It's actually quite valid

The problem is that since these neighborhoods are poor, they almost never own their own houses. So the majority of inhabits do not benefit because all it means for them is their lease won't be renewed and they have to find a new place to stay. Also it's usually annoying white hipsters (I think nu-male is the term nowadays) doing the gentrifying, and they're overall terrible people (which is a whole other issue but I'm not going to get into that right now).

Gentrification beats unnessearcy expansion.

This is Veeky Forums, you should understand that conversion is better than addition. Harlem already has the neccessary infastructure to support its population, so what's the point of expanding outwards and having to start the process (which requires decades) again?

It's this unnecessary expansion that results in kilometres of McMansions, which depreciate like fuck within several years, whereas Harlem will maintain, if not increase its value throughout the decades.

David are you just made your brother has more money than you?