A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences...

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.

Previous Thread: Gone

>Abarth Master Race Edition
Which modern hot hatch is the truest to what the hot hatch is and why is it the Abarth?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST to joining the MS3 and Abarth in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

>tfw 1.4L 16v without turbo

Miss my ep3 but looking at this guy, real LHD type r

I had an EP3 for a bit. Was pretty fun. People always laugh about VTEC, but it was actually noticeable in a Type-R, so

I'm considering a Fiesta ST and goibg with all the Mountune stuff. Anyone here tried that? What's it like? Will it void my warranty?

>ITT
GIRLS CARS!!!!!!

Only the MP215 kit retains your factory warranty, and you'll still have to jump through hoops in order to get a dealership to honor it. They make good products though, I use their motor mount, quick shift, and front splitter on mine.

>500 Abarth
See ya, space cowboy.

I want my Clio back, I really don't think there's another hot hatch on the market that delivers the fun that thing did. Really hope my insurance don't write it off.

Get a FiST, Scot-user

Honestly between all the cars I've ever ever owned Corolla, 350z, 06 wrx, abarth, brz, and my sti, the abarth was one of my favorites. It sounded good, it wasn't fast but it was pretty spunky and felt like a go kart. Interior was pretty good, but my god working in a blue collar job, the jokes.. Especially living in a 90% republican ford Chevy pickup farming county, felt like I had a car covered in stick on dildos.

I loved that car.. To bad Americans don't because of its looks.

>200 HP
>2700 lbs

Convince me these aren't cool anons

I just bought a mountune RMM. gonna put it in next weekend, along with some mudflaps

and as always, love that silver logo

god machine master race

I really need more pictures of this car

o-one day I'll start modding it

I love my FiST. Reccomendarino I doacino

What kind of hatchback would you guys get that met this criteria?

Under 20k
Econo box tier gas mileage around 30mpg
Enough storage for a drum set
Folding rear seats.
Safe as fuck

Have this picture of the aerodynamics of a cow

Matrix xr

Funny. The car this new hatch would be replacing is a Toyota matrix, base model though.

I should have put the year. 2014 or newer

for under 20 you can get most used GTIs, used fiesta STs (if you can find them), used WRX hatchbacks, and used mazdaspeed3s (assuming american)
any hot hatch should get close enough to 30 mpg
depends how much drum gear you have but most should fit one if you don't need the back seat
all of them should have folding rear seats
i'm not sure how safety compares, I think most modern are 4-5 stars.

>2014 or newer
ok then cross out both the WRX and mazdaspeed you dumb fuck
if you can find a used fiesta ST it should be under 20, but there aren't many around yet (at least in my area). Not sure about a focus ST prices dipping to 20, GTI either. Why do you want a 2014 or newer?

Focus st or Rs then IMO unless you want a Mazdaspeed 3

Any other gti or r bros in here?

>20k
>focus RS
>2014 or newer
>mazdaspeed3

>tfw no 205 mi16

mkv bro here, Is it true that VW will front the bill for the ice door :^)

Really not my fault you're poor and can only afford base model cars

i'm not him but ok

it's a terrible feel, user

no

its owner negligence to let that amount of ice accumulate

How can it not happen in Minnesota?

Is it bad that i'd prefer a 106 rallye? Either would be dope though. Hell even a 306 gti-6 would be cool, although on the same league. Dat 6 speed and road trip potential though

ahh back when connectivity meant widowmaker handling, soundproofing that didn't do anything and a steering wheel and pedals that talked back.
not fucking bluetooths and usbs

>Economy is shit for a hot hatch but atleast honda fags think I'm cool and I have a 14 sec quarter mile
Installed a Corksport catback a few weeks ago, and I'm about to install a front mount intercooler with my next paycheck. Should I buy a 400 dollar massive ebay intercooler, or an actual corksport one? The corksport one comes with piping and its about 1k. Also thinking about adjusting the boost controller to boost the same amount in 1st and 2cd gear, as it limits it in those two gears for wheelspin.

only true hot hatches

I'm not Scottish or anything. But my mate has just ordered a FiST so I want something different. I could get an Abarth Competizione, I've driven the base 595, and it was properly fun and exploding with character. The closest thing to fun the Clio could offer.

But really I just want my Clio back and resprayed Liquid Yellow.

I have no idea. Best bet is to check with a service advisor.

So i was thinking about getting a mk5 gti to Daily Drive and mess around with on the weekends. Problem is in my budget they are all over 120k miles and Ive heard the dsg auto they have can have bad problems, and while id rather have the manual the autos are much more common. Do i go for a gti or go for a dif hot hatch?

Tuxedo Black master race.

Nice! Let us know how you like it.

The Abarth can be had for 20 or less if you find one with no options (the options suck anyway). Bought mine for 19.5k brand new. Average 35 mpg, rear seats fold down, could possibly fit a drum set.

You can get new Fiesta ST's for under $20k on the east coast.

but he would regret not having the recaros

Most likely, but not everyone loves them (especially pre-break in).

I had to have the Recaros tho, and I would have serious regret if I didn't.

to people in EU like LHD cars and try to import them the way US weebs try to import RHD cars?

Mkiv r32 checking in. I want to test drive a newer R.

>fiesta
>hothatch

more like hotturd.

Can you not find a manual?

>what is the ST version

SuperTrash HotTurb

I can, but they are rarer and with 30k more miles. The question is, is it worth it to have a manual with 160k over a dsg wirh 125k for the same price?

why would they when the EU is mostly LHD

Most dealers prob won't let you unfortunately. However seeing as you already have an R32 you could play it off as you trying to upgrade. Say your between that and a a3. It's a great car though. Everything I love about mine just better.

>Most dealers prob won't let you unfortunately
you wat

You have to remember it's a very limited car. Yeah it's not that special in the grand scheme of things but either they don't have any on the lot or only one or two. The type of people that buy them new are also the same people who bitch about 35 miles being on the clock so they minimize test drives thus my advice. This is coming from a vw sales person and it's not just our dealership.

don't they have one demo car for that?

I suppose I could. It's rare for a dealer to have one around here, or so I've heard.
They usually are orded in, and if they do get a car, it is snatched up quickly. I haven't inquired anytime recently but that was what I was told.

DSG is a decent but I prefer manual and dsg can be expensive to maintain and fix. I haven't looked into the problems mkv have had with that milage, and while a well maintained car would be fine, 125k miles isn't nothing.

I don't think I've ever seen a black Abarth with the white stripe, but I actually think that's a really good colour combo.