Just bought a honda fit sport 09. What can I do to make this car more fun and speedy

Just bought a honda fit sport 09. What can I do to make this car more fun and speedy.

You'd be amazed at how much unsprung weight ties into performance, so start off by gettung the smallest Enkei RPF1's that will fit around your brake calipers.

Next, you want to get a nice suspension setup (simple lowering springs on stock shocks along with a set of sway bars will do for now). The extra sidewall you'll gain from the lower diameter wheels will make up for harsher spring rates and keep your ride quality.

Dont do this immediately, but once you need a brake service; get a set of street ceramic pads and stainless steel brake lines. If you want to further reduce your unsprung weight, look into two piece rotors (usually saves 5lbs per corner)

Finally, some breather mods (intake/exhaust).

You can always spice it up by doing a a few styling mods such as grills, spoilers, tint, lip kits. Just try to stay away from body-kits: they're usually shit quality.

Paint it red to make it fast

Put premium fuel in it.

Why'd you buy a Honda Fit if you wanted "fun and speedy"? Seems like you have some buyer's remorse.

just a few simple mods

You know what? This will decimate all, after, you put about fifteen grand in it or more. If we have to, overnight parts from Japan.

Wise words from an autistic Jetta driver

Trump 2016 bumper sticker

Just picked up one of these bad boys off of some Mexican dude on craigslist in Vegas

$3300, just need to replace the center AC/Radio bezel thing and an o2 sensor
>friend's uncle went to check out the car monday
>working order everything good no CEL
>between monday afternoon and wednesday evening when I went to get the engine gave an error code saying an o2 sensor is fucked up

as far as I know that sensor is only for emission shit, drove it ~4hrs home and it was smooth.

A Honda fit is actually a good platform. 2,500lbs, good chassis, not a bad engine, plenty of aftermarket, great daily.

He wants fun and speedy, not race car. I'm guessing something to zip around town in, and take the occasional backroad while not ruining his daily drivability.

Just because you want an economy car to have some pep, doesn't mean buyers remorse.

Except it's not a good chassis, it's average at best, and the engine is woefully anemic, it needs a swap or tons of mods to even be competitive with other sport hatches. There's a reason we see all sorts of hatches at autocross competitions but rarely honda fits: they're mediocre from a "fun" standpoint.

Get rid of those wheels immediately.

How much did you pay?

that's not my car it has stock wheels, that was the first picture in decent resolution

>He wants fun and speedy
Then he should have bought a different car. Fit will disappoint with this criteria.

It went off after, during or soon after the 4hr drive? Could be some carbon coming loose after a prolonged drive. Just reset cell and if it comes back then you know it wasn't the former.

before, when the guy pulled up so we could check out the car. My friend and I were like "what the fuck" and pretty mad about it so we got it knocked down to $3300; He posted the ad asking for $3700, got it down to $3500 before we got there, then $3300 when we met in person.

Friend's uncle checked out the car and took it for a test drive, and at that time, which was only 3 days ago, it was driving fine and there was no CEL but when we got there it had the light.

It drove smoothly the entire way and I had it up at ~85mph (~140kmph) for a good 2 hours on the way back and I had no problems, quite happy with the car from a mechanical standpoint. It's just a little cosmetic things I have to fix, and the o2 sensor

Take it back and buy a sportier car.

If you want a fun and speedy car then you shouldn't have bought a Honda Fit. Honda Fit is a practical city car, it's not an AE86 from initial D that's a rice rocket with a few simple mods.

And with the money he spends making it even remotely entertaining, he could've just had the discipline to save a bit longer and buy something better.

Rcr pls go

Spoon sports has used every generation of the fit/jazz in numerous 24-hour endurance races. They constantly comment on the chassis and honda constantly improving it's development. The fact that it can even handle the larger displacement engines they put in there is testament to that.

And yes, the stock 1.5l engine isn't gonna blow the doors off of much, but with some breather mods, the engine will be more efficient and make use of what it has.

You bring up the ae86 as if it's some god-machine and call it a "rice rocket" when it was considered an economical, but fun car back in its day just like the Fit; and honestly, the weight and power figures aren't that different between the two.

Let the dude have fun with his new purchase.

>You bring up the ae86
>hurr durr all user r same
You lost me there m8

Fact of the matter is that the Fit is mediocre in all ways, and is pretty awful from a hot hatch point of view.

Supercharge it

>Spoon sports has used every generation of the fit/jazz in numerous 24-hour endurance races
And how much money do you think they dumped into these cars?

>stock 1.5l engine isn't gonna blow the doors off of much
HUGE understatement.

>engine will be more efficient and make use of what it has
Which is practically nothing.

>was considered an economical, but fun car back in its day just like the Fit
So what you're saying is the Fit is a fun car by the standards of decades ago?