Do you do your own oil changes on the car?

>Do you do your own oil changes on the car?
>if yes, where do you lift it up?
>if no, how much do you pay to have one done?

>implying Veeky Forums has cars

Yes
My own property

I do my own oil changes.

I do it in my own apartment complex, since I have a truck I don't even really need to lift it. It has enough ground clearance, stock, that I can just put it on a slight incline, crawl under it, and drain it.

It takes about 15 minutes to do.

Yes
My parents house
Costs more do it myself but I know it's done right.

>Car is high enough off the ground I don't have to jack it up to change the oil or get at the filter
Ground clearance, fuck yeah.

I change my oil at the dealership because fuck you.

My garage has a pit that I can park the car over, climb into and do the oil change from there.
But I mostly ride a bike so oil changes are easy as fuck most of the time.

>not changing your own oil
>your dad wasn't around so you never learned how to be a man

Literally never paid anyone to change oil in the twenty or so vehicles I've owned over the years. I have three shitbox cars and three motorcycles right now.

how much do you pay and what car do you drive?

that kicks ass, i do the changes on my bike myself too, but i cant crawl under my car and i dont have a pit.

>shitposting
oh all the stuff i do with my vehicles, my daddy told me nothing about. doing a fucking oilchange doesnt make you a man, but thinking that makes you a manchild

I usually change my own oil
But the last change I had done at a shop because the truck was in for some tranny work and they did the oil for "free".

Lots a shops around here do curbside signs advertising "One Day Only! Oil Change for $16.99!" + tax + disposal fee.

Yes.
On the driveway.

2015 Subaru Legacy. Right now I don't pay anything.

Yes. I drive it up on ramps in my driveway.

I have one of those little pumps that connects to the dipstick tube and sucks all the oil out and puts it in a sealed container. Pretty GOAT.

yes
jack stands in shed
otherwise hundreds of dollarydoos

awww shieeet nice dude

ITT: Trailer trash

>I have one of those little pumps that connects to the dipstick tube and sucks all the oil out and puts it in a sealed container. Pretty GOAT.

But the oil filter and oil pan with drain plug are still at the bottom. Any sludgy stuff would be down there too. I'd rather have as much of the dirty oil sucked out so that it doesn't dilute the new fresh oil coming in.

The other problem about suction is that it can put suction on the reverse side of the oil filter. Cheap filter parts made in china, imported to the usa for assembly so that they can be called "made in usa" may not have one-way flow. Thus the dirt, metal particles, and grunge that has settled on one side of the oil filter is thus removed by the suction and now floats around in the oil passages.

Yes.
I drive it up some 2x4s

Ramps.

>Costs more do it myself but I know it's done right.

If you use synthetic oil, it is cheaper to do it yourself since the oil change places charge an upsell profit margin for synthetic. The 5 quart containers of synthetic oil at wal-mart range from $22.99 to $28.99. So sythetic is not all that much more expensive than fossil oil at $17.99 per 5 quart container.

Yes
I just park on the side of my driveway and reach under with my hand, no need to lift the car even though it has fairly low stock clearance.

Yes
2 post lift in my workshop
I've had the oil changed at dealerships before because I had some gimmicky "1 year free oil changes" deals included and stuff with new vehicles I have bought. I have never paid anyone though.

I wonder how long it'll be until the consumer realizes that the price difference between dino and synthetic isn't as much as the oil change shops claim it to be.

>>Do you do your own oil changes on the car?
Yes
>>if yes, where do you lift it up?
By the jack points in my garage

Change mine in driveway. No need to lift because ground clearance

>Yes
>Dealership I work at
>$34.99 with oil and filter (conventonal Castrol)

Learn to greentext faggot

>Learn to greentext faggot

>>Do you do your own oil changes on the car?
No, because my car has only 7-inches clearance and I didn't want to buy 2 highly-expensive extra-tall ramps because I don't feel like sliding on concrete, but would use a sled and those require more clearance.

>>if yes, where do you lift it up?
The ramps would be inside the garage since the HOA has a prohibition against working on cars outdoors or polluting the environment with carwash chemicals and washed-off oils. We live in an aquifer area and are thus subject to special requirements because our water drains into the drinking water the whole city uses. No pesticide or herbicide.

>>if no, how much do you pay to have one done?
I have an ongoing 2 year free oil changes with dealer for syth/dino mix. Other shops have $19.95 oil/filter changes but chassis lube is extra charge. Quite a few others are at $24.95 with unbranded or kendall dino oil. Lowest full synth oil change with filter and lube is $69.99. The places like JiffyLube are among the highest priced places since they have all those extra charges like shop supplies, hazardous waste disposal fee, etc which are added to the bill.

>$34.99 with oil and filter (conventonal Castrol)
Don't have any oil change shops (that I know of) here with castrol as default. There's quaker state since it owns jiffylube and another chain using pennzoil and one $24.95 shop uses kendall as default.

hey nice bike faggot raec me on the toque

I usually take mine in. I did it myself when I lived with my parents, but I've been too lazy to get the stuff to do it since I moved out.

>HOA

literally the mafia

I enjoy being able to do whatever I want to my car exactly wherever I want. I've changed my oil and brakes in the road many a time.

Many brands of new cars come with "free" 2 year or more oil/filter changes. Now, we all know they aren't really free because we paid for it somewhere. Some cars have free lifetime oi/filter change, but of course they always inspect the car for problems and want to sell you repairs there. In some cases, you have to take the repair because if you don't you can void some provisions of the warranty because the additional damage was therefore deliberately done by you by choice and you had to sign on the paperwork to get your car back from the dealer. So those "free" oil/filter changes have a hidden switchblade knife pointed at users.

Like most people, my dealer also uses a synthetic and conventional oil blend for the free deal. I asked about going to full synthetic and instead of simply increasing the price to the difference between a regular and synth change, they would delete the free deal and substitute it with the synth oil change line item. YUCK. They do not upgrade deals but instead substitute them out so the price is pretty high.

Because of that, it is cheaper to get the free deal at the dealer. Drive it for several days as a de facto oil system flush. Then go to a 3rd party place and get another oil change there as the final bill would be cheaper than trying to upgrade at the dealer.

The cheapest way for consumers to get both conventional or synthetic oil is to buy the 5 quart containers at wal-mart for $22.99 to $28.99. Each single quart container is $7.99 or higher for synthetic. Wal-mart doesn't have pennzoil Platinum Ultra synthetic although it does have the Platinum Plus synthetic.

i get it done when i get the tires switched in the spring and fall

i think it's like $40 for everything

i have 5 motorcycles i do myself, i get literally no joy working on my car

I can change my oil and filter, and transmission fluid without lifting the vehicle in any way.

>not changing your own oil

Its like the most basic of car maintance, anybody can do it, why are you even browsing Veeky Forums?

You don't need ramps, just buy a floor jack and some jack stands. Buy one second hand if you can't afford a new one

Yes.
>If yes, where do you lift it up?
I don't have to lift it, it's a goddamn truck

Dealerships usually use Castrol. Volkswagen does, Mazda does, Acura does etc.