Who here /lexus/ or at least is familiar with the 2nd Gen is250? I'm going in to look at one tomorrow...

who here /lexus/ or at least is familiar with the 2nd Gen is250? I'm going in to look at one tomorrow. I know the is350 is a lot more >fun but it's just barely outside my price range and is250 will have AWD and probably that mark levinson audio set for dank eurobeat.

I really just need it for a DD in Ohio, anyone own one of these or ever worked on them before? How cramped is the engine space? I don't want to be a cuck to lexus service prices so I'm gonna try to stick to doing maintenance myself

Other urls found in this thread:

ww3.autoscout24.it/classified/289235619?asrc=st|as
columbus.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=is250
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You dont need awd, just get good winter tires.
Save until you can afford the bigger engine

college student atm senpai and I drive a salvage civic coupe with probably no airbags, so I kinda don't want to die user.

I'm also a really shitty driver and I'm probably going to get winter tires regardless of drive, wouldn't AWD still outperform RWD? Does Toyota still call it All-Trac?

I also want to get that backup camera because my rear parking is woman-tier, so I'm probably looking at the highest trim available for this, aren't I?

I don't think I can save an extra 4 or 5 grand just shitpost about pulling slightly better on the highway and spinning out trying to be dagumi but I dunno maybe I should just take your advice

Seriously just get the 350. It's so much better than the 250. Also you don't need AWD, especially if you only live in Ohio. Winter tires + RWD is perfectly doable for me in Canada.

well shit, how much more is the 350? Literally everyone I meet tells me to get the 350, so maybe I'll have to test drive it myself

Also I'm 6'3, will I fit in this car? Can me and my m8s be able to fit for short car rides and shit? I'm getting tired of being the one asking for rides and all my friends drive even worse than I do, I literally feel like every ride is my last with them

that also reminds me, how does the IS stand up as a DD compared to the GS?

>who here /lexus/ or at least is familiar with the 2nd Gen is250?
I'm familiar with it in that I own a 2nd gen IS350.

>I know the is350 is a lot more fun
All logic would point to this conclusion, though I have no personal experience with the 250.

>but it's just barely outside my price range
Which is?

>mark levinson audio
My 350 has the standard audio and it's still quite impressive. Coming from a Civic, I can't imagine you being disappointed.

>AWD
Be aware that there is a somewhat intrusive hump in the driver footwell with the AWD variant of IS250's. Sit in one and make sure this is comfortable for you.

>pulling slightly better
I think you're underestimating how much quicker the 350 is. 250 is not even close.

>how much more is the 350?
Bought mine with reasonable miles for $16k.

>Also I'm 6'3, will I fit in this car?
This could honestly be an issue. I'm only 5'10'' and the headroom is tight. Just go check one out.

>how much more is the 350
A used 350 shouldn't be that much more. But ~200 HP compared to 306 HP makes a big difference.

>will I fit in this car
I think you'll be fine. But as the other user said, the AWD version has a hump on the driver side footwell from the transfer case. I don't find it intrusive at all on my 2015 IS350 AWD, but it bothers some taller people.

The GS is a midsize sedan so it's bigger. It's also a bit more luxury oriented, so you'll probably find slightly better materials and maybe a smoother ride. That said, it's still considered a "sporty" sedan so it's not a boat by any means, but it's less nimble than the IS.

Also I want to add that the chassis and suspension Lexus is using in the third gen IS is fantastic. I would highly recommend getting a 2014+ IS350 if you can. There's a good difference in handling and sportiness compared to the second gen IS.

One more thing... If you're a stickler about transmission, IS350 does not offer manual as far as I know. 250 does, though you may have to do a bit of searching around.

3rd gen IS should only be bought with these motors

>200t
>300h (hybrid)

If you live in Europe

>350

If you live in USA.

If 2nd gen IS and if 250 only buy a sport/f-sport trim because of shorter gear ratio

Since when did the 250 get F-Sport trim?

If I'm not wrong from the mid life restyling.

At least, in Europe: ww3.autoscout24.it/classified/289235619?asrc=st|as

Interesting. I'm not aware of any F-Sport 250's in the states.

you'll have to replace the engine before 100k miles. It's one of the worst Toyota has ever made. This is why 250s are so much cheaper than 350s because they are shit.

stay away from the 250, it's only meant to be leased.

Bottom line: IS250 was not built with performance as a priority. It's a reasonably luxurious commuter. If you're fine with that, go check it out.

Everything everyone has said so far in this thread is true. I had the 2nd gen IS 250 andit was alright, but not a quick car by any means. I moved up to a '13 GS 350 which is much much quicker, although not as nimble. I can only imagine the same 306 hp motor in a car that is several hundred pounds lighter will be excellent.

Regarding all wheel drive- I had it in my IS250 and have it now in my GS. It's nice to have but having a good set of winter tires or at least really top tier all season tires is a must in the snow.

My 2nd gen 350 came with all-seasons, so we'll see how that works this Winter lol

Thinking I may upgrade to 3rd gen once used prices drop more. Those interiors are sexy as fuck.

Reporting

They did have IS350 F-Sport for 2nd gen, right? I literally didn't see any when shopping for my regular IS350. Must just be a rare car.

Looking for a used Lexus sedan or SUV and have a budget of $20,000. Any recommendations?

LS430. One of the best cars ever made.

F-sport wasn't a thing among the 250/350 models until 2010. It was more an accessory line back in the 2007 models than a trim package.

Ah, I see. Wish I knew where to find some OEM parts to make my 350 handle sportier.

I wish the 460 looked better because I prefer the more modern amenities in it. I don't think there's any aux port in the 430?

Join the Facebook groups and check Clublexus classifieds periodically

Use a tape aux adapter or get a kit from somewhere online

the IS250 is literally a camry. Get the IS350, and the AWD doesnt mean shit its the tires you put on it that matters.

Just get a Camry XLE they're the same thing

> 2014 is350 is 38k
Fug

The es is the camry faggot. The is is correct wheel drive.

And even used I think it's low 30s or something. I'm waiting for them to dip into the mid-20s.

So much uninformed nonsense in this post. Congrats.

38k is used with 23k miles on it.

4th gen IS needs to be at least as fast as 2nd gen. 3rd was slightly disappointing in that regard.

I know the 3.5L has some good history, but maybe do a 3.6-3.7?

I would avoid the 250. It's a direct injected motor which is good in some senses but as direct injected motors increase in miles, the intake valves clog with carbon/oil build-up. Traditional fuel injected motors do not suffer this same fate as they wash the intake valves with gasoline, which is a solvent. I would not say the engine is inherently bad, but additional maintenance costs will be seen.

I too am from Ohio! Unless you live in Cleveland or Toledo, just get a quality set of All-Season tires and you'll be fine. Winter tires in a rear wheel drive car will always beat an AWD car with all seasons but thats also more money.

Have you considered a G37X? I bought one last year as I wanted an AWD sedan. The thing is built like a tank, has an awesome BOSE speaker system, heated seats, climate control, and an awesome motor. The VQ37 has a solid reputation for reliability and power. Seriously. This car is really quick and is fun to drive! Also, last winter I had 0 issues getting anywhere. Plus, the Infinitis are generally cheaper than their Lexus counterpart.

Happy hunting user

And get laughed at for ruining a classy car with stance shit

>Which is?
hard limit at 9k

I was gonna stick to private party obviously, but I know a relative who's a dealer who might be willing to let me use his dealers license to get one at wholesale prices.

If I can get a 350 within my budget I'll definitely hop on it, but I seriously doubt I'll find one that wasn't thrashed or salvaged vs a clean, well maintained 250

I'm also a college faggot as I said before, so I'm not gonna be tracking this. This is strictly a daily driver. Is the 100hp THAT much of a deal breaker? How the fuck do they only get 204 HP out of a V6 with 12:1 compression? Makes no damn sense toyota

Save your money. You're gonna get a shitty car for that price. Shut up and keep your current car or buy a civic for

ok this is my only real fear. The whole reason I'm looking at spending almost 10k on a slow small """"luxury""""" car is because of that Lexus reliability. Since I want to keep for at least the 3 more years I have left of uni, will it shit the bed if I pick it up at higher mileage a la 130k miles - 160k miles?

lmao if it was my money I would be getting some shitbox integra and saving the rest. My mom is gifting me the 9k because she wants me to get a reliable car for uni, and I at least don't want to be cucked again into something I can't enjoy a little.

again, my current car IS a civic, its a salvaged civic we got at a """"""""good""""""""" deal back when I was retarded sophomore in HS and didn't know jack shit. She's since worried about the safety and likely reliability of the car, so she wants me to pick something newish and my budget is 9k

I'm honestly think of just buying an ultra mint is300 if I can find one

Are you retarded? I was asking about OEM Lexus parts to make it handle better. How does that affect the appearance of the car?

Shut up stance faggot.

If Hitler was still alive you'd be put in a work camp.

>hard limit at 9k
>350 within my budget
>clean, well maintained 250
Neither of those options are realistic. Either save some more or search for a car you can really afford.

>Is the 100hp THAT much of a deal breaker?
You have to decide that for yourself since you're the one making the purchase.

>How the fuck do they only get 204 HP out of a V6
See: Hyundai Tiburon

>she wants me to pick something newish
>budget is 9k
Newish (no older than 10 years?) for 9k is going to be some sort of economy car. Face that reality.

Unless you're willing to pick something up with absurdly high miles...

I'm telling him where to buy accessory line F-sport parts for his model Lexus....
If you're talking about the car in my pic related, it's on 305s and faster than 98% of ISFs in existence

The all season tires Lexus puts on its cars aren't that great... Continental has a pretty good all season tire that's suitable, and the BFG Comp 2 A/S works very well.

>columbus.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=is250
a number of these are already within my budget

The local Germain Lexus dealership also just got an is250 which they put at $9,990.

I'm pretty sure a wholesale dealer auction can put close at my budget and still get a clean is250....

Yes literally 90% of my choices are either old shitboxes, thrashed acura's/infiniti's, decade old Lexus's, or base model economy car. I like the is250 since it retains many new car technologies and still provides decent luxury/sport executive car feel whilst still being reliable