Overpriced? the dude is firm, but i thought that's a bit steep to ask, even with the things he's throwing in

overpriced? the dude is firm, but i thought that's a bit steep to ask, even with the things he's throwing in
but i am probably dumb
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5586008866.html

Other urls found in this thread:

newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5583709309.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That car would go for ~7k here

BUY
IT
FUCKING
NOW
YOU
IDIOT

I wish I could get deals like that here fuck my life

>1996
>138000mi
>$3850
He did do a lot of aftermarket stuff, but that's still way too high.

Ask him for a test drive, bring up any small thing that you know is wrong, and try to knock that down to at least 2.5k via bargaining. I hope you know how to bargain.

someone is taking a look at it tomorrow, so rip me if he decides to buy
but what kind of thing should i look for to bring him down?

>4k
>for a Miata

>someone is taking a look at it tomorrow,
Call the dude and ask him right now when he's next available for you. Call him back after tomorrow to make sure he hasn't sold it.
>but what kind of thing should i look for to bring him down?
Literally anything, cosmetic or functional. Reference

it's a complete fucking rip off
The miata is worth 2000, that is the price it is worth and the maximum any sane man would pay. If you're paying nearly four thousand dollars than you have so many better cars you could get

I wouldn't even say the miata is best in the 2000 dollar price range

thx mate

what would you suggest? my budget is sub 4000, but preferably closer to 3500
just want something fun and reliable

Yea, it is way overpriced. But if you're aiming at knocking the price down to at least 2.5k (2.5k being the upper limit) that means starting off lower than that (say 1.8k as the lower limit) and being firm in those lower prices. Maybe OP will get lucky and he'll accept a very low price.

Np man. Just remember to explain WHY you're knocking the price down so he doesn't get bitchy over "lowballing".

Remember, cash in hand is very appealing.

Jesus you fucks

>what is market value

That's a fairly reasonable, if not low price for an M-edish anywhere in the US

Go for it OP, once you test drive it any doubts will dissolve

The Used Miata Inspection Checklist is a must, just gugel it

You aren't selling a 1996 Mazda Miata for $3850 in Casselberry, are you?

+1

I will never understand dumbfucks who see a CL post and think, "let's ask X what they think, then we'll see"

For any remotely desirable car with a good price, within a couple of hours of posting the seller has likely set up a time to have someone come check it out

Just fucking go look at the goddamn car, take some photos, make the seller an offer, and if you're a brainless fuck that can't fucking compute whether a car is a good deal or not based on an hour or two of simple research, then ask leddit and see what they think

If you're looking for a Miata, you should know some semblance of what the fuck you're looking for and have an idea of market value

REEE
I hope someone else already bought it OP you degenerate

>I want OP to be jewed
Fuck off, you're the kind of person that Stealerships laugh at over drinks at the bar later

If OP is looking for a particular car, he should do some goddamn research until he knows what to look for in a private sale

I don't know how you got any of that out of my post, but literally all I'm saying is people can't tell you if a car is a good deal or not over the fucking Internet, when they can't inspect the fucking car

So going on Veeky Forums and asking "hurr is this a good deal" is only gonna get you retarded speculation based on the speculators' particular location and market

The first thing op should have done the second he saw the ad and considered that it might be a good car, was call the owner and ask him when he could go look at it in person, not ask for 16 year old's opinions based on some shitty photos

i don't think its that overpriced. the paint looks clean. I would say its a 3000 to 3500 car.

Personally I would go take a look at it, but only offer him 2500. I would offer him it that low because he would consider an civic ex as a trade, so that makes him a pretty huge faggot.

>Buy mint Civic EX for $2000
>Trade for Miata
>....
>You have a Miata

I swear Veeky Forums and /k/ live in some fantasy land where inflation stopped happening 20 years ago

The price is a little high, but its not too bad. I've seen them a lot overpriced than that. 3k wouldn't be too bad as long as everything is in decent cheap

except the miata is a meme car

Haha try to knock him down 1300$ and he'll tell you to fuck off and walk home

No idea about the particulars of your market OP, but it's a decent price provided the car is in good shape. Prices on NA's are going up all the time.

Retail on an average condition one at a dealership would be about 6 grand

the same exact car in jersey
except its salvage title
newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5583709309.html
this car would go for 5-6k firm up here.
DO IT OP

I've been looking at Miatas since I want a handling monster but I hate convertibles. I wouldn't want to be caught dead driving one..

They are fun as fuck user, you should try it

aren't you supposed to be at work LPG

Only working weekends now since I graduated, so I can focus on getting a grown up /g/ related job

Not if you met him at his house he won't.

That's terrible, the only reason miatas were a good choice because they were cheap now they're encroaching in wrx and g35 territory and those cars are just better in every way. Unless you have a Mazdaspeed miata but it's still pretty slow but alot better than a regular edition

It's because the first gen's have become desirable cars in the last 5 years, and are now at an age that they are transitioning into 'classic car' pricing. by 2020 getting a decent condition mid-90's NA will cost you 10-15 grand

Aw, does this mean no more LPG stories? You should seriously write a book, man. If Sedaris can make millions off his shitty stories, you'd easily be raking in the bux.

Congratulations by the way!

I can barely get a 1990 in my area for anything under $3k.

Thats not a bad price. I'd probably pay $3500 for it.

>inflation
Pffft, fuck off. It has nothing to do with inflation. Inflation has to do with the worth of currency, not the worth of a 1996 Mazda Miata in said currency.

Thanks man, and no, I am still going to hold on to the auto sales job part time for as long as I can. If/when I quit there will be a Tales From The dealership: Greatest Hits Edition