/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/, /gwt/)

Dead Ciri Edition.

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/
>Experimental first-person perspective mod for TW3
www.skacik.pl/test.zip

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Gwent Standalone cards
imgur.com/a/nJ3Df
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/780/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1317/?
forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/113951-Is-CDPR-moving-in-the-wrong-direction?
youtube.com/watch?v=tBkqKkqdhjk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You!

Yes, you.

You're waifu is shit. She's poorly written, pandering garbage. I don't care who she is. She's shit. S. H. I. T. Shit. What's that? She's a critically acclaimed well written/acted/whatever character? Well, guess what. She's still shit. Because that character dies the second she enters your jizz-encrusted sock of a brain. Everything that made her interesting to a normal person is cast out, replaced with a shallow masturbatory parody.

Your.

Waifu.

A.

SHIT.

What a cutie

A SHIIIIT

May she rest in peace.

Iris has suffered enough!

Because she a shit

fag, she deserved better than being bent by beckham

Serious question: How long was Olgierd immortal? I mean he had a big thing against the Borsodis but that doesn't narrow it down much, they've been in business for at least a couple decades. Iris's corpse was well mummified as well.

Gaunter knew your waifu a shit

I always wondered how long he was immortal. It must be significant but I don't remember any answer given.

At least twenty years is a good guess.

A shit tbqh famalamadingdong

It was cute tbqh, I wish Triss could hear it, she would probably blush and giggle.

I didn't post in the last general because the OP was shit and what followed was even worse. Waifufags should commit mass suicide and join their waifus in hell.

I'll never stop loving my waifu, you can whine all you want.

Hey cool non-waifufag friend. I like you. Let's make the general better. What is your favorite

1.Witcher short story
2. Witcher book
3. Witcher game
4. Witcher monster
5. Witcher character
6. Witcher musical theme
7. Witcher quest

for me it's

1. The Lesser Evil (I am what I am ;_;)
2. Sword of Destiny (Based throughout except Eternal Fire which is a bit meh)
3. TW3 (I think TW2 is a more solid game all around but my favorite moments are mostly from TW3)
4. The Draug (TEN LASHES)
5. Yennefer (But not in a waifufag way)
6. You're Immortal/Dziewczyna Swarożyca (dat percival)
7. Ladies of the Wood (Really hard pick tbqh)

1. Haven't read the short stories
2. Time of Contempt
3. TW3, very closely followed by TW2
4. Leshen
5. Triss Merigold
6. Merchants of Novigrad and Tavern at the End of World
7. A Matter of Life and Death

>1. Haven't read the short stories
Why not? They're pretty fun and important.

>rest of your list
Oh it's because Triss isn't in them, isn't it?

>implying you've actually read the other books anyway
I've never seen you post anything from them that wasn't a defense taken straight from the CDPR Triss megathread.

I wasn't asking you, Triss Spammer.

Anyone know how to get into modding for this game?

What programs to download and stuff?

I want to try merging some touissant armours together to make some interesting lore friendly heavy witcher armours for example merging Toussant knight armour with bear skirt.

I started from the saga mainly because of Triss, I plan to read the short stories eventually.

I actually loved the books so much I read the saga in 5 days, I couldn't stop reading once I got started, my compulsive nature didn't allow me stop.

I don't really care whether you believe me or not, I get nothing out of it either way.

>lore friendly witcher armors
>plate armor

As for that foul abomination you are trying to make, here is the mod that will help:

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/780/?

I don't think the game is very moddable right now and probably never will be. A shame. I'd love to see a bunch of armor mods.

That leather and cloth stuff in TW2 owned. Wish they'd kept that look outside of Eskel and Lambert.

CDPR really dropped the ball with modding support, but the modding community have been a bunch of crafty little shits, but even they can do so much without proper tools, makes me want to think what they would have done if they had full tools.

Just download this and you are good to go:

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1317/?

CDPR moving in the wrong direction

forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/113951-Is-CDPR-moving-in-the-wrong-direction?

They abandoned it because of Redkit 1's reception. Gwent is probably looking way more profitable. No idea if it will pan out though. Gwent is a fine minigame but without a HUGE overhaul it's a pretty shit game.Very simplistic and unbalanced.

1.The strigga
2. Last wish
3. Witcher 3
4. Leshen
5. Geralt
6. The wolven storm

Hey user, I like you too (and your choices). Mine would be

>Witcher short story
Tough to pick because there are many good ones, but I really liked The Last Wish.

>Witcher book
Lady of the Lake. Loved the battle of Brenna, Stygga castle, Cirilla of Vengerberg etc, so many great scenes. SoD was also great though, many memorable and emotional moments.

>Witcher game
TW3 even with the sort of meh main story and weak final act. I still miss the intricate politics of TW2 though.

>Witcher monster
Leshens and fiends. I just like their design.

>Witcher character
Yennefer (same as you, in a non-waifu way)

>Witcher musical theme
River of Life. TW3 has the best OST overall but no other witcher tracks evokes my feelios quite like that one.

>Witcher quest
That's a tough one. Battle of Kaer Morhen was memorable, as was Through Space and Time. I also liked the necromancy one from TW2 and the side quests of chapter 4 from TW1.

Thanks for continually posting my thread long after I myself gave up and lost interest, lolly pop girl.

They abandoned Redkit most likely because of the lack of time and resources or some licensing issues popped up out of nowhere, a shame.

As for Gwent, we will see, they would have to change some mechanics, but would still beat Hearthstone.

Lady of the Lake is so weird. it's got some of the best stuff in the series but at the same time you can tell how rushed and frustrated Sapkowski has gotten.

>
TW3 even with the sort of meh main story and weak final act. I still miss the intricate politics of TW2 though.
Same. I think the whole Philippa-Radovid-Dijkstra-Roche-Emhyr clusterfuck could have had a ton of cool stuff if better developed in TW3. Also tfw no Iorveth

River of Life is top comfy, agreed. But I had to choose the drama of David Beckham's theme over it. Personal taste and all.

>tfw River of Life stuck in my head all throughout reading the short stories

>TW1 Act 4
That was really the first time IMO you see what CDPR was really capable of. It's the part of TW1 that fits in best with later games in terms of theme and quality. Not that TW1 wasn't great too.

>Lady of the Lake is so weird. it's got some of the best stuff in the series but at the same time you can tell how rushed and frustrated Sapkowski has gotten.
Yeah, I forgot to add how it also had some of my most hated parts with Nimue which really broke the flow of the story. But when it got things right it did get them right properly.

>I think the whole Philippa-Radovid-Dijkstra-Roche-Emhyr clusterfuck could have had a ton of cool stuff if better developed in TW3.
This is still one the most disappointing aspects of the series for me. So much out of character nonsense for the sake of plot, I wish they'd make an EE just to improve that. I can live with lame Eredin, never cared about him anyway, but the politics of TW3 did a disservice to a bunch of other characters that I actually liked or found interesting.

>But I had to choose the drama of David Beckham's theme over it. Personal taste and all.
Yep, I really loved the HoS soundtrack in general as well, Beckham's theme, O'Dimm's theme and Mystery Man were superb.

>That was really the first time IMO you see what CDPR was really capable of. It's the part of TW1 that fits in best with later games in terms of theme and quality. Not that TW1 wasn't great too.
Definitely. It also had such a big impact because everything beforehand had been so dark and gritty and then you got an unexpected magical moment of respite before things went to shit again. Skellige had a similar effect on me in TW3, it wasn't as magical but the calm relaxing atmosphere was a nice experience after the grittiness of Velen and Novigrad.

Eredin is fine as a plot device. Just needs more menace. It's the Mad Rad the Sad Lad and Lodge centric stuff that's the real missed opportunity.

>Definitely. It also had such a big impact because everything beforehand had been so dark and gritty and then you got an unexpected magical moment of respite before things went to shit again. Skellige had a similar effect on me in TW3, it wasn't as magical but the calm relaxing atmosphere was a nice experience after the grittiness of Velen and Novigrad.
Fucking this. Blood and Wine was kinda missing the point though in aping this I think, since it's not an interlude. Doesn't have what made those bits special. Still fun but I get the idea they misunderstood why people liked those parts.

I downloaded and installed it now what?

How hard do monsters hit in this setting that metal armor is literally useless against them? Enough steel can and will stop a fucking real life rifle, it's just really heavy and not cost effective.

I mean I get the ones that spew poison or fire but I'm kind of skeptical that you're objectively always worse off in armor than without against most monsters.

>Lodge
Damn, they also got screwed over really hard. I'd almost have preferred no Rita, Sheala and Fringilla over the pathetic cameos that they got.

>Blood and Wine was kinda missing the point though in aping this I think, since it's not an interlude. Doesn't have what made those bits special. Still fun but I get the idea they misunderstood why people liked those parts.
I sadly have to agree. I get that it was supposed to be a happy sendoff to the series and all, but for me it was a bit too saccharine. It had some nice moments like lifting Marlene's curse (and its relation to O'Dimm) and helping Vivienne, but the atmosphere didn't do much for me. I mean everything looked pretty, but in a kitschy Thomas Kinkade way where overindulging just makes you feel sick.

Waifu paradise?

>Rita used to have a whole major sidequest sequence tied into the Menge/Dijkstra part of Novigrad
>Sile used to be a main character in TW3
>Fringilla probably was originally meant to do stuff in B&W

>and helping Vivienne,
The "bad" ending I actually found the most poignant there. She may only have a few years more to live but she's just so damn happy. You can even meet her in Novigrad traveling the world. Felt more natural and earned.

Read the description, I never tried it myself.

>A Shit paradise

OY LAZAREH LAZAREH

>>Rita used to have a whole major sidequest sequence tied into the Menge/Dijkstra part of Novigrad
>>Sile used to be a main character in TW3
>>Fringilla probably was originally meant to do stuff in B&W
This hurts a lot. I honestly would have sacrificed the entire B&W if it had meant more polish and content for the main game.

>The "bad" ending I actually found the most poignant there.
Ha, when I played I got the "bad" ending and I had no idea it was even considered bad, I was actually really happy with the outcome I got. I thought the knight was obnoxious and I wasn't going to support his stalker behaviour. So I fully agree, I'd rather Viv be free and enjoy herself instead of feeling indebted to some entitled guy.

>You can even meet her in Novigrad traveling the world
I did meet her there and she mentioned going to Skellige next. I meditated for a while until she disappeared and then went to look for her in Skellige, but couldn't find her anywhere. She probably just disappears, right? Or has anyone found her there?

>This hurts a lot. I honestly would have sacrificed the entire B&W if it had meant more polish and content for the main game.
Same.

I would pay another 60 US dollars for an EE that fixed this tbqh

>She probably just disappears, right? Or has anyone found her there?
>tfw she's one of the "captive" NPCs you see dancing in Kaer Trolde now

Yes, but every place where Triss makes an appearance is a paradise.

>when I played I got the "bad" ending and I had no idea it was even considered bad
Yeah, I'm the same. I don't understand where this idea came from.

>I would pay another 60 US dollars for an EE that fixed this tbqh
Same man.

>>tfw she's one of the "captive" NPCs you see dancing in Kaer Trolde now
This triggers me. But you're just joking, right? ;_; I just want what's best for her, and that doesn't involve nice guys or being a captive.

>I don't understand where this idea came from.
If you let the knight help her apparently they end up happily together in "true love" or whatever. In the "bad" ending the knight becomes a drunk and Vivienne only has 7 years (I think?) to live. But even knowing the outcomes I would still pick the same one, it's what Vivienne wanted anyway.

>it's what Vivienne wanted anyway.
Yeah, I just followed what Vivienne said.

Also, is it definite that she has 7 years left? I thought it was a chance (albeit large) but not an absolute guarantee

>every place shit makes an appearance is a paradise

>Yeah, I'm the same. I don't understand where this idea came from.
Geralt literally says that it's true love the other way. It's pretty dumb.

>This triggers me. But you're just joking, right?
No. Someone post the pic.

It's not definite but it's a strong possibility. But even then, untreated she might as well be dead. The curse was getting worse and she was going to turn permanently into some kind of Oriole freak with no way of living in a few years.

At least she won't have to be a Skelliger thrall for long, and she got to experience hope.

Except Triss is not shit, she is a beautiful, strong and independent woman that lights the room with her presence.

>Also, is it definite that she has 7 years left? I thought it was a chance (albeit large) but not an absolute guarantee
Wasn't it said that once the curse gets transferred she'll live for as many years as an oriole would because they're essentially trading life forces or something. I don't think there are any certainties with curses in general though, just whether you can lift them or not. The rest is up to fate so to speak.

>Geralt literally says that it's true love the other way. It's pretty dumb.
How even? A guy is obsessed with a girl, the girl doesn't give a shit. How is that true love? And it's not even selfless "love", if you help Vivienne without his help then he becomes a drunk instead of being happy for her.

>No. Someone post the pic.
Really? So is this CDPR's way of saying fuck you for not playing along with some whiny nice guy?

here it is

>Wasn't it said that once the curse gets transferred she'll live for as many years as an oriole would because they're essentially trading life forces or something. I don't think there are any certainties with curses in general though, just whether you can lift them or not. The rest is up to fate so to speak.
He says it's a possibility, and the implication is that it's a very likely possibility, but that her reduced lifespan isn't totally certain.

>Really? So is this CDPR's way of saying fuck you for not playing along with some whiny nice guy?
Pretty much, yeah. But why wouldn't you want such a beautiful and loving couple to be together, you edgelord?

No I'm making it up, Vivienne is fine. But the true love thing is real.

Pic related

>How even? A guy is obsessed with a girl, the girl doesn't give a shit.
I agree, they literally talked once and she wasn't impressed.

>if you help Vivienne without his help then he becomes a drunk instead of being happy for her.
Maybe he's happy for her, but feels sorry for himself.

I wanted to punch Guillaume as soon as I met him and I don't blame Vivienne for feeling the same way tbqh. It's the accent and the dumb fuckin haircut and no wait fuck it, it's his whole personality.

Meh, I'd rather have the cute red haired one.

Blood in your stool is no laughing matter, user. Though bright red is less cause for alarm than dark, dusty stool.

:3

There is nothing about that image that isn't horrifying, and I say this as someone with lots of severe mental issues and bizarre fetishes.

>He says it's a possibility, and the implication is that it's a very likely possibility, but that her reduced lifespan isn't totally certain.
Yeah good point. I think it could go either way, it's not a common curse after all. And even if she does only have 7 years left, she's probably going to appreciate them a lot more than some people would in 50 years.

>No I'm making it up, Vivienne is fine. But the true love thing is real.
Oh thank god. I haven't been very actively involved in B&W discussions so I thought I had missed something.

>I agree, they literally talked once and she wasn't impressed.
In my game she screamed at him to get lost and that was that. Plus I'd promised her I'd keep her secret so I had no intentions of sharing anything with anyone.

>Maybe he's happy for her, but feels sorry for himself.
Yeah probably, but it's still shitty. "Waah, I asked for someone to help lift a curse from the woman I'm obsessed with and he helped her and now she's cured and my secret plan of forcing my help on her and making her fall in love with me failed waaah, woe is me."

This tbqh. She can do better than some whiny manchild.

When I see blood in my stool, it reminds me of Triss, the blood on her beautiful red hair, and the stool on her diarrhea episode. It's nice tbqh.

>And even if she does only have 7 years left, she's probably going to appreciate them a lot more than some people would in 50 years.
Yeah. Especially with working hands, solid bones, and the ability to speak in public.

>Plus I'd promised her I'd keep her secret so I had no intentions of sharing anything with anyone.
That's why I was surprised that people consider the ending bad. She explicitly tells you not tell anyone, you're just following what she wants.

OMG, that cute tiny Triss, I want one :3

Which waifu is the best cuddler?

CDPR really obviously wants you to take the other one though. Dialogue acts like you told Guillaume a couple of times even if you didn't, and there is no downside at all to the other ending.

You can have tiny Triss's by eating nothing but fiber.

Coprophilia is unhygienic.

That's easy, Triss of course.

Triss strikes me as someone who'd have very hot and clammy palms (both from her fire usage and general chubbyness), while Yen's hands and feet are probably nice and cool to the touch

>This tbqh. She can do better than some whiny manchild.
From what I saw Beauclair is nothing but whiny manchildren. Good thing she decided to study abroad. Get some fine Nordling dicking in.

>Hey baby, what's scarred, tall, and lasts forever?

I love red heads a lot more than any other hair, colo,r blonde being the only equal, and I used to hate Yen but reading the books and knowing the deep history her and Geralt share made me like her more. Not to mention the lilac and gooseberries smell. Sounds amazing. Also Trissfags on here ruin Triss.

It's kinda appropriate because your waifu posting is also ruining Yen.

A waifufag is a waifufag, no matter their colors.

>You can have tiny Triss's by eating nothing but fiber.
Your implication offends me, sir. Triss Merigold doesn't consist of fecal matter.

Triss is not chubby, she has a perfect body. As far as he palms are concerned, I'd rather be touched by Triss' warm sweaty hands than Yen's icy cold ones.

Yup, plus no more having to live in fear of someone finding out and getting labelled as a freak etc.

>She explicitly tells you not tell anyone, you're just following what she wants.
Not only that, she knows all her options and is still completely certain of what she wants. She doesn't want anyone to sacrifice themselves for her, she even feels bad for the oriole egg. I can't imagine the kind of guilt she'd have in the other outcome, despite what the game may say.

>CDPR really obviously wants you to take the other one though
And it's not the first time either. It's as stupid as the whole Cerys deal. If I wanted a game to shove the obvious best solutions in my face, I'd play a Bioware game. It's disappointing when CDPR does it.

>From what I saw Beauclair is nothing but whiny manchildren. Good thing she decided to study abroad. Get some fine Nordling dicking in.
Good point. Maybe she'll come across Olgierd in her travels and they can bond over their past cursed lives.

My one post every other thread and mostly to shit on Trissfags as opposed to every 5 minutes by Trissfags?

>And it's not the first time either. It's as stupid as the whole Cerys deal. If I wanted a game to shove the obvious best solutions in my face, I'd play a Bioware game. It's disappointing when CDPR does it.
Yeah. Though Cerys at least had some level of plausibility and is a lot more tolerable if you don't go through with PUT THE BABY IN THE OVEN since then her and Hjalmar are both fuckups with goodpoints.

Though come to think of it, that is basically just like with Vivienne, just with more Polish...

It's the opposite for me, I don't like redheads but Triss won me over with her personality. Reading the books only made me love her more, I like my flawed Triss.

>Good point. Maybe she'll come across Olgierd in her travels and they can bond over their past cursed lives.
If this were a Bioware game this would already be a popular fanfic pairing probably.

Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling. Makes no difference. If I'm to choose one evil or another, I'd rather not choose at all.
-Elric of Melniboné

You can't possibly compare one yen post for every 1000 Triss posts.

Go fuck your sister some more Elric

I actually thought that Cerys vs Hjalmar was worse. Cerys is intelligent, rational, breaks traditions and brings about an age of peace and unity. Hjalmar is hotheaded, dumb and ends up drowning his people in blood just to get back at Nilfgaard. If Svanrige was an actual choice and not just the result of skipping a bunch of quests it wouldn't feel so forced, but as it stands it's just really black and white.

>If this were a Bioware game this would already be a popular fanfic pairing probably.
If this were a Bioware game Vivienne would be trans and she'd elope with Anna Henrietta (who would be an overweight black woman).

You are a hero, want a medal? It has Triss on it

>spoiler
I wish we had proper mod tools ;_;

Vivienne is even more Black and White since apparently the MUH RAIDER CULTURE actually struck some resonance with some people for some reason. But yeah it's not great. And I say this as someone that really liked Cerys.

>Svanrige
Absolute monarchy a shit.

>If this were a Bioware game Vivienne would be trans and she'd elope with Anna Henrietta (who would be an overweight black woman).
She'd also keep the feathers. I'd be ok with that part...

Sure, seeing as I do still like Triss although pic related is just better.

I don't generally condone waifuposting but I have to say Shani's lisp in B&W is pretty cute. I feel ok saying this because Shani posting has never been a thread ruining epidemic. Let's keep it that way though.

Shani is a nice gal and a good friend, but we all know which redheaded waifu reigns supreme.

Hello lads. I don't know if I'm stupid but I just realized I haven't seen a single dwarf woman in the entire game series. Why is this? CDPR too lazy? Inside joke? Do dwarven women look similar to male ones in the witcher universe?

>Absolute monarchy a shit.
Sure, but letting Svanrige win has clear positives in addition to the negatives. If the choice was between Cerys and him, the whole thing wouldn't feel so forced as it does now where choosing Hjalmar has no upsides whatsoever and is about as retarded as choosing to go to the Unseen Elder's cave after Regis repeatedly tells you what a bad idea it is.

>She'd also keep the feathers. I'd be ok with that part...
Me too.

They don't shave their beards.

>but I just realized I haven't seen a single dwarf woman in the entire game series.
Yes you have. They look just like the men. I'm not joking.

Ok yeah I see what you're saying. I just found the Vivienne thing more insulting to my intelligence. They could have made Cerys just as competent but made actual fallout happen over her being a woman if they still wanted to go that way and make it a mixed blessin.

>Me too.
Muh d'hoine

>Yen's theme has hints of the Kaer Morhen theme
Everything about her is perfect
youtube.com/watch?v=tBkqKkqdhjk

The one who can still have children.

Parts of Wolven Storm are also used as a leitmotif in the Ard Skellig area. TW3 soundtrack is 2deep

Pls don't waifupost though.

Nope, it's the one from Maribor, you know...a beautiful sorceress, giggles for no reason, has cute freckles...

No