/scg/, /edg/, /nmsg/: Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky General

>What is this?

the Dead Space Games General of course!

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp
-----------------------------------------------------------
>No Man's Sky
>Being more than a FOTM game
Feel free to shitpost about it here though.

>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1470568324913.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc
no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Posting best ship that's gonna be released Soon™

You Aegis and Anvil Niggers wish you could be a multrole as her.

Why exactly are people hyped for No man's sky? Sure, exploring and building on randomly generated(?) planets is neat, but personally, sandbox exploration/building games like Minecraft (Just an example. feel free to swap that with any sandbox exploration/building game) get really boring without playing it with buddies/randoms online.

Last I read the "multiplayer" aspect is that all these niggas be flying around one huge ass universe in such a way that it'll be uncommon for players to encounter each other. If this is still true, then I do not understand why this game is getting so much hype when you can't even go exploran/buildan with your friends or easily find randoms to fuck up or join up with.

I'm just trying to know why people are looking forward to NMS so much, since I just can't see it lasting very long.

I'm excited because casual space exploration game.

I'm not expecting longevity, just something to have a little fun with. No interest in multiplayer either, that's why I don't play open in Elite.

Stylist? There's a story there.

I'll probably just pirate it and try to ruin other people experience, if i find some
I'm very interested in star citizen, but i can't fucking afford to upgrade my pc for a single fucking game
my R9 270x still runs great all the shit i play o i'll just wait for them to optimize their fucking game
>implying they ever will

Something new to dick around with other than the gruelling grind of E:Dad Simulator and Star Cuckizen : The Waiting experience

>I'll probably just pirate it and try to ruin other people experience, if i find some

There's no multiplayer at all. You have been tricked.

No seriously.

>I'm very interested in star citizen, but i can't fucking afford to upgrade my pc for a single fucking game

The SC Alpha runs fine on medium hardware. Most of the performance issues are due to netcode. If you don't believe me, launch single player Arena Commander and test it out.

>There's a story there.
It's not very long or interesting and has to do with waifus on another Veeky Forums thread.

>Repostan
>Elite: Dangerously Boring pastebin
>Star Vapourware pastebin
>No Man's Sky the WORST game of them all seriously guy the worst!!!!
>NMS IS FOTM FOTM FOTM!
Bitter much?

I've watched a bunch of leaked gameplay, and it's quite a nice exploration game. The worlds are absolutely huge, you can't walk anywhere meaningful. An example of random stuff you can find would be some guy flying around and randomly finding a buddhist/high-altitude asian looking building, discovered some stuff there, nice serene atmospheric music. It's all pretty well coordinated for that sort of experience. When you get tired of a place, you can just leave. It's a good alternative to.. well, there is no fun game that even remotely compare to it.

It's probably not worth €47/$52 (check online prices), but since it's already on various key sites and whatnot (i.e. not steam exclusive), the price will drop after a while. No DLC either, future updates are free.

being used to ED ship designs and how fragile external modules are in that game, all I'm thinking while looking at that image is how that ship will completely lose thrust and then break in half after one volley of missiles

Say no more.

This is some quality shitpost but i just copied the old OP becasue the other thread was dying senpai

>I've watched a bunch of leaked gameplay

What really bothered me about the leaked stuff is the godawful texture pop.

I don't usually scream about immersion but this was silly.

Repostan

I've played Minecraft a lot by myself and really enjoyed it. NMS is a pretty niche game that only a few people will enjoy, and since it got inflated hype because of Sony I know that a lot of people will be disappointed. Don't really care for the multiplayer because I'm sick of games like Elite shoving half assed multiplayer into games that don't need it. I've played many, many exploration games and though the idea of playing with others sounds nice, it gets fucking boring quick and it's just more fun to do it yourself while keeping in contact with others doing the same thing.

Also, not to be an asshole to you, a lot of people like you don't know what they're getting into. The game has no building. A lot of people who are "hyped" for this game have unrealistic expectations of what this game is going to be. It's basically going to be a gamey Space Engine with ship upgrades and a collection system and some mediocre combat thrown in. That's it. In this regard, I can say that the game is horribly overpriced for what it is and I know for a fact a lot of people are going to be upset by what they got, what they expected, and the price that they paid.

If you can spend hours in Space Engine just looking at shit and jump-honking in Elite for days on end, you'll most likely enjoy NMS and I can see you getting 50 - 100+ hours out of it. If not, you won't like it and you'll get bored out of your mind within 10 hours.

>Being used to triangles

Ship is fine. You can always jettison the Command Module off and warp to safety.

Have a lewd Cat pantyshot.

>A lot of people who are "hyped" for this game have unrealistic expectations

That's the whole NMS experience in a nutshell.

Same with SC, eh?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1470568324913.webm

honestly I like ED ship designs: blocky and bulky like they just put armor over the internal modules, with the exception of imperial iShips

I like most of SC designs but some just are overworked as fuck and nearly all fighters look like they've been made primarily for atmo flight

>youtube.com/watch?v=IHUbzzKJXBc
What did he mean by this?

TWO
HUNDRED
GORILLION
DATA

It was and still is a problem with SC but watching bits of the game being made and even playing a buggy piece of shit has dampened a lot of the really crazy theories.

>Also, not to be an asshole to you
no offense taken. I thought I read it had building somewhere from the brief look I took at it and assumed it would with the price it had. Your overview pretty much confirmed my feelings that NMS isn't really for me. I'll just stick to Terraria and pick up Starbound if I want something a little more space-y.
>tfw a few friends are probably going to buy this day one and will be massively disappointed because it just won't be their type of game
>mfw I tried to warn them before

>honestly I like ED ship designs

Different strokes for different folks. I know that they made the ED ships in a pseudo-retro style, but they just rub me off the wrong way.

>I like most of SC designs but some just are overworked as fuck and nearly all fighters look like they've been made primarily for atmo flight

That's just Aegis Dynamics and yes, I hate it too. They look too contemporary and overstyled as fuck. If you want a more basic approach, look at the Anvil Hornet or MISC Freelancer.

Is the Merlin a good ship?

Yeah, I agree. I got the SC kikestarter 30$ package.

I've dicked around with it here and there, but it's in no way ready for anything at the moment.

Vanduul swarm thing was fun

>Vanduul swarm thing was fun

It really was. I think Squadron 42 will be a decent game.

No bets on Star Citizen, there's still plenty of ways to fuck up a MMO.

Is that from the Time Warner ad?

If it delivers on 25% of it's promises it will be worth dicking around in

Why and when did Star Citizen become a "simulated first-person science fiction universe" instead of just a spaceship sim like it was intended to be?

Like 3 years ago.

Where have you been?

>just a spaceship sim like it was intended to be?
it was always a simulated first person science fiction universe

by the end of the year, /edg/ and /scg/ will split, then /edg/ will go off and die on it's own.

It serves as a nice way to spot the retards.

>ignorant video
>full of factual information
What did he mean by this?

yes

Don't die on me, thread

>+3 upboats

Is the community getting better? Couple of years ago that guy would have been top voted comment.

Oh he's -3 now.

There's hope for those people yet.

/pol/ went there

He means English isn't his primary language.

>going on reddit and being surprised about reading dumb shit
It's like shooting fish in a barrel m8

Try the NMS subreddit some time.

It's amazing.

Now, will some go get screencaps of the RSI/CIG messageboards about this and post them here?
t. non-backer

So what exactly IS star citizen about? I don't mean the wing commander-esque single player.

They keep saying its a "persistent" universe, but what the fuck does that actually mean? Is it like a regular MMO? Will it be inhabited by other actual players? What is there to do besides fly around?

Hey, /edg/, I'm usual a Star Citizener, but I want some time on the other side of the fence. Solo shit is dull and I want a group to fly with. Where do I start?

Good luck finding other SOLO players
I would fly with you but i'm like 5k light years away from the bubble
Welcome to our place in hell

I've been delivering tea and coffee to Ambika 32 tons at a time.

Do you want to fly open, or fly private in your group.
and what do you want to do together?

if you want to grind do sothis ceos, it shouldn't be bad even in a sidey if you take smuggling mission from Sothis to Ceos, and pay 3m
with like 10m you can fit your own little combat ship
with 15 you can fit an ASP explorer

What the fuck ever. I have A/B rated engines and weapons are pretty shit, but I'm just fucking bored of being alone.

Well, if you think of something specific I could spare a few hours to fuck around doing something. Got engineers?

Yes, I do. Want to go and get resources from planets? I'm currently headed to Ambika for my coffee delivery.

>Is it like a regular MMO?

Yes.

Is SC worth buying into now or should I wait until more is done with it?

Just wait.

The good deals are all gone anyway.

iirc
the mmo will be free to play on launch, but you won't be able to buy into ships, instead it will only use microtransactions like eve's PLEX or just straight credits.
is squadron 42 going to be $60? you would get a discount if you buy a package for $60 that also has a starter ship in the mmo to go with the single player game.

Maybe, I wouldnt mind bringing my FSD from rank 4 to 5, and getting the materials to fit the bill on a couple of ships

>the mmo will be free to play on launch

Well I'm docked at Goulart

Ehh, what do you wanna do. Hunting my engie shit doesnt sound like that much of a fun time

I've only been playing 30 hours in total. I can honestly do what ever and only gain. But if you want my opinion, space dune buggy adventures sound pretty fun.

Alright ill log in and head over, post steam or discord or something

CMDR Shagohad

>reposting your butthurt

y tho

>the mmo will be free to play on launch
what?
this is the first time i hear this

>posting that screenshot as if 90% of this thread isn't lusting after space aliens to fuck

He's wrong. You need to buy a ship

How does buying ships even work in SC?

As of now, with pledges. When the game launches, it'll be like any other game. Git munny, gibs to dude, git ship.

UGHN YEAH.

OPEN UP THAT CLOACA

Day 1 buy

Didn't they say they would have like shitty janitorial jobs if you don't have a ship?

You will never fug the aliens. What they "deeply desire" is likely 100 ores or something. The disappointments of random generated text.

>>>>>SPACE JEWS

FUCKING

SOLD

>the only learned word is "give"

just like my fucking Stellaris Space Jews

holy shit.

GIBE GALACTIC SHEKELS, GOY

shitty janitorial jobs would be a blessing compared to having to run a turret or, god help you, ship system station for some autistic fag who actually bought a four hundred dollar multicrew ship.

Looks like playing all that Viscera Cleanup Detail will be useful to me in the end

>watching someone play NMS on twitch
>the space combat looks unbelievably bad
>mobile game tier bad

Yes, let the asshurt flow through you.
>mfw Preordered NMS
>mfw people get buttfrustrated over delays from july
>mfw they get double-buttfrustrated over this delay
>mfw tearscoop engaged
>mfw autists anally ravaged about the most infantile things possible
>mfw own both Elite and SC
>mfw still able to have fun

The space combat looked bad from the very first trailer. There's a reason why they spent most of their time harping on about the planetary shit instead.

There's a reason why they refused to show any space combat and instead do instant cuts in their trailers or shoot an enemy once and fly down to the planet.

Say what you want about NMS, but I think the art-style and the general aesthetic that they're going for is golden.

Holy shit, they actually added some more manuevering to space combat. Maybe their space combat *might* be decent.

no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/

>no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/update-1-03/
>DOUBTING

>Art style and general aesthetic

No, it's pretty goddamn ugly. I hope the PC version isn't as ugly

I'm heavily doubtful also. They're claiming they're going to add base building, which goes against the concept they've been crying about for years.

I'm not DOUBTING

Shame on you for doing so.

Game's gonna be sick

>Space Combat – advanced techniques have been introduced, like brake drifting and critical hits.

What the hell are they talking about?

Is that a fucking Elite sidewinder?

>Game's gonna be sick
Pic related

>Critical hits

Don't know, sounds like bullshit because ships have been destroyed very quickly from streams

>Drifting

Yaw, I guess. Something that I thought was in already but I guess like 21:9 monitor support, it had to be coded last fucking day before release.

Critical hits is not an "Advanced Space Combat Technique"

This Sean guy sounds like a snake oil salesman.

You sound just fucking upset over your game of choice sucking.

Why can't you enjoy all 3 space games?

>You just sound fucking upset

Really? I'm the one upset after you posted that? Stop crying already.

>Snake oil salesman

He kinda is, whether it's malicious or not in nature, who is to say

>You can pvp, your friends show up on the map, but our game is really big though
>Colbert, you can't see your own face, but maybe someone else can see it for you ;) ;););)
>Ehh, multiplayer gives the wrong impressions, Ehh, you should play destiny or an MMO, ehh we're not about that

> infinite warp cell exploit and rare goods trading exploit among other removed. People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves

Wow... the passive aggressive saltiness. Please note that "rare goods trading exploit" was just gathering some relatively easy to find material that had a high sell value then buying jump drive parts and fuel with the cash.

Also the fact that they're pushing people to delete their old saves so hard sounds like damage control. People should probably check to see if their old save really doesn't plat nice with the patch before deleting.

>reposting your pasta from the last thread
>calling ME butthurt
>for laughing at the shit space combat

wew lad

>People using these cheats were ruining the game for themselves

That sounds so Ftroop.

>you're having the wrong kind of fun
>so we patched that out

Keep it up, we're almost /v/-tier of disgusting shitposts