Why do you cucks hate on pushrods and then jackoff at night to the thought of an LS swap in your shitbox?

why do you cucks hate on pushrods and then jackoff at night to the thought of an LS swap in your shitbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vRKTRLD2h8k
youtube.com/watch?v=oIrRmbykLdY
image.hotrod.com/f/160908107 w660 h495 cr1/13-chrysler-hemi-valvetrain-indy-cylinder-head.jpg
summitracing.com/int/parts/mll-bp4962ctf/overview/make/chevrolet
youtube.com/watch?v=JtpzA0hd8Kg
youtu.be/UQ2uXv_maHo
youtube.com/watch?v=awsmcbozrSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Veeky Forums is made up of two people

>implying i don't want an ITB ford 5.0 liter coyote v8 in my shitbox

>Veeky Forums is two people

People who actually care about cars and aren't shitposting underageb& benchracers can see the benefits and drawbacks of different valvetrains.

you want a dick up your ass you weaboo fag

>pushrod cuck is this assmad

pushrods a SHIT

deal with it

Samefag

inb4 nope with screenshot he thinks proves anything we all know about airplane mode cycling and MS paint.

Look at it and say it doesn't look like shit

>5 different IPs
>7 posts

hello summer, how do you like Veeky Forums so far?

>how does airplane mode cycling work
The whole point of him doing that is that it gives him a new IP.

it doesn't desu

Alphonse, you're behind schedule. Don't you have more threads to shit up? There's more fun to be had when you're not baiting in your own bait thread

>everyone engages in the same samefagging tactis as me

airplane only works on certain computers, because most of the time it doesnt change your modem/router IP

except I am not Alphonse, dumb cuck

>none of the advantages of a pushrod engine
>none of the advantages of an OHC engine

at least it has the proper number of valves per cylinder

>airplane mode
>computers
WEW LAD

no but really shitposting aside why do you hate pushrods

>computers
>modem/router
wew lad

>what are laptops and notebooks

dumb fucking cuckhold

you should killyourself

I know it exists, I'm talking about what shitposters use: Mobile phones.

>none of the advantages of a pushrod engine

You wot? it's still a small as fuck engine compared to DOHC, the heads are just wider not taller. If anything it looks like a hemi head.

Come back when a hemi 427 is bigger than a 302 boss engine.

>it's still a small as fuck engine compared to DOHC

thats literally the same size as a DOHC head, arao heads and mercury racing's DOHC for the LS give them similar proportions to modular Fords

>it looks like a hemi head.

which happen to be as big as a fucking DOHC engine

426 Hemis are similar in size to 427 Cammer engines

>literally the same size as DOHC engines

'kay

I guess this 5L coyote isn't taller than a 426 hemi

idk about you guys but i jack off to the thought of a k swap in my shitbox

pushrods push gawds

I don't hate them myself. in fact, i like them and believe they need to exist. Like other forms of engine configuration or method of power/engine placement.

>boxer engine flat engine
>V8/V12 W12/W16
>OHC DOHC OHV
>front engine placement, mid engine placement, rear engine placement.

One of the reasons i love the Viper so much is because of its engine. nothing as far as i'm aware exist like it in a production car.
>8 liters of V10 pushrod madness

I wonder what would happen if the viper engine was cut in half to make an I5 similar to how GM cut two cylinders off their LS engine to make the Vortec (or so I've heard)

I just like that there exist different methods of delivering power in an engine and different engine configurations altogether. makes things interesting and keeps me interested in cars in general.

When everything eventually goes electric there probably won't be many interesting methods of sending electricity through a car other than more and more efficient batteries.

not sure if troll

Yeah, the R/C car scene is pretty much all brushless electric motors. They're no variety. It's kind of a shame knowing that cars are going to go that way.

no it isnt' look at the main bearing pulley, the hemi is sitting way lower

lets do some simple paint measurements

the hemi engine is wider and taller

he is serious, pushrod plebs think every pushrod engine out there is as small and as an LS

they have never seen how massive hemi heads are

It's closer in the image than the coyote while having 2L more displacement.

Hemi heads are wide across the block, they aren't as tall as DOHC. what about this do you not understand?

and as light*

time to fap

>It's closer in the image
i bet the flywheel is further back though :^)

>It's closer in the image
i dont understand what you mean by this

> having 2L more displacement.
thats because of the coyote construction

you cannot stroke the modular because of the crankcase area is too tall

>Hemi heads are wide across the block, they aren't as tall as DOHC.
funny because DOHC heads found in several 4 cylinders are just as big as pushrod 4 cyl heads

look at , those heads are bigger than the coyote's

a 427 cammer also sits lower than a Ford Hemi

>differing engine designs
>not measuring from the front face of the engine

wow such a good determination of distance you have. it's like you're peeping through a camaro

>funny because DOHC heads found in several 4 cylinders are just as big as pushrod 4 cyl heads

That's funny since the ford ka used a pushrod 4cyl specifically because ti can fit under the hood.

>ford cammer
>not being wide as fuck and fuckhueg

youtube.com/watch?v=vRKTRLD2h8k

Look at this video and look at the 32v SBC and realize it didn't take any modification of the enginebay to fit the same 350 that was in there.

Like I said, over the block and cylinders, it's wider, but it doesn't get taller.

OC

>ford ka used a pushrod 4cyl specifically because ti can fit under the hood.
really, then how come manufacturers can fit OHC heads in similar cars, like the VW Up, or a Smart?

how do motorcycle manufacturers are able to fit OHC heads inside a motorcycle?

>not being wide as fuck and fuckhueg
its not taller than a hemi head

> realize it didn't take any modification of the enginebay to fit the same 350 that was in there.

i dont understand your point, you do know that the advantage of pushrods is that they make an engine narrower, not taller right?

pic related, the area inside the red square is not present on an OHV engine, which is why it makes the engine narrower, a hemi head or a 4 valve OHV takes up the space in the red square to fit the extra valve, or fit the exhaust valve in a hemi engine

the Ford cammer was basically a Hemi head with a cam in the middle, it doesn't make it any bigger, since the valves already make the head wide as fuck

>is not present on a 2 valve OHV*

>i dont understand your point, you do know that the advantage of pushrods is that they make an engine narrower, not taller right?

when have you ever heard that? it's making the engine compact overall for the displacement.

When did you ever hear that it's supposed to be "thinner" the block itself without the heads is most of the width.

youtube.com/watch?v=oIrRmbykLdY

Here's another example of 32v LS heads. about the same height but wider than the standard wedge heads that you usually get from the LS.

>it's making the engine compact overall for the displacement.

lol no

displacement has a lot more to do than just heads

a wedge 2 valve OHV head will perhaps make the total engine with 2 inches narrower, but displacement has nothing to do with this

>the block itself without the heads is most of the width.

exactly, thinking than the valvtrain configuration is that important when talking about toal engine size is retarded, a wedge OHV head will just make the engine narrower

>about the same height but wider than the standard wedge heads that you usually get from the LS
yes, thats what i was talking about before, the only advantage of OHV is the width, not the height, which is why a Ford Cammer isn't any bigger than a Ford or Dodge Hemi, as you tried to imply

I said coyote engine, which is DOHC not the cammer.

The cammer was an oddity that isn't present today. It was also a very wide engine. more than the regular 90 degrees i believe.

BBCs are still smaller than regular 5L Coyote and Voodoo engines. Which is my point. They're way more compact overall than DOHC engines, need only one cam for both banks and are usually lighter.

even the 32V heads from ARAO the scam artist were still lighter than 32v DOHC heads.

>that fuckhuge head
might as well make it ohc at that point

it would be much taller than it is there, and you'd have to drop the displacement.

Compare these modular engine examples

To the big block chevy 8.1L V8

can't find a dimension diagram for the hemi but it's pretty similar while having much more displacement.

>mfw pushrods are and will always be superior to Dohc

except the coyote isn't bigger than a Hemi
see >The cammer was an oddity that isn't present today.
thats irrelevant, it was not bigger than a 426 Hemi the hemi valvetrain is ver similar to a DOHC valvetrain, thats why it isn't as small as a wedge 2v

>BBCs are still smaller than regular 5L Coyote and Voodoo engines
lol, thats literally irrelevant because the coyote isn't the only OHC engine out there, the coyote is a massive engine when you compare it to Nissan VHs and Toyota's UZ

have the official Ford measurements for the Coyote, you can see that including the retarded plastic cover, the engine is as tall as the 351w and other BBF

ONLY the small blocks are narrower, and its just 2-3 inches, the cammer is wider because Hemi and the 429 is just as wider and all of the older pushrod engines are heavier because iron

> They're way more compact overall than DOHC engines, need only one cam for both banks and are usually lighter.
in the case of wedge valve heads...
have you ever seen a Hemi valvetrain? they have these 2 fuckhuge valve rockers that go from the front to the back, which are very similar to a DOHC valvetrain image.hotrod.com/f/160908107 w660 h495 cr1/13-chrysler-hemi-valvetrain-indy-cylinder-head.jpg

and you'd have to drop the displacement.
no it wouldn't, the cammer displaced the same amount as the hemi

that isn't a big block, thats a small block stroked to 8.1 liters

>delusional pushrod plebs actually belive this

tip top kek

that ain't a big block m8

>OHC banned from nascar because pushrods plebs couldn't keep up

>OHC banned from NHRA because pushrods plebs couldn't keep up

>superior

>Vortec 8100
>not a big block

top kek.

I am also aware that the hemi heads are very wide, but they aren't as tall as DOHC heads.

>buying the ohc meme
>ohc cucks ass blasted that after almost 100 years pushrod is still superior

nice trigger words kiddo!

if pushrods are superior then why did Chrysler and GM begged Nascar and NHRA officials to ban the cammer?

top kek

> but they aren't as tall as DOHC heads.

see the boss 429 is bigger than the coyote, try again

because ford is God tier
I have nothing negative to say against ford
GM and Mopar cannot compete against ferd
>pushrod still number 1#

That's a big engine.

>pushrod still number 1#
history proves otherwise

>8.1 Liters
>340 hp

this is what happens when you think lol2valves is a good idea

friendly reminder OHC motorcycle engines are smaller, lighter and more powerful than OHV motorcycle engines

back to /v/ lad

>engine made for torque for trucks
>expecting power

>450 ft lbs
>from anow engine castrated by fuel economy and regulations
With the older mark iv with the same cubic inchs you can easily hit 500 to 600 hp with gobs more torque

>8.1l V8
>340hp
>not a good idea

euro cuck please

500+ lb-ft. 300+ hp at low rpm

INSANE potential for big power. LS-Bigblock "vortec 8100"

same specs as a 3 litre diesel

but with 1/5 the mpg

I don't hate on pushrods, I think they are more than capable of doing their job damn good.

>yfw 11,000rpm air cooled pushrod motor making 135hp/L

>3 liter euro diesel
>340 hp

you don't realize how detuned these engines are from the factory. my 5.7l engine from the same LS-architecture is at similar power stock.

the 8.1l was made for trucks. big ass american trucks

its a cam/headers/tune away from around 500 HP N/A.

its a 8100cc OHV V8 in cast fucking iron. made to compete with big 'merican turbo diesels

>desire to know more intensifies

>b-but if i spend 15k in new cam, pushrods, lifters, valves, heads, pistons rod, crank, injectors and fuel i can make power out of it

>500hp after mods
might as well get the diesel if you're aiming low.

>Vortec Cam
>15k

what? you just drop about $150 and keep the rest stock and you can put out 500hp easily.

Hell crate motors aren't even that expensive.

summitracing.com/int/parts/mll-bp4962ctf/overview/make/chevrolet

Lurk moar

>15k

w-what

a street/strip cam on stock cylinder heads, 2500 rpm stall converter, and a set of headers.

not more than $1500 after a tune. that would be a HUGE gain in performance over stock

a cam is $500. this is an OHV pushrod engine

for instance cam/headers/tune in my 5.7l LS1 is good for 400whp.

there's a decent amount of after market available for the 8.1l vortec. made for competition speed boats.

>muh euro diesel

how to make Americans CRINGE

>muh garret turbo on shitty old diesel

who gives a shit its a fucking merc

>might as well get the diesel if you're aiming low.
kay

>american thinking non americans give a fuck about american opinions

We never think about you

any news on this?

jesus fucking christ

youtube.com/watch?v=JtpzA0hd8Kg

Well I guess we can put the pushrods can't rev myth to rest.

youtu.be/UQ2uXv_maHo

jesus christ the swedish madman

>extensively modified engine
>revs as high as a stock honda engine

wat

>revs as high as a stock honda engine

A honda bike engine, it can rev up to 10.7k according to the swedish guy that made it

>revs as high as stock honda engine

what honda engine revs to 10k?

Daily reminder that the OHV version of the Cologne 4.0L V6 is way better than the SOHC.

AMC Straight 6 GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=awsmcbozrSQ

I dunno, they can still do the power to displacement like DOHC with only 2v per cylinder