What's the shittiest country for driving and why is it England?

What's the shittiest country for driving and why is it England?

Everything is so cramped and your national vehicles are shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/watch-the-feds-crush-an-imported-nissan-skyline-1753280296
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

besides the extreme insurance costs until you're 25, i think it's one of the best.

cars are SO fucking cheap in the UK

i remember some user who picked up a sweet, running TVR for like 500 pounds.

Why are they so cheap?

actually the UK and Ireland are the best european countries for driving

the rest are wayyyyy too cucked with txes and laws

>I should know, I've travelled the world

>swedecuck
lmao go ride your cuckmobile cuckboy

United States.

>all the known fun roads have low speed limits and are full of cops and casuals.
>no grey market importing. because that takes money from companies.
>motorcycle land splitting is only allowed in California.
>no unrestricted interstate sections.
>city and county police think speeding tickets are for raising revenue.
>one UJM motorcycle available on the new market.
>no good weekend warrior racing scene for working stiffs.
>NASCAR, INDY, CART
>lol what is wrc?
>city traffic sucks but most cities have next to no mass transit. so you have to drive in the suck.
>Cash4PerfectlyGoodUsedCars ruined the used car market.
>stancefags

lel why so angry little fella?

>being this much of a cuck
Lmao did you let a Somalian ravage your asshole for breakfast yet? Oh wait no breakfast for you not enough snow to make breakfast.

>Cash4PerfectlyGoodUsedCars ruined the used car market.

I would have taken and restored that Syclone :'^(

>inb4 snarky ass edgy remark about how it belongs there because "stop liking what i don't like"

The same reason you can pick up a dirt cheap Trans Am in the US that would cost 5x that price in other countries.

Mk4 Supra Turbos, MR2 turbos, and VR4s ended up in the scrap heap.

JUST!

What's a good, fun second or third car to get in the UK? Was thinking an NA/NB MX-5 for around 3 grand or so, what else is there in the sub 5 price range? Ideally can be modified a little, pretty reliable and decent em-pay-jays due to our high fuel prices... There's stuff like s2000, old bmw's I'm not too sure on maintenance costs...

Australia is pretty shit, speed cameras and shit speed limits everywhere.

Fucked up laws on modifications means nothing fun is legal. Then there's the fucking kangaroos.

Mate, every car is cheap here. Every single one. Except new and nearly new.

Mg tf 1.8 vvc. Cheap as fuck, mid engine, but got to fix that head gasket issue first though.

>k series head gasket meme
>vvc head
You're a melon.

Perfectly good Aston Martin DB7 too

How the fuck can cops watch you in the outback? Your roads are completely straight for thousands of miles why is there even a speed limit? Cucks.

Jesus, why would you even think of paying more than £1k for an NA/B? Wait till winter and pick one up for about £600.

Thermostat is placed wrong on all Fs and TFs. Combine that with plastic head gasket fittings and you have a problem. Easy fix though, just move the thermostat from the water pump to the head outlet, and get metal fittings to replace the plastic ones. Other than that the MGF and TF are reliable as fuck. My VVC been going for years and no head gasket failure since the first one before I did the thermostat mod.

>confirmed for never having checked up on the plight of car owners and roads in denmarkistan
Country roads are usually shit and filled with more potholes than asphalt, highways are usually too small. Taxes are fuckhueg insane and while licenses are expensive, the classes and courses are laughably easy, so people drive like retards. Meanwhile the average copper is a troutshouldered faggot who'd rather stop mrs. Jensen for doing 5 over, than stop rashid the ricerboi or brian brotruck when they have an impromptu dragrace near a school. (they might resist arrest, and we can't get wrinkles in those nice uniforms now)

Cops are under the impression that "speed kills", except EVERYWHERE, so they equate 2000km stretches of road as having the same fatality rate as metro freeways.

I live in WA and what shits me off the most is that a large majority of our road fatalities are on country roads, and they've only just been caught out putting speed cameras/red light camera's all over the place in metro areas using country road fatalities as an excuse.

What's even worse is that we have cunts that like wrapping commodores around countryside trees and this spurs news sections with ol' Liza telling everyone to slow down and that they'll be putting extra speed cameras on the roads to save lives.

Nothing but a fucking cashgrab.

Only in city areas really, country is great for doing skids.

>Country roads are usually shit and filled with more potholes than asphalt
Mate, I strongly suggest visiting eastern European rural roads. In fact, any roads.

England is probably one of the best to be honest, you can do absolutely anything to your car so long as it meets safety regulations.

Cars are in abundance and absolutely dirt cheap.

No import laws that I'm aware of, you can drive anything, you can even road register a tank of you wish.

Roads are only shit in built up areas, mainly London, if you leave London its pretty amazing.

But I do, user. I use them every day and see their deplorable state. Sure, the worse ones in der denmarkia are comparable to the better country roads in vatnikstan. But when one of the taxes levied upon danish drivers is specifically for the upkeep of the roads, it's bothersome to see that the municipalities would rather use money on reparations when your car gets fucked by potholes, than just keep the roads driveable. (if you can prove their pothole was responsible) The road around the village where my parents live recently got expanded and two cars can now barely pass eachother if they get deep into the grass kerb. Progressive.

Theyre selling all their cars because they see no use when theres traffic 24/7 and small gay complicated roads.
They busdrive or get a bicycle

>What's the shittiest country for driving and why is it England?

You mean one of the best ones?
Cheap as fuck cars, you only pay annual road tax that isn't even based on emissions as long as the car is from before 2001, loads of twisties and B roads everywhere, you can do pretty much whatever you want to your car.

>actually the UK and Ireland are the best european countries for driving

And far far better than the USA.

RHD plummets resell value, especially considering the rest of yurop is LHD. You'd think the UK was a self contained market or some shit but that only makes it worse since not enough people to buy your used shitheap

resale value*

Scotlander here. If I didnt have to pay extortionate fuel prices from fuel stolen from my waters I would absolutely get a Syclone.

I was gonna get an mx5 but the bodywork issues were just too much so ended up with an mr2 mk 3 with an engine upgrade.

/pol/ is leaking again

The truth is leaking...

Bendy roads, cars with handling, relatively lax regulations, and your car can't be legally stolen from the driveway by a 'housing authority' just because it 'makes the neighbourhood look bad'.

Germany, fun cars are expensive and rare, TÜV are Nazis that don't allow fun modifications or cheap older cars, insurance is expensive as fuck any car that might be driven by people who might drive for fun, stuck in traffic all the time because of retarded drivers, roads are engineered to be not fun, almost no twisty roads, almost no straights, only long bends with bushes on the inside so you can't overtake, autobahn is a joke, always crowded and limited to 120 kph almost everywhere. Also better sell your soul to Satan to afford gas for anything that's not a 1l 3 cylinder maximum econobox.

That's just the european standard though, and at least the roads in germany are overall pretty gud

MOT testing.

Basically, any car older than three years has to pass an annual test of roadworthiness. You can fail it for a blown headlight bulb or worn tires, or excessive rust.
If a car looks like it won't pass, you sell it and buy one that's passed recently. Or you spend hundreds fixing it up.

A damp climate means old cars tend to have undercarriage rust, particularly on brake lines.

>and your car can't be legally stolen from the driveway by a 'housing authority' just because it 'makes the neighbourhood look bad'.

Story?

It would have to be that one country with lots of poor brown people, bad infrastructure, decaying and terrible roads, and all sorts of violent bullshit where going out to get something to eat can get you killed: America.

>extreme insurance costs until you're 25

even that's a myth. Couple years no claims and you're talking £600 a year unless you're being retarded and trying to insure an M5 at 19

>25
>4 years NCB

He's right.

Stop living in a shitty city.

>describing roads as small gay and complicated
lel

In the UK you can drive tracked vehicles on the public roads like it was just a car.

I would love to be able to do that in the USA. Get an old surplus M113 APC and drive around for errands.

It's Northern Ireland, our insurance costs are even worse than England. In case we use our cars as provo-mobiles.

>getting this triggered someone doesn't automatically fawn over your uniformed opinion

I was torn between a 71 camaro with a 396 or a 67 galaxie 500 with a 390 each for 3k a few years back, but spotted my s2 and decided to spend a little extra on that. I'm still on the lookout for a 73 chevelle (one with a six banger on ebay currently for £6k!!! Pure boomer tax) or some other cheap american muscle

>In the UK you can drive tracked vehicles on the public roads like it was just a car.

Yet you can't legally drive a car with a rust pin hole in the paint... What's wrong with you guys?

>mk 3

absolutely hideous

>Yet you can't legally drive a car with a rust within a specified distance of crucial structural areas... What's wrong with you guys?

I can see if the frame rails are cracked from rust but I've heard of cars failing the MOT or whatever because of a tiny rust hole in the body. Ooooo because a tiny amount of CO could creep in, lol you pussies. That's one of many reasons why the UK is a terrible place.

ah did you hear about that did you? well that's okay then. carry on

why would you let some dumbass drive a rusted bucket of shit?

poorfag detected

how poor do you have to be you can't afford to fix a small rusthole as soon as it forms?

>almost no twisty roads
Maybe if you are a north german plain dweller

>autobahn is a joke, always crowded and limited to 120 kph almost everywhere.
Only around the urban areas.

Rest is true.

I'm 23 in Birmingham and am insuring my 300hp s2 for £800 with 1 year ncb because I had to retake my test after running from the law. I'd consider that nae bad.

Do you live in central London perchance?

who's ur insurer m8

at least they dont have to wait 25 years old to import cars desu

Because they import everything, even the gas station attendants

A car can be rusty as fuck and still be structurally sound and perfectly safe. There's no need to scrap a car because of a patch of rust. I'd rather live with the off chance of being killed by somebody's rust bucket then be controlled by the government like that.

That rat rod life. Guess it's too much fun for you guys on your depressing island.

I seem to recall someone having a massive problem with niggers and illegal mexicans.

>poorfag who can't afford to fix rust
>b-but you don't get it, its supposed to be a rusted piece of shit on purpose

Loving. Every. Laugh

>all this delusion
yes, americans can drive what they like can't they? no government control in the land of the free!

if the rust is on a external service and deemed a danger to pedestrians... isn't it obvious? Same with any panel, if its damaged...

>muh freedumbs to drive a rusted piece of shit!

thank god i don't live in the thrid world

kek, btfo

Oi M8. I see a exposed hole in the body! I'm going to report you to the MOT! Say hi to the crusher M8. I swear on me mum.

england is shitty for car drivers in the cities, because the cities car not for the car driver. However being a motorcyclist, apart from the huge cost of obtaining license, is amazing, wicked twisty roads, insurance is reasonable, easy to avoid police and mobile speed cameras. Don't get stuck in traffic... life is great

>congestion fees

>Say hi to the crusher M8.

funny because in america your car will get crushed even if it doesnt have rust

jalopnik.com/watch-the-feds-crush-an-imported-nissan-skyline-1753280296

>one city which had a major congestion problem

But it's not England, that would be Australia
>drives on the wrong side of the road
>all kinds of fackin wildlife to total your commo with
>ridiculously harsh drink drive rules
>notoriously harsh anti-hooning laws
>wide open fackin land and roads with ridiculously low speed limits

Depends on where in the USA.

Not everything is California or New York. There are 3000 miles in between both coasts, all with different laws, road quality, etc.

For example, the Western part of North Carolina or Georgia are absolutely wonderful. Everything is a super smooth winding road, but if you go to places like Michigan or Texas the roads are abysmal.

>known fun roads
go pretty much anywhere that isnt right next to the bay or LA and you're golden

>britbong reviewing a car
>"It's great here at [country of origin] but how does it do on our INFAMOUSLY HORRIBLE British roads?"
>spends the next ten minutes lambasting that the ride comfort isn't as good as it should be

>rust pin hole in the paint

where are your sources breh I've MOT'd many a rustbucket no prob. The only way you'll have issues is if structural parts or brake/fuel lines are actually rotting.

>no grey market importing
I've been daily driving a rhd grey market import in Florida for over 4 years now without an issue. Its not difficult to do even if the car is newer than 25 years.

>I've heard

FUCKING DROPPED

Wow, a free robot toy!

>other cities in Europe have them now too
>implying they won't just keep adding fees to more cities.

I do like how uK handles emissions. CO2 tax based on emissions. polluting cars can stay on teh road as long as you can pay for them.

Instead of the USA. Where you have to meet some arbitrary emissions standard or have the care be an antique.

then why no twingo?

>amerilards in charge of not being completely clueless

>in florida

just in florida though, because if its own laws, anywhere else and its getting crushed

>then why no gay piece of shit no one wants?

>jalopnik.com/watch-the-feds-crush-an-imported-nissan-skyline-1753280296

Oh wow is this what actually happens?

>a car
>BANNED IN AMERICA

gg fatties I'll have fun building or importing whatever the fuck I want and being able to drive it without the gubmint destroying my shit

LAND OF THE FREE

Sorry pal I went out, I'm with Admiral. Never had to actually use them though so I have no idea if they'll try to bum me or not on the off chance I get btfo by saqib and his 7 mates

>Georgia

yeah but then you risk jaykwon doin nuffin to you and your whip

Northern Ireland unfortunately.

>legally stolen from the driveway by a 'housing authority' just because it 'makes the neighbourhood look bad'.
greentext ples

What is Thailand? #2 in road deaths, roads are not actually that bad, but no parking. Anything not made there or not in a trade deal is massively taxed, see yoke for an accord, 90k for 3 series. Decent amount of bikes are cheap but only ninja tips, not stuff like 636s, but you can't go fast due to stray dogs and dumbasses. For better or worse you can bribe all the cops, but that means any person of higher social sta ding wins, even if they caused a death. I saw so many dead bodies while li big there, they are selfish, can't drive for shot, and succumb to the Asian value of Face so easily...

Really though. Anywhere populated in CA sucks nuts driving, but there's plenty of middle of nowhere that's great and less cop prone.

Case in point, Mine's Loop.

I was looking at an 80s FC for a second car at around £2000 but I'm not sure about maintenance or insurance

Same guy, what do you all think if FCs? They're one of my dream cars and definitely one of the most attainable. I accept that it wouldn't be too reliable and would be more of a project car but I'd plan to modify it later.

>Birmingham
Why haven't you killed yourself?

>No Puerto Rico

The roads are absolute shit. Holes EVERYWHERE. Bumps and pots and fucking everything. Deformities as far as the eye can see, and then some.

Speed limit in the city, 25 miles per hour. Highway, 55~60 miles per hour. There's no way to not exceed the limit unless you drive like a fucking grandmother.

There's no long roads anyways. And a lot of the roads aren't flat. There's a shitload of hills and cramped streets.

The driving experience is horrible.