>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

astoryfilm.com/
astoryfilm.com/about
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>No edition

guess it's shitbike edition.

Are those bars longer/wider than normal bars or does it just look like it due to the empty space where the controls normally would be?

So the Jews are selling this magnet to change lights for $20. Is anyone using a cheap one to do the same thing? I figure you ought to be able to order a $2 big neodymium magnet that will do the same thing.

Who really needs an edition.

Daily reminder Honda is best bike

I made them a little long because sometimes I have to strap it down using the bit that sticks out on the inside of the clamps, but mostly it's the controls and different m/c and clutch perch

hayyyy guise

getting my nanner ready for the 110+ degree summers out here. for the next 4 months, it be hot mayne.

i have an '04 ninja 250, 5000 miles on the clock. i just changed my oil and filter (using 20w-50 from 10w-40) and now im getting ready to flush the coolant out for the summer. its the green shit, possibly original. no bueno.

i bought some Engine Ice on the way home from work - i hear this shit is awesome, keeps stuff cooler and all that. guy at the parts store told me i have to be sure i flush out every bit of the old coolant or the engine ice and the old stuff will "gel" if they mix together.

question: -i asked him wat he meant by flush. he said just filled er up with distilled water, run it for a few minutes, shut it off and drain it and doing that once should be enough.

i asked him if i had to make sure the t-stat opened up while im running it with distilled water, he said not sure.

so: should i run it till its up to temp with the distilled water before i drain it to "flush" it? should i do that more than once or was he exagerating the problem?

check this one i found parked out front once famalam

>WAT Racing

Noice.

Im thinking of picking up a z125 instead

Meh. Everyone has a flat black bike.

Yeah run it until you feel the heat in the radiator. If the thermostat doesn't open it won't really flow much.

I also heard to mix distilled vinegar with water 50/50 for flushing. Might want to read up a bit on that to see if there's benefits.

Make sure your radiator fan works. You might want to install a manual switch for it so you can get it blowing before it gets really hot.

How do you respond when normies ask what WAT is?

does my '82 rebel count?

That guide recommends beginners to buy a Ninja, but what if I want a cruiser? Is a 250 Rebel the equivalent?

meh. Everyone has a chromed out bike

Theres no bike in the pic

nobody has ever directly asked me. a couple of girls did one time but then they started making their own explanations and laughed about it before i had to say anything

>but what if I want a cruiser?
Then you're dead to me

Jk. Get what you want

Not a fan of ape hangers, but it's pretty unique fo sho

Thanks boo

b-b-but... i... you can clearly...

ok.

250 Rebels are slow as balls, they can barely manage 80mph, if that.

Cruisers in general are heavier and don't make as much power so you can usually get away with riding much bigger displacement ones as long as you can manage the weight.

Get at least a 500+ cc cruiser, anything under that will feel slow as balls.

Nope.

w-what if I just want to go the speed limit and like riding motorcycles for reasons other than speed?

KEK
E E
KEK

I could imagine someone from here autistically fumbling around trying to mumble an answer for a minute and then some grills come up with their own answer and laugh

just sit on the couch at home

Passing power is nice sometimes.

Plus not having to wind the fuck out of the engine to do highway speeds is comfy too.

Buy whatever you want, user. Rebel 250's aren't exactly going to depreciate hugely in the future so you're not going to make a big loss if you have it for a couple of months then sell it.

You'll probably still want something that doesn't take 30+ seconds to just barely reach the speed limit at its top speed.

Honestly the 250cc starter thing is to be taken with a grain of salt. 650 v-twin bikes are way different the 600 inline SS bikes where the fear of big cc's comes from. You can still get in trouble with a 650 v-twin but if you're not retarded you'll be fine.

Further more cruiser type bike engine displacement is totally different to sport bike engine displacement. A 650cc v-twin cruiser's power is very different compared to a 650cc v-twin sport bike. Anything smaller than a 650 cruiser is worthless imo.

customized quite a bit on it, didn't like how it looked stock but it was cheap enough to still be cheaper than getting a different bike and not buying more shit for it than my gf buys shit for her cat.

Nothing wrong with wanting something more to your liking man. I'm wanting to get something painted on my batwing fairing. Just no idea what yet. I'm leaning toward the planet express logo though

>tfw you'll never own a tuned Italjet Dragster 180 that makes 50 odd hp as an inner-city runabout

Feels bad, man.

I have a confession.
I live an hour and a bit away from Port Dover.
I didn't go to the Friday the 13th at Dover.

I know some people ride across Canada and America just to go to Dover. So I feel a little bad about that. I've been riding for three years now and I've never been.
But it seems like it's a bunch of older people parking motorcycles (usually cruisers) and listening to radio friendly rock n' roll.
Just not my idea of fun. Am I wrong about Dover on Friday the 13th?
I've been through Dover outside of that. It's a nice enough place.

Think I should go next year, /dbt/?

got a "82 rebel, 650cc version though.

rides pretty fucking comvertable and easy to handle but pulls a wheelie quite fast when taking off while having a fuckedup centerofmass, its leftheavy and the shocks are shit making your first 50km+ speedbump ....intresting.

tops out at 190km accelerating slowly from 170km+

Sounds like how Sturgis and daytona bike are.

I just saw A Life Worth Living

It was the gayest BMW commercial I've seen in my whole life

>Me during the entire film
I can't believe I didn't get kicked out

It was so terrible gentlemen.

>Just not my idea of fun
>Think I should go next year, /dbt/?
I suppose not, but sometimes things are more fun than you might expect. Sometimes not.

>gentleman

Sorry, I meant A Story Worth Living

Website here
astoryfilm.com/

It was seriously 100% fucking unwatchable shit
I'm not even being sarcastic

I dont have problems as my country isnt cheap cunts and they use quad induction loops that are easy as fuck for a bije to trigger.

Do you want to be more upright or more crouched on a sport bike?

6'2", 32" inseam

Seriously guys look at this kek cast
astoryfilm.com/about

You will quickly change your mind once you actually start. Get something that isn't dangerously slow.

welp i know teh fan works in fact last night when i parked it after riding home from work (13 miles ride at 55mph, 8k rpm a lot) the fan had been kicked on. it ran for about 15 seconds then shut off, but ive known it ran in the past.

why am i going to be waiting til i feel heat in the radiator when im idling it with distilled water? when the radiator is warm thats when ill know the thermostat is open? i figured i'd be feeling the cylinder jug for warmth considering thats where the coolant goes when the stat opens up.

but i work in the car repair industry so i may be wrong on how the cooling system functions. thoughts? appreciate the tip. i think ill steer clear of the vinegar thing.

have an red anarchy logo on my madmax bike, don't have a picture of the other side on the laptop, ill upload it when i'm home.

>dat beautiful spraypainted shitbike

Why are you asking us

I prefer to have a bike that sits upright. That way I can crouch if I want, and sit bolt upright if I want.

2muchnumale

>lowered

haram

>why am i going to be waiting til i feel heat in the radiator when im idling it with distilled water? when the radiator is warm thats when ill know the thermostat is open?
Yes.
>i figured i'd be feeling the cylinder jug for warmth considering thats where the coolant goes when the stat opens up.
The heat is coming from the engine, so you that will be the first thing to get warm. You will know the coolant is flowing when the heat has moved from there to the radiator.

Cool, piss off then.

You know bikes more than I do

Makes sense, thanks user.

Also, what would you say is the mileage equivalent for a used road bike compared to a car? Say 100k miles on a car.

Bikes will go forever if taken care of. Don't buy anything with more than 50k miles.

Nice. I've seen a few mad max bikes around here. They're hit or miss to me, either cool looking as fuck or looks like a emo hipster threw up on it

we legal now

don't worry mate, it's an old picture ithe bike looks much better now

well harley fags love riding big, flat black things m9

When did you get a katoom?

excellent thanks bud!

last question: when idling teh bike with the water in it - can i leave the rad cap off, or do i have to leave it on to build pressure so it will warm up like in a car? just trying to avoid the whole "pressurized, hot cooling system radiator cap removal explosion" thing that tends to go down.

had a bad experience with that in my first few years as a professional tech lol. :\

I cannaet stop laughing oh my lord, I wouldnt ride with this guy if he was in my uni club

Gotcha, thanks a lot user.

didn't come up with the nickname myself, trashed the bike to a point where my mates just started calling it that.

>You know bikes more than I do
What does knowing bikes have to do with knowing what you like

High pegs and low bars are for stable cornering and being able to get down below the fairing. If you were doing high speed cornering all the time (eg. a track) it would likely be more comfortable because it wouldn't take so much energy to hang on to the bike but it's not designed to be comfy just sitting on it.

300?

Looks like some 2-stroke KTM from 2000-2007.

also dude weed lmao, ive been confusing cooling systems. of course it'll be flowing when the rad is hot. i knew that, but apparently cannabis and problem solving dont mix.

dont tell my mom.

Yes, put the cap on before you run the bike. Then let it completely cool off before you take the cap back off.

> 2006 Yamaha r6
> Goat year

Bike makes a clunk clunk clunk sound when going in first gear between 0-15mph. Comes from the chain area. Ideas? Chain could be replaced but it isn't horrible.

Who here is in the 4 wheels club?

thanks bruh. i do appreciate it. soon it'll be a lean, mean, self cooling desert riding machine.
>them feels going WOT on a fresh morning on your day off
cant wait

I've never been to any big bike meets. But if they're all like that, I'll probably stay away and just ride.
It's good to try new things. It's also good to not waste your time.

I beat up my honda pretty good, but haven't had to paint it yet. One day maybe. I like the grey, less cleaning on my part.

>High pegs and low bars are for stable cornering and being able to get down below the fairing. If you were doing high speed cornering all the time (eg. a track) it would likely be more comfortable because it wouldn't take so much energy to hang on to the bike but it's not designed to be comfy just sitting on it.
Well there you go, I understand why I would want what I want more now.

Running lean can actually make it hotter. You should probably fix that.

Bikes have 2 wheels m80

>His bike says WAT
>lmao

Do all 4 wheels need to be attached to an assembled bike?

that's just the transmission doing its thing. Are you talking about going into gear from neutral or 2nd gear? It could be because le input shaft isn't matching speed with le output shaft, so you need to le revmatch if shifting from neutral

380, the big daddy. It's too much bike for woods riding or racing at my feeble skill level, but for the street its better than a wound out 250

About 3 weeks ago. I've only had it out a couple of times so far due to the racing schedule. There's a huge hare scramble community here and a large ORV park in town.

>"WAT Automotive Technologies"
"What is it?"
>"It's a car guy internet forum"
At this point, if they ask why you have a sticker from an internet forum, they're not worth you're time. No one will look it up, no one will care after twenty seconds.

>tfw waiting for traffic to die down so I can go on a dank night ride

Post em

Dude I was horrible I felt awful for the guy behind me I couldn't stop laughing the whole movie was fucking awful, if you have a chance to catch the gist of it online prepare for a fucking cringefest

I have the bike i want though. :/

I thought you didn't ride on the street though?

have: xt225
want: fz07

squaaaaad

Don't have a picture but 3rd week owning it and someone already broke the mirror while parked outside a restaurant

started to use it for fucking around practicing wheelies and shit like that, found out that matblack spraypaint magically fixes all dents and scratches so after every fall i just sprayed the fuck out of the scratch and poof it was gone, magic.

then i hit a roundabout going 120km.

not a fan of hard saddlebags nor windshields on cruisers but goddamn that looks comfortable as fuck to ride, topspeed?

i'm both and

Deliberate or an accident?

It was most likely someone hitting it with their car door...I guess?

you don't have air filters on your BMW?

fz6