So Veeky Forums what do you have planned for the near future? Whether it be maintenance, mods...

So Veeky Forums what do you have planned for the near future? Whether it be maintenance, mods, wrapping your shit around a tree, late night cool air cruises, or what have you it is welcome.

I'm swapping this teeny tiny turbo onto my Thunderbird. The other turbo took a shit on me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PVXvHkr-Vs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have plenty planned for the near future... Once I have money.

this

you know you can just post a thread about your project you don't have to turn it into a half baked "what did you do to your car today" thread.

My entire car is stripped down to nothing and I've been working on getting the interior painted. I've spent the last two days sanding it and I'm about ready to shoot myself in the head.

Next time I'm going to half ass it and not even bother with primer

fucking sanding

Got a full stainless steel exhaust going on my 2000 impreza obs. Uel headers from inferno fabrications, stock cats, tsudo 2.5" cat back with a 4.5 inch tip. Along with a new oil pan

>sanding
I know this feel. Even though it's something simple as my valve cover. I used paint stripper and got most of it off, said fuck it and primed it. And it looked like shit. So I'm going to have to do it all again. This time I'll just sand the rest by hand instead of being impatient.

i like your turbo coupe

I fixed my transfer case actuator leak. Toyota wanted $2k to drop the transfer case and change some $12 o-rings, fuck that shit. I removed the actuator and changed the seals myself.

The Toyota procedure actually tells you to open up the transfer case to separate the actuator from the transfer case. I gave no fucks.

you cars gonna sound like this
>woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle woogle

>stromung exhaust
>wheels in pic
Then probably pic up an e36 M3 for a DD. Or buy this e92 M3 I have an appointment to look at tomorrow. We'll see.

Yo, fuck Toyota if they could only build a decent actuator that doesnt need replacing every 10k

I need to get it inspected, put new rotors on the front and probably new tires. Also an oil change.

maintenance
>replace windscreen washer bottle
>check over fuel system
>plugs and leads
>replace power steering hoses

Mods
>swap out clutch fan for thermo fans
>lsd swap
>tint windows

short term
>alignment
>track pads and fluid
>install passenger seat and harness
>hpde's this summer

Winter plans
>roll cage
>rod bearings
>sanding/prep
>cheap maaco paint job

Putting a new servo pump on my volvo and new belts. I'm probably also going to do an engine swap in the near future. I have a 2.7 turbo lying around and I want to see how it goes with a hueg 4banger.

Valve shims coming this weekend. Then put the engine back together and get it in the car. Then buy a new radiator and fans. New intake. Probably just a stock box.

>or what have you it is welcome.

Fantasy Mod invented by Wile E. Coyote:

A circular hole can be made in the floor of the trunk near the passenger side corner. The hole is then prepped with a male retaining collar plumbing fitting to a matching short female collar. The hole is thus protected by what is effectively a metal grommet with threads on its interior. These threads allow either a connection to a reservoir of parts, a straight pipe with a fixed quantity, or a "Y" which can go to two separate straight pipes with fixed loads. Each pipe or parts reservoir has a solenoid to open a gate. The straight pipe is used because the parts have to be carefully loaded so that they slide down and don't jam up.

Parts can be drywall screws (they have nice sharp biting edges and a sharp point), drywall nails, or a single file line of caltrop-like items made from two u-shaped staples (the thick kind) that are fastened with solder and a propane blow torch. All materials are easy to get, cheap, and circumspect so you don't stand out for buying or having them.

If this mod is too much trouble or you cannot find solenoid gates, go sit on the hoods of any Ferrari instead.

Removing Mod:

When the hole is not in use, a screw plug fills the opening and thus it is watertight. To hide the hole, get two thick pieces of aluminum stock that overlap the hole by one inch around. lightly hammer the edges on one side of the aluminum to have a taper.. Sand both sides to satin finish. Press the non-tapered side of each plate against one respective side of the hole and try to bend the aluminum with your fingers or metal working spoon to make the alumiinum conform to the shape of the steel. Apply steel bond epoxy to one side of the aluminum and cover up both sides of the hole. Paint to match color on each side. Because you put a taper on the aluminum, the edges do not stick out so much.

Sounds like a BMW?
wat? I don't understand what the hole does.

I'm taking an autox course in the first week of June, pretty excited. I finally have a car that handles well so I think I'll have a good time.

>fixed passenger power seat, not sure if it's the switch or the motor
>pull stereo head unit and attempt to un-jam CD changer
>aftermarket axleback exhaust so I can actually hear my shift points

Sounds like you fill the reservoir with nuts/screws, then press the dump button in the middle of the road to fuck over people behind you.

It's a wrx motor.

whaaaat? WRXs have non-self-adjusting lifters? really?

The older wrxs use shim over bucket. New ones use just buckets. The 2.5 n/a I just took out uses auto adjusting.

No shit. I thought my car was one of the few out there that required lifter shimming in this millennium.

I assume on a boxer it probably isn't a fun job tho?

>Engine out
>Adjust
>Engine back in

Boxtercucks on suicidewatch

Not really bad. Engine is out anyways. Subaru overcharges but does make a tool so you can swap shims with the engine still in the car.

Wait, why the fuck is the motor pulled?

Just got a 99 Subaru Legacy Outback. Gonna give a white glove cleaning inside and out on Saturday, along with putting a new radio in it. Next paycheck I'm probably gonna do new spark plugs/wires and some nice sounding headers.

Already done the tree thing with a different car.

Can't decide between dropping cash on 15x8's to replace my stock mx5 14x5.5's (and brand new tyres that cost me $800) or a set of fucking winning suspension like Fat Cats.

On one hand, I will get more grip but succumb even harder to the limitation of stock pogo that is already bumpstopping on sticky 5.5's.
On the other, I will literally ride on clouds that stick like shit to a blanket.

Even worse, both these budget points scream standalone ECU and ghetto turbo setup.

>2000 Focus ZTS
Mechanically,
>Paying some shop to do engine mounts because engine winch
>need to do myself: valve cover gasket, idle air control valve
Cosmetically,
>A bit of water running/stain on plastic front bumper, need to either sand it down or just coat it in some kind of paint
>new stereo head going in soon
>replacing cigarette lighter
>need to touch up a few rust spots before fall/winter and salt set in

Eventually tires before winter as well.

Since that hole has the threads, it's versatile. Instead of just dumping dry wall nails and dry wall screws through the hole, snake a tube thru the hole. It would have to be carefully aimed at the end of the car. The end would have to be duct taped under the bumper so that it doesn't flop around in the wind or be highly visible.

On a freeway, a highly dilute mixture of rubber cement and solvent can be dumped thru the tube. Take rubber cement and add approx 2.5 parts rubber cement solvent. Sure, that is very "watery" but the air turbulence behind you will dry it out and you still need it fairly watery to make sure it sticks to objects. The solvent allows the small globules to flatten out and "bite" into whatever surface it lands upon including paint. Importantly, if it gets onto glass, simply wiping it will smear it. It also bites into simple rubber wipers but not into neoprene wipers. Ironically, the best wipers use multiple rubber (not just one type of rubber) such as Bosch, and such a rubber cement and solvent mix has the best bite on such a wiper. Use of such a wiper makes streaks so its blades must be replaced. Neoprene can be physically wiped and the rubber cement physically rubbed off the blade unlike with the more expensive Bosch.

The best time to dump is during rain when the stream is "invisible" due to rain falling. You do not want the solvent mixture to get onto your bumper so this method has some risk to your car's paint. The best place to put the exit tube would therefore be on the end of some protruding object such as a hitch since that is far away from the paint. Thus any swirling turbulent air will not cause droplets to get onto the rear of your bumper. You might also do a simple test to verify. At speed on the freeway, make a short half second burst right before the offramp then when you get off the freeway, park somewhere quickly and inspect. If nothing got on your paint, repeat for 1 second and check....
Wile E Coyote

Sounds like a lot of trouble. Wouldn't DOT 3 (not dot 5) brake fluid also work thru a fluid solenoid instead of a gate solenoid? Fluid solenoid valve also much easier to find as that is the typical one to control if a liquid flows or not. The other type is more an air vane control from HVAC systems and that is not normally at any hardware store.

>2.5'' pipe
>4.5'' tip

Fucking hell 3'' all the way down or don't bother.

youtube.com/watch?v=_PVXvHkr-Vs

I could have. If that's what I wanted.

Cunt.

Because I'm swapping.

I think my exhaust system is leaking somewhere in the front
So that

test driving my attainable dream car today, pretty hyped about it. Should be able to buy it next week.

It'll be gone by the time you get it.

why do you do this to me

I'm turning my '89 Aerostar into a camper van. This week I stripped out the interior, put in a new battery, and wired up a sub, amp, and inverter. Next week I'm making a carpet kit for it and then I'm going to swap out the leaky tranny for a new one... One step at a time.

I've learned the hard way. I don't check shit out until cash is in hand.

What motor?

For some reason you are samefagging

Hopefully no one will scoop it out from under me, it's kind of weird and without a following, and this is a high mileage example.

just ordered a spoiler

sikk

Finished the custom gauge faces for my DIY replica of Nissan Micra Super S gauges. Also started stripping the engine that will be swapped in.

That exhaust shape looks familiar. What car?

2000 impreza obs, gonna replace the 17 year old stock shit with holes and leaks galore