Will it be easier to mod a new miata or a fiata to 220hp?

will it be easier to mod a new miata or a fiata to 220hp?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MXuz4QM2QCA
forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=610318
autoevolution.com/news/2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-nd-tuned-to-over-200-bhp-by-bbr-video-photo-gallery-99695.html
mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/104866-orange-virus-tuned-gen-3-skyacitv-2-0-dyno-results.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Fiata/124. Same engine as the 500 Abarth, there are already aftermarket builds to well over 200 bhp

you can get a mx5 to 200hp with an exhaust, intake and tune.
the mx5 will sound better but the 124 will kill it for torque

>the mx5 will sound better
What fucking planet do you live on? The 124 sounds way better from the jump

youtube.com/watch?v=MXuz4QM2QCA

it really just come down to which ever one's styling you like more. You're gonna spend at least $2000 either way, to get 220hp. Both will have plenty of options within the next year

>Fiat 124 looks fucking sick
>but its a Fiat

>but it's a Miata and is built in the same plant as the Miata
>but it has a Fiat engine

I'm conflicted.

Yeah, it's pretty much a mazdaspeed tuned by fiat which is to say it will be better.

>tuning
>to get 220hp
fuck, why is this car so damned slow. i want to love it but I can't buy something that is over five second 0-60. am I stuck with BMW roadsters and boxsters forever?

inb4 indiangooglecurryshill with his million hp fiat with 'just a tune'

All Fiats sound like wet farts, and to then compare it to the ND's sound? hahaha these jokers

You're just stuck being skilless senpai desu senpai
youtu.be/WpvTawfrbbk

>you can get a mx5 to 200hp with an exhaust, intake and tune.

200 crank hp MAYBE. After spending $3k

124 will hit 200 wheel hp, less than $1k.

Naw you're stuck with being a total cuck forever.

kek, sure sweeties. maybe i like to handle well AND go fast. why the fuck after 20 years has mazda not figured this out?

>bmw z3
haha
a fiesta st would outrun that

>Refugee who got enough rapebux for a shitbox BMW can't stop talking about his BMW

Surprise.

>There are people who actually think the Fiata looks good with that taller, flatter front end versus the sleeker, lower front end of the Miata

>implying skyactiv will reach 220whp n/a

It's a piece of shit. And it's attached to a piece of shit transmission. Add any kind of power to it and say good bye to second gear. Those things have been known to fail even at stock power levels.

>there are people who actually like Miatas

>skyactive 2.0
>155hp stock
>+45hp (crank) or 30% increase in power with exhaust, intake, tune
>On a high compression engine that starts to knock if you change the exhaust header a little bit

Are you crazy? Proof or I believe 0% of it

Thats actually a Z4M and the stock 0-60 is 4.6 seconds. So, no.
>pic related, roadsters that don't blow

You guys are actually pretty dumb. If you had any idea how superior the Skyactiv engines actually are in relation to the rest of the industry.

And what would you expect? BMW didn't even imagine the N20 when the Mazdaspeed DISI came out, now you're using BMWs version of Mazda's old game against Mazda's new game that has no equal on the market, even 5 years later. Oh, you guys, put the magazine down.

>BMW needing FI
The S54 produced over 100hp/L out of its 3.2L over 12 years ago.

>handle
Stop comparing your car to a ND. they are not in the same class. Your Z4 is a heavy sedan weighted vehicle with major compensations built in. Price premium to pay for compensations- lol.

The MX-5 repeatedly writes the manual for the while industry to follow with the best mass management in the industry. You know, the intellectual shit you can't just buy from a supplier. The kind of in house expertise that can realise a roadster, not a 3400lb coupe with big engine options, you know?

Wew lad, you're killin me.
>thinking 0-60s matter at all
>implying any skilled driver won't destroy your shitbox on a track with an NA Miata
>implying you actually even own a Z4M
KEK

And why shouldnt it, it's a purposefully high tuned engine with a peaky powerband. What's your point?

>1) January 2, 2016 - VicTroX's report at the start of this very topic
>2) February 4, 2016 - Ancient Mariner's report of the failure of his sister-in-law's transmission while driving up her driveway
>3) February 6, 2016 - Gear Poet's report of a failure while test driving an ND
>4) March 22, 2016 - Tyler Kvetko's report of transmission failure in his dad's ND
>May 12 Member Matth3w reports that 3 participants in the Wilmington ProSolo Xcross experienced transmission failure.
>May 15 member ceramicNDclub posts in Matth3w's thread that he has just had transmission failure while in 2nd gear.
>May 17 Member Ceiph reports the following on his 01/2016 "...my transmission may have just exploded and I am waiting on Mazda roadside to tow me to my dealer. Just under 7k miles on a GT."

forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=610318

>Your Z4 is a heavy sedan
Its a roadster and its handling is renowned. Remind me where your ND is on this list?
>ahem pic related
its an e46 m3 with better suspension/brakes and 200 less pounds. no miata driver is beating me unless i'm stoned and we are in a parking lot you delusional shit.
The fact that even at 3k RPM I make more power than a miata at its top end? The engine really isn't peaky at all guys. Stop believe internet bullshit.

HAHAHAHAHA
You got that picture off of Top Gear.
>this level of autism
Jesus Christ kid, go to bed.

>The MX-5 repeatedly writes the manual for the while industry to follow with the best mass management in the industry.

kek is that why nd transmissions are grenading themselves under stock power?

The fact that fiat decided so quickly to switch to another transmission must mean almost every single one of their test mules failed with the ND trans.

>miata is suppose to be a tuner special
>can't even handle fiat's 1.4t with 184tq

KEK

you even know what a tune does on these cars? have a guess.

skyactiv isn't the name of the gearbox m8

Well yeah, that is the top gear test track time for a "heavy" Z4M roadster. Remind me again where you miata is?

Are you saying I don't own one or that a miata handles better? Because both are false poorfag.

No shit a professional driver is going to get a better lap time with a Z4m than an NA Miata.. I'm just saying you couldn't.
If the stig was driving an NA Miata he would smoke your non existent Z4M.

it actually is a skyactiv™ branded gearbox

Nigga please. You act like I buy expensive impractical "gay" german cars to appease people. I can drive plenty fine, can ride plenty fine, and hit the track up often and have actually paid real money for professional instruction. Plus i've been doing this shit for longer than you've even had your license kid. Your ad hom is just that. But hey, whatever makes you feel better about your shitbox. The stig himself wouldn't beat me in an NA as I'm not a worthless fuck who buys ND miatas.

Holy shit now it all makes sense. You spend your entire welfare check on your shitbox you live in squalor. Lmao

6You claim you would never buy a car if it has 0-60 over 5 seconds. i'm saying you're a dumbass who just needs to git gud.

>The stig himself wouldn't beat me

This is what refugees actually believe.

I'm not a BMW guy.

All I'm saying is the skyactiv is terrible for tuning due to it's high compression and super fuel saving design.
You're not making 30% more power on better flow and a tune.
Once again, please post any sort of proof on any tuned 2.0 skyactivs

Only thing i've found is 185 bhp, but this requires a new exhaust manifold as well

>implying that isn't my car parked on the street at a rental house
nga i ain't buying a home in this hell hole
you can't git better than the car is capable of. There is no reason in the year of our lord 2016 for the miat to be so slow. I'm not, I just wish it wasn't. That decade old car in the pic does 0-60 in 4.6sec and will out handle any stock miat regardless of generation.
Even the stig can't polish a turd.

Oh I don't need to guess what a tune does for the skyactiv 2.0, I've looked it up.
For all stock, new 4-2-1 manifold, intake, etc

Question is, do you know? or just blowing shit out your ass

>There is no reason in the year of our lord 2016 for the miat to be so slow. I'm not, I just wish it wasn't.

problem for me isn't that it's slow, it's that it comes with a boring as shit engine

>no tuning potential
>sounds like shit
>outclassed by k engines designed 10 years ago

mazda have identified the problem as a manufacturing defect, metalurgy etc not a design problem. not an argument

no user i don't know, but seeing as you do perhaps you could tell the class?

>>no tuning potential
>>sounds like shit
Does anyone know where this guy is coming up with this stuff?
>inb4 his asshole

Where's the K-series now?

>after dumping thousands of dollars in to it its still slower than a 2003 boxster s
why do you poorfags love this car so much? i don't get it. since this is Veeky Forums you obviously think buying new is a meme, so are y'all just delusional or mazda fanboys?

go ahead, show me a dyno of a 2.0 skyactiv making more than 100hp/L and reving above 8k

>you can get a mx5 to 200hp with an exhaust, intake and tune.

Not even close unless the "tune" is basically a totally new top end.

>he spent all his money on a shitbox and cant afford a house

This is fucking hilarious

as soon as people start throwing ethanol and cams at these engines they will make good power. they flow really well stock but the cams are pretty gentle

>implying after taxes/closing costs/realtor comission buying a home is a wise investment unless you plan to stay in the same location for less than three years

Do you want to know how I know you are poor and don't own a home or a decent car? Tell me how much you gross annually user, I need a chuckle.

>200 crank hp
Implying crank hp isn't the normal metric.

be shoved into miata's

>people would rather swap in an expensive old honda engine into an old miat than a skyactiv engine

LOL

*more than 3 years
>pic of not shitty roadsters for free

>a fiesta st would outrun that
Until the turbo gives out in 2nd gear.

>Do you want to know how I know you are poor and don't own a home or a decent car?

You BMW cucks are so fucking hilarious. Give Ahmed back his car before he rapes you again.

only revs to 7600 but it makes the power
autoevolution.com/news/2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-nd-tuned-to-over-200-bhp-by-bbr-video-photo-gallery-99695.html

That fiat engine is supposedly pretty reliable

because people are poor

The Skyactiv makes over 77hp/l

Not even then, the S54 powered BMWs will rape a focus ST regardless of gear.
>decent car
bwahahahaha, did you miss that part? slowbarus are for fools who don't know decent cars. how old are you kid to actually fall for this meme?

tune on a skyactiv-g doesn't just tweak ignition and fuelling

>expensive

wat
you can build a k24/k20 for less than 1500, using a crv block and an si head

no dyno no care

here's an ap1 s2000 dyno

>slowbarus are for fools who don't know decent cars

>he said has his leased shitbox Beemer failed to start again

Keep digging that hole, sandnigger.

>tfw no rotary miats
I don't even care about powa
I just want open-top braps

>Fiat
>reliable.

I'll believe it when I see it. If the Abrath 500s are anything like the regular 500s, they are not reliable at all then.

>faster than your toyubaru in a straight line
>faster than your toyubaru in the twisties
>interior that wasn't made by gooks
>i probably spent less too
Oh user. We all make mistakes. And the bimmer isn't leased.

yeah if you've not noticed this emissions thing has been rather influential in engine design recently
hence why honda can't make NAs with any power like that any more

>>i probably spent less too

This is like the 4th time this thread you've admitted to being a poor nigger, we get it,

the engines good, usually the problem with fiats is everything around the engine.

since the 124 is just an ND miata with an engine/transmission swap i wouldn't worry about reliability

surely you could dyno bbr miata dyno yourself

tune + short ram: 155 whp
mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2016-mazda-3-skyactiv-engine-performance/104866-orange-virus-tuned-gen-3-skyacitv-2-0-dyno-results.html

>posted sept 2015
>no proof, or how they did it
>may 2016, still nothing
>go to their site
>They only have a 190whp package
>2000 british pounds for 30whp

Being financially savvy and buying an objectively better vehicle doesn't make me poor, just makes me not a retard.

When was the last time you got smoked by a civic user?

>Being financially savvy

>by leasing a shitbox and not being able to afford a house

Poorfags will be poorfags I guess.

>hence why honda can't make NAs with any power like that any more

Mazda should have just turbo'd the 1.5L instead of shoehorning the 2.0L in.

The RX-8 was on the Miata platform.

Given his fascination with toybarus I guess if he could have afforded one he would have got one, rather than simply getting jealous,

>dat torque rollercoaster

F A K E

it's to be expected on a high compression/rpm engine tuned for power

super fake looking

here is the real one

I know its a BMW with 330hp so you assume it is new but that car is actually a decade old. They don't lease cars that old user.
>not being able to afford a house
I ain't living in this hell hole forever user. Renting is financially wise for certain people, just as leasing a car is for certain people too.

Are you just upset I didn't fall for the meme too?

the real what? dyno by a different company?

Now this is a proper setup.

now try again with 2 litres and no power adders

>350hp
>ALMOST 6 LITERS

top kek

big beautiful british horses are stronger than soft cock american ones

>displacement
>mattering
yeah, we all don't get taxed like little bitches user. only weight and power matter

>bringing tax into it
idiot it matters when we're assessing a car's power output

>Renting is financially wise

Poor nigger speaks!

good thing i dont get cucked by displacement either

>weight and power

kek, 350hp is literally econobox-tier

No, it literally doesn't. Displacement matters fucking zero. And I drive a car with over 100hp/L and I'm telling you this.
Yeah, you also rent dipshit. You don't own a home or you'd know the opportunity cost and break even time for your investment are real. Stay poor nukka and enjoy your RWD meme shitbox.
Yeah, first off bread, and second with light weight a 4.6 0-60 is far from econobox tier unless you actually own such a car, in such case I am mad jelly

>slower than a civic

>you also rent dipshit

Im not a poor faggot like you. I can actually afford both MY car and MY house.

>I can actually afford both "MY" lame underperforming meme car and "MY" house.
First, you don't own either. The bank does.

Second, I'm not living in this god forsaken city for more than three years. Buying a home literally would be pissing money away. Stay jelly user, I don't have poor taste. Don't blame me, blame your parents who didn't teach you better. Now sell that shitbox to the next early 20's aged sucker and buy something decent.

>Stay jelly user,

Of what, your crippling poverty? Lmao.

>e46 m3 with better suspension/brakes
They have the same brakes, and suspension is roughly comparable. Only real performance difference between the two (other than chassis/balance, obviously) is slightly less weight in the z4m, and a couple extra ponies in the e46. Also, iirc the e46 m3 came with slightly bigger wheels with slightly better rubber, though that's easily corrected.