Hey Veeky Forums, poorfag here. I'm about to buy my first car...

Hey Veeky Forums, poorfag here. I'm about to buy my first car. I wanted to buy a 2002 Audi TT and make it look as nice as possible, inside and out. Any tips?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Black-1999-2006-Audi-TT-Quattro-Projector-Headlights-w-LED-Daytime-Running-Lamps-/381545418738?hash=item58d5e10ff2:g:zbUAAOSwezVW0h-~&vxp=mtr
youtube.com/watch?v=u-NvzKzDzXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get a 350z instead

>Audi TT

Girl's car

Is there a considerable difference in gas mileage? I know the 350z is a 6 cil and I don't want to be spending so much on gas

Go ahead, buy one and buy a second one because you'll be using every single part of the donor car

Post your local craigslist and budget dumbass.

TTs are shit cars.
>vag
>understeer
>expensive to repair if you don't diy

>Are you a grill?
>Are you wealthy or have wealthy parents?
>Are you stupid?
>Are you completely new to cars?
>Are you gonna ignore everything Veeky Forums tells you because you really want a heap of shit that is the Audi TT?

If you answered yes to all then buy it.

Of course there is, my g35 gets decent highway and meh city, take it easy and it'll be fine, but smash the pedal and you'll be doing a 50ft burnout

>poorfag
>buying a 14-year old Audi
>and then modding it

No. Don't act dumb. You will go broke trying to keep it on the road.

>Audi TT

Not really thinking of racing or any other dumbshit. Sadly don't have a deathwish. I'm just looking for something that can get me to different points of my day without dying on me every month and not spending too much on gas while not looking like a tard in a tsuru or a civic. So any recommendations are welcome.

>he wants a fun DD that isn't a Civi-
Wait, Tsuru? Are you a Mexifag? Good God, man. Don't buy a fucking Mexican Audi. Get something reliable like a Crown Victoria.

You literally just described Lexus. Buy a is250, they come in manual

Audi TTs are absolute shit dude.
Like literally one of the worst cars ever built.

So look like a normal person in a Civic? It isn't hard not to be a tard, and buying a used Audi TT (read; girl's car, so no preventative maintenance and servicing consistently missed) with a limited budget is a terrible idea.

As a general rule, good looking and fast will rape you at the fuel pumps. Good looking and slow will be taxed for how it looks. See; base model Integra, seventh gen Celica, Hyundai Tiburon, etc.

You're a self-confessed poorfag. You can't afford abused luxury. Buy something cheap and sensible and decent-looking (not necessarily flashy) and keep it looking clean as possible, inside and out. A filthy interior puts girls off like nothing else.

Not mexifag, but moving to wallhopper land soon. The one I'm looking at is actually imported from the US
i like it, but as said, I dont have a large budget but will definitely consider user.
Why are they so shit?

Don't. Seriously, don't. If you want something that looks different from a Civic, get a Crown Victoria. It's got a much better parts situation, is more comfortable, is probably faster, and it's a lot more robust.

I see 07 is250s with 115k miles go for 6500-8000, which is the same as an Audi tt

I have a small budget on the car to be able to maintain the car in case of any bullshit at the beginning. I don't really consider it such a big luxury, it's a fucking 2002, but then again, it's my first car. And yeah, part of my initial budget was to restore and clean interiors if needed, but this one looks fresh enough to not need it.

Not sure if I looked it up correctly, but Crown Victoria seems to simple. I was looking for something sporty-looking that doesn't sip to much gas.

>interiors

We're not talking about the interiors. We're talking about the mechanicals. Audi engines are complex, and if they aren't maintained they're a minefield of shit that could go wrong.

Should i just go full retard and buy a close to new VW Jetta or some shit like that?

It's got a V8 in it that gives you 200+ HP. It might look imposing instead of sporty, but it can move when it needs.

It's not like it only gets 15 mpg here.

Why? Audis and VWs are kinda shitty man. Spend your money on something more reliable or more extravagant.

i was into the imposing kind of look of the 300c or the Challenger but then found out how shit the transmitions on them were. The thing is I'm going to be moving around a lot in it once I get it so I can't go for something that will kill me on the gas. Owner said he got around 30mpg, probably full of shit but it has to be at least close to 25, which is good enough

That's a testament to audi, oil wasn't changed for 84,000 miles and it still worked fine.

What would you recommend? Something in a low consuming sports looking car. Doesn't have to have the best performance. Just want to get around cheap while still looking decent

It isn't an issue of whether or not it's still luxurious. Used Audi, bought primarily by people who don't actually give a shit about their cars and wanted an upmarket brand.

Generally speaking, it likely won't be taken care of and a small budget won't cut it if you want to keep the poor thing alive. Over here we have a saying for kids who want to buy Skylines or used entry level luxury models for their first car; set aside double its price for the first wave of repairs and have a bus pass.

Consider also the Camry Solara.

Let's compare these two and see what op thinks. The 350z will demolish the Tt when it comes to performance, there's no doubt about that. It will also be cheaper in the long run at the expense of feeling like Chinese shit when compared to the TT. The TT might also attract more pussy, but since we're considering the 350z and the TT in the first place then it could be safe to assume that op is a fag. TT owner here BTW.

Whats your budget (in USD)? Audis and VWs are generally owned by people who don't take care of them. Buying a mercedes, bmw, or a car just off warranty gives you a better chance the dealer took care of it.

Otherwise, you should really find a friend to help you car shop man. Veeky Forums can help choose a model but you really need someone who knows cars to help you pick the right one.

>set aside double its price
Actually had something like that in mind, not that much, but just enough to take it to the mechanic a couple of times when needed.
I like the 350z, obviously, but when it come to gas mileage, I waould say the TT would win. Set that aside, I'm not even looking for something of much performance, not really looking to race it. Just wanting to get around looking half decent

Something around 10k, up to 15k if I fall in love with some car. But that's including initial repairs and maybe some basic changes like headlight or interior upgrading. As far as it looks, the car has actually has been taken care of, mechanical wise. The interiors look decent enough and was recently painted

>and was recently painted
not good man. not good.
Link the car you are thinking of.

Basically what I'm looking for is a coupe car that looks sporty enough, doesn't consume much gas, and won't break down every week. Don't really care of the performance, not really looking to race
Explain pls user

"Recently Painted" usually means that they're trying to cover up an accident.

Cars should never need to be repainted. If it has it means its either very old, abused, crashed, or rusty.

Just link the car you are interested in bro. Veeky Forums may be full of dicks but we will help you out

I'll ask the fag tomorrow, see if he's honest enough or if there's a reason.
Shit's in spanish, as said, I'm moving to the land of the wallhoppers, Car is imported from US though. (Veeky Forums is actually pretty nice compared to /b/)

I'll translate the whole page and upload the pics. give me 5 minutes

I speak spanish.

Link the car dude, I don't want to see you get fucked. No poorfag on this board is going to buy it out from under you just post the link.

this is what I would get if I were you, a nice E46 coupe

Just upload the page puto

he wants something reliable and a guy that knows fuck all about cars won't be able to wrench on it so why bother mentioning it

Its not like an Audi TT is a much better choice. The BMW may have more expensive parts but at least the door handles don't disintegrate in your hands.
Just post the fucking URL

I can also translate, op. Give us the link.

Audi TT Quattro Turbo 225hp
Manual 6 vel
Black leather seats with heating (will heating ruin the leather?)
Sports Rims
Sport accessories (intake, Exhaust System, and others)
113k miles
Approx. $4k USD

e46 is more reliable than a TT. also he seems like he likes German shit, and it's a coupe. it also gets ok gas mileage depending on the engine.

This. He only needs to make sure that the E46 that he gets is in good condition, otherwise he's going to spend more in parts than what the car is actually worth.
2001 TT owner. Heating hasn't fucked up my leather but I barely use it. Maybe 10 times a year for 15 minutes or so.

Hyperlink the ad you stupid canuk

Op, have you ever ridden that TT? I was thinking of getting those exact same headlight but I want to know if they're shit before I buy them. Some aftermarket headlights I've tried before were better than stock and others have been shit.

No, sorry user. I can ask the owner about them and get some pics of them if you like and post them in this thread if it's still up in like 15 hours

i have an audi tt 2002 omvertible...

i WANT those headlights
Where can i get them?

ebay.com/itm/Black-1999-2006-Audi-TT-Quattro-Projector-Headlights-w-LED-Daytime-Running-Lamps-/381545418738?hash=item58d5e10ff2:g:zbUAAOSwezVW0h-~&vxp=mtr

do want, how hard are they to install?

What's your experience with the car? Reliable? Gas consumption? Mechanical issues?

There's some vids on youtube. I'll link, doesn't look too complicated but you do require some tools

youtube.com/watch?v=u-NvzKzDzXU

ive only had it for around 3 months atm,

had problems with a crankshaft sensor or some shit like that that caused the car to turn off

Then some lectrical problems with the brake lights staying on ALL the time, even when the car was off

Gas cosumption is about 19mpg for me

So yeah pretty unrealiable, i actually have a 2000 accord i use as a back up in case the audi shits up and i have to take it to the shop

But it picks up mad pussy for a 4-5k car and people think its worth more

Watch
They're plug and play so no modding required. Just connect everything where it normally would go.

>Picks up mad pussy
>One girl looked at it one time

>Why are they so shit?
FWD
Heavy
Universally negative reports on handling characteristics
Nopower
Audi """"premium"""" parts and labor costs

A better question is why aren't they shit

couldn't been too expensive to fix though, right? A have a sure ride for at least a week in case it decides to go autismo mode, so once or twice wont fuck me up too much, after that I can afford taking a bus a day or two

>FWD
Quattro, so AWD

>FWD
AWD
>Heavy
Not gonna argue
>Universally negative reports on handling characteristics
Only when on the track. It's great on the road.
>Nopower
225 version and TTS are enough.
>Audi """"premium"""" parts and labor costs
Being German means it's automatically better build than your Chevy.

its one of those things where its not ridicoulously expensive but its eating into your money that was reserved for another thing which always hurts

tbqh go ahead and get it, my accord was my first car and while extremely relieable (owned it for 2 yrs and only ever had to do oil changes, etc) it was boring as fuck and i love the audi much more

Nice quads bro
I have some money set aside for bullshits considering the price of the car. at least 1.5k but thanks bro, one step closer to actually getting it

>Heavy
>Under 3000lbs

Post the god damned link to the ad dude

Do you want our help or not?

Just give us the ad. We're not going to steal the fucking thing out from under you. We clearly have no interest in a goddamn 2002 Audi TT that's in fucking Mexico.

Post the ad you stupid fuck.

I'm getting sick of your bullshit bro

Not a single idiot here has given you a serious reply OP.

So here's one, get a Hyundai Tiburon the best damn answer you've ever received in this entire planet

Guys total noob here
How does mileage affect the engine? I mean in wich way?
I have a 2009 Opel Corsa 1.3L turbo diesel, just hit 110k kilometers, is there anything I can do to make it not shit the bed anytime in the near future

When will you faggots understand?
You either drive a nice car, or a cheap car. There's no having both.

Change the oil when it needs it and most importantly don't drive it like a moron and when something breaks take it to a mechanic that you know personally, preferably a long time friend

That's pretty low mileage so you shouldn't be seeing any major issues anytime soon

You can keep a cheap car in good shape and nice looking inside and out though and drive it for over 300000 miles

That's a lot better than thinking you're the shit for driving a 15 year old E-class that's in the shop once a month

Get a is300
>cheap
>reliable 2jz
>available in a manual
>still looks good
>rwd for skids

If youre a poorfag, I would really reconsider german cars unless you have a reliable daily driver.

holy heck... did all that oil sludge throw the cylinder alignment out of wack.. why arn't the spark plug holes in a line.

I need to change rotors and brake pads, any tips on that? Yes I have a trusty mechanic. I already am very careful with oil checking
What mileage could a car like this reach if it's well treated?

Mk.1 TTs are literally Mk.5 Golfs with an equally ugly impractical body and an inflated pricetag.
>not looking like a tard in a civic
Just get a fucking Civic and have the best cheap first car possible. It's easy on your wallet and you can upgrade to your second car a lot sooner.