I'm about to finance $4,200 for a procharger kit for my 2007 Mustang GT

I'm about to finance $4,200 for a procharger kit for my 2007 Mustang GT

talk me out of it Veeky Forums

>financing
>$4,200
bruh seriously
just save up and pay cash, do you really need dat FI so badly that you're willing to pay interest for it?

PayPal bill me later, no interest

Man that's some dumb shit

Why not just get a supercharged v8 ;^)

>PayPal bill me later, no interest
As long as you pay on time, you miss that first payment you'll pay a super high interest rate back interest.

You're better off to just wait until you have the money and then do it then.

How do they repossess a supercharger?

>purchasing something you can't afford

Nice

I'm interested in knowing this

That's a lot of money to only make about 400whp

They don't. Paypal credit doesn't usually report to credit bureaus, but I'm sure if you don't pay your bill it'll show up. It's probably something like 27.99% interest after 6 or 12 months at 0% interest.

Why do superchargers cost so much? It's just a piece of CNC'd aluminium. Any /diy/ neckbeard could make this.

So make one.

I want to but I dunno if there is legislation preventing any cowboy from selling home made superchargers

Intellectual property. If it was possible, it would've already been done.

I really hope this is bait.

>28% interest

I don't need an LPG thread to tell me why that's fucked up.

God damn.

Just looked it up, it's 19.99% after 6 months with 0%. Not sure why anyone would want this since there are zero perks after the intro period. I guess it's better than a title pawn where they'd actually repo your car, procharger and all.

I recommend not doing this. I have an 06 but I wouldn't supercharge it since it's my daily. These 3v motors are only good for about 450 rwhp before connecting rods start breaking. So you finance 4200 now and if you get a shit tune you might be financing more for a new engine or a forged rebuild. Also if it's a tr3650 you're pushing the limit of it too and you'll need a stronger clutch. If you're running anything higher than 3.73 differential gears then you'll have to bump it back down or 1st and 2nd gear will be pretty much useless. With 4200 dollars you can make about 400 rwhp n/a with the right setup. And it will be more reliable.

>impeller
>helical gears
>ball bearings
I could make a knock-off no problem. it won't be as good but it will still werk. the hardest part would be the casing because that would need to be an accurate casting. The rest is just CAD and CNC

turbo my African American friend

>it's 19.99% after 6 months with 0%.
How big of a moron does someone have to be to actually agree to that?

>talk me out of it

You're about to finance $4,200 for a procharger kit for a 2007 Mustang GT

worth almost as much as the car innit?

Thats barely near 4k.
Machined stuff is super cheap.

They don't.
They garnish your wages and 86 your credit

About half.

I paypal credit parts from time to time, then pay them off in 2 months. It's a good way to spread the cost out over a few months.

What's the advantage of that? Why not just save up for a couple of months and then buy the parts with money you have?

>financing upgrades

If you can't afford to do it, don't borrow money to do it.

I don't need to save up, I have the money, it's merely to spread the cost out and deaden the blow of spending it.

Why would it matter to "deaden the blow" - you already spent the money when you purchased the product. Delaying the payment didn't change "the blow"

so are you going to finance the motor when it blows up?

You're being intentionally dense

I'm actually not even trolling, I'm legit curious.

Once you click the button and pay for the product, the money is gone wether you use bill me later or not. I mean, sure it is still in your bank account with bill me later, but you can't use it for anything else - you need to pay for your shit or it will cost even more. So why not just straight up pay for it if you have the money?

>financing
>4.2k
>07 Mustang GT
m8

OP: If you're planning on paying off before the 0% period expires, good for you. But, since you're asking if it's a good idea in the first place, chances are that you can't. In that case, you're a fucking moron who has shit money management skills and is probably a Sanders supporter

Everybody go home, /pol/ got triggered

It's a KIT theres a lot more then just the super charger

>If you're planning on paying off before the 0% period expires, good for you.
But if he has the money, when not just pay it off now?

Use other people's money while your own sits in a savings account collecting interest

Shew, it just is not that simple guys.

I have a twin screw, and there's literally two shops in the country that can even REBUILD them. PSE's shop, and the OEM themselves.

But hey, if you can design one, go for it.

Realistically, a turbo would be a good compromise for ya. Centri's make great PEAK numbers, but often have trap speeds of a supercharger or turbo with way less whp.

If you're trying to stay on stock motor, a low boost twin screw would work well, just buy it used and freshly rebuilt (KB or whipple).

But at the same boost and limit of pump gas, the turbo will make more power with less strain, and it'll be very flat torque and flatter HP than a belt driven FI, i.e. procharger or twinscrew. There also wouldn't be much lag with a smaller turbo, which is all you need on stock compression and bottom end.

Also, be ready to pay a hell of a lot more than the price of FI itself. If ya have to finance, you may get fucked. Labor and tune, plus a possible blown motor and rebuild? That could be another 10 grand. Then you'd have to sell it and be broke, with no car.

Shew, just do cams and exhaust, save up for a moderate nitrous shot.

If you haven't done anything with the exhaust yet, do that first, don't be like thatdudeinblue, complaining about how he had to replace his exhaust after putting on the kit for his stang, cuz it was making his car run like shit.

What does a savings account even pay? My money earns bullshit in the bank, doesn't even match inflation.

Yea because you get a great rate of interest at the moment.

Why would you need to finance such a small amount of money?

If you can't afford that, financing is a fucking stupid idea.

It's about leaving accessible funds in the account for emergencies.

>It's about leaving accessible funds in the account for emergencies.
If you are that broke that you can't spend money on parts and still have emergency money left in your bank account you shouldn't be buying that shit.

Lets say you have an emergency, and now can't pay the Bill Me Later when the interest starts 6 months later - now you are going to pay back interest for 6 months PLUS have that 19% of whatever continue ticking.

Non-Berniefag logic is to is keep your emergency money, wait for the period of time it takes to save up for the parts, and buy them then.

>spending ridiculous amounts of money on a old and ugly car

OP don't be a retard. Save up and get yourself. A new car and work on that.

Why the hell spend, nevermind lend, money on boosting a 3 valve Mustang? Also, why spend money on the worst kind of boosting?

I'd save some money for a newer 5.0 4 valve GT, or maybe look at getting an older Terminator. This sounds like a really bad financial decision.

Compressor housings are cast, not milled you doofus.

There isn't any. Just consumers that'll sue you because you have a product without QC that will inevitably fail.

Any trademark on specific supercharger design has long expired.

>financing aftermarket parts

It's like you want to stay poor forever

>I have a twin screw, and there's literally two shops in the country that can even REBUILD them
Funny how Top Fuel crews can rebuild 14-71 Roots blowers all by themselves. I guess twinscrews are wizardry.

kek, unless you have absolutely stellar credit paypal credit isnt going to finance a $4200 purchase right off the bat.

Theyll do like $1500-$3000 for new customers to bill me later. Then more later as they trust you.

Because you're going to run out ways to ignore you're a giant buttfaggot before you run out of money

>Financing car mods

Ha ha holy shit oh wow

i'm a bit amazed people are this stupid

Spend it on an old panel van, hire a local artist to go crazy on it, line the interior with shag carpet, throw in a TV, some bean bag chairs, and a bong holder.

hahaha great post :DDD

Why not finance some hookers instead

too much social anxiety tbch

>too anxious to fuck

>better finance tunershit for my piece of shit mustang

i'm not op, i'm just too anxious to fuck. still not dumb enough to finance tunershit for a cuckstang.

Save the actual money required for it. If you still actually want by then you can buy it or you can buy something actual useful like a miata or something

OP is a faggot so a miata would be a very good fit for him.

Think about it, goddammit.

I'm being fucking jewish, it hurts me to spend money even though I have money to spend, so I break the purchase up into smaller chunks and soften the blow.

^Not me

So if he's a responsible person, he'll be fine. You're so autistic

Because unforseen expenses are not a thing...

Multiply your estimated payment by the number of months of the loan. Then compare to the base price of the sc.

>Financing 4 grand

Mustang GT is a V8

>Non-Berniefag
>>>/pol is that way my man. Keep your shit /pol/itical opinions out of /o

Onto the topic, OP you would better off in the long run with a nitrous shot or spending 2grand on your stockgt. I'm assuming stock cause u didn't say otherwise

That engine wont last long running that stressed

>Basementdweller pretending to have money to act big on Veeky Forums

Op a 3 valve with a centifugal supercharger is good for 400 to 450 hp. If you got a 5 speed which you better hope you do you'll need a clutch.
You will also need to think of other wear items. U joints your pressure plate, things of that nature. If you have a autotragic you'll more than likely need to send that out to be built to handle the extra power.

And that's not even thinking about if your 3 valve has over 100k on it.
> tldr buy a coyote 5.0 or a terminator before boosting a 3 valve

>supercharger

top kek