/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk, Forced Memes and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /fm/, /gwt/)

Happy Moments Edition.

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/
>Experimental first-person perspective mod for TW3
www.skacik.pl/test.zip

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Gwent Standalone cards
imgur.com/a/nJ3Df
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread :

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aHP5urdhYtQ
forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/111651-GOTY-edition-questions
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1814/?
youtube.com/watch?v=W2QX6Lm4iXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

:3

there are so many typos in the books god its annoying

You're not reading the fan translations, are you?

huh? im reading the actual book that was published by Little, Brown & Company

Oh, then they have no excuse.

I've heard that the newest official translation is garbage, with constant typos like Ayallac'h and alternating between Dijkstra and Dykstra, shit like that. Hell, the book's title is incorrectly translated as "The Tower of Swallows" yet in the book it's apparently properly translated as the tower of the swallow.

The publisher probably treats it as a video game tie in series and thus the quality control suffers as it usually does with crappy video game books.

it is spelt correctly then 2 rows later its wrong again

iono mang its just shit

well i guess i still get to read them so its okay i just kinda regret buying this edition and not the other one, maybe that was is better

Ok based on book Geralt, should I ask for coin for saving the guy at the start from the Griffon? Doing a run where I put Ciri on the throne and contemplating Radovid win the war as my 2 previous games I had ciri be a witcher and nilfgaard win but restore temeria.

>based on book Geralt
>Empress Ciri
u wot

but yeah Geralt undercharges habitually but that's not the same as no charge. Take the money.

Yeah I know Ciri taking the throne is un book ish but I already did a book lore run with her being a witcher and romancing Yen.Poblem is, I never know how he would act in situations like the Griffon part and always take money, stay neutral in certain parts etc etc. Sen help.

You!

Yes, you.

You're waifu is shit. She's poorly written, pandering garbage. I don't care who she is. She's shit. S. H. I. T. Shit. What's that? She's a critically acclaimed well written/acted/whatever character? Well, guess what. She's still shit. Because that character dies the second she enters your jizz-encrusted sock of a brain. Everything that made her interesting to a normal person is cast out, replaced with a shallow masturbatory parody.

Your.

Waifu.

A.

SHIT.

I was just avin' a giggle u awright m8?

Book Geralt is poor as fuck so he usually wants to get paid. In the games it's easy to get rich so you're free to be more generous with the contracts and all but ultimately it's up to what you prefer.

At least according to Yennefer he's poor as fuck because he's shit at negotiating and undercharges, so it's open to interpretation.

>"The La Valettes have never made and will never make a pact with Nilfgaard."
What happened?

>What happened?
Pragmatism

>>"The La Valettes have never made and will never make a pact with Nilfgaard."
>What happened?
Aryan died and/or Radovid alienated them

If he really needed the money, he would take it, but if he didn't need the money he would use that opportunity to be a moralfag and just refuse the money.

But I don't know, he was really pissed and so close to Yennefer all that time, he may have just refused all together.

Just be more neutral than usual, but if a severe crime is going to be made (like the children of the orphanage in the swamp are possibly threatened), he would act.

Antone notice that at the start when visiting white orchard you see O'dimm talking to a peasant? Wonder about what.

Rad the mad happened.

>Antone notice that at the start when visiting white orchard you see O'dimm talking to a peasant?
No. Tell me more

Morvran used his dic— I mean, diplomacy skills, to secure their support.

I know he is there at the start but when the man tells the barkeep to remove the lilies and the 2 witchers walk in you see O'dimm already conversing with a peasant.

Sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and get on your knees.

:3

Just makes me think who else he is fucking while dealing witht he Olgierd situation.

And he seems to be really listening to Geralt's conversations, was way too creepy replaying the game after knowing what Gaunter really is.

Time is meaningless to him so it's impossible to measure ;_;

>his creepy obsession with Geralt's motives for finding Yennefer
>the relish in his voice when he says "The Butcher of Blaviken"

he's cookin something up

youtube.com/watch?v=aHP5urdhYtQ

Goddamn Georgians.

damn that guy is still giving me the chills

If I had Gaunter's theme music I'd whistle it all the time too. My theme music is shit.

>People actually believe CDPR are going to make an Enhanced Edition for Witcher 3

forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/111651-GOTY-edition-questions

Hahahaha

I want to believe

Enhanced Edition, you say?

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1814/?
Thanks a lot, GOD.

Is the mod any good?

>Is the mod any good?
'Good'? Of course it's good! Who do you take me for?

Wait, going to call a team of lawyers first, whatchu think we are, devil boy?

>thinking you can out-lawyer up Gaunter
Olgierd tried that and look where it got him

For Open Sesame I went to Casimir, told him I didn't want him after talking him down from the roof, then he blew himself up.

So I took Quinto and during the vault scene I sided with Ewald, killed Horst, killed Quinto, then decided to kill Ewald too because I wanted the documents and he was trash just like his brother.

So basically everyone's fucking dead.

Is that the bad outcome?

If I had taken Casimir, I would have had to kill a lot of guards, but then siding with Ewald he would have survived, and I could have then killed Ewald without killing Casimir right?

What about siding with Horst, killing Ewald, then killing Horst? Would Quinto have died?

I feel like I shouldn't have dispensed with two interesting NPCs but at the same time I doubt they contain any further value or even show up anywhere in the world right?

They're Season of Storms references so they never show up again, no.

Then I guess they can all stay dead.

He was such an idiot though, "I want to live like there is no tomorrow" = heart of stone, "I want to be immortal me and my wife" but he did not exactly specify how, and his money going back to him wish was standard.

Seriously, he was a moron, no wonder Gaunter hand-picks his victims.

>He was such an idiot though, "I want to live like there is no tomorrow" = heart of stone, "I want to be immortal me and my wife" but he did not exactly specify how,
That was before he got the game. He lawyered up for the last three, which is where Geralt comes in.

They will and it will add even more Triss among other things.

It better be free of charge for people who own it + expansions on GOG.

Fuck Triss tho.

this tbqh

It will be, I don't doubt it.

>Fuck Triss
My Geralt certainly will.

It will be free for those who bought the main game and expansions, but I doubt it will really bring any new content, sadly.

I wonder how they want to "enhance" the game beyond what was already done in the patches.

If you compare the game today with what was launched it's almost night and day, just so many more options to controls, HUD and gameplay.

>I wonder how they want to "enhance" the game beyond what was already done in the patches.
bugfixing and further optimization

Sure I guess. And bundle the expansions into one game install with DLC and shit.

I want this. Not for Triss, but just to see everyone lose their shit again.

pottery

While we're on the topic, I'm about to complete HoS and will then start Blood and Wine.

What to expect from B&W? I don't mean story wise, just content/variety/length.

Is it as good as I am hoping?

I really like about HoS that it takes a complete step away from the White Frost plot line, and I was hoping that B&W will do that even more extremely and just be a really nice fresh setting.

I am only interested in the story additions, but those are the ones least likely to get. I don't really care about another inventory overhaul or other gameplay changes.

They are bringing back the voice actors for Gwent anyway, it would be nice to throw us a bone and do a proper EE.

It will do that as it is set three years after the main story, just don't expect the story to be as good as HoS.

>They are bringing back the voice actors for Gwent

The what now?

I can tolerate more laughably bad Triss stuff if the rest of the added content was good. hell, it adds spice. Not like I'll ever see it outside this thread anyway.

B&W on the whole is signiicantly longer than HoS but the main quest is actually shorter, oddly enough. The whole thing is much more light hearted and it's mostly one off sidequests with various gimmicks.

>Is it as good as I am hoping?
No idea.

>and I was hoping that B&W will do that even more extremely and just be a really nice fresh setting.
Well it is totally different.

Honestly I would love to see the Lodge subplot expanded and Triss having some role there. I don't really need more romance scenes, we already have some great ones, especially since the waifu patch.

Like how hard can that be? If they already have newbies in the Krakow team and they already have some seniors from the Warsaw team in Krakow, just let them enhance their skills after making Blood and Wine by remaking some quests and cut content, how hard is it to convince the fucking management at CDPR?

>It will do that as it is set three years after the main story, just don't expect the story to be as good as HoS.

But I don't need to have completed the main story right? I explicitly started playing from a near-endgame save but not actual endgame, because I didn't want to be over leveled. I'm just before Through Space and Time now.

>It will do that as it is set three years after the main story,
That's so weird and awkward btw.

>Geralt is settled down innawoods/Kovir/kill
>Three years later leaves for Toussaint without telling anybody so we can do totally different stuff

Why even give it a date? Just say "this is an isolated story with fuck all to do with everything else". HoS did.

Gwent will have fully voiced 10 hour+ campaigns for each faction, choices and consequences as well, and the cards you have are contextualized to be your "army" or "party" instead.

Gwent Standalone, the beta starts in September and the game will eventually have several 10 hour campaigns which will be fully voiced.

>we already have some great ones, especially since the waifu patch.
coprophiliacs pls go

Lots of quest scripting and shit. it's not just recording new lines of dialogue if you want anything satisfying. I'd love a proper EE but it's just not gonna happen. Especially for free. CDPR don't do that no mo

B&W assumes you've cmpleted the main story even if you haven't.

Campaigns as in Witcher 3 gameplay, or just Gwent games?

>Gwent will have fully voiced 10 hour+ campaigns for each faction, choices and consequences as well, and the cards you have are contextualized to be your "army" or "party" instead.
predicting this will actually suck and you have to give me ten dollars if I'm right

Gwent games. All conflicts between Vergen/Mad Rad/Nilfgaard/the Aen Elle are solved via a children's card game.

>gwent
>children's card game
delet

Yeah, it is unlocked after you save Dandelion, but it will always act like you finished the main game anyway, which is a shame because HoS had dialogue changes and a secret ending if you do it before KM.

>That's so weird and awkward btw.

I get it, but they wanted to make an expansion that is a closure and retirement party for Geralt, I would personally have went for the separate story to avoid as many goddamn fanservice bullshit as possible, but whatever fanservice was there was done in an exquisite manner, so I am not that mad.

>coprophiliacs pls go
No, I think I'll stay and continue loving Triss.

Gwent games, but it will supposedly have some other gameplay features, it's still early, but it won't have TW3 like quests and gameplay for sure.

>Gwent games. All conflicts between Vergen/Mad Rad/Nilfgaard/the Aen Elle are solved via a children's card game.

did you just use a decoy on my mysterious elf

There will be storyboards set in the style of the Witcher 3 flashbacks, with a narrator and the original voice actor reprising their roles, there will be a world map for each campaign, so you can go different paths, hopefully it will be good, but even if they made a very awesome Wild Hunt campaign for example, it will never be the same as having a better last act for Witcher 3 with them being fleshed out in that game instead.

>which is a shame because HoS had dialogue changes and a secret ending if you do it before KM.

Before Kaer Morhen?

This would be the widow right? That's way way early though. I did it before completing the main story and Reason of State because I heard that would impact it too.

>but whatever fanservice was there was done in an exquisite manner,
Felt pretty forced and awkward to me. I don't get everyone drooling over Regis. But to each their own I guess.

>retirement party
>closure
No closure unless they fix the main game's endings tbqh

I'm doing it pre-return to Kaer Morhen and it owns. That Olgierd fight is epic when Olgierd is a red skull.

>LET THE MUSIC PLAY ON

No no, merely Geralt would be able to ask one other thing to Gaunter if he sides with him, how to find Ciri.

And yeah, the countess mignole and a conversation with Vesemir about her.

Honestly, I think Gwent will flop. I wish CDPR well, but I doubt it will really take off. I'll still give single player content a chance though.

>>LET THE MUSIC PLAY ON
Justly said

youtube.com/watch?v=W2QX6Lm4iXE

>Vesemir had a long time affair with a noble lady with Yen's VA
pottery?

I don't disagree at all, why they went for expansions when their main game needed fixing is beyond me.

To me Gwent is very fun as part of Witcher 3 because it serves as much needed downtime (you can't even stay overnight in a tavern or sit down for a fucking drink).

But a whole game about it will make me sick of it after an hour for sure.

I'll give the single player content a chance but only if it's no P2W always online bullshit.

>Vesemir's voice actor voiced Eredin in the first Witcher

pottery?

>>Vesemir's voice actor voiced Eredin in the first Witcher

VESEMIR CONFIRMED FOR TRUE KING OF THE WILD HUNT

KAER MORHEN WAS AN INSIDE JOB

I don't know, I will mainly play it for the campaigns, but if it gets reworked and balanced for multiplayer we may actually have a really damn good card game at our hands here.

Yeah, I think CDPR overrated the love people feel for Gwent, it's a great little mini game, but I just don't see it being strong enough to stand on its own.

CDPR has never been good at balance so I don't trust this to happen at all.

No, it was I, LAMBERT!

I AM THE WILD HUNT!

I honestly don't care about online one bit, not my thing, won't even play it.

Me too, the campaigns are what really interest me. Maybe it will work out, I'm not that into card games anyway so I could be wrong.

I'd actually rather they expand the adventure game and make it deeper than play Gwent tbqh

>I honestly don't care about online one bit, not my thing, won't even play it.
That's why I put that disclaimer. if online is mandatory on some level I'm not bothering

>Remember Blaviken, Geralt? Remember when you were forced to kill someone you felt sympathy for rather than let a greater evil transpire?
>It was me, Geralt, I was that princess!