Sup Veeky Forums I've got an 07 focus hatchback right now and I'm thinking of upgrading to a 16 focus st...

Sup Veeky Forums I've got an 07 focus hatchback right now and I'm thinking of upgrading to a 16 focus st. Is it worth the jump?

nigga how we supposed to know your financial situation tf

I'm not asking about price, I'm just wondering if it's a good car

smdh truuuuuuuuu lmafo

It's really popular

No. It's wrong wheel drive. You could get a used Mustang gt for the same money.

>Is it worth the jump?
absolutely. it's like double the torque of what you're driving now

>used
Why does Veeky Forums always think this is the equivalent to EVERYTHING?
>"I'd like to buy van".
>"Wat niiga, you could buy a used XXXX".
>"But I need a van"
>"No you don't nigga, you need something you don't need wrose"

If you can afford it sure?
If you can't then no?

Because Veeky Forums is a board made up mostly of later teenagers who cant afford new cars so they need to recommend everyone buy used shitboxes to make themselves feel better about the hand me down Camry they drive and pretend is a good platform for anything other than getting groceries.

Yeah man FWD sucks haaha right?

If you said you needed a van I wouldn't suggest something unrealistic. An St and Mustang are both sports cars. It's fair to suggest one over the other.

Mazdaspeed 3 is better. But yes, ST > whatever you have now.

Some of us know what we are talking about.
OP, the ST will be more problematic. More HP = more things that will fail or require more maintenance. If you're OK with this then go for it.
And this is coming from someone who hates fords.

>brand new
>Mazda S3

There's no new mazdaspeed out unfortunately.
OP, if you want a hot hatch your best options are:
Golf GTI (but only if you're leasing, it's not very reliable)
Fiesta ST (decent reliability, and a better car than the Focus ST)
2.5L Mazda3 (not as fast as the other two, but extremely reliable and great gas mileage)

How is the fiesta st better?

I shouldn't say that it's objectively better. But it's cheaper, has less of a torquesteer problem, and is generally considered more fun to drive. The Focus is a little faster in a straight line though. desu neither one is really any better than the other, just go to a dealer and test drive them both

Not when he's moving from a hatchback to possibly another hatchback. Maybe, I don't know, he wants a hatchback?

hatches are ugly tho

hatchbacks are my lifeblood and I loved my 90 civic hatch I had at one point and I've loved this 07 focus. fuck vans

have you considered focus RS

2expensive

I love mine, it's a great car, but I don't know how to tell you if it's actually "worth" it.

Read OPs initial post and lmk when you find where it says it has to be brand new.

Definitely an improvement for sure. To stick with hatchbacks I'd try the Mk V GTI, WRX hatch, MS3, or the Focus and Fiesta ST siblings.

I would recommend looking for used. Beware Ford does want high 20's bare minimum for a new Focus ST and the options package can bump it to thirty MSRP, never got far enough with buying one to talk price with a dealer.

WRX is nice but dealers here want high twenties for a used one, GTI's are more mature so to speak but a bit tame by comparison, MS3's are probably closest to the Focus ST but personally I think the Ford is better looking.

Best bet try driving them all if possible, drive your 07' again and decide which is worth the money to trade up.

it's good, but I think you're better off buying slightly used unless you want a really specific color + accessory package

I sometimes think I should have gone for the fiesta ST. my only complaint about it was the cloth seats are lacking, but recaros on the fist are harder to find.

my friend (black one) just traded his for a WRX.

Looks like shit but it's a significant improvement in performance.

Ford "quality". The reviewers seem to like it enough, though.

If you want new the Focus ST will be the better deal.

I was between a mk7 GTI and Focus ST, went with the GTI because it's just....better at everything than the ST.

Super comfortable, like it shocked me on the first few long highway trips and fun as hell when you want.

ST is more torque shove-y and just feels crazier when you drive fast.

Plus the used market is full of GTI's. I got mine with leather seats, awesome sound system and sunroof for 21k with 8500 miles

drive a FiST
you might like it more, either way both bretty gud car

>I sometimes think I should have gone for the fiesta ST.
Why?

I'm looking at both and I'm concerned the FiST might be too small.

Currently in a Civic coupe.

The Fiesta is really great, has good usable space, and is much more accessible than a coupe. It feels spacious in the front seats for such a small car, the Focus feels more cramped.

I think there's a total interior difference of 4 square feet in the cabin, most of it in the rear seat and trunk for the Focus.

The Fiesta also weighs under 2700lbs with a half tank of gas in it which is nice.

fiesta was lighter, had better turning, more go kart feel. the interior space really doesn't feel that much different. I got my focus used, but the fiesta was new at the dealer. I hardly ever use the rear other than for transporting things when the hatch is full. Also I get about 20-25 mpg on my usual commutes, but fist owners are getting 30 even going hard

there were some negatives to the fiesta like the stock seats are mediocre, the ride is significantly stiffer, interior is a step down from focus (still both kinda eh)

If you're looking for a fast car op and you don't live in the snow belt. Get a 5.0, it can handle being beat on. Focus st's tend to break if you push them to hard or modify them.
5.0s can handle more abuse and are actually a good dd if you don't deal with snow

>Focus st's tend to break if you push them to hard

Main knock against the Fiesta vs. the Focus is lack of an independent rear suspension.

No sub available in a FiST.

From what I hear, it's almost impossible to add one.

A 5.0? Like a mustang? Not really into big cars. I like hatches and trucks. Thanks for the suggestion though. Though the fox body is cool as hell

Yep, we got that good ol torsion beam. It's still very fun, and if you put some 16" wheels on it the ride quality is improved immensely.

Drive both before choosing, they are different but both have their advantages.