/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Remove Vermin Edition

The Night, and the Dream, were long >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/o8RYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here you go lad. Yamahamura's hat with Yharman Garb, Hunter legs and Maria gloves

That's not half bad actually

Not really sold on the hat, but I'll probably find something to replace it. Cheers!

Yeah, it looked better than I was expecting it would but fair enough

Especially because Yamamura's hat reminds me of a Fedora and the Yharnam Hunter Garb is pretty so-so on this character

Maria's Hat works well with the Yahrnam Hunter Garb.

I've started using Zenyatta's right click more and I'm addicted to it now

>charge as I'm coming around a corner into a known hot zone

>charge when I know someone's coming in for a flank

>don't use it in the middle of a firefight like a retard

>land all shots and add efficiency to my dps

No better feeling

Tell me more user

Wrong thread faglord

Hi, welcome to /bbg/, or as we like to call it, the Bourne General. Hope you enjoy your stay.

I don't know the first thing about Overwatch but the blue chick's kind of cute

>tfw I stopped playing overmeme for bloodborne because I was starting to get cancer

It's coming back for me

>tfw a random Overwatch post killed bbg

Why is this guy's dialogue so top-tier? Actually, I'd say most of the game's dialogue is top-tier, along with voice acting, better than in any other Souls game, but Micolash kinda stands out somehow

Because there had been little to no mention of Kos anywhere beforehand in the game and everyone thought he was some autistic fuck who took bird cages too seriously until they realised he actually made sense, but yeah his voice acting was top tier.

does anyone want to help me with hemwick charnel lane?

Sure. Give a pass and I'll be right there

thanks m80, pw is bbg ill be at the bonfire got all shortcuts unlocked

i'll join as well

thanks for the help anons!

No worries

Anyone up for bloodletting beast at lower pthumeru ? Pw: bbg

Ill help you out, give me a sec

i'll join as well

Sorry for the wait, I was pissing, and sorry for dying. Reringing

You wanna try that again I guess?

Thank you guys, that was quick

Np, the hitboxes are fuckin off on that guy both ways.

You guys still on BLB?

Because I'm up to that asshole as well. I'm willing to help if you want, or be helped.

Ill help you if you set up a pass

bbg

Ringing now

Fuckin rekt by that Double Visceral kek.

Thanks for the help.

Shame my BMA'd cannon fucking missed. If that had hit him in the head he would have died a lot quicker.

Np, good luck on the next dungeon. I only had a quick look today but that seems fairly difficult with the HP drop.

First time playing. Anything I should know? I have the dlc. Fun build suggestions are also nice.

Well, I'm sure this won't be overpowered as fuck on my character who hasn't even killed Amelia yet. Shame it wasn't blunt, I'm using the Kirkhammer.

I figure this question gets asked a bunch but any advice for the early stages of an arcane build?

I know what to do once I start finding tools and fire gems and shit, but I mean before that stage in the nearly half of the freaking game it takes to get to that point. I think I heard someone say hunter torch can help ease the pain a little bit but are there any other recommendations to go with it?

Just finished my first playthrough. I went with the Saw Cleaver/BB and a skillbuild. I think strength and skill both have their advantages and disadvantages (especially in boss fights) but you'll figure out a way to work around the disadvantages.

Where did you get that gem before Amelia? I'm going to guess Lower Pthumeru

Use Saw Spear/Hunter's Torch/Flamesprayer to get through Central/Old Yharnam. The arc levels will mean that your hunter's torch will do decent damage. Do that until you beat the first Pthumeru Chalice and get a fire gem or two for the Saw Spear.

Yeah, the fatty guarding the layer 2 lever drops cursed gems, for some unfathomable reason. I got a 19% Phys the next time I killed him.

Arcane 101, my friend
imgur.com/a/o8RYU

I've been following the guide step by step and it works very well, currently farming FRX Isz and starting defiled

That's a bit odd since Lower Pthu is still a mile off FRC's. Still, that 19% gem is Mensis tier, which will make life a lot easier in the main game.

Well out of the weapons I think look fun. The wheel, parasite, pizza cutter, and moonlight. Unfortunately I know 3 of those are dlc weapons. But maybe a strength arcane hybrid? Any tips for that/recommended stat spreads/early weapons to use?

Cane/saw spear for the beginning then go for the wheel. After that you can go HMS

I'd say go for Kirk as soon as it's available from the merchant (i don't recall what actually Triggers the stock).

It's the Sword Hunter Badge from Cleric Beast.

Killing the Cleric Beast gives the Sword hunter badge,.

You know I only just now realized the cleric beast is completely optional...huh...

Oh another question. Does not having psplus lock me out of any content? I know there's some sort of randomly generated dungeons people can share? I don't think I'll really co op or pvp at all my first play through.

You can't download Chalice Dungeon glyphs if you don't have psplus, so in the future getting good gems/equipment from dungeons will be harder, but for the first playthrough it's meaningless.

So on the Souls series scale of sliding armor uselessness where does bloodborne fall?

Is there actually any kind of noticeable effect between armors or is it pure fashion? Is it like DS3 where the armor isn't really different but what's important is that you're wearing ANY armor at all?

Not really, you won't see messages, you obviously won't be able to invade/get invaded, and you won't be able to play other players' chalice dungeons, but other than that, there's nothing in terms of single-player that's different.

It barely matters for defense at all. Each 10 points of defense listed on the armour is equal to 1% of actual damage mitigation. So choosing between 80 and 110 isn't exactly a big deal. Go full on Fashionborne.

Exceptions are bosses that do a lot of a single element, it's worth stacking Bolt Resist for Paarl for instance. But the main reason to swap armours other than fashion is Poison and Frenzy resist: in certain parts of the game you will want as much of that as you can.

Brave hunter. Although I must say I think the only bosses I cracked my head upon the first playthrough all have an NPC summon (Gascoigne, Vicar and Ebrietas).

could someone help me at the watchdog of the old lords please?

It's important to the extend that not wearing armor/wearing shit armor like Doll's or Foreigner's will make you noticeably weaker, but other than that, most sets are about the same in terms of stats, which is a good thing for those who like Fashion.

There are some sets like Henryk's that are useful against Paarl, but even then it's not a necessity but more a convenience..

I think Miyazaki's work will be studied as pioneering art in the next fifty or hundred years. I cannot think of many other writers who've managed to tell a story through such an open-ended genre of media. To nail the atmosphere of Lovecraft is a small thing, but to convey a whole universe in a story telling medium that has near no guidance by the artist (in the sense that, a book or film has a clear plot and pacing, with tightly scripted characters that cannot be undone by the audience placing a shotgun to their temple or just missing them entirely) and to manage a complete tone shift from Victorian to occult post-Rom, on top of placing entire areas a casual player could miss entirely (imagine a book with hidden chapters, at hundreds of dollars a page) AND interweaving all the levels and themes into a single, seamless and interlocking chamber of pathways and scenery which drip story at every crevice - is a serious fucking achievement. Attempts at an ENDLESS endgame were flawed, but admirable too.

Really, I don't understand why shit like Gone Home gets credit when games like BB or SoC use the interactivity of vidya to such better heights. I suppose it's a serious lack of intelligence on the part of "reviewers". Vidya needs a real intelligentsia if games like these (which still have a long way to go) are ever going to be the norm. Miyazaki gives me hope, however, and I think the growing seriousness of nerd culture (look at the rise of gritty capeshit) could fuel that. srs, if Del Torro nailed his shitty evangelion movie, or GiS gets a proper adaptation, I think the anime industry would explode

Anyway, yeah, I loved the VA's in this game.

Which one? Defiled or normal?

normal

Tbh then I think you should do it yourself. If you were stuck on the defiled watchdog I wouldn't blame you whichever level you are, but the normal one is literally r1 spam until he dies.

You can do it user.

alright user, ill try.
the problem is though that my fire saw spear +6 only does 40 dmg per hit

Take out the fire gems and put physical ones in. Sure, you're probably an arc build but the phys gems will take you a mile further

What's the password, I'll help you.

Early arc build vs Hotdog is a struggle.

What level are you? Maybe you just need to level up a bit. I went for chalices at level 60-70ish and I basically rekt the shit out of everything up towards the lower Pthumerian lab.

i got physical gems in my cane because i dont yet have the arc gems for it.
it does [spoiler41dmg[/spoiler]
pw is bbg
im lvl 40, just killed vicar amelia

>get summoned for chalice coop
>it's defiled amy again
>host summons Queen Killer

Ringing.

Put the phys gems in your saw spear. Yes, I know you probably have base str/skl but the phys gems will help, or you can let the summon make things easy.

I know this because I tried fighting Depth 1 Hotdog with a +10 fire spear with a mate. Downscaling meant I did a solid 20 dmg per swing so I pulled out a Tonitrus and melted it instead

Kek, they just want to stretch the fight because they enjoy it so much user.

i couldnt ring right outside the fog gate, im at the bonfire layer 3
>tonitrus
does it scale with arc aswell? if yes i might get that thing too

Hotdog user are you ringing?

Make sure you don't stand too close to the boss, the bell gets an X through it. Also make sure worldwide matchmaking and such.

I very much doubt that GitS adaptation would be any good

yea im ringing user, im at the bonfire, got the right settings aswell

It scales very well with arc when you use the bolt buff. You get a crazy stupid damaging kin bashing weapon on the trade off for a mediocre moveset and being made of plastic. Grabbing bolt radials from Hamlet improve its damage a good amount too.

Did you just die?

I saw a Saw Spear guy who was AFK get killed in a bloodstain.

probably, i just went to the toilet and my blood is gone.
anyway, somehow i cant go online anymore right now

I think somethings screwy at my end to, I'm not getting "Searchonh for Chime of Beckoning Bell with matching password" messages, even though bell is active.

From experience that usually means it's fucked, but quitting the game didn't fix it either. So I guess you'll have to kill Hotdog on your own.

Put your best physical gems in your Saw Spear and go for the legs, attack the head if you get a chance.

Looks fine

Anybody interested in running through Cursed Pthumeru? Layer 3 is fucking me up real bad.

It look nothing like a fedora

>tfw need to do defiled pthumeru at BL 40

I would help you user, but it's already fucking late where I am and I need to sleep. My animal spirit will watch over you

>tonitrus needs 12 stength

>low BL defiled dungeons

I'm so sorry user, thank you for the spirit animal guidance though.

Where is the lady that gives you mushroom powers i cant figure out which floor shes on

Welp my first death in BB. Dont really want any spoilers but am I supposed to upgrade my weapon or something before this boss. Ive found a bunch of blood shards. I was doing pretty shit damage.

She's on the first floor, directly to your right when you first enter the room. I think you have to find an elevator down to her to open her door as a shortcut though.

you don't need to

Anyone wanna help with living failures NG+?

Read the guide in the OP

incidentally this is the guide in the OP

>cane
You don't need to but with the Cane it will really help

>try hotdog boss solo
>attack his legs, he almost dies
>does his jump
>i instantly die

would someone like to help me on the hotdog?
i almost get him 2-3 hits away from death, but after the npc dies he just keeps jumping around and doesnt give me any time to attack

What is the best gem set-up for the chikage?
I have 2 27.2% physical radials and a 31.5% bloodtinge circular gem on my lost chikage, is there a better setup?

Yes. But not without the cost of your sanity.

Are these offshapes? what is the drop rate for those bad boys

I've always been reserved about the use of off-shapes on the chikage. If you don't kill someone with an unzip, your next attack is skill based, isn't it? With only BLT+, it'll do practically nothing, right?

Lets become game intelligencers.

Id hire you to write impressions.

Still need help? Defiled hotdog? Level?

Is anybody able to lend a hand with defiled amy?

Tried jump cheesing? I've always found it easier