/fog/ -- Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12430/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13605/?
youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for bittersweet Mariner kisses.

xth for is that really buff?
dude needs hugs

What bugs did you lads run across today?

Couldn't get back to first person view
Invisible barrier in the middle of Boston (could see some rubble on top of it)
Directly playing an interactive holotape bugged out and all I could see was the light of my Pip-Boy but I could still click invisible buttons on the screen
Salvaged assaultron head irradiates you when you throw grenades when it's equipped

>Can cure sick guy at Brook's shop with the mysterious serum
>Can't be used to heal Mariner

>buff unironically retweets normie-tier astrology shit

Show us your Vault Bars!

>can cure guy with severe radiation sickness with a serum that serves as a very powerful treatment for radiation sickness
>can't cure illness that was incurable *before* a nuclear war

What a surprise.

So Do settlers actually harvest the shit they grow or is it up to you to actually harvest that stuff?

If you assign them to food they will, it will stack up in the workbench until a certain point, after which they stop, but they still "produce" food for the purpose of keeping settlers happiness up.

A few bits of food will appear in the settlement workbench, but they don't harvest the stuff that's actually on the plants.

>want to start playing again
>probably best to wait until nuka world
>have nothing to do to kill time
fug

So what is everyone doing to kill time till they can enslave the commonwealth?

Yes. The harvestable stuff on the crops you plant and the crops they use are separate things.

just start your raider run vanilla if you dont want your saves breaking. stock up on tons of melee and raider gear to kit out your minions.

So is there a cap on how much you can store in the worshop? I mean I got something like 3000 concrete just from scrapping everything.

So does it actually place the food in the workshop like how water purifiers put excess water into the workshop?

Yes to both.

Am I correct in remembering that New Vegas showed companions on minimap but Fallout 4 removed it?

>Am I correct in remembering that New Vegas showed companions on minimap
I don't recall it doing that.

> but Fallout 4 removed it?
Vault-Tec DLC has a terminal you can use to track them.

Whats the limit?

Differences between Jet and V.A.T.S.:
1. VATS uses AP
2. Jet lets you move more
3. VATS lets you target precisely
What am I missing?

I can't remember. It is some formula with a base number and another number multiplied by how many settlers you have. Just plant 2 or 3 times the crops you need.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12430/?

"In the vanilla game:

>Crops stop producing food if total amount of food in the workbench (where food is any item with the ObjectTypeFood keyword, see image) exceeds 10 + settler count.
>Water pumps and purifiers stop producing surplus purified water if total amount of water (purified water, dirty water and the drugged water from HalluciGen) exceeds 5 + 0.25 * settler count, rounded down.
>Unassigned settlers, and settlers assigned to a scrapping station stop producing scrap if total scrap (defined as anything in a particular formlist, see image) exceeds 100 + 5 * settler count. Yes, that means even if you tear down half a dozen trees and leave the wood in a workbench, settlers will decide their work is done and never produce scrap again.
>Fertilizer production only works with the first 3 brahmin at a settlement, any more have no effect.
>Vendors only produce up to 50 caps per day in each settlement.

Annoyingly, this behavior is intentional.

This mod removes these limitations: water purifiers continue producing water even if you aren't around to babysit them, farmers continue to produce surplus food, and so forth."

>tfw no option to pet your dog after he finds something for you

Legendary modifactions don't want to apply on my custom modification. What do?

Jet lets you jump really far.

I cannot wait to try that bad boy out. great work, pipe-machine-gun-user. I love you.

NV added it in one of the later patches.

I can't wait till I have my own biker gang traveling up and down the subway tunnels.

that tractor robot was always the coolest shit

>>Fertilizer production only works with the first 3 brahmin at a settlement, any more have no effect.
Brahmin actually do something?
Neat.
What actually makes Brahmin show up at your place anyway?

I always feel like if this was in practical terms it would take longer to drink the nuka cola that it does to wait for your AP to regen.

Both are dogshit compared to Deadeye lego effect.

>literally free Jet to aim each shot

>tfw sniping Suiciders five steps away from me

Random chance with a radio beacon or using a brahamin cage.

AFAIK placing a brahmin feed tub guarantees one to spawn within a few days

Where do you guys get these awesome guns? Do you farm/grind legendaries? I never get anything but garbage lengedaries, though I don't farm them.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13605/?

Bethesda went out of their way for a Fallout Minecraft but forgot to remember about immersion.

> but forgot to remember about immersion.
Not him but

Ohh really? I find Fallout 4 far more immersive then 3 or NV

Going to make a big mod over the course of about 3-4 years. Pretty full to the brim with ideas but if anyone has any interesting character/quest ideas they don't mind me ripping off that would be pretty cool.

The way it's described leads me to believe it's something that has an impact on the game pretty early. It wouldn't make much sense to be helping the one of the other factions and suddenly decided to become a raider. That is why I think it's probably best to wait to start playing.

>I found it more immersive
What's you're point?

It's an improvement, sure. But it really doesn't feel like much of one in a lot of regards. Stuff like the dumb way settlement resource production really kills it, for example.

your*
Fixed

>Stuff like the dumb way settlement resource production really kills it, for example.
I would disagree, all of that stuff is clearly done for balancing reasons

Balance at the cost of immersion is never good design. Such an issue could easily be rectified by having the player build storage structures for scrap, or food preservation stations/canning racks for their food stocks. A hard limit such as what is implemented in the game simply isn't necessary.

So Sturges is assigned to a scavenger table, but he never actually works. Does he still make scrap for me?

Also the Unlimited Follower Framework doesn't actually work. I can only have dog and one other. Recruiting someone else sends my other human companion home. So it just gives me the dog and then one normal companion.
Any way to fix this, or any other mods that actually work?

As long as it says they're assigned, they do the stuff.

>So Sturges is assigned to a scavenger table, but he never actually works. Does he still make scrap for me?
Yes.
>Also the Unlimited Follower Framework doesn't actually work. I can only have dog and one other. Recruiting someone else sends my other human companion home. So it just gives me the dog and then one normal companion.
Dunno, bro. Picture related. I can have a gaggle of faggots following me commenting on how I should totally not pick up all this junk.

Actually, now that I think about it, that change would probably have had a huge effect on the pacing of the settlement system. Growth would be more of a natural progression.

Given it's their first attempt at it I think it turned out ok. We'll probably see and improved version in skyrim 2.

>gaggle of faggots following me commenting on how I should totally not pick up all this junk

Which is why Old Longfellow is the best follower. He appreciates looting no matter what it is.

>Such an issue could easily be rectified by having the player build storage structures for scrap, or food preservation stations/canning racks for their food stocks.
That would just make it more of a hassle as you would have to build ever more storage spaces the more settlements you linked.

You would eventually just have to convert a whole settlement into nothing but storage spaces once you connect them all due to the sheer amount of shit you would naturally build up.

No one would want that.

The hard cap makes sure it remains balanced, and that the player doesn't have to build more and more storage spaces for a settlement system that could easily reach 600+ NPCs across the 30+ or so settlements.

And given that 99% of the player base isn't even aware that the cap exists, they seemed to have done a good enough job of setting it to the point that no one notices.

Does anything else take up Dogmeat's face slot other than the dog helmets and the welding goggles?

Like can I give him sunglasses or a straw hat or something

Are the Abernathy's the only people outside of Diamond City who actually took an effort to build anything beyond a small plywood shack or just squat in pre-war ruins?

Abernathy is almost golden until you realize they have no water source

It's rectangular, its flat enough and its huge

They have those storage tanks on the side of their homestead.
I assume they just store rainwater.

It rains enough in the commonwealth for that to be a sustainable source of water for a small family.

Plus there are those powered water pumps that you don't need to sit in water for them to work.

>no water source
I'm 90% sure I remember seeing a water pump there. Plus they are next to a stream.

stream is out of the build area though

Well.

That's what buckets are for.

Bunker Hill

Robes of Atom's Devoted are actually fucking amazing. You literally are fully irradiated, immune to radiation and can be at full HP at the same time. With Crusader of Atom perk all your weapons deal double damage all the time. Atom's Judgement deals like 900 of just Radiation damage with one swing. Plus you can put Ballistic Weave into robes and wear any hat.

Now this is a build. For stealth character it would be pretty much insane, sneak crits on constant double damage.

K got my mods working and I play for a few hours. Then and now I got CTDs. Normal for a heavily modded fallout game? around 200 mods.

I LLLLLLLOOOVE my waifu!

That depends on what mods do. Mods that don't contain shitty amateur scripts usually don't cause issues.

i spend my time looking at the negative reviews on steam

they keep coming

Plasma cartrige conversion for the Pipe machine gun

>i spend my time memeing about circlejerking NMAutists attempting to review bomb F4 on steam

fixed

I love my vault.

>raven and buffquad shitposting
There goes the thread.

Is this a mod you're working on?

It dosn't happen in a specific way. Sometimes I just walking the wasteland - CTD. Reload - CTD. Doing shit for two hours - CTD for no reason. Not that I complain. In a session of like 5 hours I get maybe 5 CTDs so its not that bad after all. But would be nice to have no CTDs.

Yeah. I'm not sure either if I'd include it in my mod that I've already got and which is semi popular on nexus or release it separately.

Use the Kiloton Radium Rifle with Demolitions Expert, Nuclear Physicist and Rifleman. Become death itself.

they just posting screenshot how is that shitposting?

I actually found two of exploding radium rifles randomly. I don't really like handling of that gun though. It's good even without Demo expert.

Gonna have a laser version? Would be cool to have a laser that does a constant beam instead of laser bolts.

You should make a missile launcher version. Shoot micromissiles like a Sentrybot launcher.

i dont think so, in fact you should go look at the negative reviews yourself. you'll see it's many different kinds people negatively reviewing it.

this is bait

You mean kinda like Zarya from OW? Anyway, good ideas dude, will keep em in mind.

What are some /fog/ approved ENBs for Fallout 4?

What a humongous waifu! I'd like to squeeze her big muscles!

>08/08
>Still no trailer for Nuka World

What the fuck? Why has The Rebel been taken down? Fuck sake. Anywhere else I can download it??????

hiding every waifu post

If only a quick google search would lead you to what you desire.

>full review: "RPG?"
>full review: "My Parents Were Less Disapointed In Me, Then I Was In This Game" Acct Name: FeelsGoodMan
>full review: [link to NV steam page]

Well meme'd my friends! :^)

ok you are a very witty person

It will be delayed

Wait do weapons that have the explosive legendary effect benefit from demolition expert?

I got a fucking pipe pistol that does explosive damage and I'm one shoting groups of Raiders if they stand close enough to eachother.

>slowpoke.jpg

Yeah, Demo expert works on them. It's not crucial though. Personally I don't use exploding weapons as they seem like an exploit to me.

What's a good way to farm legendaries? I want to get a very specific set of weaponry and it will take forever if I don't farm.

You're better off just getting a mod that lets you build/swap legendaries if you're going to do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=f3jdbFOidds

The mod author is likely being a little bitch just like the rest of the cunts on the Nexus.

Honestly, I'd rather farm, because I need to purchase tons of shipments and therefore need bartering chips. However, I'd feel bad modding in caps or what have you. Just personal preference, I get a bit sad if I 'cheat' at all even if it's very minor, just a bit weird like that I guess

i like this version of the song

Play on very hard/survival and just roam around far harbor. Legendary enemies spawn frequently there even on normal.

Am i dreaming? Janitors started to do their job and cull the waifu faggotry?

I hope. This bot/faggot was extremely annoying.