What cars try to be more than they are, but really are just civics in disguise?

What cars try to be more than they are, but really are just civics in disguise?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/301957888175
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

CRX
Integra
TSX
CR-Z

Lets be real here. Its a RWD civic.

>implying civics aren't one of the best tuner cars ever

>no air filter
typical honda scum

>filtering jdm air

Lol fuckin dumbass right here.
I'll give you a hint.
>it's by the passenger side wheel well

oh my god you stupid nig nog, that is the worlds biggest meme oil catch can.

i hope you are just trolling me

Honda CRX

If anything it tried to be less than a civic. it came from gas crisis
literally just a kammeback geo metro

Dude that's not the intake. The intake is the cool side of the turbo located between the block and drivers side headlight.

People aren't actually this stupid, are they?

you said passenger wheel wheel senpai

he said airfilter..........

you replied there was an air filter......

still no air filter you mong.

you might hate O but do you also hate /reading/?

yep. FWD RWD
what difference does it really make lmao XD

Thats a breather filter buddy. I might hate Veeky Forums but even I know the difference. Your troll attempt; not even grammatically correct.

>he fell for the RWD meme

you need big oil catch cans on big boost big hp setups

wat?
i drive a del sol m8
don't troll me cunt

Every USDM S13 and S14

>he actually thinks the FRS is an upgrade from his FWD honda
I hope you are joking. There is truely no reason to not just suck the oil back in the intake and burn it. I honestly do not understand why people think they need to add oil catch cans. In principle it may make a bit of sense but I feel there is a reason no mfg ever has considered them worthwhile.

I hope you are joking

At high HP levels you want the cleanest air you can possibly get

> There is truely no reason to not just suck the oil back in the intake and burn it.
manufacturers use air oil separators though you tard.

Horsepower would be totally irrelevant tho. Speaking of clean air, maybe a filter would help out that honda, huh?
Who? I've never seen a single OEM use a separator/catch can on car PCV. And you know if it had a purpose they would just for maintenance shekels.

here's a couple reasons you dense cunt

>oil has low octane
>oil takes the place of fuel/air
>oil contaminates sensors
>oil leads to carbon build up on valves and runners

>I've never seen a single OEM use a separator/catch can on car PCV.
probably not on your bus

>corolla thread directly below this one

Heh.

The amount of oil blow by is trivial man.
>he has no citation
Yeah, how bout you use the 4g on your bus and find me something

>waah i'm to stupid to find it and you didn't spoonfeed me so it doesn't exist
i love you tards. i just googled and found hundreds but i'll just wait and see if you've got the double digit iq needed to do that simple task

>check local 2L N/A Race series
>integra type R banned for too good
>civic SIR banned for too good

1st: Peugeot 205 gti
2nd: Integra Si
3rd: Integra Si
4th: Mazda Lantis
5th Integra Si
6th: Integra Si
7th: Toyota Trueno (AE101)
8th: Integra Si
14th Mazda MX5

So why are these things hyped again? seriously when the highest placed one in a shitbox cup is outpaced by a long list of FWD cars.

stop looking at shitbox classes and it changes

There's actually quite a lot.
Hurts performance, makes things dirty, doesn't work at high rpm or during boost, messes with AFR and sensors.
For what? Emissions and no other purpose.

Better to just pull it from the exhaust if you have an open wastegate or headers.
And better to just have a atmo catch can if you have a full exhaust.

BOP politics in non-spec racing makes it kind of a pointless observation.
But, I agree that there's nothing special about a miata.

Name once car with a catch can OEM on the PCV system. No one is falling for your troll.
Everything you said is stupid. The amount of oil blow by is trivial. The whole point of the PCV is it is under vacuum. You don't normally want to just vent that to the atmosphere. How much fucking oil do you think is getting sucked through there it "doesn't work at high rpm or during boost" (factually wrong dipshit, it is connected pre-turbo to the intake), "messes with AFR" (lol, no there isn't that much oil), "and sensors" (if it was that much of an issue OEM cars would have it).

This is a solution looking for a problem that just isn't there.
>Better to just pull it from the exhaust if you have an open wastegate or headers.
You have no idea what you are talking about do you?

>ITT - people who got smoked by a basic shitbox in their heavy ass momstang

BOP? this is a factory spec series.

Rookie Sports Cars? nope, destroyed by kit cars.
Nippon Challenge? One MX5 entered, finished 7th of 11 competitors. LMAO dead series.

Unlimited 2Litre? none entered.

Drifting? i know of a single group 2 drift MX5 that never makes it out of its bracket.

>The amount of blow by is trivial
No it isn't. Have you ever opened a catch can?

OEM cars do have it. Can't name a specific one, but I assure you they have oil traps.

>You have no idea what you're talking about do you?
It's common practice for race cars and drag cars. Pic related and apology accepted.

was talking about rwd not the mx5. that's just a weak pos

Any FWD 2 door coupe

>Name once car with a catch can OEM on the PCV system. No one is falling for your troll.
>he is literally to stupid to google "oem air oil separator"

>The amount of oil blow by is trivial
>he is unaware cylinder bores deform enough at extreme pressures to pressurise the crankcase enough to blow sumps clean off

>OEM cars do have it. Can't name a specific one, but I assure you they have oil traps.
No, they don't. And if they do please, prove me wrong. I have never heard of an OEM car having one.
>Have you ever opened a catch can?
No because I've never fallen for the meme. Even on my turbo car the oil in the intake is minimal and literally does not matter.
>your pic
I need a better image, the idea of pumping dirty exhaust under pressure back into your oil system is asinine. I don't think you understand what you are looking at.
>apology accepted.
Show me a car with an OEM seperator and a full pic of what you claim and I will. Until then I assume you are an idiot. I'm honestly curious and you've been unable to provide any sauce.
>oem air oil separator
google literally shows results for meme catch cans and air compressor systems. step up fag and show me one OEM one
>he is unaware cylinder bores deform enough at extreme pressures to pressurise the crankcase enough to blow sumps clean off
what the fuck does this have to do with a catch can or not? like...seriously?

>>he is literally to stupid too google "oem air oil separator" without failing like the retarded mong he is
ebay.com/itm/301957888175

That just funnels the oil back into the intake. That is not a stock oil catch can. Do you understand what we are speaking of here?

A "separator with a reservoir." I know of no cars where an OEM system catches oil from the PCV system to be removed by the user. It is an aftermarket meme for a problem that doesn't exist. I am open to discussion but I think this issue is beyond your level of mechanical competence.

Do you not understand what a venturi does? Rapidly moving exhaust pulls air doesn't push it. How the fuck do you think exhaust scavenging works?

>he fell for the back pressure meme.

PCVs are check valves anyway. The physics behind the exhaust pulling it and the intake pulling it are exactly the same.

This is all everyone did until vacuum pumps were common.
But since you need low tension cut rings to make full use of vacuum, a lot of drag and turbo cars still pull vacuum from the exhaust. When pressure is too high the check valve stops and a pop off valve springs to compensate. Same effect as an intake PCV, but without the negatives of detonation, hp loss, and carbon.

you don't seem to have a single clue about what you are on about.
who told you what that civic has is a catch can?
or that oil seperators funnel oil into the intake?
or that catch cans can't be set up with a drain to the sump?

>Do you not understand what a venturi does? Rapidly moving exhaust pulls air doesn't push it
How the fuck am I supposed to know what nozzle is inside that intake? A simple tap would be under pressure. I don't have xray vision bud.
>How the fuck do you think exhaust scavenging works?
Probably the same way a hole in a cars exhaust is a whistle and not an intake?
>CVs are check valves anyway. The physics behind the exhaust pulling it and the intake pulling it are exactly the same.
okay so it siphons between pistons firing. who the fuck cares then, just dump it back in to the intake. I'm still not seeing an OEM system doing this, which is the whole point.
>This is all everyone did until vacuum pumps were common.
Lol, dieselfag pls
>a lot of drag and turbo cars still pull vacuum from the exhaust
no, maybe dieselfags, but no
>Same effect as an intake PCV, but without the negatives of detonation, hp loss, and carbon.
There is so little oil that none of what you says happens, that is my point. Showing me aftermarket setups doesn't negate that.
>who told you what that civic has is a catch can?
well considering it is pulled off the head with breather filters it is obviously a oil catch can
>or that oil seperators funnel oil into the intake?
the porsche one your dumbass googled does.
>or that catch cans can't be set up with a drain to the sump?
that would make it...not a catch can, huh?

Look dude. You are fucking running amok here.

>Its a solution looking for a problem
>Show me one OEM car that has a factory oil catch can on the PCV that requires periodic dumping

I have clearly defined the parameters. No more goal post moving. Have at it. I'm not saying I'm right, I would love to see such a system, but your asinine dribbling isn't getting us anywhere. See above, and get back to me.

>Even when confronted with a multitude of contradicting information I still firmly believe I am right
Join the real world any time.

you are fucking clueless. i can't be arsed to correct you because you're a arrogant cunt to boot, and i'd much rather you stayed cluess.

Show me ONE car with an OEM catch can.

The only ignorant ass is your foreign diesel fags. Sure your catch can adds mad horsepowas. Like I said, I made simple rules to "prove" me wrong:

>Show me one OEM car that has a factory oil catch can on the PCV that requires periodic dumping

Go.

>he treats an opportunity to educate his dumb self as a competition to win or lose

Holy fuck this discussion. There's no OEM oil catch cans because OEMs don't bolt aftermarket turbos on N/A engines. Engines designed for high pressures don't have much blowing past the piston.

No one said it provided mad horsepower, but it does help and it's just common sense to have one.
oem pcvs and oem oil traps are inadequate at best.

>show a catch can to someone who doesn't even know what one is
yeah nah
also that civic has a breather box not a catch can lol. probably an air oil separator built in

>inadequate at best
and I challenge that. why don't OEM turbo cars have them then?
>help, common sense
buzz words with no basis. do it if you "feel" it helps but you have no facts behind you. i don't think you are smarter than the engineers who designed the veyron
I am clearly defining parameters here. I am all down to be educated but either of us running off topic isn't going to help. If you can't disprove what I said then you obviously have no bases to your 'argument'
>There's no OEM oil catch cans because OEMs don't bolt aftermarket turbos on N/A engines. Engines designed for high pressures don't have much blowing past the piston.
Even OEM turbo engines simply draw vaccum and dump the oil back into the intake pre-turbo. OEM or aftermarket turbo doesn't matter.

As I've been saying this whole time, catch cans are a MEME.

>also that civic has a breather box not a catch can lol. probably an air oil separator built in
you have no idea what you are talking about do you lol? samefag pls.

just show me an OEM catch can.

This thread is why you can't trust anything someone on Veeky Forums says. I mean plumbing your PCV into your exhaust? Really?

what evil motherfucker did that to that ducati

>that pic
Good god, what a nightmare that must be to ride
>1/4 throttle
>bike is already spinning rear tire uncontrollably
>full throttle
>bike simply digs a trench in the ground
You'd have to idle around everywhere lol

naw, once it hoists the front the rest is just extra.

>implying thats a bad thing

WRXs are just civics for non total poorfags.

>The OEM's always go with most logical solutions at all times that maximizes vehicle performance and reliability
>They totally never cut corners to save money over the course of mass producing thousands upon thousands of cars

Pretty much what I'm getting from your drivel. You're incredibly dense and stubborn if you believe there's no room for improvement on a mass produced shit box. Even expensive cars are full of shortcuts, just look at the failure prone plastic parts BMW uses in their cooling systems.