/msg/ - Maplestory General

Video Games Edition

Patch Notes:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/15465/update-v-175-heroes-of-maple-damien-patch-notes
--------------------------------------------------------------
READ THE PASTEBIN TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON EVENTS AND NEWS!

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e (embed)
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Spooky and/or memeboi.

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. IT'S BACK THE MEAT WAS JUST BEING SLOWCOOKED.
maple.ellinia.net/
Guide to connect for current players: pastebin.com/PwhQ3Euc (embed) (embed)
>BUDDY KEKCRO FOR HELP(and mail but idk his ign)

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win/LOVE on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous thread:

let it die.

no

How come the thread is only active when the merilards are online? Is the EU maplestory community really that dead?
Shouldn't Aussies be awake right now? Why aren't they shitposting like mad like they usually do?

Bera best server

B R O A
R
O
A

>Shitters ITT not playing Reboot

>Remember that I'm watching you
>Be expecting me
What did he mean by this?

>MapleEquinox discord
>Takeoverkyle keeps revealing info about himself/where he lives, little by little
>mysteriously gets internet connection issues a few days ago
>gets a call from a blocked number today
>caller hung up as soon as he answered
HOLY SHIT SOMEONE'S ABOUT TO LITERALLY TAKE OVER KYLE

I'm going to take over his bp :3c

kill it until kishin gets fixed. then i can shitpost about botters.

What's with the mods? Deleting posts for literally no reason

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

good times
ludi pq best pq
the pq inside of town that was like a maze of rooms or whatever was good too because it was fast

Ludibirium best town regardless, there's just something about it that makes it so relaxing.
It also has the best star-force areas with the best monsters, seriously this guy is the greatest.

Reboot or Windia?

Bera

Reboot
Come play with us on the best serb

t. artfag

absolutely based, thank you.

This is a bit of a stupid question, but what class should I try next? I played a long time ago back when Evan got added, and now came back and have a level 70 Mercedes and a level 85 mechanic. What is a fun class to play? I'm thinking maybe angelic buster.

Imo Resistance classes are the most fun in the entire game.
All of them.

Yeah I'll try more of them later (which one?) But id like to try something else. Also man, mechanic is too fucking strong. I one shot EVERYTHING and nothing does more than 150 damage to me at level 85.

Phantom is fun

How easy is it to get skills as 5th job? I want that fucking grappling hook. Best movement skill.

That's the guy who steals skills right? I was going to start him, yeah. How does stealing skills work and what kind of skills are worth stealing?
There isn't 5th job on gms yet right? When is it coming out?

Winter, GMS is always 6 months behind KMS in updates.

29th for mipplestormies

Be my gf gaby

>he copied the

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

How cute is she?

Cute enough to be the love of my life tbqh

Playing again after half a year. Is phantom an acceptable class to burn?

>tfw got it up from epic within one MRP Black cube and one meister cube

What questline do I need to do to get to Ruined Perion?

>not playing reboot

none, just be 190

Is there a fucking class that doesn't disconnect you when you're mobbing because you're hitting too many monsters?

why did they remove kaisers sustain? Please tell me nexon returns it in 5th job or something

bump

I like the MippleStormies meme. It's a better meme than avatarfagging and drama posting about long dead private servers and that guy who asks for cute maples every thread but barely does lewds, or unnecessary tripfaggotry.

it's not like anyone gives a shit anymore; i certainly don't

I like the meme where no one responds to the thread and it falls off page 10
Try forcing that one more

i bet you can't even name ONE

botting is alive in Maplestory? Goddamn I thought people gave up on that.

Also where do we play I miss this game and I need my fix

Nah, it's just now Blaze Wizards are the designated botting class

DESIGNATED

SHITTING STREETS

BOTTING MAPS*

I'm curious. Is it a popular thing? I haven't seen someone botting since pre-big bang. They must have got really good or just rare. Is it mostly harmless or does it fuck with the game.

that's because the only maps you go to are 7 with the best exp/hr or whatever and they are smart enough to go elsewhere

hang around ch 7 leafre or ch14 ludi or something and you'll see a bunch of elite bosses being spawned by botters off the beaten path

Huh. Neat. I tried to find some info on how it works or what people use but couldn't find anything. Instead I found people bitching hard. Does anyone here do it?

Botting is the only thing keeping the game economy sensible. If all the bots suddenly went missing, the market value of things like css and cubes would explode and their would be no reason to play at that point

>please spoonfeed me hacks
leave

the market value of cubes is already zero because they were made untradable last month

I'm not looking to actually do it, that'd ruin the fun of the grind. I'm just curious about HOW they managed to get past the bullshit nexon does. I think it's pretty interesting to see what people have to do to get into games.

If I can rephrase my statement, how exactly are they able to manipulate the game? Is it an injector or a client? And how have they not found the source programs yet, if it's so popular?

Its bypass injection, with a client (usually) that contains all the hack scripts they can use. You dont find much of it anymore because the people giving out free clients with injections are gone and the only people doing the hacking know how to do it and they dont want others to know how or else we'd go through more dupe drama

Damn, that's actually really cool. It's actually gotten pretty rare that I hear about botting in popular games, because most companies give enough of a shit to stop it. I mean, I'm too dumb to actually work that shit but even I know you have to stop it at the source. It's like a hydra, ye?

I'm assuming you're talking about when there was mass duping a few years back, and they reset the server? I had no idea it was because of publicizing programs, I just assumed a small group of people were controlling it all.

good thing mipplestormies is no longer a popular game then

I mean I play on a private server with like 5 of my friends because none of us have touched GMS since it went full Jew. I just assumed GMS was still huge with how much it updates and all the content it gets

;_;7

Surprisingly high quality for a GMS exclusive doe.

Also I managed to get a screencap of this.

>theres something different about you punky

Adorable.
Shame it can't save us from the DREADED PAGE 10
THE HORROR

last one desu

nope
game lags like fuck for me whenever I hit multiple monsters

middle one honestly

Name one what

Left! Left!

Give your body to me

middle 2bh but only cause I'm a sucker for long hair

rightmost tbqhwy

Middle if the hair was actually red and not magenta

I know, the hair is red dyed but it looks pink, getting it dyed orange suits it a lot better as it looks more like a faint red.

>disco posting is a no-no
>gaby posting is 100% ok

>the sky is blue
>water is wet
>you are a cuck

any more truisms we need to review?

t. disco

post a pic of you soloing arkarium desu

I want to fuck Ayame right in her toon pussy

went on aries because i had an itch to play the shitty server. made a wh because why not, put some old equips on it and level it up a bit then call it a night. wake up and try to log in but everytime i try to go on the WH it crashes the client.

Classic Aries

this guy scared me when that area was first released

who reboot

>tfw reboot but can't be bothered to grind

what's a goodmipplestormies for me to burn?

thinking about animal commander

Cygnus to 150 senpai

I did that though
TB was ok
probably wouldn't do it again

What's that? This world isn't big enough for the both of us and one of us has to go?
Well I agree

Also i'm repeatedly told that legally I'm not allowed to use character likenesses unless you sign a contract to consent to it and like suzu said there's probably something in the tos about us not owning our characters likenesses so they're sitting here collecting dust

Fair use nigga

Forgot my image

I'll look into it later. It's not that important right now over doing everything else

What should I put my hyper stats in as wildhunter?

Max out DEX, Speed, Stance, and Min/Max Crit.

damage>boss>crit>pdr

>get no drops from madman ranmaru with spider
>get a meister from normal ranmaru with no drop%

I didn't even know this nigga dropped meisters

Crunched some numbers /msg/

I wanted to see how effective the new Aran bonus was so I ran a 26 minute test, which is also the time it took to go from fresh dark to the elite boss.

In the test I:
>collected only red orbs while training
>gained bonus map exp and consumed runes
>21% bonus exp from cards/link skills
>used aran link skill rank 2 for orbs

Here are the results of my calculations:
>(Link skill/card exp modiers on, aran link skill on) = (regular total exp%, orb total exp%), (total exp)
>(off, off) = (94%,6%), (297,503,020)
>(off, on) = (72%,28%), (389,698,674)
>(on, off) = (95%,5%), (356,458,457)
>(on, on) = (76%,24%), (448,654,111)

Looks like the Aran bonus is worth using if you plan on keeping a high combo for a while at least.

how do i into reboot? I mostly play shitty private servers so I don't actually know how to function without warps and shit.

Reboot has warps, it's called buying a Hyper Teleport Rock

I will deliver in 48 hours user

kind of surprised this name wasnt taken

>masteria through time
Nexon really likes making people suffer don't they