The South China Sea conflict

Is the South China Sea dispute a historical opportunity for China to turn the whole of Southeast Asia into a patrilineal and patrilocal sinicized culture, just like it did with Vietnam in the historical past?

If Chinese annexed the whole of Southeast Asia and imposed Chinese culture and customs all over it, could that create over the centuries a populace where males have a lean phenotype and a genetic predisposition towards philopatry, reproductive altruism, homophily, high intelligence, agnatic solidarity, long-term orientation and cognitive and behavioural inhibition, just like many southern Chinese groups?

We must remember that Southern Han are Southern Asians genetically; they are closer to the Thai than to Northern Han.

Do you think all of Southeast Asia could become as fortunate as Singapore if it were conquered by China?

Nice try, Ping.

I'm not Chinese.

Fuck you OP, i'm Chinese Singaporean and i don't appreciate being used for your political agendas.

For all your talk about genetics and culture, you don't seem to realize that they aren't causative of each other, and also shows your ignorance of chinese people. A singaporean is culturally very different from the taiwanese, or the hongkonger, the mainlander, or other overseas-born chinese.

For the benefit of other people, at least for the past 50 years Singapore's location as a deepwater port and being in the heart of southeast asia, as well as its city-state status, are the key factors to its success. Of course culture and leaders (like lee kuan yew) are important, but given our short history, it's hard to say for certain that they were entirely responsible for its success. Only time will tell.

How does it feel living in a synthetic non-nation?

>Everything must be nations!
>Other forms of state entities couldn't exist!
If you're American, he can throw that question back at you.

no

Not really Veeky Forums, more like /int/

I never said any of that.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth senpai.

See Also to add, aren't americans going on and on about melting pots and nationalism, and how entities that aren't traditionally a nation (like america) can still be defined as one as long as all citizens believed in the american dream (tm)?

It's the same here you retard.

Is comparing yourself to America supposed to be a good thing?

Yeah

Nope, but to show you that the definition of a nation today changes so rapidly that unless you define precisely what you mean, the question is meaningless.

Also, singapore has many other shitty elements that perversely work towards nation building, like mandatory conscription. It's hard to feel alienated when all singaporean men went through the same bullshit jungles and crapped in the same trench regardless of race, income, or religion.

>Is the South China Sea dispute a historical opportunity for China to turn the whole of Southeast Asia into a patrilineal and patrilocal sinicized culture, just like it did with Vietnam in the historical past?
No, because they would just be asserting their authority over a small, but gas-rich line of islands, not all of Southeast Asia. There will be no annexations, especially considering most of their neighbors fucking hate them.
>If Chinese annexed the whole of Southeast Asia and imposed Chinese culture and customs all over it, could that create over the centuries a populace where males have a lean phenotype and a genetic predisposition towards philopatry, reproductive altruism, homophily, high intelligence, agnatic solidarity, long-term orientation and cognitive and behavioural inhibition, just like many southern Chinese groups?
No, and that is racial mubo jumbo. Economic factors are what most likely cause this "predisposition" that you see.
>Do you think all of Southeast Asia could become as fortunate as Singapore if it were conquered by China?
No.

>historical
25 year rule faggot

>We must remember that Southern Han are Southern Asians genetically; they are closer to the Thai than to Northern Han.
No,they are genetically closer to Miao,She and Tujia.

The Dai are even further away from the southernmost Han(Cantonese) than Vietnamese.

>being used for your political agendas.

I'm not chinese, I said that before.

I didn't know that the Dai were that far removed from the Chinese, thanks for the info.

>I'm not chinese, I said that before.
Your first post makes you look quite a lot like a Chink or Sinophile.

Fcuk these china progaganda threads everyday.

Serious, when will mods ban all china IP ? they are cancerous

>singaporean is culturally very different from the taiwanese, or the hongkonger, the mainlander, or other overseas-born chinese.

You mean even more shallow then Korea?

Historically speaking, a country that expanded into international waters and the ocean would be seen as enlightened. The alternative is expansion into occupied land.

Call me crazy but preventing this would prevent mankind from conquering the seas. The southies are just butthurt they don't have the technology or the force of will to do it themselves.