What's the most reliable, best all around beater truck for hauling light loads and basic farm work for under 12 grand?

What's the most reliable, best all around beater truck for hauling light loads and basic farm work for under 12 grand?

honda civic

>gm

Ferd Ranger

lad a dodge ram 3500 not a gmc

dually if you can get it

3.0 ranger if you live in burgerland

Hilix if you live elseware

Looking for something Tacoma/Dakota/Ranger sized.

>for hauling light loads and basic farm work
>1 ton dually
You must have sustained a severe head injury from a young age.

I always liked the Land Cruisers.
Also, it's a ute mate.

americans cant get this pickup (among many others) because of protectionism. it would completely dominate the pickup market in the US if it was introduced.

Ah, that's a shame. It's a great vehicle.

72-93 Dodge pickup
94-02 Dodge Ram
1st gen Dodge Dakota w/ 318
73-87 Chevy C/K
88-98 Chevy C/K
78-79 Ford F series

Ranger
a
n
g
e
r

It would sell like shit to consumers. It's not luxurious or cushy enough for small-dicks to drive to their office job.

Not a Tacoma. And don't get anything with a bed shorter than 6 feet or you're just another day got who bought a useless truck and didn't even need one.

It's technically not a ute, mate. This is a ute.

>pickups are only useful if their bed is an arbitrary length of at least 8'
Not everyone's hauling singular lengths of drywall or plywood.

Nothing newer than 10 years?

He said under 12k

You can get it under 12k

10 tons is a light load

30 tons is a medium load

50 tons is a heavy load
t. redneck

>dat Toyota Tan
>dat such utilitarian color
>...dat glossy clear coat.

why for, Toyota?

>hey hiroshima shouldn't we make this truck matte instead of gloss it would look bette-
>NO
>AMERICAN IS STUPID AND LIKE SHINY THINGS IT IS GLOSS FUCK YOU
>o-okay

gmc savana

I'd say something like this

R A N G E R
A
N
G
E
R

an old Hilux will still work after the earth is eaten by the sun
If you want a truck you don't need to worry about look into one

Ford Ranger. If you want the 4L get the non OHC, or get a 3L. Get a manual cuz the autos are kind of weak, if must get auto, get a fuck huge tranny cooler.

>Hilux in US
One can only dream...

>farm work
Need more then that, exactly what kind of farm work? If you're talking about pulling implements around you'll want at least a 3/4 ton

>tfw Toyota will bring the bog basic spec land cruisers to Europe now that land rover has gone maximum faggot motors

It's probably never going to happen ;_;

It would sell great if they marketed and sold it as a Japanese Wrangler, aka the vehicle that almost single-handedly is keeping FCA from imploding

> Truck
Doesn't matter what you buy. Ladder chassis and live rear axle mean they all handle badly.

Newsflash skippy, most people buying a truck to do farm work, don't care about how well it does on the toe-gay. OP included.

Ranger is good but just a bit to small a used f150 before they became huge is pretty good.
S-10 /. GMC is pretty good with the i5. But might as well get a 1500 with a 5.3
As for dodge, the Dakota is a great size, but the 4.7 can be hit or miss. If it overheats once the heads are toast. It's sohc so swapping heads takes more than a few hours.
Taco is overpriced.
Nissan frontier is pretty good.
Titan is good to but hard to find full sized bed.

but muh driftan

Square body dodge 4x4 with

>unkillable 225 slant six
>unbreakable np435 4speed
>Dana 44 solid front axle
>9.25 rear (Dana 60 clone)
Literally goat

>see 1/2 ton, 80's model ferd f100
>rusty but trusty, beater farm truck
>excuse me sir, can you tell me this trucks best time on the Nurburgring please?

Repairing gloss paint is a lot easier and less costly than matte paint and it shows wear/scratches better. Toyota doesn't want their certified body shops or even outside body shops to deal with that or have really expensive/inaccurate repairs and then irate customers who didn't know how expensive matte paint would be. You only see matte paint on specialty/custom cars.

Ram makes a matte black truck

this

Hauling boxes of produce to my little 3 acre property, towing loaded horse trailers with up to two horses in them, towing small tractors and other tow driven farm equipment, and towing a 3 ton utility trailer full of farm equipment, tools, and produce. Infrequently carrying draft or scrap wood as well as seemingly endless compressed hay bales.

You'll be fine with a 1/2 ton pickup truck, you could probably get by with a smaller truck but I like to have at least a 1/2 ton truck when pulling a trailer loaded with a tractor, horses, or hay bales.

3.0 ranger. Sound like you don't know how shitty the 2001 and up 3.0 engine is in the Rangers.

this. 4.0 OHV or don't bother

Ford F150 97-03 4.6l the 5.4 is kinda shitty
Chevy Silverado 2500 2000-2007
6.0l or 5.7l
90s early 2000s Dodge ram 1500
5.9l or 5.2l
If you want good gas mileage and hauling the 4.6l Ford is good

Then don't buy a CCLB you fucking dolt.
You can get a 90s 1 ton GM the same size as a modern Ranger.

I had a '98 F150 with the 4.6l engine as my first vehicle. It was great until I wrapped it around a tree one night being a dumbass teenager... The passenger seat literally broke off from the floor but I walked away without a scratch, just some bruises and friction burn on my arms from the airbag. That "fully boxed frame" saved my life. Luckily I didn't have anyone else riding with me.

This is the correct answer.

they sold them here, user. there's one on craigslist right now near me. I also drive one

F150. There's a reason why it's the best selling truck every year and one of the most popular vehicles ever.

Normally a car dude here.
Buying a small Toyota pickup has been nearly insufferable the way it drives. Bench seat is comfy as fuck, and shifts better than any American vehicle though

>implying dat long wheel base isn't perfect for drifting
>implying dat v8 power and torque won't let you get sideways whenever you damn well please

My friend has a 2014 Toyota Tacoma with the V6, 5 speed auto, and tow package.
Should he put it in 4th gear when he tows, or leave it in D?

If it's constantly hunting between 4th and 5th, lock it in 4th. If it's moving along happily in top gear with minimal throttle input, leave it in D.
Depends entirely on how much he's towing.

>farm work
you dont. you buy a bush basher for the farm. an unroadworthy piece of shit that wont matter when you scratch the shit out of it and it can be rusty.

you then buy an entirely different car for leaving the property. this is also important farm hygiene unless you like washing your truck every single time you enter and leave the property.