/LOTROG/

Lord of the Rings Online General Thread - /LOTROG/

NEW KINSHIP: Brohalla's Chosen is a new kinship on the Crickhollow server. We've been getting people from /v/ for a day now and we have began getting a decent bit of players.

The goal of the kinship is to take our time and enjoy the comfy world of Middle-Earth. We're not planning on rushing our way to the end-game content although we will for certain be doing said content once we make our way there. That being said we encourage all members to play a class and race they think is fun and disregard any concerns with endgame viability as that isn't our focus.

The kinship is accepting new, returning, and current players. Please keep in mind though if you already have a high level character most of the people in the kinship are just starting out and it's recommended you make a new character.

In order to join us please join the Discord below so I can get your in game name. As a backup method my IGN is Chromatika.

Plenty of information on the game and the new kinship can be found here:

> pastebin.com/hvKbYeSK

Please disregard the Discord link included in the pastebin. The new invite link for the Discord server is:

> discord.gg/fQe4S

We'd love to have you with us and discuss the comfy MMO that is LOTRO here!

bumpan

Comfy fishing.

Was in the thread on /v/ earlier. Finally got past the write error. Had to reinstall unfortunately.

Mine worked when I ran as admin.

What are fun classes to play in this?

It really depends on your own individual preferences since while most classes have a definite MMO archetype (tank, heal, dps) they all go about them in very different ways.

I personally enjoy captains, minstrels, and wardens the most. I'd give a read into the classes and see piques your interest!

I love wardens because of the gambit system. Some people hate it but it makes the class so damn interesting.

I'm going to make a lore master, scholar. Always though the full on lore fag approach was interesting.

Since i always forget to mention it. I am unable to add people to the kinship until they complete the intro quest line.

However, it's easier if you give me your character name right off the bat so that i can add you to the list of people awaiting invites.

Guardian any fun or is it pretty basic?

I'm only level 15 but so far, but it's pretty cool. you can spec to be a damage dealer or straight up defensive tank with abilities to keep aggro.

I got lots of scholar stuff in my bank, figured someone would choose it

Bumping with a rundown of what classes can do in noncombatwise

Burglars, you can spawn a seller at any campfire you come across, steal shit, bring up treasure nodes on your minimap, and fall from heights that would slow down anyone else.

Captains, you can force people to perform an emote.

Champions, you can make people cheer for you.

Guardians, you can make an item that if you give it to anyone they can use it to summon you.

Hunter, you can track anything and go anywhere (while taking people with you), you also can move faster than other classes on foot.

Lore masters, you get a ton of cute noncombat pets, you can also bring up info on whatever you're fighting.

Minstrels, you can teach people how to play and craft books that can do the same.

Rune-keepers....moving on

Wardens, you can do the hunter teleport thing but only for yourself also get the run speed boost.

Oh yeah bears, you can make a honey cake.

Good lad, I gave in to temptation and sold all non-weaponsmith stuff earlier.

Not to mention all classes can use instruments (or some of them) to play dank songs.

Also hobbies like fishing

And professions, ofcourse.

>Minstrels, you can teach people how to play
instruments*

aww shit that sounds awesome, someone better roll minstrel

Odds are you're going to need an add-on and you will need abc files to play any songs. Also a heads up you can't play and move.

Finally downloaded. Elf starting area any good?

Join the Discord for the kinship invite yo

Bump to ded another thread