How much of your income do you spend on your car Veeky Forums?

how much of your income do you spend on your car Veeky Forums?

i currently save around $1600 every month AFTER tax AND living expenses... thinking about financing a car for around $500 a month because I can't stand my slow shitbox anymore.

am i making a huge mistake Veeky Forums?

Water you gonna get?

You would be if you want a 370z. What the fuck.

what's wrong with 370z? I'm looking at 2015-16 nismo 370's

g37s is better and less boyracery

On the same page as you OP. Saving about $1200 after all my expenses. Driving a corolla with 70k miles on it. Kind of want to go with a project car or a used 370z.

...or ride it out for a couple more years and get a GTR.

>giving a shit about how much of a boyracer you look like

The only people who sneer about this are cucks who weren't allowed to have a fast car.

About 33%.

Where is the ass?

Well you won't get a fast car for a $500/month payment. No faster than anyone else that drives one off the dealership lot.

If you just want a newer sportscar yeah thats fine. the Zs aren't bad cars but too heavy and sluggish for my tastes. Sounds like you can afford it so do what you want with your money. Make sure you test drive all your options before you drop your load. Don't let a dealer fuck you and convince you to impulse purchase. You're spending 30k, get what you want.

>4 exhaust pipes
>v6

rice

have you ever driven a nismo 370z?

8% here

Buying a new, or near-new 370z would be turbo-retarded. The chassis is old as fuck and the NISMO trim isn't going to improve that much.

If you're going to drop $40,000 on a car, get a Mustang GT, new V8 Camaro, or an Audi S3/GTI

Lel I got 4 exhaust pipes on my 4 cylinder, how bad am I

>how much of your income do you spend on your car Veeky Forums?
I save essentially zero dollars a month thanks to lol student loans but I have $2100 a month positive cash flow less food, my car payment is $300 out of that and that is nothing. I am looking at buying a second car so I will be spending around $500/mo on payments. Not an issue whatsoever.

I like nice things, and I have a hell of a commute. If you want it go for it.
gayyyy

Not a nismo but a few 350s and 370s. The 370 isn't bad, better than the 350s. Still just feels heavy to me. Not a car I'm really personally interested in. Handles alright, accelerates alright for a V6 car. I'm sure some aftermarket parts would help.

Err, I meant Golf R

Here's your (You)

That's the joke

>Audi S3/GTI
>FWD trash
Otherwise mustang is the smart new car to buy. Used in OPs range there are far better cars than the 370, tho i love magma red
ibid

No back pressure m8, you're as good as gold.

4 kinda makes cents on a 4cyl, but 6 doesn't divide equally into 4, so know.

>cents
>know

Its 3 and 3 with dual tips for christ's sake

The only people who will tell you not to buy a 370z are the people that are mad that you can afford a 370z.

Minimum payment on my car is $311/mo, I put $750 on it each month. Did the same thing when I was paying off my motorcycle and it's minimum payment was only $163/mo. Also put extra on my mortgage payment. Doesn't leave a lot left over but it's nice to know I'm able to enjoy having relatively nice things and saving thousands on interest in the long run.

seems like decent condition 350z HR's can be had for 13-14k here... might just get one of those and modify to my liking over time

>v6
>modifying
There's essentially nothing you can do to increase power cheaply. Just get a mustang gt instead.

paid for my car in cash and don't have full insurance

so I pay like $300 in taxes and mandatory insurance, and $300 more for a spot in an underground parking lot, that's per year

Not really.

The 370z is just not a good car anymore.

Too heavy, outdated engine, cramped, doesnt handle well. Its just average everywhere.

The V8 pony cars are more powerful, the Genesis is cheaper and the FRS handles way better.

Why not have a fast car with a nicer interior and more professional look if you can afford it?

DELET THIS

Lol it's as fast a z06 vette around the track, don't delude yourself

Yes. Financing is for people who want to still drive slowly in a shinier car. Buy a racecar instead.

Because some people are young and dont need or even want a comfortable, professional car.

I have and they're not anywhere near worth the asking price. If they were in the lower $30k range then sure but not for $40k+. A new SS shits all over in terms of absolutely everything and that includes visibility

Cars that are actually fast aren't street legal and the interior ain't much to look at.

>I drive like a pedestrian in a fast car and call it slow
And then insert some excuse about actually driving it on the track

I have 75k€ apartment, 5k€ in my bank account and 15 bitcoins (~5800€) No mortgage, no debt. I'm currently driving 800€ rusty Nissan pulsar.

OP I'm doing the exact same, saving $1500/month

Thinking of Financing a Mustang for 60 months. $15k downpayment, $467/mo @ 0% APR (car optioned the way I want is 43k + tax).

Another option was an E90 M3, those are mid 30k region, but its expensive to maintain. It also has a major issue with the engine bearings when they reach 100k km (which is what I'm looking milage wise). Its about $2500-$5000 to replace them.

I don't like the Camaro or Challenger because of the visbility, I do like the Charger Scat Pack with the 8-sp but its 51k +

I honestly can't think of anything else that fits my criteria ($30k-$40k, V8, RWD, either 4dr, or 2dr with back seats, and can't have any major engine issues like the M3s engine bearings, or the C63 amg head bolts).

I wouldn't buy one of these new. They are extremely reliable so if you buy used its not a big deal.

my car hauls ass and is street legal. interior sucks though.

ctsv

Are you retarded? You can put a downpayment and get your monthly payment for only a few hundread a month. Or you can finance for 72 months and get a Mustang GT.

There are only 3 different power adders you can add to the Z.

A Centrifugal supercharger (only good for about 400hp). A Single Turbo kit (lags like hell). These 2 are about ~$6k ea for the kid.

Twin-Turbo kits are good for ~700hp (unless you get bigger turbos). They have lag, but not as much as the single turbo these starts at $10k for a good kit that includes everything.

OP try to wait a bit longer.

Infiniti is comming out with a new Twin-Turbo 3.0L V6 for the Q50/60. Chances are they are going to make a new Z car with that. Its suppose to make 300-400hp. IMO that will be worth it as you can tune it to make more power for cheap. I want to bet it will probably top out around 450-500bhp on the stock turbos. I bet it will also have direct injection (making modding it for larger turbos a bit harder and more expensive.) and turbos in the V.

$45k in Canada still. Honestly I would love the Sedan or Wagon.

>A Single Turbo kit (lags like hell). These 2 are about ~$6k ea for the kid.
>Twin-Turbo kits are good for ~700hp (unless you get bigger turbos). They have lag, but not as much as the single turbo these starts at $10k for a good kit that includes everything.

twin turbo kit making more power has less lag than a single making less? OK

10 grand for a turbo kit? OK

The Twin Turbo kit, running at max boost, with a built shortblock and transmisison, will max out around 700hp.

A Single turbo kit, will max out around 550hp, with a built shortblock, transmission.

A stock VQ35HR Motor will max out around 450hp.

>The Twin Turbo kit, running at max boost, with a built shortblock and transmisison, will max out around 700hp.
thats pretty sad for a built drivetrain.

Well its a small capacity engine. And the Twin Turbo kits usually have smaller turbos than the single turbo.

>financing
>making a huge mistake
Yep

i make more power with my 2.0 engine.

of course the twins are smaller than the single. its a completely different way to go about it.

It's a fucking 3.7L V6. That's fucking phenomenal and it's probably actually driveable daily. The fuck out of here with 700hp isn't awesome.

700hp is great. if thats the limit of a built engine, that is sad.

Never finance a liability you idiot. If you had to pay 35k in cash for the car would you really do it? It's like over 3 years of living expenses. You can have a 370z which will look like shit once it rains and you get dirt all over it after a few weeks OR you can live without a job for 3 years and work on starting your business which has the potential of making you millions and then you can buy a new z every year.

Whats wrong with financing ? Red pill me

A built engine doesn't mean it's instantly going to achieve unlimited horsepower. There is alot you can do to "build" an engine to push it further but it's not worth the money. 700hp out of a 3.7L that probably comprised of new rods and pistons and maybe a cam is great.

Everything I own is paid off (house, vehicles, motorcycles, boat, etc.)

I make between $50k-$75k a year and live in an area with a relatively low cost of living. My yearly bills (homeowners insurance, car/motorcycle insurance, health insurance, utilities, cell phone, etc.) total around $12k-$13k. Taxes take up $15k-$20k. I buy vehicles in the $10k-$15k price range with cash. In that price range I can find decent vehicles with under 100k miles that are ~8-6 years old and still in good shape. I can understand paying up to $20k for a vehicle if you really want that particular one but my inner jew can't justify paying more than that for an asset that depreciates rapidly and has a high likelihood of being destroyed via wreck or catastrophic mechanical failure.

a built engine means you can throw more at it.

ive been building and tuning turbo engines since the 90s.

A vortech supercharged 350z can easily make over 400hp supporting mods.

Cams and good tune you can make 500-550. E85 and the higher boost pully and you are looking at 600+

>just the one cam

Wat? I actually do race my car (AutoX for the most part). Not sure what you're on about.

Autocross isn't really racing. It's like driving a backroad alone and comparing to other people's times

so what drag racing is the same thing

Ummm no. The car you are racing is next to you. If you finish before him you win.

not in bracket racing

While I agree that financing a car is usually a bad (financial) idea, you're the idiot for calling them a liability. They're a depreciating asset.

Liabilities are debts, so you're basically saying "never finance a debt".

have you ever drag raced a car at the track? its all about the time.

theyre pure liability at any point of operation.

>he's doubling down on retarded

If you've been saving a while and you just do it as a one time treat, I don't think it's such a bad idea. Get something cool like an F-Type, though.

You know what I mean. I'm a programmer not a financial analyst.

with bigger turbos you can push more power. But if your going to build a 1000hp car, why not start with a good chasis/engine? Like an LSx, or a Coyote Mustang.

>has job
>wastes time on Veeky Forums

why?

The engine won't be able to handle it. And I was looking at the vortech kit, the VQ35/37 barley makes enough NA power to run one of those blowers.

If your competitive, then I would say go for an E90 M3, just get an oil analysis every oil change. If they detect metal, bearings gotta be changed. Independent shop would charge ~$2500 to replace. (If you don't, your engine will seize, 10k for used engine, 25k new).

Other than that they are considered the most reliable BMW to date. $700/yr in maintenance costs.

>how much of your income do you spend on your car Veeky Forums?
At least $2000 a month, more if I can find it.

What else am I going to spend it on?