/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #532 - Shadows of Dark Creatures Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

gamingforgood.net/s/LuckWEHSleven
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fast

I read that the comic is in moon runes and the person posted a translation.

I'm talking about putting the words provided onto the picture.

excuse my shitty reading comprehension at 5:20 am

This makes me like these characters even more now.

>nice art
>nice edition
>removeds
>no other major screw ups
Thanks OP

Am i the only one that despises Sonic Riders and Sonic allstars racing?
>inb4 friendly competition
It doesnt matter, if you've played sonic R and SA2 you know perfectly well all those characters are capable of racing each other without a damn car. Its just another moneygrab pandering attempt at sega to appeal to mariocart fans. Frankly it makes me sick and its disrespectful to put sonic in a fucking car.

Yeah, the Kart Racing in SA2 was pretty fun!

Fair enough.
Also, maybe go to sleep?

>liking things

see

It's pretty stupid but don't act like R is a better game than Riders
SA2 on-foot racing though is so good that I support the idea of making every Sonic game have that kind of multiplayer

Fuck you i meant the on foot race between sonic, shadow, metal sonic and amy. All were equally as fast on foot in battlemode. Not to mention rouge and knuckles run really fast, and tails can fly outside of his mech fast enough to keep up with sonic. Eggman is fat and has to use mechs and eggcraft to get around, but you better believe he could create a hovercraft capable of matching sonic speed. Its a shitty excuse desu

>not liking things.

DESTRUCTIOOOOOON!

No problem. I've been at this for a while, so my only hope is the new OP makers who've come in can learn from their mistakes. For a while earlier this year it seemed like there were just two of us making threads; I made three or four in a row once back during the really slow period. Not ideal, especially since I'm gonna be dropping off the grid for a bit later this week.

Sonic R was a better game in every single fucking way. No shitty bird OC do not steal characters. No shitty hoverboards just feet on the street except amy and eggman of course.

Who the fuck cares? It's a fun game about characters having fun, not everything has to fit your narrow autistic view.

Based on the latest post , seems to be an obvious shitposter.

Go play marioparty faggot noone likes you, youre ruining sonic fuck off

Y'know that was bait right?

>2 Toes
Reeeeee

>disrespectful to put Sonic in a fucking car

It's a party racing game, it's not exactly canon, and of course it's a money cash grab in, so was Sonic R.

But Transformed was made by Sumo Digital, and more love was put into that than a lot of recent Sonic games.

I think you just hate fun and/or are pretty autistic.

>Am i the only one who despises the thought of sonic being in a fucking car or hoverboard? Id rather him race Sonic R style where everyone is on their feet. Knuckles can run pretty damn fast if you haven't noticed, tails can fly, i mean its insulting and disrespectful to see sega shill out yet another car/hoverboard racing game every fucking year for 8 years straight but we only get 1 Sonic R and 2 Sonic Adventure Games. Ehich btw the sa2 racing wasnt that bad either.
Sonic just has good sportsmanship. He loves to go fast but will play fair in a competition full of people who can't go as fast.

Well, it seems like we're at an impasse.

As a matter of fact, it's been made semi-canon when someone asked one of the Sonic social media accounts years ago about Sonic being in a car and they said that it was because he wanted to play fair.

>I'm gonna be dropping off the grid for a bit later this week.
why you gotta do this to me man

I hope people will keep drawing her with 3.

looks like it.

Fucking roger craig smith fan club. Sonic doesnt play by anyones rules, thats part of his charm you incompetent fuck. This whoah look at all my new friends shit, storybook mushy fucktard roger craig smith fanclub horseshit has ruined sonic games. It was better when they had definitive enemies and rivals. This is just disgusting.

Nope, it's official, she has two.

Blame my aunt and uncle for not having internet at their vacation house my family's going to.

Maybe I will.
Have fun user!

Roger Craig Smith has played Sonic at his most dickbag, mate.

IF YOU'RE STRONG
YOU CAN FLY

>official
Who even designed her to begin with?

When you read this in Arin's voice, it makes it slightly more enjoyable to ignore.

The thread.

Not him
What is Sonic at his most dickbag?
Because I'd argue Griffith has played all three contenders for that
>Shadow the Hedgehog
>Sonic X
>Smash

I can totally hear it!
I can almost even hear Dan laughing as I read it.

So what, everyone who was in the thread at the time talked about it and a art guy drew it?

>Nope, it's official, she has two.
>Official
kek

Sonic was a non-entity in Shadow, and if anything, Sonic was a total softie in X. Actually, when HAS Sonic been a dick in the games? Outside of Chronicles that is?

>Sonic was a non-entity in Shadow
He's pretty insensitive to Shadow at times and says damn
>Softie in X
Haven't seen it, I just expected him to be one.
Boom he's a bit of an ass

Are you h aving a stroke?

Woah, you do them all on one sheet? Every time I finish a request, I grab a new one.

He was a bit of a dick in the Fleetway Sonic the Comic series.

yeah for example this

came from this.

Pretty much. The extent of the discussion was basically

>we should do a sage character
>how about a sloth
>it's always grumpy or tired or something

And then a couple drawfags drew some pictures.

Overall, Fleetway. But Boom Sonic's a bit of a grumpy asshole in most episodes, and the original plot for Rise of Lyric was him learning the super power of teamwork.

>you will never have a piece of /sthg/ art drawn by an /sthg/ user

>that grumpy Cream
>Fleetway Amys
>all the drawings
I love it.

I assume similar happened with Bump?

I will always draw for you, even if I say I won't anymore. Fuck the haters.

Yeah. Make a Sonic version of Bump-tan, someone came up with the "Bump the Hind" pun, and so on.

>Bump the Hind
I like it.

You mean because you get to see em without clothes on just as God intended?

You are good people user

Goodnight /sthg/

I don't care about seeing them naked they just look cute. But I did like how he added an ass crack for both of them.

you mean like physically or digitally? I do requests from the board

Its time for me to finish up Sonic 3 and Knuckles and maybe move onto Sonic Adventure Streaming.

Will post stream if anyone is interested.
Warning my quality sucks since Satellite Internetz

Goodnight!!!

Grumpy cream was fun. And who doesn't love fleetway amy?

>fleetway amy
Oh, you mean __best__ Amy?

oops forgot pic.

yes yes I do.

I meant physically, like an actual piece of paper with someone else's scribbles.

gamingforgood.net/s/LuckWEHSleven

Hyper Sonic engaged

I was thinking about going to some sonic-related event and doing that if other anons were going too. What's coming up?

aw man I would totally do sketches if I ever got to go to a sonic related con.

more practice the better

Probably nothing big enough. We barely got anons going to some of the bigger events.

Fleetway Amy a best.
Also that grumpy Cream is adorable as fuck.

Hope you keep drawing user, I liked all of them.

>all these people that can draw
I'm so jealous!
I used to enjoy drawing (not that I was ever any good) but then I just stopped and never got good.

pls

I only really started drawing sonics last year user. My shit was off model, weird proportions, wonky faces and everything. So I did a bunch of satam studies as often as I could for a month or two and just practiced. I'm not fantastic, but I'm getting better. Most of my shit is pretty awful but I share some of the better stuff. Don't be discouraged!

Dimps probably gets in the way of that happening, unless Dimps themselves did it.

What improvements could an HD version offer compared to the original? The gameplay and music are great, and the graphics are pretty damned good (on par with the GBA's better games at least).

>What improvements could an HD version offer compared to the original?
Eliminating that horrible GBA screen ratio.

16:9 wide screen support, hand drawn visuals, Cream ported over from Advance 2

So i noticed while looking through finished draw wall request filled by "Name".. we have namefags?
I'm newish drawfag so i did not know this.

Nah, we usually figure out who drew it either by signature or just asking them what name they want to go by on the wall

Oh god you're the Satam guy.
You're Julian Robotnik with his "Oh yess" face is by far one of my favourite things.

You still draw from cartoons?

If drawfags post other places they'll usually be recognized by their usernames, but we don't have namefags here unless they're professionals.

B-but having them walk around buck naked would be too lewd for Veeky Forums

Good to know thank you

>for years people have been asking for Mario and Sonic games
>not asking for Kirby and Sonic games

>google chilli dogs
>first autocomplete is Sonic

I'd totally start drawing again if only I had a space to do it.

I'd post the one drawing I saved if my external was here.

>MotoKirby
>BuzzKirby
>OrbiKirby
>Metal/Mecha Kirby
pls

Is before the sequel any good?

>not asking for Kirby and Sonic games
You have two of them, they're called Before and After the Sequels.

Three if you count Chrono.

Four if you count Spark the Jester.

Hey thanks! I don't draw much from satam these days, working on some portfolio stuff and spent the past few days and next week colouring someone's pages for the archie online gang but I try and doodle every now and then, have an old one not sonic related new season when? but drawing from cartoons is a really good exercise. If you can pause it during a really expressive frame you can get nice reference to work from. I used to do stuff from animaniacs which gave great faces.

Once I finish up these pages I'm working on my archie submission though. ABT has been kind enough to offer to take a look at my sequentials when I finish them so I'll hopefully be able to produce something worth showing the archie gang. But I'm gonna do work from cartoons inbetween. I might continue the satam studies or do some aosth ones. The TMS aosth episodes had some great keyframes.

What