Trying to set your seat to a comfortable position

>trying to set your seat to a comfortable position
>no idea what the fuck im doing or how it's meant to feel

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y--STIRClMg
youtu.be/IZw7ZnxWKjs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

When I got my first car I readjusted the mirrors several times a trip and while driving for the first few weeks. It's literally the hardest part about learning to drive a car.

Adjust it a little.
Drive for a while.
Adjust it a bit more.

It took me a week to get my steering wheel back right after someone moved it. It's still not completely right.

>have to slide seat back to get something that fell under it
>2 days ago
>still doesn't feel right

JUST

>>have to slide seat back to get something that fell under it

>it was in the rail
>its now caught in the rail
>hear a crunch every time you run over it
>literally impossible to get out now

if that happened id just kill myself

>when your legs and arms get exhausted and you realize you've simply sat too far back all the time even though the seat position looked completely normal

Didn't mean to quote though.

>put seat all the way back because standard cab minitruck
>maximum comfy and never have a problem finding the right spot if I have to move it

Ok why the fuck did lexus make the IS so damn small

My head was almost out of the sunroof and it completely encased me in all sides. Not even my shitbox civic is this tight what the fuck

I would love to know how the seat is supposed to be adjusted. There is never anything in the owner's manual about it either.

It's supposed to be adjusted so it feels right to you
It's going to be different for everyone

youtu.be/Y--STIRClMg

I keep this video in mind whenever I need to adjust my seat. Seems to help with removing fatigue from my back, neck and arms while maintaining good driving form.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

power tilt and telescopic. add memory 8 way power seat.

if somebody drives my shit, all I gotta do is move my mirrors back to their original-ish position.

Backrest supporting your back, headrest close enough that if someone rear-ends you it won't concuss you, but not so far you'll get whiplash or can't see.
Arms comfortable so they won't get cramp on long drives, the same with your knees. Maybe so you can stretch your left leg out alongside the clutch.
If it's an automatic, you're not really driving it so you may as well ride in the back.

I believe the steering wheel should be at about the level of your wrists with your arms fully extended sitting normally.

The seat should be close enough to be able to fully operate the pedals easily.

Start here and then mess with the seat controls for maximum comfort.

>seat adjustable every way possible
>can never find a comfortable spot
>get in older car
>bar under seat for forwards and backwards
>lever to adjust back angle
>can get comfortable in 10 seconds

>fucked up back
>never comfortable
>adjusting constantly
FFFUUUCCCKKKKK

1. While sitting, step on the brake as hard as u can, ur knees should bend slightly when the brakes are fully depressed. This give you the most braking power in an emergency.

2. Then start adjusting the seat height until there's ~3 fingers - a fist gap between ur head and the roof.

3. Adjust the seat back until ur rists are resting on the steering wheel with the arm fully extended, and such that when u turn the steering wheel left to right, only ur shoulders move, NOT ur upper body.

I've been sitting like that for over 2 years now, not only is there less fatique on ur back, but u do see the roads so much better and can anticipate trouble a lot faster. I always steer away from those drivers where their eye line is just about an inch above the dash, and wonder how they even see the road.

Yes, I prefer fewer adjustments as well. You mess with it for a bit until it feels pretty comfortable and then you just get used to it.

>my car gets rear-ended
>drive my parent's extra car for a while
>driver's seat has power front/rear tilt, seat height, forward/back, and lumbar adjustments
>constantly fiddle with it while driving long distances because it always feels just slightly "off"

I hate it, I hate it so much.

Seating as explained by Jackie Stewart, take from it what you will. From 04:00 - 07:11

youtu.be/IZw7ZnxWKjs

I can't think of a worse feeling.

its funny because because i have a 98 3 series with same interior and the motor in the seat is fucking broken so i can' t recline the seat forward!

also, where can i get that fixed

Running a car through gears is driving lol

this guys a fucking idiot

not sure, mines manual
try real oem for the part and then google the part number to find a forum where someone has done it before

okay thanks man

>be 6'2"
>many cars are too cramped
>many headrests don't go high enough
>implying I'm ever going to sit in the backseat, my shotgun game is on point

>6'3"
>headrests
I feel your pain