What does Veeky Forums think of a Maxi Scooter like this one for touring around Europe?

What does Veeky Forums think of a Maxi Scooter like this one for touring around Europe?

It's an Aprilia SRV 850 ABS and it costs 12k Swiss Francs.

I want something like this to tour Western Europe.

For that cash you can get something that handles better and rides faster

Yes I know.

But I have a leg problem after a work accident and I can't even ride bikes because of how high you have to lift them to get on the seat. I also have problems with my feet, and only drive automatic cars due to this problem.

Thats a shame op, i only know of a few automatic motorcycles like the DN01 Pic related. I guess you could do it but I've only every ridden a 50cc scooter.

Damn meight, that's hardcore

what if you want something comfy that isn't a cruiser

Go for it senpai, if you can't into a regular bike then they're not a bad option at all.

I have an 07 Honda silverwing. As far as big scooters go, they're a lot of fun. The honda is reliable, comfy, and actually very quick. If my st1100 didn't have the cool factor going for it I'd probly elect to take the scooter more often than not for anything short distance.

Can you get a twingo for that price?

I see. Do you have previous riding experience? Even if it's a "scooter" that weight and 850cc might be quite overwhelming for a first time rider. Have you looked at some smaller brothers in the range of 125..600cc?

P.S. Can you even get suitable license (e.g. "A") without driving a full sized manual motorcycle for test?

I imagine they'd give you at least a restricted license but then again motorcycle licensing is a never ending series of fuck ups.

Eurofag, here
>incidentally with an Aprilia

Scooters are pretty meh, but i get your problems
You need an a license, you *can* tale it with an automatic, but you'd then only ride other automatics.

Most scooters are actually cvts
Cvts on bikes is as, if not more, shit as on cars.

That said, Honda makes DCT bikes.
They're a tad boring, automatic and easy to ride

Nc 700 are good, they're also super low

The integra is literally the dame bike.
There also is a 1200 version derived from the glorious VFR

You can get an auto VFR.

If you feel weeb enough Honda also makes auto cruisers.
If you don't buy a red one you're a fag

Most other scooters have the motor on the swingarm, which makes them shit at riding.

Steer clear of anything italian if you've never wrenched on a bike

Keep in mind that any bike will have better ground clearance than a scooter, and off-roading is really fun

If that's your deal then a maxi scooter makes sense. Although 850 just seems absurdly overpowered for a scooter, or even a motorcycle.

...basically, you'll never use half the power, but will be carrying the extra weight all the time. Half the displacement would be PLENTY.

I use a small 125 cc scooter for commuting in the summer.

That's about it.

Never used powerful scooters before.

What's the problem with the continuous transmission? Is it bad with such powerful scooters?

The thing is that I'm afraid of going to the highway in Europe with something less powerful since I wish to be able to overtake cars and not be "pushed away" on the road.

Dude, 300ccs of fury are enough to keep up in the highway
Anything more and you're talking warp speed.
Bikes accelerate a lot better than cars

Cvts are shit at low speed, shit at high speed and mpgs
Bikes are inherently lighter than scooters.
Unless stationary you'll barely feel the weight

Higher trim family sedans are as fast as 300s these days and a lot more repeatable considering you just smash the gas and go.

Seems perfect for what you want.
These high-powered scooters are basically cruiser motorcycles minus the chrome.

Higher trim family sedans are not 1,5k

Doesn't change my perception that "warp speed" is not dead even with a Camry.