/hsg/ hearthstone general

Unicorn Priest is NOT real - Edition

>Free $10 Amazon credit for digital downloads expires August 31
>Download Amazon Underground on Android
>Install Hay Day
>wait 48 hours for $10 credit
amazon.com/Supercell-ltd-Hay-Day/dp/B018GSK5ZC

>/hsg/ poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSekNLi_xMC9Bwt9X6IZECo8j4fWGDfa9b6Rbo9c5UVdJmhuDA/viewform

>Deck lists, news etc:
tempostorm.com
liquidhearth.com/
hearthstoneplayers.com/
hearthhead.com/
hearthpwn.com/
hearthstonetopdeck.com/
manacrystals.com/
vicioussyndicate.com/category/analysis/

>Arena Help
heartharena.com/

>Open Tournaments:
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>Deck Tracker:
hsdecktracker.net/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ot7nlHXPLqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=Ot7nlHXPLqU

For those who missed it, Blizzard is going FULL DAMAGE CONTROL.

Purity no longer draftable on Arena.

Priest may be shit, but we still have the best waifus.

Purify

Man, look at that production value

Team 5 probably forced him to do it from his apartment.

Is PURIFY the most spicy Hearthstone meme of this year?

Can something even come close to it before the year ends?

So we can all agree that Big Boy Brode has nothing to do with R&D and is just the face for the shitty balance team right?

Brode has always been our guy

maybe if they give priest a 2 mana 7/7 or something like that

I like how Ben Brode is always the fall guy when Mike Donais is the real person ruining Hearthstone (just like how he ruined the two Magic expansions he was in charge of before Wizards got rid of him).

He's the guy who said "there always has to be a 9th class" if you don't remember him.

>inb4 Krippypasta

>We don't have board presence and the board wipes fucking suck

Excavated Evil is amazing because you don't play many minions and it denies a card draw from your opponent. Imagine being zoo and drawing that card. It's great. And Entomb is great against control.

>And when we manage to survive and play the control game, we just get OTK'ed
It's so easy to set up 25+ damage. The main problem is control warrior but nobody plays that any more. This deck shits on aggro/tempo/dragon warrior. Nothing is safe from OTK warrior, don't blame priest for that.

Although the biggest boon for this deck is that nobody else is playing it. They don't play around the fact that you have board clears out the ass and that you can do 25 damage from hand. Warlocks often tap into lethal range without even knowing it.

Granted I'm only at rank 7 and this deck can probably be refined a bit more by people that actually know what they're doing.

>What the fuck is midrange
>That's just aggro with some big minions

The words of Kripp on his stream, when question what he thought of the "midrange" meta.
The best arena streamer on the world is baffled that people think that "midrange" exists on Hearthstone.

Can /hsg/ finally let the midrange meme end?

post EU play a friend RIGHT FUCKING NOW

technically, he's right

kripp has no clue about constructed you faggot.

I know this post is a meme, but Kripp is right.

Dragon Warrior is meant to be a midrange deck, yet it regularly wins on turn 6 just from charging Alex's Champs at face, Kor'krons at face, Weapons at face, while ignoring everything (or just removing your minion for 1 mana while dropping a 3/3).

The only time Midrange stops being aggro is when it faces an even faster deck like Face Shaman. Against everything else it's face face face face.

The real deck archetypes in the game are:

- Face (Face Hunter, Face Shaman)
- Aggro (Every "midrange" deck and Zoo)
- Control
- Combo

Do you honestly think that midrange has the same weaknesses and strengths that aggro does?

Because if so, that's fucking retarded

>He's the guy who said "there always has to be a 9th class" if you don't remember him.
There doesn't?

There will always be a 9th.

The gulf between 8th and 9th can at least be made smaller.

The very definition of Midrange, as stated by LSV, is that Midrange is a deck that can bend its gameplan against aggro or control decks and that's exactly what Dragon Warrior does

>Dragon Warrior is meant to be a midrange deck
>yet it regularly wins on turn 6
>BUT ITS TOTALLY A MIDRANGE DECK BELIEVE ME

The difference is less than what priest memers say.

Reminder that removing silence from this game is what allow every class's decks to be an on-curve snoozefest.

That's exactly what it is, a meme.

Purify definitely isn't a good card, but hating on it like the community did was just a bandwagon meme everyone hopped on. Similar to Justin Bieber or Donald Trump, the 13 year old audience who play hearthstone heard a few people say it was bad, and they just couldn't stop parroting it.

Face should be Aggro

Aggro should be Midrange

Take RDW or Goblins, archetypal aggro decks that literally just have you attack every turn with no real regard to board control. That's what Face does.

Reminder that the average Hearthstone player (and /hsg/ poster) doesn't know the meaning of the following words in the context of card games:

>Tempo
>Card Advantage
>Curve
>Aggro
>Control
>Midrange
>Combo
>Shortcuts
>Awareness
>Mental Play
>Who is the Beatdown
>Relative VS Fixed value of cards
>Making reads
>Permission
>Lockdown
>Weenie
>Good stuff deck
>Aggro Linear
>Aggro Control
>Signals
>Top to down
>Bottom to up
>Back to front
>Front to back

And because of that the competitive level in the whole game is just mediocre and filled with rng.

You can't build properly, play correctly or much less discuss cards in a meaningful way if you don't know what these concepts mean.

>top-down
>bottom-up
why would this matter for competitive level? that's about card design at the very conceptual level and has nothing to do with the actual game

Dragon Warrior is actually midrange and can combat aggro very well. Deck that fucked up perception of 'midrange' in HS was old midrange hunter which sucked ass against aggro and was just aggro hunter with houndmaster and OP highmane. It wasn't meant to play control role against aggro effectively and solely relied on pressuring slow decks.

>Kripp calling off his dogs on-stream

Welp, Blizzard's gonna get away with this shit next expansion too.

>kripp can't draft without heartharena
This is just embarrassing.

It matters in Flavor Draft.

I'm kind of sad that Duelyst never took off because I really like the general gameplay

Top down and bottom up thinking are both used WHILE playing and while building decks.
You would knew if you read the book.

what the fuck, no one uses those terms like that except very very rarely in terms of EDH

especially not post-NWO

They pay him to use their program.

Well then they better pay him more, because he goes off the range pretty frequently.

>what the fuck, no one uses those terms like tha

See
>You would knew if you read the book.

>because people don't know every concept on this list the game is filled with rng
wew lad

>no one uses this term
>you wouldn't know it anyways
>yeah because no one uses the term

just let the bait die
just let the thread die
just let the game die

If you weren't illiterate you would had read the book, knew how Chapin uses the terms for deckbuilding and for gameplay, and would be sperging "NO ONE DOES XD".

But alas, you won't ever pirate (steal) the book in order to be a little better in card games and a little less ignorant.

It only just occurred to me, but the state this adventure is in makes sense in a way, doesn't it? They just had a big recruitment drive with the invite a friend mechanic, and HS has always had questions raised over the "new player experience."

Whilst the cards in this expansion don't look as exciting to the more experienced players, they're a perfect mix for a relatively new player. The 5/6 with the free legendaries, the 1/1 factory, the Curator/zoo shenanigans, the portal cards. They all seem to be designed along the philosophy of high yield for low game time investment.

Without a doubt the best course of action for a new player now is to save up gold and purchase this expansion. It's a good place to start now that Naxx is gone.

It's a shame places like reddit can't see past their own microcosm of phony intellectualism and realize that this expansion isn't designed to cater solely to them.

>Without a doubt the best course of action for a new player now is to save up gold and purchase this expansion. It's a good place to start now that Naxx is gone.
>It's a shame places like reddit can't see past their own microcosm of phony intellectualism
kill yourself you stupid fucking shill

>Whilst the cards in this expansion don't look as exciting to the more experienced players, they're a perfect mix for a relatively new player
so are most cards you'd pull from a comparable value in packs

This was voiced concern during standard implementation that Blizz is going to adopt this stategy. Attract as many new players as you can, milk them as much you can and dump them. Blizzdrones will stick with your game anyways.

how much armor do i need to survive a worgen warriors full damage potential

>we will never see another LoE

Just one ice block

About 60, maybe more.

can someone help me with spec daily on na
candyandy#11283

>so are most cards you'd pull from a comparable value in packs

Yeah sure man, let's just rely on rng when we could just as easily get a guaranteed pool of cards and an interesting PvE experience to boot. Typical basic bitch cynicism, try making a real argument instead of screaming shill next time

wow, i can't believe blizzard threw reddit a bone. it's a pretty shitty, already chewed up bone, but blizzard gave it to them. it's feigning interest in arena. if they actually gave a damn, they would announce plans to rework it, or just toss out half the minions.

i think the max damage of worgen combo is 68

playing mage against warrior seems like a bad idea

you dictate the max damage of the combo you fucking idiot. You can play 2 rampages for more damage more inner rages etc etc

Malygos Shaman will be a tier 2 deck once all the Kharazan wings are released

>interesting PvE experience to boot.
how would you know?

>if they actually gave a damn, they would announce plans to rework it

Uhm... they did.

you mean yogg shaman?
i have been trying it and i always win because 32 damage from doomhammers

Brode was pretty clear that Purify is never changing.

Ben seems like an honest and fun guy.

did you just lose your mind, friend? or are you easily triggered? there's a max damage to the combo unless you're going to be theretical and put in abusives and dwarves.

>an interesting PvE experience to boot. Typical basic bitch cynicism, try making a real argument instead of screaming shill next time
yes, I agree, adventures are an interesting pve experience, that's why I buy them every time regardless of how shit the cards are
that doesn't mean every fucking adventure is a masterstroke, and you're a shill if you try to claim otherwise. there's no point arguing with someone who's decided beforehand to dickride blizzard

feelio when I thought it would be a good idea to tech in fire lance for crusher but it doesn't even do nine damage
Lmao what a joke of a card

Ben is an idiot that think the community will wait 2 years for him to make the game better. People are quitting in droves literally half my friendlist (30) people have over 1 week to play the game

I watched the reveal stream which featured some of the boss themes and mechanics, not to mention the enjoyment I've already gained from previous adventures.

Kripp is also fucking retarded.

I've watched his stream a couple times, he seems like a genuine person.

It doesn't excuse the fucktarded decisions that have occurred under his watch, but he at least gives the veneer of them happening out of ignorance and not malice.

how is dragon warrior even good? it seems like every deck i run up against is teched specifically to beat it.

I'm sorry, but then your statement makes no sense. They announced that they're going to rework Arena itself, but instead you were just talking about reworking purify? And that is somehow supposed to fix arena? What?

If anything, reworking purify would be almost exclusively a thing for constructed.

Different user, that's what he refered I believe.

Recently on many Twitter videos Brode was asked about the retarded state of Arena, how much worse it was going to get with Firelands Portal and what was going to be done about it.

Brode basically said

>We know
>I think we might implement a whole new way to draft
>Or how rarities are drafted so common powerful cards don't fuck over balance
>Or maybe we might overhaul it totally
>We don't know yet we need more testing

So they might be tryinging to rework arena completly, who knows.

Because fiery war axe wins games

You see, the reason why we made it 2 mana and not 1 is because our playtesters were actually trying to win with the card.

>bosses you will beat in one try and never play again
>a heroic mode that involves retry after retry thanks to RNG

Wow, fun

>that doesn't mean every fucking adventure is a masterstroke, and you're a shill if you try to claim otherwise

See now you're putting words in my mouth. I never said this or any other adventure was a "masterstroke." All I'm doing is mentioning the merits that this particular expansion has for new players. Each expansion is different, made to serve a different purposes and meet the needs of different players. LoE, for example was a great expansion for veteran players. Lots of synergetic and complex cards that created a deeper top-tier metagame. Karazhan is not that. That's all I'm trying to get across.

aggro with overstated minions and good weapons

2 mana 3 attack charge minion and 2 mana 3 attack axe is very good for face hunter decks

>token druids with ancient of wars
>voluntarily putting premium removal targets in your deck

just a terrible response from bbrode. Literally better off saying nothing. Reddit's boner is fully erect and they are so hard they can't even see that this changes nothing.

Ben Brode successfully cucks the community again into believing that shit cards being released is a GOOD thing.

but then how do you kill his fandral and violet skanks

>shit cards being released is a GOOD thing.
this is nothing new, for ANY card game

>just a terrible response from bbrode. Literally better off saying nothing
better off for whom?

Don't like it don't play it. Some people actually enjoy PvE encounters, and the vast majority of them can be brought to a good win percentage if you put thought into the deckbuilding.

If you instead go for the unicorn tactics where you think of one combo and then restart the match until you specifically get 2 innervates + nourish into wild growth in your starting hand and then proceed to topdeck a perfect 5 6 7 8 9 10 curve over the next 6 turns, then that's your choice. But don't complain if that strategy is boring.

although this is true, they managed to release the worst card in the game for the class that easily struggles the most, in arena and constructed. That is the real problem.

Saying nothing is terrible. The dev expressing their "vision" is a lot better, even if you dont agree with what the vision is.

>opponent recognizes you as token druid and blows his premium removal an violet teachers and Fandral in an effort to avoid being overrun.
>slam that 5/10 taunt down
>opponent concedes
>deny their friend request and queue up again

Literally everyone besides reddit.

I agree that the timing is not right for the card, and Brode said the same itself.

>they managed to release the worst card in the game for the class that easily struggles the most, in arena and constructed. That is the real problem.

I have a problem calling Purify the worst card in the game when Demonfuse and Totemic Might exist while Purify cantrips with potential upside.

I would say for the game, because I have the feeling that they will continue to release SUPER shitty cards on adventures (where very few cards are released overall, so the quiality should count more) and just saying afterwards

>That one? Oh it's a timmy card don't be mad
>This one? Oh it's a FUN one, don't be mad

Basically they got the perfect "I will make shitty cards but IM JUSTIFIED, feel bad for me" card

agreed. sucking off reddit is one of the most pathetic things i see devs do

Fuck priest, nobody cares

>Everyone want to be kept in the dark
how dense are you? More information from the devs is always better. ALWAYS. Even if the info doesnt please you.

What cards do you want? Do you just want cards that powercreep the meta every release? How many new cards need to replace other cards in the meta for you to be happy?

So they play all day, and refuse to address the issues Warrior, Shaman and Hunter plague this game with.

Thanks for the info Ben

>sucking off reddit
the video wasnt aimed at reddit. Why does everybody think that. I saw it when checking my fb shit in the evening. It was additional info for everyone.

but im obsessed with reddit so therefore it must be aimed at reddit

Demonfuse can at least win you the game by buffing a minion, and Totemic Might can protect your valuable totems, like Mana Tide for example.

So despite being bad, they aren't ENTIRELY useless.
This card does NOTHING for priest, and really nothing for any other class, other than being way over cost and the only real benefit you get from the card is simply drawing and cycling the card out of your deck.

The absolute terribleness of the card just goes beyond anything else we've ever seen.

>Warrior, Shaman and Hunter plague this game with
you know what a meta is right? In 15 years of playing various card game, I have never seen a "perfect meta". Sure some are more interesting than others, but there will ALWAYS be a bunch of decks that are simply better than others. Dev can influence the meta, but actually fixing it would mean a lot more patching from them. Actually, HS is probably the only game (since its virtual) where this could be done, but since its casual at heart, it wont be done. So just roll with it, like we do sicne beta. Dont ever expect a meta where EVERYCLASS can be played equally. It wont happen.

>1mana too little
>2mana too much
Do you think we'll see another mechanic similar to overload?