/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

HUE OPERATORS ALMOST OPEN TO ALL EDITION
Previous thread:
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcgBzHJQpo
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>bullets can shoot through reinforced walls easily

You are an idiot there are a ton of maps where you need thatcher for a good breach.

2nd for stop all the platform hate

Third for FUCK PULSE

garage is just about it. and that's only if there's a bandit le tricking you.

confirmed dumbass shitter

Literally one pro team uses Thatcher every game. Point disregarded

It's not hate, you can be inferior all you want. Just know that PC is better in every conceivable way.

I'll stop the hate once the consoleshitters stop being retarded and living a delusion that their platform somehow competes with PC. Which is never

>bedroom on Club House
>have to breach a window to get LOS on a battery/jammer

>Plane
>literally everywhere on plane

>Garage on House and Chalet

>Any map with a Castle + Mute where you don't have a sledge

>The basement or Kitchen area in Oregon

I could go on but this is all just off the top of my head

These type of people take the retarded bait every time

Just ignore and report

Pls

>having to breach ONE window warrants picking Thatcher

>literally everywhere on place
>implying hatches on 3rd floor don't exist
>implying breaching from bottom and throwing a grenade up doesn't exist

>implying there are games without Sledge
>implying people pick Castle in higher tiered ranked

The basement on Oregon is very situational, just like garage. I never said he was NEVER good, just 99% of the time he is.

You honestly have to be unranked, or some silver shitter to make those points and think that you're right. Or do you somehow have knowledge that plat/diamond and pro players don't have?

>not noticing they responded to bait with bait

It's almost too easy

You can just melee or grenade castle walls you know. Or just shoot the clearly visible mute device

Daily reminder the devs are aware of the nitro cell meta and they said they're going to address it in a future patch.

a never ending cycle

This

It's too easy to counter a Mute, even after his range buff.

>breaching that ONE WINDOW also warrants having a SLEDGE

>Plane
>"breaching from bottom and throwing a grenade up"
>literally saying you need Ash and a grenade character in a completely different part of the map to do the job Thatcher can

>implying that yes indeed there are games without Sledge

The point was that Thatcher is not GOAT, but he's an unsung hero. He is good, he does a good job and benefits his team, it's just he doesn't get the respect he deserves.

Which your post is evidence of, since you are suggesting wasting two slots on nigrigging his job together instead of simply just getting the breach immediately.

>clearly visible mute device behind a reinforced wall you can't shoot through

alright then.

What else would you expect from dumbass consolefags and pcucks who enjoy a good shitposting?

I really wish this game had a more intelligent player base, like in CSGO or something. R6 is just full of kids.

Sometimes it's fucking terrifying spectating someone in your team peeking when they have absolutely no reason to, and then they die.

You can tell that they're LITERALLY panicking when its a clutch situation.

When thatcher isn't cooperating with thermite (then why the fuck pick thatcher?)

People not using their spare drone while attacking, because it takes time and all they really wanna play is CoD.

Please, can someone carry me to Diamond rank because Silver is just a fucking random mess. I won 8/10 placements and was MVP most of them, but because I did my placements during the fucking season start when no one else had any rank, then how the fuck can the game make a fair placement? Next time I'm waiting for everyone to get their rank before I do my placements.

Also, full SLI support when.

Also, give me E3 graphics pls.

>needing an Ash
>implying you won't have an Ash anyway
>implying you can't just shoot it
>implying you can't grenade it
user when you're unironically as stupid as you are, we won't get anywhere.

You said mute + castle combo, meaning he would put his device next to a castle wall which you can shoot. How are you so dumb that you can't understand your own post?

He isn't good though, if another operator can easily do what he can do. His gadget is just a braindead, easy button way of getting rid of enemy gadgets.

Please go on about how you know more than the people who get paid to be good at this game.

>mentioning Thatcher
>even when it's criticizing and not shitposting
You're going to trigger him user, we just got him to calm down. Sorta

am I the only one that thought the E3 graphics looked like shit aside from the lighting?

>E3 graphics
Fucking kek

Watch dogs was such a shitshow

>other operators can easily do what he does
>his ability is just an easy way of getting rid of gadgets
Huh?

>E3 graphics
Literally for what purpose? You probably have your graphics settings lowered and the fancy stuff disabled right now anyway

>unironically wasting a Ash round or a frag grenade on a fucking mute jammer
>this is the best solution

We're done here

Yes on Club House Bedroom, you will typically have Mute jammers on the two castled windows, and the wall leading to outside. This forces you to breach the adjacent rooms to get in there, unless you waste resources opening up that outside wall to be

>implying you get paid to be good at the game

You act like /r6g/ hasn't constantly been shitting on the esports scene for this game for ruining Siege because they play the game like CSGO (ie not playing it how we do)

The other posters are suggesting that combinations of other operators, positioned in alternative places with their sole goal of being a thatcher replacement, are a better thatcher than just EMPing the wall and blowing it up immediately.

i hope you realize those graffix were never going the be in game in the first place. that whole shitty "gameplay" trailer was scripted top to bottom. even the animation is miles better in the trailer because they took extra time to make to craft extra movements and super detailed hostage facial animations. it was all a lie.

the lightning sets the vibe quite alot, especially in a game like this. It gives a whole other atmosphere and feeling to game. i rather lower texture quality in exchange for e3 lightning

>thatcher has an 8% pick rate on PC
>community is saying he is almost balanced but could be just slightly better
>some shitposting task force says thatcher is literally the worst OP in Siege who brings zero value to the team

wew

.... we know?

>calling it "wasting" when you can push the objective easily
I bet you think it's a waste to use a frag grenade on barb wire too. You're posts just scream "I'm silver please shit on me"

>castle walls with jammers
Like I said, Ash or Sledge is why that combo is shit. Congrats kiddo, you just wasted two operator slots.

>Still avoiding the question
No user, really. Why do you think pros don't pick Thatcher? It's because, while a little harder, his job can be done with a team effort.

Even if we disregard the pro factor, since it pokes holes in every single one of your points. Why do you think you know more than Platinum and Diamond players?

>CS 'GO
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcgBzHJQpo

I dunno man he seems pretty valuable given his 8% pick rate

>inb4 only shitters pick him

>I bet you think it's a waste to use a frag grenade on barb wire too. You're posts just scream "I'm silver please shit on me"
Who would do this?

It's a " copper player tries to say he's smarter than the highest ranked players" episode again

>being unable to comprehend, let alone read the English language

I understand you're just some underaged shitposter, but please make an actual argument with facts before you do. Like shitpost after you get BTFO'd and you need to vent somehow. That's fine

Also, quote where anyone said he's the worst op

To be fair, with the latest buff Mute can place jammers to the side of the wall, away from the gap underneath, and it would work.

Pros and anyone higher than gold 1. When you go and start bashing barb wire, anyone near you will peek and headshot you. See that kind of stuff happen ALL the time in pro games and gold 3. It's very basic.

But greandea are still a thing. And if you say ADS. Then sledge or ash, who are both really popular.

>grenades don't exist

>grenade on barb wire

You wouldn't have to use the grenade on that fresh Thatcher + Thermite hole because, oh shit, they don't Barb Wire that fucking shit.

The thatcher and thermite combo also means that you are giving the defenders less time to respond and zero in on your position. While your team effort strategy works, it takes time, splits the team, and gives information to the enemy instead of a hole just being immediately blown open.

>That combo is shit
It's still done on some maps because those two are the only ones who get through it easier. If they didn't bring one (or you kill one before they get the breach), god forbid, they are fucked by being slowed way down.

>avoiding the question
I didn't avoid the question. I answered it. It's been a COMMON COMPLAINT in this General that Ubisoft appeals to the esports crowd and the new roaming meta is because of that. They tend to pick characters with better weapons that are able to be used INDEPENDENTLY, since Thatchers solo killing ability is not up to snuff. By comparison, Ash is a rape machine that just steamrolls everybody in her patch.

Thatcher is picked regularly by nromies and he shows up when he's needed. There are spots where he is good, and unlike Monty, he is useful in more than one situation in the entire game.

>it's a "im btr than u" "nuh uh im better than you" with anime reaction images episode
Just stop

>start hitting barb wire
>someone either peeks you or tells someone else in a safer spot on their team to peek you

Welcome to ranked where everything is annoying.

I still struggle to understand why people use Sledge when Buck is a better OP 8 times out of 10.

>statistics are not "facts"

wew

Because they server similar, but different purposes? Sledge opens holes and access points, while Buck goes to an upper floor, breaches the floor and shoots down.

>pic related doesn't exist

Buck does the same thing only faster, and has a quick access to last resort weapon. The only thing Sledge has to him, is breaking Castle doors and barbed wire, and I'd argue none of these things justify picking him.

>it's still done on some maps
God I'm fucking slightly annoyed that you still can't follow a goddamn conversation. Yes, as I've stated, Thatcher is a good pick on a COUPLE of maps. He is extremely situational. He's picked on those maps because of Bandit and his battery trick. That trick fucks Thermite, but you can't do it every map because of the points I previously made. Those very select few objective locations are extremely difficult to breach in from other locations. Like 2 bomb spots user, out of how many others? SITUATIONAL. It's a term even a fucking copper like you should understand.

>You wouldn't have to use the grenade on that fresh Thatcher + Thermite hole because, oh shit, they don't Barb Wire that fucking shit
The fuck are you talking about? The whole grenade on barb wire thing has literally nothing to do with Thatcher + Thermite. I was just stating the fact that it's really clear you're a low rank/unranked because you'd think that was a shit idea. And it's even more obvious because you couldn't even follow the point I made.

>still couldn't quote
>shitpost even more
He's picked a whole 8% by casuals? Wew lad, wew

>Buck does the same thing
No, he absolutely does not. Buck opens smaller holes at a distance. And he can pierce both floor and ceiling panels, while sledge has trouble with it. So Buck can very easily flank up top, when the objective is below, and shoot down for easy kills.

Sledge excels at knocking holes in every single block entry way. You pick him to fuck up walls.

Oh, I see that not only Brits but t. coppers shitpost too.

YEAH AND YOU KNOW WHAT BECAUSE HE IS FUCKING GOD LIKE IN NUMEROUS SITUATIONS HE IS AN UNSUNG HERO, holy shit you AGREE WITH MY FUCKING POINT

Beyond that he SPEEDS UP THE BREACHING PROCESS which benefits the attackers in more ways than one. He does benefit the team on some margin if he is picked, unlike ops like Castle or Monty who can be literally useless sometimes. Yes, even on an objective where he is not mandatory he is good to have, saves time, and doesn't expose your team. He's not a good pick most of the time, but the only time he is a BAD pick is if there is no thermite.

God you are fucking dense please fucking uninstall your copy of the game and get a life.

>You pick him to fuck up walls.
You mean, to open entries for roamers to get on you? Why the fuck would you even do it, to make yourself even more vulnerable than you already are?

>he unironically considers someone who's only good on two objective points, good
Not even the maps, it's just the objective spawn points.

No kid, he's a bad pick when it's not those two bomb sites. Jesus fuck. Seriously, I'd ask you to post your rank but you wouldn't be able to because you play in fucking casual
>inb4 hurr durr ranked is full of HECKERS

You've been proven wrong kid. Jesus fuck.

>acts like criticism is a personal attack
Go back to tumblr if you're going to cry

>/r6g/ - Shitposter Apotheosis

How else are you going to advance user?

>all those caps
You sound upset

>uninstall
Coming from the guy who was fooled by the "Thatcher is good" meme

>thatcher is bad meme
hi red it

By making a hole, not thousands of them.

It's one kid who got upset because someone stated a fact

>"been proven wrong"
>argument consists of:
>HAHAHAHA U LOW FUCCBOI RANK IS OUTMEMED FRIEND :^)
>gobak2leddit where you can post in the copper only thread LEL
>HERECOMEDATCOPPER.rpg.png.jpegg
>I am the Rainbow Six Siege Overseer everything I say is right, and you are objectively wrong, because if I am right how can you also be right? This is not logical and you must be a child because you lack the logic to follow what is clearly objective logic and fair arguments
>copper x9001

Post stats or go back to /reddit/ projecting little faggot

>states opinion
>calls it fact

wew

>"I know the game better than PROS and DIAMOND players"
>his defense to that was "lel Ubi just made the game FOR THEM and NO ONE else"
Are you unironically getting triggered user? Not even joking. You're resorting to shitposting and lashing out now that you've been proven wrong.

ITT: a shitposter gets mad and starts samefagging

>the vast majority of super high ranked players are aware that Thatcher is a bad pick
>opinion
user, I feel bad that you're this stupid

>proven wrong

I literally have not been proven wrong, considering out of the available data he's the fifth most picked OP for attackers, it seems to me like people are picking him

gg and have a good night

>tumblr
>memewatch
wew

Posting a meme from tumblr isn't helping desu

>casuals are better than pros
laughingsluts.jpg

>inb4 objective, unbiased statistical data is wrong
>inb4 we can't trust the pick rates cause it doesn't show DLC OPs!

Yeah and your mom said "cum inside me" instead of just swallowing even though she knew she would have a fucking retard for a son. What's your point?

>13 posters
>77 posts
you aren't fucking kidding

Pulse having C4 is one of the most egregiously bad character design flaws I've ever seen in a multiplayer game tbqh

to play devils advocate here, can anyone provide citations for the "thatcher is bad" meme?

there should be some quotes if this is so common knowledge

NO DON'T DISPROVE HIM

It's pretty obvious. He makes a post showing how mad he is, then makes another post just consisting of greentext and a generic meme attacking the same post

>I'm a pro believe me pls I know best
You've got to prove it for your argument to have weight

It's called watching pro games, pro interviews, or serenity. we aren't here to babysit you.

>spoon-feed me
No. Just go watch some games and you'll hear them talk about it

>then makes another post just consisting of greentext and a generic meme attacking the same post

>two people can't have the same opinion
>two people can't possibly think thatcher is alright

wew x5000

>reading comprehension
pls stop

English is hard

>damage controls when called out
I miss old Veeky Forums. They would at least back up their "opinion" with evidence

>tiny number of posters
>you 'two' are the only ones madpostong

Do you have a folder just to shitpost with or what? Why are you so upset?

>Posters: 14
>this much arguing and shitposting

CAUGHT IN THE ACT

>I miss old Veeky Forums. They would at least back up their "opinion" with evidence
Oh please.
"""Evidence""" here has always been and always will be
>smug anime pic so I'm right
See: This thread and countless others. /a/ for prime examples

>stay up late
>samefag goes apeshit
this is a new low /r6g/

>stats are not evidence

Yeah I miss the old Veeky Forums too, where shitposters just admitted to being trolls

>"""Evidence"""
You aren't helping your point.

>knowing more than the best players at this game
You're right, in oldchan faggots like you stayed on reddit

>come check out /r6g/ before bed
>entire thread is two samefags having a war with each other