Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Throwback Edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does /mhg/ play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, Tri, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!5oADGL6I!vZyTmDo1SxS9THjlW60QH2mKo8f2j1lVCpTMlvy-m9A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kek this actually happened to me

it only hurt me a little :(

Lads, I've fallen in love with Striker Lance
No, not just the charge spamming, but the general use of the arts to dance around

Do I need a bunch of elemental lances to get this train rolling?

I want to BE Meowstress!

Sup mhg, bow user going to blademaster, DB or LS?

UNLOCKED HR FUN
09-8011-9373-4319

2 slots

A genprey killed a Seregios I was hunting today

>both cancer trippers

would you like trying out GS as well?

you just make hellblade lance
dont fall for the elemental meme

I'm currently still in LR

Good gunlance for highrank?

>master1200

Just finished my HR7 urgent and my HR unlocked at 50
is that bad or good

Gypeceros spam or mining for lightcrystals? Which is quickest?

doesn't matter use APM

skills to look for as an HBG? pretty much going for pierce right?

>cats got nothing but sweet armors
>no skills so fashion hunting makes sense
>but you can't upgrade them, so you're stuck with low defense
fuck you cappy

I want to give YOU a big wet adult kiss!

early or late?

If the Tamamitsune user that posted source for me a few hours ago is still around, I'm about half done inking the picture. There's a full WIP of the sketchiest part where you can find it.
>pic related is just a taste pun intended

I LOVE this meme

I don't know why I keep trying to use sleep with pub lobbies. The same idiot woke Teo up right away twice in one hunt. I ended up just ragequitting after the second time.

>Topple monster by mounting it
>Cat flashes it immediately.
Help, my cats are French, how do I blacklist them?

Unlocked Turns Room
63-6557-8867-6126
Come have a go with the pizza man

Which of these deals more damage?
Arc Shot: Focus
Rapid Lv3
Rapid Lv4
Rapid Lv4
(None)

Arc Shot: Focus
Rapid Lv3
Rapid Lv5
Rapid Lv4
(None)
It's the Seregios bows and I'm not sure what to get

i really wish monster hunter generations had guild quests or something similar to guild quests from monster hunter 4 ultimate i hate not having not having progression in video games, in generations its literally just bujabuja -> hayabusa silver sol + deviant weapon and you're done and that only takes 20-30 hours

but in monster hunter 4 i started with velocijaggi set into double gore into azure rath into serigos into baibaikaiser into various clownsuits thanks to relics allowing me to have flexibility with what stats i need or didnt need, my natural purple sharpness GS let me ignore s+2 and focus on other skills and all that took my 400~ hours and im still not min/maxed properly i got get better charms and make a better set

look at the variety mh4u has over gen
99% of GS users are using the Black S set mhgen

but in 4u i never once saw a GS user wear the SAME exact gear passed G Crown, you saw a lot of baibaikaiser in g2/g3 but at gcrown everyone was different

i miss that
i miss having something to do

cleared all my quests and theres literally nothing left for me
i just wasted my day hunting 1-10 glavenus due to boredom, now i have lv10 sns, lv10 db, lv10 ig, lv10 SA, kv10 lance and lv10 ls

all which benefit from my meme set
i dont know what to do anymore

i completed this game so fast im kinda let down
gq let me spend 150 hours alone fighting Garuga gq140

what support moves to teach my shitter healing cats?

Pretty even. Sounds like you just did sidequests with keyquests.
Rank 30-40 is usually carried shitters only doing key quests.
I did all village quests, a whole whole bunch of quests with friends I already did, and I did damned near all the LR/HR quests in each * and I unlocked at 97.

What LS is that? Looks cool as shit.

Hyper Steve.
It has access to Power coatings Lv.2, while the other doesn't.

Only give it counter boost and support boost skills so it'll play true health horn more times. Remove all other moves so it doesn't use those instead.

>did damned near all the LR/HR quests in each
autism

Sure, if you wanna call it that.
I call it "fun."

early my man

10/10, made me chuckle

>carried shitters only doing key quests.
who started this myth that rushing keys = being carried

Hyper Steve is also just straight up better with 20 more raw, and an extra 5% affinity.
Normal Steve is just shitter bait.

SOMEONE MAKE A TURNS ROOM

THE REST ARE ALL FULL

>i really wish monster hunter generations had guild quests or something similar to guild quests from monster hunter 4 ultimate
IT'S HAPPENED
IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENED

FU grandpas hated on 3U when it was released, when 4U came around everyone looked back on it with nostalgia goggles whilst condemning 4U. Generations is released and everyone thinks 4U is capcom's gift to man.

mining obviously

generations being more trash than 4u doesnt make 4u not trash

Guild Quests are healthy for the game longevity and shouldn't be removed

>GQ are healthy for the game's longevity
Remember when everyone hated GQ's because it was an endless grind?

If guild quests had weighted more monsters as evenly as Rajang, it would have been amazing, but they had the most retarded weapon drop balancing so Guild Quests were trash.

Add Nekojo's essential kit to the op: mega.nz/#!5oADGL6I!vZyTmDo1SxS9THjlW60QH2mKo8f2j1lVCpTMlvy-m9A

Ah, finally, someone who understands how rooms work. Except the part about making one.

>endless grind
So no different than the actual game

when MH5 comes out people will be praising sakura charm farming

>everyone

Speak for yourself palico.

>implying i'm not praising it now

why wouldn't people? isn't it about the most bountiful method of gaining charms in MH history?

I awear to god what is with db faggots and gettibf right on your dick to demon dance?

Bone Gunlance has surprisingly good raw and easy to get materials for its second-to-last form.

Thanks m8

Is Demon Dance even optimal dps this time around?

Hunting Arts and Styles makes this already joke of a game, even more of a joke.

There is zero challenge in this fucking game, I miss GQ140 Shaggy and Garuga so much

Favourite game?
Favourite monster?
Favourite weapon?
Favourite armor?
Favourite Quest?

XL or New?

What do you want from 5?

you know you can still play 4U?

x combo is better but demon dance is the only db combo that doesn't move you

you enjoy g rank shagaru minesweeper? that's a first.

How do you deliver 12 coals in coal hearted if the box accepts only 10?

Right, so as usual I guess archdemon for chasing stuff around. May I ask what the optimal dps archdemon chain is this game? I might try DB soon.

>not New XL

I dont know but the amount of times ive had a db user just fucking demon dance on top of me when the monster isnt even around is insane. Thanks dude, i love having all my stamina drained cause you hit me while i had my shield up!

>Favourite game?
4u
>Favourite monster?
garuga
>Favourite weapon?
great sword
>Favourite armor?
glavenus
>Favourite Quest?
gq140 Garuga
>XL or New?
i still use OG 3ds
>What do you want from 5?
no more casual hunter arts and styles, vertical cliffs and hills toned down a bit and the return of guild quests

you can suck my dick

Yes i love how they turned one of the only fun and well thought out monsters in 4u into an rng shitfest

What's the fastest way to level a cat up? Do I want to do that intense training bullshit or do I just take it with me on hunts? Does it matter what hunts I do?

>sakura method is a mistake

4U
Lucent Narga
Dala IG
Grand Mizuha
The Invisible Predator
New
Add new monsters using underused skeletons(temnoceran, fanged wyvern, snake wyvern, etc.).

take him on hunts preferably

all monsters are rng in regards to fights
thats the appeal to monster hunter

do you think the game would be fun if the monsters were 100% scripted and followed the same exact pattern every fight?

>gore
>well thought out
>wind press fireball combo
>well thought out

Cheese Deadeye Garuga to death using four of them.

>halfway through dreadking set for HBG
>just realised I can't add EE without a 2 slot weapon
What's the best option for solo charm farming, I understand the coal method works much better with 2 or more.

MH4U
Ukanlos
LBG
Kushala daora
Monster hunter!

fuck both.

Ranged weapons.

What's the fastest way to grind HR. I unlocked at 17 HR and I need 60 for akantor for my HH

How is the Gunlance nerfed exactly?
Locking your heat at max with Wyvern's Fire and spamming the striker XXX>A combo over and over does shittons of damage.
This feels like nothing but a buff.

>all monsters are rng in regards to fights

Lol wat

>fight any large monster
>they move to a small area
>CAN'T SEE SHIT: THE VIDEO GAME
It's terrible with Glavenus.

Also shaggy is not gore you fucking dumbass. Fuckibg 4u babs i swear, go play a real mh game like 3u or the game 4u was trying to copy, FU

>spamming the striker XXX>A combo over and over
What monster allowed you to do that besides Jhen?

>Guard +1 on CB

It's a whole new weapon

Why the fuck were there people saying it wasn't worth it?

Because unlike 4U, you don't get to counter blocks.

That micromanaging is too much for my brain.

Just did it to Rajang, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it works against everyone.
You can't move forward if you're up against the monster. If you can't, just do XX>A. Still works.

Yeah but you don't get knocked back 5000 ft by charging hypers and giants when you GP or perfect block

GP isn't that useful against those moves, you should be sidestepping them probably.

Shaggy always had random explosions even before gq140s, do you not play these games? I assumed you didoso I figured you were complaining about gore being better than shaggy but looks like you don't actually play :(
Monster attacks are random. They pull a random attack out of a group of attacks and perform that one. For example hellblade could go straight into his lv3 charge after his initial roar. Or hell bite. Or hell tail slam, or he will roar again

>17HR

But then you lose the chance to stun them out of their charges and whatnot, which is awesome

Epic.

You stun by aeding the head, not by gp. Yes you can, but it'd not what you should be aiming for. Perfect guard eliminates the need for GP

But this is fun

nice bait

Sorry I'm not an autistic fag who lacks self control and needs to check mark all the quests. I just play to get bis slotted so I can run solo TAs

Anyone want to clear 7* quests

Seconding this. I'm currently assuming going into the a combo after the x combo is worth it since it lets you correct your position slightly and makes you have less periods where you aren't hitting it.

>HR 17

06-8419-6128-9685
Anything (MHGen)