/nmsg/ No Man's Sky General

/nmsg/ No Man's Sky General.

Launch Hype Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
polygon.com/features/2016/8/9/12408750/no-mans-sky-first-impressions-review-preview-10-hours
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx
pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-10-burning-questions-answered/
youtube.com/watch?v=07wbfrCj904
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is v so butthurt about this game?

Because it's popular with normies

because it is nu-fun

How are the crashes? I've heard they're pretty frequent.

boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/thread/151030445/

Yup, it's getting swamped by faggots though arguing about stupid shit. Figured it better to contain the nonsense in its own general to give the ed and sc fags a chance.

blunder of the decade

>One Man's Sky
>>One Man's Sky
>One Man's Sky
>>One Man's Sky
>One Man's Sky
>>One Man's Sky
>One Man's Sky

It needs to hurry the fuck up and release for PC.

I played or a solid 90 minutes and nothing crashed.

As just a general review: The pacing is slow, but I understand in the sense that the games wants you to learn how to crawl before you can walk. Everything feels big, because you are so small. And leaving the atmosphere of you "home" feels massive achievement.

What does he mean by this?

>AAA priced indie game

I'm with /v/ on this one, fuck this shit.

ll dump some random screens as i cry and wait for the pc version

>people can't tell whether or not they're having fun

neat meme

Then will welcome your shit posting. Have fun user.

What the fuck is wrong with the colours in this game. It has a ps1 filter over everything.
Seems like they're ruining their own graphic work.

I'll shitpost here too so you can fuck yourself.

>>One Man's Sky
>>>One Man's Sky
>>One Man's Sky
>>>One Man's Sky
>>One Man's Sky
>>>One Man's Sky
>>One Man's Sky
keep cryin' shill nigga

Every colour procedural. Nobody is directing the art exactly

Not sure if deluded fanboy or just funposting.

Not what I mean, the hueshifting is great. But it has this grainy washed out look when it could easily be bright and vibrant.

Damn. This one is nice.

I'm not really sure what you mean. I've seen plenty of vibrant looking planets, along with gloomy shit holes.

this game looks unbelievably boring

so far I've had fun twice!
I traded out my multi-tool for a cooler looking one that mines really fast.
And I fed a goatkangaroo some rocks and it walked around for a while.

Why can't you have fun exploring user? Do you need some sort of artificial recognition that you're having fun? A score? An achievement?

>explore cave #130
>looks exactly like cave #97-125
this is not fun

I'm pretty sure SpaceEngine has more planet variety at this point

Thing is you can't really test if the game servers are actually re-generating the same worlds for other players or if everything is just ad-hoc generated for you. I've been playing it about 3 hours and its literally exactly what I expected. It'll be fun for about 30-40 hours then probably get old, reminds me of fallout without the story.

Is that it? Dead already?

want to debate multiplayer ?

No thanks

polygon.com/features/2016/8/9/12408750/no-mans-sky-first-impressions-review-preview-10-hours

Kek, polygon

Sure. There's no multiplayer.

BUT SEAN SAID

What did Sean say?

But Sean lied
requesting a "don't believe his lies" with Sean Murray

>It seems like it's a lot of work to incorporate multiplayer with a high chance that it won't even happen.
Sean:
>The only answer that I can think of for this is a really technical one. If we were to make a game where we synchronized every player, what they were doing with every other player, then that would be impossible and no one has ever done that. What we can do is, like many games that you have at the moment, where you are flying around with an open lobby. People are coming into that lobby and leaving it – like if you play Watch Dogs or something like that. Effectively, we have players joining your discrete space. We're not trying to make an MMO where you can play with literally 60,000 people on screen. We handle the case like where other people can fly past in your game or that you can bump into other players in the game.
gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/12/10/stop-thinking-of-no-man-s-sky-as-a-multiplayer-game.aspx

>That doesn't mean that players will never meet one another, but even if they do, Murray made it clear in an interview with Game Informer that No Man's Sky definitely isn't an MMO. It's not designed to have a bunch of players all in the same place at the same time, playing alongside each other. However, the game is prepared in the unlikely event that you do come into contact with another player, due to a personal 'lobby' that surrounds each player like a bubble.

pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-10-burning-questions-answered/

Yeah, those are some good examples of Sean's lies.

>clearly states plans for multiplayer but is not focus right now
>game releases with no multiplayer as intended
>Sean lied
What?

>>clearly states plans for multiplayer
No, he was talking about the game's multiplayer. Those interviews were taken from last month. Nowhere did he say the multiplayer was only going to added post launch.

>people ACTUALLY bought this shit

I forgot this game existed

don't worry everyone will forget it soon too

what in the fuck are warp cells and where the fuck do i get them?

>buying a game that is 100% procedurally generated

>devs did no actual work

>g-get to the uh.. c-center of the universe guys... that's the e-endgame... yeah... It's uh... it's amazing... yeah!

If you've played 5 minutes you've played 5000 minutes.

Show me where he said, at any point in the last 3 years, that there's traditional multiplayer.

Need one of these with Sean Murray's face.

not me though, I have no skills

is there a way to reset? I feel like I messed up by not following the atlas, I'm assuming that I basically don't get the atlaspass that unlocks doors now right?

To people who actually own the game and are playing it:

Are you having fun?

What are these people shitposting about, it has construction and taming/farming now. What is there to bitch about?

yes but I have lots of questions about what to do and how to do it. needs more handholding.

Delete your save if you want to start again.

The statement about "traditional multiplayer" was from 2 years ago.

Show me where he said, at any point in those interviews, that multiplayer was only being planned for a post launch patch.

pls assist my retarded ass with warp cells. been sitting in a space station for like 30 minutes waiting for these beaked bastards to sell me one. wtf am i supposed to do? there's no recipe for warp cells that im seeing

So what are the three "Paths"?

I'm assuming Atlas is one of them

>needs more handholding
kys

Isn't half the fun figuring shit out on your own?
>that's not core to the game right now... We have a laser-sharp focus on what we're going to ship with
>same interview

Atlus
Freedom
Refunding

It's single-player

you get the recipe for a warp drive, then a warp cell and then antimatter and then the floating gel or whatever its called.
you have to buy some of the ingredients from the shop until you get the recipe.

No shit. It's always been said it's single player.

youtube.com/watch?v=07wbfrCj904

Nowhere in that statement did he say multiplayer would not be available at launch.

I'm talking about the most recent interviews where he explains how multiplayer works and why it's not an MMO. Again, NEVER does he state this is all planned for after the game releases.

thanks famalam

He says, in that screenshot, that he plans a traditional multiplayer down the road.
That aside, we agree. This is a single player game in effect.

>everywhere I go I see people saying shit like "I HOPE HE FINDS ANOTHER PLAYER THAT WOULD BE SO COOL" or "YOU CAN FIND OTHER PEOPLE"

So clearly the lies worked
Most of them say they are cancelling their preorder when I break the truth to them.

>He says, in that screenshot, that he plans a traditional multiplayer down the road.
Obviously talking about the games release, since that interview was taken 2 years ago.

You can't say that Sean was referring to a post release addon when not just two months ago he talked about the lobby system and how you could bump into other players without once stating it wouldn't be in the game at launch.

>Everything else promised about the game turned out to be accurate
>only one thing that's unconfirmed left to shit post about
LEL NO MULTIPLAYER IN THIS SINGLE PLAYER GAME LELELE

Yeah, I like playing generic survival games too. Especially without the excitement factor of running in to other players and the unpredictability inherent to that.

>First impressions
If you were someone who picked a direction in Minecraft and just started walking, you'll probably enjoy the game's exploration. Lots of neat stuff to see, shit to jump around on, etc.

Inventory space is garbage, easily the largest shortcoming of the experience so far. How you're supposed to get by with less than 30 inventory slots for you and your ship on the outset is beyond me.

Space is fun. You fly around it, you can shoot rocks if you want.

So far, it's a 7/10 if you're into autistic relaxation games. Sadly, I am.

Stop arguing with me, we agree. You've misunderstood my intention.

Take your autism pills.

The FoV makes me feel like I'm constantly choking back some puke.

I was just replying to the argument that started here

nu-buzzword

Wasn't it said that you can't encounter other players, it's just that the odds of that are low?

Should have gotten it on PC

If I were to guess, I'd say its aim is to evoke a mixture of old film and aged, worn sci-fi books' covers' looks.

I don't like it.

I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE

IM CRYING.

60$ DOWN THE FUCKING DRAIN

Thats what they said

In actuality they meant "You can't see other players, but we'll say you can just to keep you hopeful, the only reason you haven't is because our game is so big, silly goyim! We would never lie to you!"

>No FoV sliders

okay?

You can't encounter other players. It's a single player game. They made it seem like it's possible, but it's literally not.

I'm all for making fun of Sean for being a fuckface liar, but going after his poor public speaking skills seems a bit low even for us.

BU-BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH BUH
DIS POSE TA BEE MY SAFE SPACE !!

IT'S NOT FAIR

NOT

FAIR

NO
NU
NU-OH

NUOH!!!

Now go tame shit and build a base

>tfw live in a country that guarantees 7 day right of return on all consumer products

>Obviously talking about the games release, since that interview was taken 2 years ago.
You have a fucking pathetic reading comprehension

I've seen people complain about inventory space but reviewers have said that after a few hours when you start getting upgrades its no longer an issue.

>7 (seven) medals in the Olympics

You have a literally no fucking reading comprehension if you think the devs has been talking about post-release multiplayer in the interviews linked ITT

It's fucking pathetic that people go to this extent to damage control for the devs statements

He's right though. Sean never said the multiplayer wouldn't be at launch.

Unless you're playing with m8s you just get killed, lets not kid ourselves here.

NMS isn't an mmo, it isn't a multiplayer game where to can teleport to your mates and form parties, its like journey but meeting others is much, much, much rarer. So rare that for almost everyone nms will be a single player experience, which is what sean have said from day 1.

And somehow people have changed this to be "nnmnnoooo the numale lied and said i could form guilds and attack other guilds and form raid groups to kill aliens" ect, ect when hello games didn't lie and repeatedly said what the online capabilities actually are.

Nobody is saying that, they are saying you can't run into other players when it was stated that you could.

Fuck off shill, steam refunds exist now so you're not fooling anybody.

A. Why would I give a fuck about sports?
B. Not Australian. My country has so far only gotten 2 silver medals, so significantly worse than Australia.
C. Pic related.