I got a Mazda Miata 1992. And accidently I left the keys on the trunk...

I got a Mazda Miata 1992. And accidently I left the keys on the trunk. This model doesn’t have a trunk realease in the front side.... Anyone know any trick to release the trunk ? I’m really far from the city right now. (Bonus points if it doesnt screw up my car)

Other urls found in this thread:

mx5parts.co.uk/boot-release-mk1-25-p-135.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

op is stupid same shit happened to me

I don't see any way but the only way possible is to open up the trunk by calling a mechanic. That can actually "screw up" the trunk.

Good luck in getting your keys back.

Just wait for the car to rust open so you can reach into the trunk cavity to retrieve the keys.

Don't worry about it taking too long—the car will rust faster than it accelerates.

Pick the lock

Locksmiths exist for a reason user

i was gona say to do that beacsue thats what i did i poped a hole in the bottem truck fished the keys out and welded some metal on it

The first thing you should do after buying a car is have extra keys made. That $2 at the hardware store can save you hundreds later on. When you get them out, have extra keys made and store them somewhere safe.

So glad mine came with this
mx5parts.co.uk/boot-release-mk1-25-p-135.html

I’m at mid of nowhere... There are no locksmiths nearby

>"its far too easy to shut your keys in there!"

I actuall have spare keys. I’m around 200 km from home.

Have a family member or friend get your spare keys and bring them.

You utter fucking moron you use duct tape and secure them under the car in a hidden location.

What fucking good does it do to have keys AT HOME?
>namefag
Oh so you're just a downie.

I keep my spare in my wallet

It’s not my car.

you can get into the boot/trunk quite easily.

>Put the roof down
>Put the seats forward
>Un pop the carpet behind the seats and remove it.
>Use a 10mm socket, wrench etc undo all the retaining bolts of the metal bulk head.
>Remove the bulk head (its only a thin piece of sheet metal)
>??????
>WaaLaa, you can now get an arm or stick or piece of wire etc in the trunk.

Well, you clearly have internet access so watch some youtube videos on lock picking. Find some scraps of metal you can turn into picks and a tension wrench.

Actually. Why would you leave the keys inside the car?. That’s dumb aswell

>10mm socket, wrench etc
inb4 they are in the boot

Yeah okay McGuyver. Why don't you find some scraps of rope and hang yourself with your stupid ass ideas.

Why don't you stop being a cheeky cunt and come up with something better

No bro, look for scraps of metal to form a pick and tension bar and then watch youtube videos is obviously the best choice. Or you know call someone to pick you up, then finding a locksmith to assist you tomorrow.

If you have anything key like on you, go ahead and give that a try. If its a stock lock, its probably worn down enough. I know half of chevy trucks from the 90s can be opened up with another key.

Cops/sheriff will sometimes help, depending on the area

>inb4 OP is black

>just bought miata
>can't open locked trunk

don't worry honey, after a week of miata ownership you'll be opening rear ends with ease :^)

Go buy one dumbass

>opening other rear ends
I think you got it backwards. It's his rear that will no longer need effort to pry open.

OP here. Update.
Nothing ive tried has worked so far...

OP here.
I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas
HELP MEEEEEE

real OP here.
I've gotten into the trunk fine, the gayboi I trapped in the trunk is fine now. Thanks!

OP, Im gonna tell you the only way to get into the trunk without the key or an interior release.

You have to drill the lock out, and turn it with a screw drive. Or break the finish panel, and try to reach the rods.

Maybe pop one of the rubber plugs out from the bottom and fish around with a bent coat hanger.

Source- Miata owner who has stripped many miatas and had to deal with similar for other people.

>inb4 hes trayvon martin

Tried to fish around for hours with no result

Then you have the only other two answers. Or have someone bring you a key.

Or if you have a few tools, look online about removing the ignition switch and starting the car that way. Its difficult but can be done, you will also have to break your steering lock as well.

just call a locksmith dingus.

he'll pick it or bump it for you. or use some generic mazda key. literally takes them less than 5 minutes to open or start anything.

This This This
Its you're only hope

Doing that will have your hand running directly into the fuel filler hoses, and the METAL SHIELD that covers them. The other side is a possibility if he has no spare tire in the trunk. If he has a spare, it directly blocks that opening.

Please stop spreading information you know nothing about, we are trying to help OP.

No you're not.
You've been no help at all.

This is the only way into the boot without using the key.
Even with the spare in place you can get a wire or magnet on a stick into the boost.

Why don't you fuck off, or come up with a better idea?
Cunt.

Why would you have spare keys in your own home for someone else's car?

I got the tire problem

Then it sounds like a locksmith or someone bringing you a spare key. Alternately if you are close to a mazda dealer they may be able to cut you a spare key for about $10. As long as the title is in your name.

You'r hilarious if you think you could get the keys out of a Miata like that. What part of there are a tire and plate BLOCKING these paths you don't understand. OP isn't driving a hacked up, stripped out car, he has a factory car with factory pieces.

If he couldn't fish it out from the rubber plug holes, he certainly wont be able to through the sides of the tank.

>this is the only way into the boot without the key.

Not on a 92 miata, it doesnt work like that.
The only answers are to call a locksmith, get a spare key, or drill out the lock. Which i've already stated if this thread, while you just seconded someone else's idea and providing nothing of your own.

>Why don't you fuck off, or come up with a better idea? cunt

I already did, you probably didn't notice over your efforts to seem smarter than everyone..

Why not just buy a new car?

See? I'm smart too!

People like you make me want to walk into a crowded place and do something demonic.

I've never owned a Miata before.
Does the trunk not have some kind of cable or electronic release in the cabin? That's pretty retarded.

In the 90's this was normal

Dis nigga tryna steal a car

>You'r hilarious if you think you could get the keys out of a Miata like that. What part of there are a tire and plate BLOCKING these paths you don't understand. OP isn't driving a hacked up, stripped out car, he has a factory car with factory pieces.
Well then he's fucked. That's it. Let all go home folks it's over.

I thought the 92 miatas and up have the trunk release in the center console...?

That didn't start until 94 officially, but it is a common swap into the earlier cars. Mine had it swapped in before I got it, its a 93.

>I'm mad, the post.

OP Have you had any luck?

Next time keep a spare that doesn't have any plastic and shit on it in your billfold, oh and AAA