/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

>Mods, modding guides, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg

>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/GG0z8BZU (embed)
>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>TES:O?
Find or create a /tesog/ thread.

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Elder Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fw3g_N1jcZQ
nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/622249/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

harmony and shit

Mods like those would absolutely cripple your framerate and system no matter how godly your rig is. Skyrim is incredibly unoptimized when it comes those kind of mods.

the mod wish or etac/jk merge mod?

if the former, duh
thats why it's a wish

this game was made for console first in mind.

We'll never get the freedom

I cant even imagine how terrible that would strain the game.

ded

>all these things to clean from default files

is this normal? running strong with just about 175 mods. should i 'clean' default files like dawnguard?

Sometimes, dead is betta

yes you clean the masters.

But sleeping

Yes user, clean them.

Yes. Its essential.

youtube.com/watch?v=fw3g_N1jcZQ

Who would win in an all out race war?

thanks, will do. so far my only crashes seem to be when i tab in and out to much or just launching the game which i think is my enb (nlva). maybe every 1/15 loads that just craps out and crashes. but its basically rock solid if you dont hit that. maybe this will help even more.

You mean just straight combat? Or magic use?

Ever try borderless? If you are tabbing in and out too much could be a better option for you.

The Dunmer

im new to enbs but i just checked my local ini and see
[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false

changed the fullscreen to true and tabbed out, thats a ton better. good tip.

No problem! Enjoy!

>have around 100 mods
>game runs fine with occasional ctd like once in 2 hours
>install one more mod
>start a game
>works
>play for few hours
>it freezes few times in the meantime but meh
>freezes on fast travel to riften
>apparently all 4 of my previous saves on this toon are now broken and cause ctd on loading screen
>four saves I've already loaded before

This game is so full of bullshit now.

your dumb

Itss not the games fault, its yours for installing a save that prolly fucked the game up.

>toon
You deserved it.

mod**

just for fun, what mod was it? I mean no armor mod or texture mod would do it, so what was it?

>toon

So I just did that, and I decided to delete everything from my override folder to see what would happen, and now they are all gone from my list in MO.

>toon

Why do you people say this? It's character, not toon.

Vampires ofc. For one thing, unlike most armies, you don't have to worry about finding water for your soldiers to drink. Also, even the lowest ranking vampires have night vision and immunity to cold, which means that they would be very deadly when it comes to night raids and surprise attacks.

Okay, I don't know if conventional warfare methods work on the TES universe.

so basically what im saying is, halp how do i undelete from overwrite?

'toon' has been obvious b8 for like 4 months now

can you even rule a stable vampire empire? who wants to live under bloodsuckers who treat you and your family as food? there would be peasant rebellions all over the place.

Ha, clearly you haven't played Total War: Warhammer my friend! And neither have I, I just watched some gameplay videos.

You don't rule through legitimacy, you rule through fear. And also mass indoctrination.

green booty

literally hitler.

I know this is bait but replying anyway. For one you have to find blood. Blood comes from living people. Living people need food and water. All you've done is replace mortal foods and drinks with blood. The problem isn't solved its just kicked down a rung. Also you need gallons of that shit to have an army of fully vampires which is logistically impossible. Every vampire casualty is impossible to replace because the only way to replace a fallen vampire is to create a new one which does not guarantee loyalty. Also you can't march or fight in the sun effectively, which nullifies any usefulness night movement can provide since mortals just need to carry sources of light and nothing about the dark passively inflicts harm on them. The only way vampires could pose a threat is by using mostly undead as their foot soldiers and that creates the problem of a keystone army where all the mortals have to do is kill the vampires commanding the army and the whole thing crumbles.
The logistics behind a vampire army are as impossible as a werewolf army, which is why they've always been content hiding in caves or blending in to regular society.

forget it, I just did a reverification and redownloaded them, MO picked up on them eventually and I ran the edit outside of MO this time.

>run dyndolod for the first time
>everything is perfect except for the bright turquoise glacier lods
Dammit

You will also never have enough vamp too.

How bright we talking? My glacier LODs have always been a lil bright in sunny weather.

Imperials simply due to their ability to train, arm, supply, and move troops. They control the central province which also happens to produce a bread basket, and they reproduce very quickly. As long as everyone doesn't gang up on them at once and they don't overplay themselves they can strike at any other province, then quickly deploy to a totally different one. Being the physically second weakest human race the Imperials would have to fight smart by attacking provinces while forces are deployed elsewhere, but this entire debate is pointless because the Imperials already proved they can win a war with all of Tamriel. Too often people choose factions based on how strong they are as individual fighters like Nords, Redguards, Argonians or Dunmer while overlooking the more mundane elements to winning a war like location, food, equipment, quality of training and recruiting population.

Really really bright, and vivid, they def don't look like that when I'm up close. Here they are in sunny weather.

This is pretty much like the real thing.

That is brighter than mine in sunny weather but your ENB is also much more vivid than mine. I guess rerun DyndoLOD like you planned to, make sure texgenpas is ran first and be sure it does glacier lods. If it happens again, well im not sure. ENB maybe? Sorry I can't be much more helpful.

The fact that border so many provinces will be their demise. they'll be at war on too many fronts to handle.

What about this? I would attack a few bandit encampments or Stormcloak camps, but instead of slaughtering the inhabitants, my army would enthrall them instead.

That way, not only that you don't have to worry about logistics and raising suspicion from your enemies, but you'll have loyal soldiers and scouts as well. After all, it is very difficult to tell a normal and enthralled human apart unless they are "triggered" by their vampire masters.

You know vampires of each race would be fighting each other as well.

Which is why it's imperative to unite them first before starting a campaign to subjugate and conquer mortals.

SMIM updated

-SMIM'd the Solitude docks meshes to use 3D ropes. They use a custom SMIM texture that fairly closely matches vanilla. The new meshes aren't as complex as the Riften SMIM ropes, but they still look good.
-Added proper green vertex colors to the Solitude docks wood beams where the ropes cover the wood. Almost all docks meshes were edited, including UV mapping improvements.
-Fixed two incorrect end caps on wooden planks on dockstepsdown01.nif and dockstepsdown02.nif.
-Fixed incorrect end caps and improved end caps UV mapping on dockstepsdownend01.nif.
-Improved end caps UV mapping on dockstepsdown01.nif and dockstepsdown02.nif.
-Improved and fixed a bunch of end caps, some were missing, on dockstrent01.nif, dockstrent02.nif, dockstrent03.nif, and dockstrent04.nif. And a few other dock meshes like dockstrsol02.nif.
-Plank UV improvement to remove skewing on dockstrent03.nif. More fixes need on other meshes.
-Removed green vertex colors from the top of dockcolstr01.nif since it usually sticks far out of the water and looks out of place with the green.
-Edited Solitude East Empire Trading Co mesh (seastempireco.nif) to add lower stonework to properly go into the ground in the world. Also edited vertex colors for more consistent green on the stonework. UV improvement on stonework also.
-Various UV and mesh improvements to sbridge01.nif for the Core install. Blocks SBridge01:20 and SBridge01:21 were edited.
-Added Real Roads to Solitude Bridge, revamped the stonework, created entirely new collision to match changes. This installs with the Bridges Real Roads option.
-Fixed ugly UV skewing for mountaincliff02.nif using USLEEP mesh as a base for the Core install.
-Added a high polygon mesh-smoothed version of mountaincliff02.nif to the Rocks Mountains install option. This also has larger UV mapping to increase texture fidelity. There are some stretched UVs still, but that's because of Bethesda's bad work. I'll improve it later probably.

In the opening stages of the war it would probably be best to abandon Leyawiin and re-deploy those troops to hammerfell where they can hold the key entry points into Cyrodiil. Anything past Bravil should be abandoned as a lost cause while the Skyrim and Morrowind approaches to Cyrodiil are small easily defensible mountain passes where the superior formation fighting of the Legions will have a better chance at defending. The greatest threat are the Hammerfell, Valenwood, and Elsweyr approaches to Cyrodiil because they all share long borders with few natural barriers, which is why it is essential that the Hammerfell border cities are taken early into the war. Cyrodiil's greatest weakness is its central location, but that can also function as its greatest strength. By sitting out most of the war and watching how things play out they can decide what ground they want to fight on. They only need to start taking ground once they've weathered the storm and every race in Tamriel will not be gunning exclusively for Cyrodiil. Argonians and Dunmer will be grinding each other into a bloody pulp. Skyrim only has two ways in to Cyrodiil which are those mountain passes, and Hammerfell can be held off at their two border cities.
Its very difficult to intentionally capture the enemy when its on the field of battle. Remember that most military prisoners are targets of opportunity. When you tell your men that they have to take the enemy alive and aren't allowed to go into battle with the intent to only kill, they will be held back by the rules of engagement. The enemy won't have that inhibition.

Youre like that person who chooses some made up answer when faced with a 'would you rather' question

The overall strategy would be very similar to a campaign in Total War Attila. You'd write off the distant English, North African, and Iberian territories and use those men to shore up the defenses around Italy, France and Germany. From there you establish good defenses and build up your forces until you can break out by taking back your old territories. Start with the weakest of the Gallic tribes that moved into former roman lands and eventually wash over them. Also like Total War Attila if the AI decides to gang up on you you're fucked. But there's no guarantee that either will happen.

I want to make a cool barbarian in Skyrim looking like pic related. Any advice for this?

Oh, it doesn't happen in the middle of a war of course, that would be stupid. They are supposed to be used as sleeper cells. The attack would've been launched before the enemy is aware that we are fighting them.

>When you tell your men that they have to take the enemy alive
No need for that. Remember, vampires are exceptional spies, all I need is five or six agents and maybe one powerful warlock to subdue one small camp.

>trying out the Elder Scrolls game
>dude gets lucky drawing three prophecies

B-b-but it doesn't have RNG like hearthstone!!!

>sitting the war out
The empire is too obvious a threat for any on to let that happen. and the moment they turn their eyes away from black marsh, the argonians will jump outta their swamp and push up from the south east. you can't underestimate them, remember the oblivion crisis, these niggas dont play. And forget about invading, Argonian guerilla tactics too strong.

That still doesn't deal with the largest problem of vampire armies. You need to be able to fight in the sun. If you're going to outsource that job to undead you need to find a way to stop the entire army from crumbling when the commanding vampire dies. And if you use thralls as your main body of troops then you're bound to the conventions of mortal troops. They still need to eat, sleep, can't see in the dark, and are a lot harder to replace. Vampires are better off turning the head of state in a normal faction and guiding it to victory. Probably the Bretons.
It would also be impossible to maintain an army of thralls because once the war starts you can't just secretly recruit troops since everyone will know you're at war, which means your army will wither due to attrition over time. And you said it yourself. "Small camp" so you're only going to be able to get a few men out of the deal. Tricks and spying don't end wars. Troops, terrain, logistics, and training do. If you're set on fighting an open war then the best choice would probably be to wait until the war has dragged on and there's corpses everywhere, then storm every province using their own dead as troops and pray to god no one is smart or skilled enough to assassinate your vampire commanders. And even then you run the risk of causing everyone to unite against you because the one thing every nation in Tamriel hates are vampires

What's your routine for going around and making sure everything works in game?

Alright, I want 1 mod that changes an npc's essential status and another that changes an npc's face, any advice for how I combine the two?

That's why you pray the Argonians and Dunmer hate each other more than they hate you. Which they do. And if the Argonians are so dangerous then it won't take much persuading to talk the Dunmer into a temporary alliance against them after the lizards make the ash skins eat dirt for a few battles. No single nation will be able to devote 100% of their troops against another nation. Without accurate population counts for every province you can only assume by size and food production which province will have the most troops, so all Cyrodiil has to do is send men into the Argonian, Khajiit and Bosmer meat grinders. Hamerfell, Skyrim, Morrowind, are all effectively nullified as threats with easily defensible borders, High Rock, Orsinium, and Summerset are all to far away to pose a direct threat, and Elsweyr and Valenwood will probably be content tearing each other's throats out on their own as long as Cyrodiil doesn't provoke them. The lizards are good, but they're only good at fighting. It takes more than just killing to win a war. And you're assuming everyone is on the same page. Lizards try to break through Bravil and what happens? Dunmer attack Stormhold.

It's a card game
There's RNG
If you don't like RNG
Then you don't like card games

So fucking quit it.

Based simply on which directions have natural barriers the easiest ways for every nation to advance means Their strategies will be predictable. Morrowind can only attack south. Skyrim can only attack Hammerfell. High Rock can only attack Hammerfell. Orsinium lol. Valenwood can only attack Elsweyr. Elsweyr can attack Cyrodiil, but then they'd get fucked in the ass by Valenwood, so if Cyrodiil doesn't directly take action against Elsweyr Then the cats will focus on the most immediate threat. Lizards have to directions to advance in, but their great military victories have always been in defensive wars since Black Marsh itself will rise up against invaders. The way to defeat the Argonians is to never attack them and take over the rest of the world, then hit them last. They're also sandwiched between two powerful nations.

Try tsun armor with good textures and some jewelry mod

Another thing I failed to mention is that if you cede southern Nibenay then both the Argonians and Khajiit will be rushing for control of Leyawiin since whoever gets it would be able to take it practically free of effort.

Natural barriers don't mean much when you can make a basic rising force potion for 5 gold. Levitation has to throw one hell of a wrench in primitive warfare concepts.

How many potions would you need to produce to move an entire army though

wtf is this garbage, post some waifus

noones stopping you from posting yours

nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/622249/?

>get mod that changes face
>change essential status manually in CK
It's easy. There's just a checkbox labelled "Essential"

Which is why this is all speculative anyway. There are no census statistics for any of these nations. We don't know if their economies can fund a war. We don't know all these mundane details that could decide the war and that's before even touching the fantastical stuff. Why don't the Redguards just nuke everyone? Why don't the Dunmer just summon an army of daedra? Why don't the nords learn how to control dwemer machines and overrun everyone? We can only guess who would win based on our own world's experience with war. Also the whole "Argonians are the greatest thing" was cool when they were counterattacking oblivion, but their "victory" over the Dunmer was just kicking a man that had already been put down by a volcano. Vvardenfell won that war for them. Even if the Dunmer hadn't been severely crippled by the Red Year, the ash would make it impossible to feed a large army. So yeah the lizards have a good win record, but if they're so great how come they're also known for being slaves? Its like how if Africa and its people are so great how come all we know about them is they make good slaves?

Well as many as people you want to fly. There's a massive advantage for soldiers with ranged weapons like bows or magic. Pretty standard cost, 5g is less than a daily ration

But you gotta consider how long they last. One soldier will probably need multiple. Also is it safe to rely on flimsy magic to move a large number of troops?

Wow, trying to type with onscreen keyboard while lying in bed is tedious enough, but now I keep misreplying

Did I do it reddit?

Baby's first mod.

Accurate as fuck.

No, eye brows too thick and angled upward. Skins too pale. nose is too large and pointy

mouth isn't even close

>if africa is so great why are its people know for being slaves
Dense population speeds up technological advancement

Or are you one of those people who think people are defined by genetics, not their surroundings

>kicking a man while he's down
If you're gonna have the balls to make a neighboring country a slave race, you don't really get to whine when they fuck your shit up when you aren't looking

>you'll never be this autistic

did you- take a photo of your screen?

shitposters are waking up

What poser? I haven't been here in a while.

WTF I hate Mastrius now!?

That's not the point. The point is that the Argonians didn't win that war themselves. Vvardenfell's eruption defeated the Dunmer before the war started. That was the only aggressive war of recent history that the lizards have won. The rest were them defending their home territory, which doesn't qualify them as a world class superpower. Look at Zimbabwe. Never conquered but still shit military.

Anyone having a good time with the card game? It's pretty nice all in all and I haven't gotten bored of playing it yet.

OVERRATED
FUCKING
WEEB
ACTOR

only relevant because neets want to fuck her due to mgs

Imperials best race and province yadda yadda yadda, good night /tesg/

Whats so good about it

Back in the Septim days sure. Now they're shit.

t. scalie who can't think of a reason why his lizards would win other than muh hist

I'm an Imp fan and not a scalie at all.

Empires wax and wane.

literally any race could win if they held cyrodiil, used its resources well and don't overextend. The green niggers could do it

Okay?

So you saying that imperials are the best race is you talking out of your ass

>you thinking I'm stating a fact and not an opinion as an RL!Imp who just really likes their lore

This autism.

imperials are literally almost as shit as orcs, okay?

The empire can't even the elves or a few shitty rebels. They cant do shit without their demigod Tiber Septim and now they've been cucked into forsaking him. The imperials will forever be shit with bland nothing culture and weak scrawny bodies. They cant even magic. Fuck imperials.

K.

>all this flaw projection
The Dunmer can't even one rogue house
The Snowniggers can't even the Reachmen
The Bretons can't even the orcs
The orcs cant even civilization
The Khajiit can't even the drug trade
Imperials are objectively the best race by merit of their achievements and conquering the continent 3 times over.

mfw no one else can Joost better than me.

Imagine if Bethesda had a budget of 1 billion.

>all of Tamriel created in a relative scale of at least 2 times of Skyrim scale
>more detail, quests, locations, creatures and diversity
>an elaborate construction system consisting of individual blocks except them being a lot smaller than in minecraft, making building realistic buildings possible from various materials, or alternatively a separate building mode where you can create the walls like in sims but better
>less shitty melee combat
>an elaborate crafting system
>you can work for gold
>a trading system where you can buy and sell goods and transport them on your own wagon or ship; no exploits like crafting 9000 daggers so you'd have to either work or explore and fight ever stronger enemies and eventually find gold from bosses or sell their epic gear
>the life simulation of the residents is more realistic and they actually trade goods through wagons and ships and farmers move to sell their vegetables etc
>there is an economy consisting of complex algorithms interacting with each other and the player can influence it

I think a reason why Bethesda is postponing elder scrolls 6 is that they are waiting for the next gen consoles as well as trying to create a more comprehensive and complex game in the lines of something above.