/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #394

"Balls of steel" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10863496
strawpoll.me/10863843
strawpoll.me/10871675
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10909518
strawpoll.me/10936261

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
orph.link/lisgsings
youtube.com/watch?v=iU1Ja0_3H38
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If any one loves the world, love for the Father is not in him.

Is there a particular reason why it's still invite only? Server loads?
It's superior to FF.net in every conceivable way, so it makes sense

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

>in every conceivable way
Can't filter out crossovers.

I don't know. I really need to get one though, this story is way too long for pastebin.

>There are currently 3825 people on the waiting list. We are sending out 1500 invitations per day.
Well you'll get one in 2-3 days.

Here's one for you /lesg/.

I've had a profile there for like 2 years and never really used it much, but damn if I'm not inspired to write something for LiS
I take it there is a pretty healthy fic community, complete with the standard gems and cancers

I'm mainly using it as a backup for what I write here because on pastebin it's a mess trying to read and edit on their shitty mobile site. Just need to figure out how I'm going to use the chapter system with my fic.

You should write stuff though, it'd be nice to have more content here.

WOWSERS :O
That looks hella great!

I needed that after I woke up, went through the last thread, and saw some Bay shitter trolling/ being wrong. I really wish I would stop waking up to that.

Those freckles. Hnng.

Since everyone is always bashing on fappers who post lewd, my opinion is that overt sex acts are a no-no, but I don't see a problem with pricefield making out nude with clear indications of love rather than lust. And this is a blue board ofc

>Best girl with worst Pokemon

There is nothing wrong with Eevee

Should I play this game or just watch gameplay videos? Since it's so story driven, I don't think I'll be winning much from playing it, and it's also really fucking expensive.

The first episode is free on Steam. It isn't as great as the other episodes (barring 5) but it will give you a good idea of what you can expect.

Play it. Episode 1 is free. And its worth the cost of season pass.

I want to hug Max.

I don't want to play something incomplete, then realize I want to play the rest, but I can't because I don't have the money.

Whatever, I'll just wait for a season pass sale.

Thanks, enjoy your thread.

You could pirate the other episodes and pick it up on a sale.

We all do.

>Since it's so story driven, I don't think I'll be winning much from playing it,
So you'd rather trust some morons who do it for youtube views and miss every detail in the process, not to mention half of them probably doesn't even know there's a journal in the game?

But no hugs for Warryn

I'm not sure about that, it's weird buying something you already played. And I don't like piracy, specially since I'm a software developer, and I'm also learning how to make games.

People buy the games they pirate to support development. By the time episode 5 came out they were pretty hurting for cash from what I heard. Buying the game helps them make the sequel we're all dying to get.

They most likely had a fixed budget.
I'm not the expert when it comes to publishing deals, tho.

I'd hug probably every girl in the game, but the only guys I'd even consider would be William and Frank (He'd probably find it gay)

"Watching the gameplay videos" strips the game of nearly all its impact.
LiS exists in a strange paradoxical situation: on one hand, the 'gameplay' is irrelevant and the last thing you are worried about when going through it. On the other hand, if it were a film, even an 'interactive film' where you could choose the responses in conversations as they came up on screen, you'd get no taste of the immersion and agency you have when just wandering around in the speed and directions you want, focusing at will on any random objects that interest you. When this immersion is disconnected, the consequences of Max's actions in the game are very easy to distance yourself from.

I was just referencing the decision where you can either kiss him, hug him, or tell him to fuck off, in which I hope everyone did the last option.
Honestly all of the major male characters but Warren and Jefferson deserve a hug. Even David.

David is a good guy.

Understandable.

I've bought the game 3 times (original copy, copy for a friend and the deluxe edition), but if a person is strapped for cash I won't look down on them for pirating.

When I played the game I left Warren, but a hug wouldn't have been bad. It's not really sending any mixed messages and he was helping Max immensely. Or at least making her job of saving Chloe a lot less complicated (She would have been able to do it without the photo but it would have taken longer).

As much as Jeffershit deserved this. David did not deserve to hear about Chloe. Even if it was going to be undone. Plus Jefferson rotting in solitary confinement for the rest of his life is fitting.

Chloe is a good cook!

Chloe would burn toast!

>hug wouldn't have been bad. It's not really sending any mixed messages
>"She hugged me so she must like me! Maybe she wants the little Warren!"
You know he'd think that.

I think by that point he knows pretty well that Max's feelings are for Chloe and not him. He even says he knows she came for Chloe and doesn't say anything bad to her.
Plus even if you hug him he's only going to remember it for a few seconds. So it' just a gesture that serves in that moment as a thank you.

Hello everyone!

We (a bunch of regulars and ex regulars) are organizing a /lisg/ sings. The song we are going to be singing is Glass walls.
As you may know the song has male and female parts. You can either do both or pick one.
Here is a download with the lyrics and the song: orph.link/lisgsings

>How do I record this?
Use Audacity or something, there are plenty of programs that do this. If you don’t have a mic just use your phone.
Try singing the whole song in 1 go, you can leave out the male or female part depending on which you do. This makes it easier to edit. If you want to do both just record it twice.
Make sure it is JUST YOUR VOICE. No song in the background.

>Okay how do I send in my files?
Email your files to [email protected]
You can add them in the attachment or upload them somewhere where the files can be downloaded from. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.

>When is the deadline
You can send in your files till the 15th of August.
If you’re a little later it’s not too bad, the editing won’t start right away but try to do it before then.

>I can’t sing!!!
No one gives a shit, it’s just for fun. Try to join when you can!

>He even says he knows she came for Chloe
It's a cry for attention and a common tactic among beta phags.
I should know.

In her defense, some toasters can burn the bread really quickly if the setting is cranked all the way up.

I can attest to this. I have burned a few toasts in my life.

At least Max can always rewind if she makes a little mistake. Like when she spilled the soda on her papers and Kate's book
>Begone, foul soft drink!

In a household with several picky people, it's real easy to have the toaster settings just randomly set from whoever used it last. If you get into a routine with your toast, it's easy to fug it up if someone uses it outside the routine.

I also once owned a toaster where the latch was broken and wouldn't stay down. It just meant that I'd stand there for a minute or two holding it down, no huge deal. My flatmate, on the other hand, would get a rubber band to hold it down ... and would sometimes forget about it. Without the internal mechanism automatically being able to pop the bread ... well, extremely super burnt toast!

You know what they say... All toasterstoast toast.

It wasn't her fault! It was the sneaky book's, clearly!

Indeed. Definitely the book's fault. There's no way Max is slightly clumsy or anything
*Sound of something shattering background*

*Muffled "Oh dog, not again!" from the room over*

To destroy something else, that is.

Ok, let's cut her some slack. After throwing David's files into oil (who even leaves a puddle of oil in their garage?! - It's his fault!) and crashing Chloe's snow globe, Max learns and accounts for her clumsiness. Like when she uses the chair to get the chlorate. She is, essentially, playing things out and rewinding them in her mind!

She does learn pretty quickly to be cautious when reaching for objects on top of things or when there's a pill hazard.
Can't fault her too much if she learns from her mistakes. Same for Chloe and her initial tendency to do some very stupid things.

That one is probably my favorite of the ones Youngchosugar has done. It's simple but the scene, motion, and outfits are great.
Just a little happy moment between the two and a new milestone in their life together.

I love lis.

And Chloe will be happy to aid Max in her quests of reaching high-up objects (like so , for example), just as much as Max helps Chloe refrain from doing stupid things (just by virtue of being there... and a few rewinds here or there). Well, lethally stupid things anyway. Some stupid things are great fun, just like some clumsiness is too.

On the topic of learning: Out and about in Arcadia for a coffee or something, Chloe learns (the painful way) how pretty Max also is with her hair up (painful because she had to restrain herself from devouring Max for the whole afternoon).

Max looks great with her hair up. Hella cute. Pic related is probably my favorite picture of Max. Chloe would have to restrain herself from attacking Max's exposed neck. At least in public.

On a somewhat more serious note, it's true how much Max and Chloe even each other out. It's definitely not one having to be entirely dependent on the other. It's mutually supportive and they empower each other. We now they can survive apart, but they thrive together.

That's Dana's hair, isn't it?

They compliment each other so well. "The wonder twins" - fitting perfectly back together like the two broken-apart pieces that they were. ...With some of the edges they developed in their time apart having to be adjusted for.

On the topic of clumsiness and "stupid" things: Returning from that afternoon, Max realized she had forgotten her dorm key in Chloe's truck. Was Chloe walking all the fucking way back and wait another 10 minutes before she could start to attack Max's neck? Hella not. So that's how they ended up in Victoria's room.

Not exactly. Maybe it served as the base.

I'm sure Victoria was out with Kate or something. As long as they don't dishevel the room, Vic will never know they were in there.

Or they could leave their mark. Mess with the furniture, leave silly notes on the mirror, leave a selfie of the two of them sticking their tongues out, and take back whatever cookies Victoria took.
Only problem is when Victoria gets back and sees, she will want payback.

Chloe probably steals a cookie on their way out... but it's not like they weren't Max's in the first place. And Vic knows better than to bite the hand that feeds her cookies. (Max supplies her with cookies. Whenever the drama queen comes out again, Max gives her one. Or Kate, who has a pack of emergency cookies in her bag. The emergency cookies Max bakes herself - very high anti-diva potency, because they are baked with pure love and kindness! ...And sometimes a tiny bit of weed thanks to Chloe helping Max out. They did learn that weed sends Vic right onto the floor and into non-threatening ponderings of the meaning of bullet necklaces, after all.)

Weed might be a little excessive, she probably just needs Kate around her to calm her down. Maybe bring Alice over. Nobody can stay mad when holding/ petting a bunny.

I just saw one of my favourite gaming communities die over the last month. I hope you won't die, right /lisg/?

Right, user.

Don't worry. We have the upcoming series and then S2 to wait for.

We'll be ok user.

I hope

Which one?

How did they end up in that position in the first place?

We're never leaving you.

Not that hard to imagine
>Something starts a tickle fight
>There's a few light pecks and laughing
>Max keeps trying to tickle Chloe
>Chloe grabs Max's wrists and walks her backwards
>Max falls back over the bed and Chloe goes with her
>They have now arrived at that position
And I'm sure you can guess where things are going next.

H-hey, Max, lie down, I wanna show you something.

What does she want to show her?

Good time.

She's been reading up on how to give massages

They've made it clear that S2 won't be engaging with any extant characters, so the best we can hope for is a Fargo-esque seasonal anthology in the same region.
Surely they could pull off something great, but I don't think it's cynical to doubt the relevancy to the fandom as it exists now

Guys. Live action is coming for sure but the casting isn't done yet.

Who would you want to play the characters we so love?

I'm gonna post some memes.

>with any extant characters
Not true. Also, they will change their minds after Vampyr doesn't get bought by anyone

They said it will have a new cast, but there could be cameos and references. Even so. I have no problem getting to know and like new characters (Though Max and Chloe will almost assuredly still be my favorites). Dontnod can create setting and characters, the most work needs to be done on story so I hope S2 puts more effort into that to make an overall more rounded experience.

I'm hoping the live action is either a new set of characters or a prequel focusing on the side characters. Maybe something about Rachel and the time before her disappearance.
I really do not trust anyone to do Max and Chloe justice in live action roles.
Although it would be funny to cast Ashly Burch as Max and Hannah Telle as Chloe.

I was listening to Ahley Burch sing and I started crying cause it sounded like Chloe having a good time. It broke my heart again.

XD I love this one.

So what happens if you write max was here in the junkyard?

Depends on your imagination:)

When you return to the junkyard the names are crossed out, Max's included.

X--D

I hope so anons :)

Nothing on here, it was just an irrelevant TF2 community. Full of kids but I made loads of friends there.

Oh lord, I have too much spurdo, but this is my favourite.

I know. I love her voice.
youtube.com/watch?v=iU1Ja0_3H38

I want to imagine Chloe singing in the shower, and Max just listening to how good she is. Or for her to sing to Max when she's having a nightmare/ scared as a way to bring her back to a calm sleep.