/scg/, /edg/, /nmsg/: Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky General

Thread #5: Forever together edition

>What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/UNEJYGHp
-----------------------------------------------------------
>No Man's Sky
>Being more than a FOTM game
Feel free to talk about it here though. They seem to have a general of their own but it's mostly for /v/ shitposting containment.

>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14989-MISC-Endeavor-Q-A-Part-2
youtube.com/watch?v=KlNldjFmjvw
youtu.be/doEwWzMz99A
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_YEgwd58k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Brabo did nothing wrong.

>left nmsg in

for what purpose

reposting

>3 fighters for an Idris
retard detected.

Bring 9 of them, but have it so that they swap out every now and then for refueling or ammo. Honestly, this can work with 12 if you guys are truly organized. An issue I have with CIG's decision on carrier shit is that they have a hard limit of 3 ships for the Idris. This can be 3 massive Superhornets to fill the whole space, or 3 tiny m50s. I hope they make it so that "whatever fits can land" so that being able to carry a massive amount of m50 for swarm tactics is viable.

Fair point. Looks like it's too late though

NMS has a general now, restart with a new OP.

>retard
You realise the current limit for fighters in the Idris is three, right? Unless they remove the forced limit like they have on the Endeavor it's three, otherwise we'll be filling it to the brim with 28 mini fighters

/nmsg/ still in

Don't worry. Containment thread still exists.

Then it already has a general, remove it you autistic fuck, like another user said it's just a beacon for lost shitposters.

Next thread, assuming I'm OP again, I'll remove No Man's Sky from the OP.

It can land 3 fighters, but you can have 6, or really however many others, tag along. When they need fuel, you have your 3 landed fighters take a flight shift and the other fuel up, get ammo, repair, whatever they need. If you think 3 fighters is enough for any kind of Idris, you're dumb. If they keep with the hard limit of 3 fighters per ship, rotating them is the only way to efficiently go about being a carrier.

user, you don't understand the concept of containment threads do you? It's okay, reddit is easier to understand.

I didn't make the OP. Pretty sure /v/ will ignore this though once they see the NMS logo.
Sweet as dude

>exit station
>target obscured by planet
>prepare to supercruise
>all of a sudden target clear
>fuck it

You can't jump or quantum with more than 3 fighters currently, the only point in carrying around fighters rather than just flying with them is because you can carry then protected then deploy them before attacking. It's absolutely retarded to overfill a ship then fly it around unable to even quantum.

>You can't jump or quantum with more than 3 fighters currently

Why not?

Because that's how cig currently have it artifically limited

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14989-MISC-Endeavor-Q-A-Part-2

Why so much heat sink?

Containment threads/boards don't work if you allow their content explicitly in the threads you are trying to keep free of them. Might as well make the next thread

/scg/, /edg/, /mlp/, /utg/

smuggling build I guess. I use it for trading too

>can't load up an Idris with 30 Merlins
God damn it

Hmm, makes sense.

Gameplay wise it would be bad balance to let folks just load up on dozens of ships just because the space allowed it.

user, you aren't able to get this do you? The /v/ shit posters just see the NMS logo and click on it rather than this thread, the NMS thread then contains the shitposters there. You understand reading comprehension right user?

I'm making my statements with logical assumptions on how the group mechanics would have to work to effectively support org play. Here's a situation: let's assume you and your organization have 16 ships to move to another system for whatever reason. 1 Idris, 15 Gladii (for simplicity sake). The idris can only have 3 of them landed inside due to hard limit (even though it looks like it can hold 6). Okay, so when you need to Qdrive to another planet, the fighters Qdrive first and the Idris Qdrive last. They all arrive and continue. When the fighters need fuel, they take turns landing and refueling. When they need to go to another system, if CIG intends for any kind of multiplayer in this game, there would be a system for them all to jump together, similar to EVE, so that they all arrive in the same instance.

Rotating ships isn't that complicated. You work around the hard limit by having ships take turns landed.

arbitrary limit.

>implying /v/ will see past the logo
See how this thread goes, user. Since I made the /nmsg/ all the shitposting in here stopped. You'll be fine.

I hope you anons are right, but I'm skeptical. I just want a nice comfy space games general. Once /v/ gets bored of NMS I'm sure it'll be fine to share a general.

You'll see. Every new, hyped game is the same. /v/ leaks for a few days then gets bored and moves on. Your thread will be comfy again soon.

Right, no reason we should invite the torrent of shit onto ourselves is all I'm saying.

I backed SC a couple of years ago now but I haven’t really paid attention to it for a while. Have they made any real progress? Is this shit ever going to come out? Are people still buying jpegs of ships for hundreds of dollars?

>fine to share a general

As long as we don't have legitimate shill retardation saying shit like "You just don't get it man"

Does google just not exist for a majority of humanity?

Yes, one day, and yes.

Here's a tip from someone who's been watching the development the whole time: forget about it for another year. I wish I could. It makes the wait a lot easier.

youtube.com/watch?v=KlNldjFmjvw

Here you go user, this is everything available in a quick viewing format.

tfw shitty pilot
Who /noncombat/ here?

You just don't get it man. 18 quintillion.

I just realized I bought Starmade a while ago.
Is it worth an install?

>bought Starmade
What? Last time I checked it was free on their website.

Uh kind of?

It's fun for a short time.

I just wanna race.

youtu.be/doEwWzMz99A

As I said in the actual general, it's going to be bad probably for today and the next few days, but I'm wagering that it'll calm down by PC release where it'll have mostly people who are getting it for PC and people who are skeptical but actually want to discuss the PC release to see if they want to buy the PC release if at all. Give it time but I think sharing a general with this one would be foolish, the game just released and we're going to end up flooding this general with NMS discussion and leftover mega autist shitposters that may linger for a week or more.

If you're a shitty pilot then you just need to be a gunner, melt that Orion for a Reclaimer and turn it into a autogun boat

Thanks.

If you like building your own ships and stations, then yes.
Also

>/svgg/

Guess I'm going to need to update my list with categories now

>Space Sim
>Voxel Based Space
>Etc

My autism was spiked with this carrier conversation

Can fleet play or general Idris usage be more viable with something like a small refueling ship? Fuel seems like it's going to be an issue for traveling when an Idris can go forever without refueling but its fighters can only go through 1 or 2 max. So, if CIG makes a ~25m refueling ship as sort of a beginning into a fueling career (rather than having to start and end your progression with a massive Starfarer) much like how they have the Prospector for beginner mining, you could very well have 3 of them on board an Idris, have them come out to refuel a large compliment of fighters, and then come back and land to get their fuel back to repeat in the next star system. You can probably have NPCs do that job too.

/autism

Or he can be a miner? Sitting in a turret is an AI job. It looks boring as fuck for people who don't RP.

I can see SC fuel rats already

>I can see SC fuel rats already

I can see it actually being a way to earn some cash instead of silly RP.

See in SC you can actually pay other folks money for services.

>See in SC you can actually pay other folks money for services

I know...

I never understood why they don't allow that in Elite.

It could create actual emergent gameplay.

dads

their main argument is that a noob could get donated a whole bunch of money and they crash their expensive ship and then complain on the forums,or that they'd "skip the game" or some shit

thing is the dads are the ones flying without rebuy 90% of the time they they complain when they get destroyed by a player or a NPC

The dads think that if actual player trading is allowed chinese bots will start taking over the game.

dads are fucking retarded

Oh shit user I see it now, a small cargoship conversion that can't gather fuel but can pick it up and travel out to sell it at profit via a small refueling dock.

You're telling us.

i'm not sure the hatred against the fuel rats is warranted. they are dads just like all the other dads, except they went and did something outside the narrative of the game. in a game where you have no inventory and you can't give money to other players, you have no reason to help other players, these dads went out of their way to help other dads with their fuel problems not because this was a legit form of game progression but rather because they could.

the anger clearly stems from how frontier, even when faced with this prime example of what sort of player-player interactions the dads WANT from the game, still refuse to deliver on the potential of the game. it's so painful to have to watch these dads go out of their way to do things completely unsupported by game mechanics even when it means they have to resort to roleplaying just because there's some vague fear that player-player interactions will be abused or what have you.

>dad
I'm unfamiliar with this meme. Explain please?

>review of a pizza

anyone else played star trek online? kind of sucks those cryptic jews never cared about PVP.

old geezers who played the original elite in the 80's and believe that was the pinnacle of game design

>star trek online?

Preordered it played through the year of no content. Played some more years after that. Eventually lost interest.

>small refueling ship
Probably not your definition of small, but the Crucible is supposed to be able to do that. I really hope they don't fuck it up. It sounds like the ideal support ship.

Not yet, but some day.

Sort of. I was thinking of a dedicated fueling design. Basically: the starfarer at a much smaller scale, so 25 meters, that way 3 can fit in an Idris hangar. It would make sense for it to have fuel scoops to offer the full career potential. I think the Hull C and above have what you're referring to.

It would be pretty cool honestly. With that you could make fleet gameplay viable. I want to see the fleet strategies go into play some day. But I'm still salty over the hard limit for carrier ships. They said that future tech may be able to remove the hard limit, but for now it stays.

>not allowed to fill an Idris with m50s like last thread to BTFO everything and everyone
>not able to load a million dragonflys for literal swarm gameplay
why even live

People's over-reliance on them probably draws some ire. As long as they don't bitch about people "not playing the way they approve", they're fine in my mind. Those are the only people that I truly hate.

I want Lakon spaceways to do Alliance ships so we can have Alliance DBS (2S 2M 1L lol) and a combat oriented Alliance Type 7 (1H 3L)

You're right, the Fuel Rats should be commended for thinking out of the box in a game that usually slaps you down hard if you even think about playing the game in ways the designers didn't envision.

The crucible is literally the best support ship in the game, but when it pertains to lugging it around for space combat, it doesn't seem ideal. With my current understanding of the Idris, it can repair rearm and refuel ships it carries. You won't need to rearm anything but missiles since any non-retard would have their fighter compliment use only energy weapons. Repair needs to be done only after a battle, so not very frequently, but refueling needs to be done twice every system.

I don't know. I'm just spitting out my autistic thoughts into the thread. They're nice ideas, but so is the most of Star Citizen for now.

>but refueling needs to be done twice every system.

mistake on my implication, but meant to say frequently, or at least twice every system.

you'd just get an Alliance Asp

it would have 420m/s boost speed

Elite: Dadgerous; screenshot simulator

>any non-retard would have their fighter compliment use only energy weapons
If energy weapons worked properly. Right now (and for the past patches) ballistics have been ridiculously op compared to energy weapons. They definitely need to fix that sooner than later.

>No Man's Sky
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_YEgwd58k

Ballistics are supposed to be better. They punch through shields with damage reduction and hit the hull, and eventually hit components. Yes, some balance is needed, but consider this: in a full scale universe that SC plans to be, running out of ammo in the middle of bumfuck nowhere is basically death. I've run out of ammo countless times in AC and simply killed myself to get back ammo, but that's TDM. It's not a viable tactic in PU since ammo restoration could be 3 planets away, or no where if you're star system a shit. Energy weapons, on the other hand, work so long as your ship has energy, so basically forever. They have a problem with overheating, but any good pilot knows how to deal with that.

This is hypothetical, but if an idris has 4 "hardware resupply" slots, you could very well fill them all with missiles instead of ammo that runs out very quickly when they could all just not be space shitters and watch their energy weapon heating. They won't punch through hulls until they get down the shields but for the long run it's the superior choice in my opinion.

me and my autism made something

Out of all the things you could hate about NMS, I think what I hate the most are the disgusting pastel colours.

Yeah, sure. And I agree. But they definitely need to work on the balance. Right now ballistics are so much stronger that the ammo limitation just isn't enough of a drawback. Ships smaller than the Hornet or Sabre running energy weapons just aren't viable because they are unable to even get through shields properly.

Might as well post here.

So why is the combat in Elite so bland? Outside of turning radius the ships I fight and fly don't really feel different and it always seems to end in a turning contest.

Have flight sims and energy fighting spoiled me?

yes

use FAOFF to spice things up I guess

>it really just was a newgame+

HHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

That just makes the ship wobble a lot for me and effectively useless. Any trick to it?

The entire point of a carrier is to refuel and rearm fighters.

If you're stuffing refuelling ships into an Idris all you're doing is making a Starfarer but worse

throttle and thruster control, aka git gud

listen to eurobeat and go do strafing drifting runs with your gunship/conda/Type 9

it's the yaw speed

if you could realistically maneuver the ships i have a nagging suspicion that it'd actually make flying ships more fun, but muh ww2 fighter combat i guess

can't have dads accidentally yaw too much and crash into an asteroid or whatever the fuck the reason is they made flying so fucking boring

But WW2 combat is interesting this is flying a Zero in space against other Zeroes and noone can run or do fuck all but turn once the fight started.

Missiles any good? Havent bothered with those last time I played.

>eurobeat
Well at least we have the same shittaste.

ED: why you no have turrets be good and only exist for huge mounts so that big ships are more like big ships?

I just want BVR combat

today a fighter jet can lock on and missile a target that's over 50 miles away, why the fuck not in 3302? Also all ships need to be significantly faster. Like even the Type 9 should be able to hit 1km/s in boost

>mfw I can visually identify ships before my ship's computer and sensors can.

in the fucking 34th century, ain't that a shame

Can't have a capship sim user. No clue why but you can't.

I wouldn't mind some really basic DCS BVR. I love WW2 shit but Elite took the non fun parts of it. You can't have no energy management and expect it to be anything but a turnfest.

>not throwing your battleconda around like a sack of potatoes in FAOFF and unloading waves of missiles on the enemy

What's an energy management.

Here's the difference: Starfarers can't fit inside an Idris. they would have to tag along behind the commanding ship, so it would be a prime target for enemies to shoot at. This means you'd have to dedicate resources to protecting another a large ship, an easily destroyable one at that. Not only that, but I think currently it can only refuel one ship at a time anyway. The point of having 3 smaller refueling ships is for drastically reducing the time it takes to refuel, and they can be protected effortlessly inside of the Idris. If CIG actually makes their goal of tons of people in the same area (hundreds of people and NPCs across multiple servers working together) then large battlegroups will need this.

If a very large, hypothetical group had 31 ships (1 capital, 3 refuelers, 27 fighters; 9 squadrons of 3 fighters) you can set it up so that when refueling time comes around, the ship tenders come out and have squadrons refuel in a pre set order. Certain sqauds get allocated to specific refueler ships, and the others go into the hangar to refuel. An operation that would've taken a long time can be done much faster since there are now 4 places to refuel. I take particular note to refueling because, as stated before, fuel is needed in every system, so being able to reduce the time it takes to do mundane shit is essential to efficient operations.

How fast you are going or how high up you are and trading between altitude/distance and speed in a fight.

Inertia might be the word.

It's a thing for flight sims and all of course so really only partially applicable. But if you're gonna do dogfights and remove this kind of "mechanic" the fights get really boring.

Starfarer Gemini's are designed to take punishment, unlike piddly little refuellers.

>Starfarer Gemini's are designed to take punishment
They really need to up the shields on larger shields. Maybe that's just the Starfarerfag in me talking, but right now even a single fighter can down the shields in seconds and destroy the thing without too much effort.
also it's fucking ugly compared to the regular Starfarer

>larger shields
I'm apparently retarded. Larger ships of course.

It looks like someone glued a football helmet to a box and added some balls on a string at the back. The interior is comfy though, I give them that.

>still bound to be focused by enemies
>still needing resources to defend
>still can only refuel one at a time rather than 3 separate refueling stations

no. And the strength of the small refuellers is irrelevant because they are non-combatants. They won't see combat since they will sit in the hangar until they're needed. Never ever let logistical vehicles see combat, never ever bet on their defensive capabilities in large scale warfare.

Have they even implemented the Large shield set yet? I don't think they have. I'm sure they will when other large ships come about, but currently small shields and medium shields are here because 95% of the ships we currently have use small and medium equipment.

Hey, elite fags, is it more cost effective to load your sothisconda with 200ly worth of fuel and only refuel once, or leave it for cargo space and refuel at pretty much every star?

I don't think so. Stuff like reworked shields and the ballistic penetration/armor system have been right around the corner for like 1,5 years now.

if you gotta get a fuel tank they get 400+ LY range. What you're describing is the worst of both worlds

Your Vulture needs to go on a diet.