What is your purpose in life?

What is your purpose in life?

You pass butter

To meme

Live to old age, have a family that gives me grandchildren, be kind to people, try to do something that contributes to advancing society but that would simply be cherry on top

when you're close to death, it changes how you feel about life. I'm not close to death, but I thought that I was for a couple of weeks and I learned a lot about myself in that time. I'm an atheist, but after my experience of even thinking that I may die, I don't mind death nearly as much as I did.

The fact that you're alive at all right now is a miracle. You are very lucky, and are owed nothing. You should be glad that you woke up today and got the chance to experience life for another day.

Being asleep or dead isn't that big of a deal, but since you're here, you should make the most of the life you have and I don't mean that in some nihilistic way.

Reach the Abstract.

Create something beautiful

To not give a fuck.

To eat ass

To crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

You have to make your own.

To suffer

Finding a purpose.

To soak up information of all things. That why I frequent this website.

If I won't have a blonde wife and blonde children, I won't have wife and children at all. I've decided upon that. My current gf is blonde but she has not blue eyes, so it's good, albeit not ideal.

With regards to career, I'm all set. I'll contribute to the economy and shit, be an upstanding citizen and pay taxes so politicians can do things with my money, such as feeding neets and blacks.

I also would like to write a book.

>Wants to get as much information as possible
>Frequents Veeky Forums

Top kek.

No clue, never had an idea. Just wandering through life letting other decide where I go. Sucks

Essentially this.

Top tier humor

To live, to protect my family (my parents are getting old and I'm a single child), and then to die alone (because the only friends I have is my parents).

Faggot

>procreating
Pretty disgusting senpai.

>dat boi possi beard

i've spent my life doing and seeing the most amazing things - alone.

driving cross-country, travelling the world, long walks into off-the-path locations, bike tours on my mountainbike, discovering the most beautiful and inspiring things, ratcheting-up accomplishments and memories, appreciating the world and the people in it - but always alone.

i'm inspired and motivated by all the beauty in the world, but not by my loneliness. my purpose in life is to finally have someone to share all this with. that would be great.

Heartwarming. I hope to do the same with a wife who appreciates life

lmao faggot. I bet you have a blog too

FUQQ BISHES GET MONIS

Baneposting

i most certainly do not

>>OP

You'll find her. My boyfriend/toomanythings actually sounds a lot like you. And he uh... not to toot my own horn but says I'm exactly what he had always wanted and how he felt with me is how he always wanted to feel even with his high school sweetheart ex-wife... so... you'll find her. Just keep an eye out

Fuck me that was to be a reply not a recap of something op didn't say... sorry... I'm new... and leaving...

Sorry...

Batsecs

to

to not kill myself

I want to become a world champion boxer.

I've given up my past life of drug use, dealing (some pot here and there), fast food eating and general unhealthiness and do nothing but train and browse Veeky Forums and see wtf y'all niggas talking about..

That's my purpose in life.

I don't think we have a purpose. I think we just happen to be here and have to decide what to do with it. I've decided to try and produce as much happiness for other people as I can.

become dictator of my country and hten eventually the world

Hows that coming along

To reach a new level of shit posting not known to the plebeian masses.

Wish me luck.

i am not telling you about my secret masterplan you dirty american spy

To find truth

I'm not an American spy I'm just your average anonymous Veeky Forums poster.
Please, tell me your story.

Find and marry a qt 3.14 and intellectual girl who can bear three beatiful children.

Move out of the city and die of old age.

To fulfill the God's will.

well i have always been convinced that i should go unite my people and save the world, that this is my purpose in life
which is ridiculous
but i decided to unironically go along with it anyway, because i honestly cannot think of anything else to do

i'm still not telling you how though
>I'm just your average anonymous Veeky Forums poster.
uh huh
that's exactly what an american spy would say
guards, seize this man

Which God, and what is his will?

>will
So god is basically a human, then. Which means we created it.

achieve as much as I can before I die

such as....

>Live to old age, have a family that gives me grandchildren, be kind to people, try to do something that contributes to advancing society but that would simply be cherry on top
yes hedonism is what normies are and cling to

You will learn it, in time

hypocrite

To be remembered by mankind.

Faggot

To remain true to my soul.

(Which basically means I can do whatever I want as long as I delude myself into believing it is "me").

>implying there's such a thing as free will

I have no purpose in life.

I was an unplanned bastard child who is deeply scarred by a dysfunctional and split family during my most vulnerable moment in childhood, leaving me permanently depressed, borderline suicidal, and genuinely introverted. Up to this day this has plagued my daily existence. I have no future nor any desire to live.

I am a cancer to the earth.

Well if I'm just a result of my brains synapses firing and chemicals flowing around then I also have some ability to have religious experiences which means the brain evolved to have spirituality be a large focus in a humans life.

If you're so sure that you're just a product of an evolved brains chemicals and electrical impulses then you are also aware that your brain has the ability to look back on itself, which proves it's not your brain but your soul or consciousness.

eric?

To do everything and nothing, to know all and to be ignorant, to see what my eyes don't show me.

To try and write the next Great American Novel, fail miserably, and fall back on trying to contribute to science in the misguided attempt to try and get a Nobel Prize.

Or try and write a series of history books. Not that they'd get published, but they'd be written.

stop

I'm so fucking tired of this fucking question. People are so retarded. You hand them a zero and a one and they always ask you "which number's the evil one?" as though that weren't imposing a false dichotomy. People keep creating categories and identifying the traits that belong in them afterward instead of beforehand.

People who need to find the "one real purpose" are no better than people who want guides to go through games that don't even have failure states. It's like you fucking regret having free will or something. Maybe there's no "true-route" "best-girl" and you should just play the fucking game. Writing a rulebook or creating a higher calling to determine every choice you make is suicidal; you're removing your own will, the one thing that makes you different from an inanimate object. I mean if you don't believe in free will that's sensible enough, but if you think you do have it then you should at least admire it while you can. Just take stuff as it comes.
>anyone says anything hedonistic
>wow normie go to a party or something
>anyone says anything non hedonistic
>wow cuck go film your wife getting BBC or something

fuck this board

>Anything with a will is human, right?
Look I'm atheistic and I still find that to be non-sequitor

Self-Mastery and freedom from fear, and eventually enlightenment.

Anyone else have the same purpose?

No

It sounds like you've just read Camus' 'Myth of Sisyphus'.

I wouldn't say I'm a true boulder-roller because I'm equally fine with sitting down and masturbating, but when I do go pushing shit around I don't try to autisticlly determine the truest rightest bestest path.

A loosely defined purpose seems pretty harmless though, most people go through life at an imperfect trajectory anyway but having some sort of direction is nice.

I'd call that a goal rather than a purpose, but sadman.png usually implies someone wants their existential crisis removed.

Be a step further towards the Übermensch

Ah, then in that case I agree. Existential crisis are pretty retarded, it only exists in the abstract and can be alleviated near immediately.

>Look I'm atheistic and I still find that to be non-sequitor
You're right, I have to admit I fucked up there.

>To get as much success in education and my job after that and fulfillment.
>Get my family (parents, sibs) to rely on me and extremely overly so.
>Then abandon them in their time of their most time of need never to see them again with my neighbor who basically one of my best friends giving me status updates.

Yeah I really have extreme bad blood with my family barring one uncle and my grandparents and those guys are gone. I'm just getting back at all of them for those years of hell that only those 3 made tolerabe and stopped me dying inside.

On it...

To understand how life purposes work and how they're linked to unhappiness and then express it in a meaningful way for everyone while at the same time not being a autistic loner.

Being me is hell.

You're right, because the mind is a powerful thing and can will you to do nearly anything given the right circumstance.

And you're wrong, because the mind is unfortunately a powerful thing and can will you to do nearly anything given the right circumstance.

>Pay taxes
LOSER

Welcome to the club pal.

>muh happiness

To tame the serpent in the lightning and eat the worm of the earth! To spread good will and misery in equal measure, for the foes of intelligence are many!

To perservere with the knowledge that being thoughtful and intelligent is more important than being good. For without those virtues, the kingdom of the good falls to dust and decay.

to drive my car really fast

To be a virtuous person, and to live according to nature

You make your own

someone needs to photoshop the license plate to say tfw no gf

>have a family
>try to do something that contributes to advancing society

m8 the least anyone in today's overpopulated planet can do is to not mindlessly procreate like a fucking animal

and what's the best anyone can do today?

The earth isn't overpopulated, that's just a meme from the 60s science fiction.

>live according to nature
what a fraud of words

Do you think overpopulation only refers to population density?

My purpose is to help make the world a better place through facilitating creative freedom and expression in people. Everyone can do art and personal art is both revealing and beneficial. Sort of a creative process as art therapy kind of idea.

I think the purpose of all life is experience though, so that is also my greater purpose in life regardless of how successful I am in helping others.

By nature, none. Nature provides no meaning.

By fabrication, to meme as hard as I can at every point.

To marry and raise a nice family and to have my name go down in history as one of the greatest men who ever lived.

This is the worst thing I've ever read.

This.

There is no purpose to life. Try to feel something.

To leave the world a better place than I left it, if only in some small way. I've given up on happiness. Being happy or content with my life is no longer the goal, as long as I am at the minimum level to pretend to be for the sake of my family.

I think we should live for other people, not ourselves.

I... I don't know.
Twenty years old, two suicide attempts, tried pretty much every drug except heroin, came within a hair's breadth of getting raped by a hairy biker dude "Deliverance"-style.
I feel like God has kept me on this Earth for some purpose but I don't know what this is.

Just make it 'til you're 27-29. You're just an insane 20ager. Your brain relaxes towards the end of that period and it becomes a lot easier to make patient and educated decisions. Your impulsiveness isn't outright cured by any means but your experiences start to crystalize in a general wisdom which protects you in a way that bravado never did.

>came within a hair's breadth of getting raped by a hairy biker dude "Deliverance"-style.
wut?

>implying Veeky Forums is only full is shitposting boards like /b/, and ironic boards like /pol/, and not actually good boards with interesting content
>implying nobody browses niche boards with regular posters