How bad of an idea is it to buy a Subaru Justy? Looks like a great little 4WD hatchback that gets great MPGs...

How bad of an idea is it to buy a Subaru Justy? Looks like a great little 4WD hatchback that gets great MPGs, but the one I'm looking at makes 67HP(!) and I'm used to a lot more, albeit in heavier cars.

Veeky Forums, redpill me on the Subaru JUST(y)

Inline 3 cylinder with a CVT. they're hard to come by these days

It's a Suzuki Swift / Geo Metro with air bags and AWD. That's literally all there is to them.

Not if it has 67 BHP. I think 67 BHP means it's got the SOHC 1.3 4 cylinder. I think the CVT is pretty rare and more likely a 5-speed manual.

I had one of these years ago. Great around town car but terrible on the highway. I would be running at 5k rpms to go 70.

It's a 4cyl with a manual I think.
Which engine?
I have never owned these tiny cars you speak of, how are they?

Veeky Forums likes the Metro/Swift.
AWD will reduce empeegees though, which is their biggest selling point.

Apparently it gets 40. Pretty impressed. How awful is the ride? Is it at least chuckable? Is the interior atrocious?

Mine had the 1.3 with a 3 speed automatic.

Negligible. Older ones may not be the same chassis, you can find two door versions but this is a gud awd car if you want economy. Not as good as a 2wd car though. Very slow.

It's slow, it's cheap, it's light, it's dead simple and it's reliable.
Can't comment on ride quality or handling, but I'm sure the Metro owners around here can.

How about the practicality, will I be able to carry a similar amount of stuff to my 2001 A6?

Thanks for the help anyway, Veeky Forums, I've made my decision. Tomorrow I will put my shitheap Audi on eBay and secure a lift to where the car lives and see if I can score me an AWD subcompact

About half but why would you compare a huge boat to a sub compact?

Because that's what I'm coming from.

*Why would you expect a compact to compare to a boat?

I remember seeing one with a 500hp G13B turbo
sorry no pics

Try to find the one of the 86hp ones, they have efi instead of some kind of carburetor injection system.
And they are pretty quick.
0-60 takes less then 10 seconds, which seems nice considering the low HP numbers.
Top speed is about 110-115mph - if you have the balls to pull that off.

A6 is a saloon, so it's shit for anything bulky. Justy probably has similar cargo space if the back seats fold down.

JUST

By 'carburettor injection' d you mean SPI?

I think so.
English isn't my native language.

Is it a single injector in an inlet manifold?