/vn/ - THANK YOU FOR ALL, TRANSLATORS!

Visual Novel General #1161

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v696
vndb.org/c14680
vndb.org/v6956
realkana.com/
guidetojapanese.org/learn/complete
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

If we let untranslated games get discussed we can conquer Alicesoft/Rance and Monster Girls and HGG

Alright, I felt a little bad for being lazy so I went through all of SP's releases and removed the English original stuff. Then I removed MG's Japanese releases. This is what happens when you do that. The colors don't match between graphs but I'm tired of messing with this so I'll fix it later.

Give that EOPs things like Sengoku Rance, Monster Girl Quest and Kamidori have great characters and great story* how will they cope with Rance VI?

*they all have bog average story

How will the west react to a great revolutionary leader distributing Mein Kampf in game?

>kamidori
>""""""""""""""""""""""""great characters and great story"""""""""""""""""""""""

>removing MGs Japanese releases
Why? What are you trying to compare?

Originally I was comparing their entire product list, but the comments last thread convinced me it makes more sense to only compare Japanese titles translated and released in the West.

Nice, man. Sekai Pro's still a threat but MG isn't so far behind. We can do it, guys!

So in other news, water is wet.

I rage uninstalled Kamidori after the black-haired girl confessed. It was so badly done, man, she was my favorite but her dere transition was horrible.
Gameplay was fun though but Eushully a shit Alicesoft a best

You mean Yuela or whatever her name was? What was bad about it?

Her voice.

During the H scenes? I found her regular voice to be fine but I never got to ah h scene before dropping the game.

Yuela, yeah. Memory's bad but she was a stubborn tsundere and out of nowhere she goes full dere overnight and goes for the sex and w/e

I don't think anybody thinks Kamidori or MGQ have a great story. The former is just pretty fun, and the latter has surprisingly good story. You'd expect paper thin justification for monster rape, but there's effort put towards it and it comes out readable. Not great, but decent.

Alicesoft did manage the dere transition well

Still only two thirds there

> Katawa Shoujo General #3115
> Visual Novel General #1161

How the flying fuck? Why does a mediocre unvoiced VN have this sort of cultlike following? I mean, the very fact it exists in a coherent form is amazing, but it doesn't justify this level of popularity.

Most vns don't have 7 games to develop a tsundere in before she goes full dere.

Just remember folks, if you rape a girl enough times she'll eventually love you. Carry these words into reality and get yourself a qt3.14.

Stockholm syndrome is a hell of a thing.

They don't talk about the game anymore and haven't for a very long time

It's still one of the highest quality non-Japanese VNs and was extremely popular, and because of that it was babby's first VN for a lot of people and thus has a special place in their heart.

It's more of an IRC than anything. TRIPFAGS are WELCOME there.

Man, my first VN was like, X-Change Alternative after I saw an ad for it on some anime streaming site, and my first non-nukige was Princess Waltz, followed by Ever17.

Princess Waltz still has a special place in my heart. Don't hate.

Nah. They actually did the transition for her and Kanami well.

>barely any hype for 2236 A.D.

I have no idea who any of those chicks are.

>unvoiced
It recently got new voices.
Only for the Jap version.

Hello, good sir. My first visual novel was love hina vndb.org/v696 and I actually played it before watching the anime! Pretty cool if you ask me. I didn't know VNs were a thing though and only rediscovered it after watching School Days. The fantranslation was still far away and I gave up on VNs once more. After watching TWGOK I rediscovered VNs for good and here I am

Who is the green haired slag?

vndb.org/c14680

I suddenly want a Total War Rance game.

Thanks. I'd inseminate her desu

Rance's waifu

Why aren't there more turn based strategy games as good as Sengoku Rance? :'(

rise a shit

There are, they are just not translated.

Depends. None of the Venus Blood games are Daiakuji are as good as SR in my opinion.

But Nobunaga's Ambition series is better

Did SP save VNs?

If they were able to release games without butchering the CGs or destroying the original prose then they would have a shot. But since Sekai Project has a melt down every couple of months and they're never been profitable, I don't think we'll have to worry about them for much longer. Fantranslation is dead and JAST is wasted potential, so I guess MG is our only hope.

Anyone got a download for the English PC version of this vndb.org/v6956 ?

JAST is JAST, that is why once MG and Sekai are gone JAST will still be here.

what's the best nobunaga's ambition game?

I'm sure JAST will be around even when we've died of old age. But even though they've done some good titles, it's so spread out I can't even care. They are just so slow on everything they do.

Has there been any major issues with the stuff they've released? I can't recall any of their releases causing some big controversy because they fucked up somewhere.

the original

The only one I can think of was Shiny Days, they really screwed up on that one.

That was a mess.

Funnily enough the Sekai team was on that project.

I can only think of the Flowers demo, the translations was bad and they had to re do it.

That was due to their translator or whatever being in canada right? They did confirm that a certain character wouldn't make it in release but that some sort of masked hero would release it for free later down the road. Though they definitely should have specified when they said LATER they meant pretty far down the road.

I'll give em a pass on a demo, if it was the actual release I wouldn't though.

Flowers demo was an embarassment, a machine translator could do better.

Shiny Days they promised an uncensor patch but didn't deliver for almost a year, plus the game was a buggy mess that would delete your save files and you couldn't view a lot of stuff because the game would crash.

>tfw JAST USA is older than you
anyone else know that feel?

I'm older than Rance

>founded in 1996
I don't know this feeling

>tfw you are the only person that read all of Rose Guns Days and enjoyed it

I read the first KnS and liked it, kind of thought the ending was bull shit.

Im reading this right now, about 15 hours into reading. Liking it so far but it started slow. What am i in for guys?

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Nympho-chan is 50 years old? God damn. Natori I would believe but certainly not her

Stop everything you're doing and read Cartagra first.

Spent 30 years trapped unaging in a seperate dimension getting continually raped until her body got addicted to sex.

Where can i get it

nyaa.se :3

It was a bug that corrupted the save data IIRC.

Erogedownload is your friend.

This. Erogedownload is a great site, you can get almost any VN you want there. I 100% reccomend it.

Who is the cutie? The first one in age 36.

princess evangile:
>headmistress literally has you kidnapped
>nothing at all is done about it because it happened to work out

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME. I WANT TO SMASH HER FACE INTO THE CEMENT AHHHHHHHHHH

Cartagra is kinda necessary reading because characters and plot tie in with that.

Heck, even KnS has two major characters from it alone, and they played major roles.

>Not great, but decent.
Yeah, MGQ makes the stories in other VNs look like shit.

Yeah they're older than me, I never knew they were founded that long ago.

I can't tell if it would be arousing or terrifying to be in that situation.

I had no idea. I just got to the point where Karen is revealed as the one killing Ayato's marriage candidates and things had made sense so far. But if reading Cartagra brings more depth and information then i suppose its worth spending the time and just hold off for now

wew lad. There is so much I don't know about the Rance universe. I really need to master the kanjis

For what it's worth, if Maria weren't a bully, we'd have 5D translated and you'd know that.

just completed PE. I had fun but wouldn't say it was amazing. Drama seemed kind of artificial.

solid 6/10.

strange that there was no ruriko route when she was practically begging for you to be with her. Guess I'll have to wait for the fandisc.

No biggie. Japanese is the way to go

This was supposed to be a reply to ...

Cartagra provides background to the Blessed Congregation, as well as some characters like Toji and Yaginuma. It is not required reading, but it's a good game and worth reading. I'm not sure I would drop KnS2 to play it though if you're already some ways in.

Is Fata Morgana tumblr shit? I was really looking forward to it but now I'm not sure.

Why is KimiNago so fucking difficult to install while FlyableHerat is just necessary to copy and paste? That's not fair.

Yes. It has a tranny MC.

Don't let this thread meme on you. It's an excellent vn, probably the best to be translated in the past year.

What's hard about it?

I WANT TO UNDERSTAND JAPANESE.

Japanese VNs are by definition untumblr.

realkana.com/
Do it faggot.

>tranny MC
>not tumblr
Is that possible?

Are the SRPG elements of Utawarerumono shit or okay?

guidetojapanese.org/learn/complete Read all of this. All of it! Do you know Moogy, do you know Kastel? They learnt it so can you

It's very barebones

Its good.

why is this bitch such a bully? what is she from?

>linking the wrong version
>making it this obvious you started a week ago

I never managed to actually run it, but when I did one time it was impossible to play (extremely lagging while other VNs run just fine). That's because if you look up to the game you will see that the VN only works with the patched google-translator-english-patch and it's impossible to disable it. This makes me mad.

I did start it not so long ago but why would be the wrong version? Shouldn't beginners start with that one?

I'll fucking fite you m8

Also, I like how aru turns into nai in its negative form. It sounds so powerful. like お金はない!「神がいない」is also cool

ないないないないないないないないないないない
Are you scared user?

There's a place to talk about learning Japanese, and it's not here.

/vn/ has actual posters who speak Japanese...