/nsmg/ No Man's Sky General

No Man's Sky general. Freakachu edition.

Out right now for PS4, PC release on Friday the 12th.

>What is this game?
A relaxing procedurally generated space exploration game with some combat and trading.

>What do you do in the game?
From the HG website, no-mans-sky.com/2016/08/what-do-you-do-in-no-mans-sky/

>Is there multiplayer?
Basically, no.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_YEgwd58k
reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4wr25j/what_do_you_do_in_no_mans_sky/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least he's happy

I want to fuck Freakachu.

>bruh

Planning on buying this for PC but the horrible FoV puts me off. Have they said anything about that being adjustable?

Yes it's adjustable on PC.

so why do ps4 players have to suffer

So I'm playing currently, just left my starting planet, and the next hearest planet is 2 hours away, does anyone know how to speed up space travel short of buying a newer ship with faster engines? So far so good desu, I'm enjoying waltzing around collecting shit and checking out the crazy sights.

NOPE

because allowing too much graphics customization on console can lead to having bad performance, which consoles aren't supposed to have.

>general
reported

but i mean doesn't the whole planet start rendering as you enter it

to add to this, the only graphical thing so far thats a bit annoying is the asteroid pop in distance when you are in space. It about the only thing that takes away from the experience so far

This, and i wouldnt really call it "suffering". Im only 5hrs in but so far im excited. I cant wait to get back on and explore. this work day is gonna drag.

>Heridium
>Only way I've noticed so far to obtain it is to murder the local wildlife
>Need it to get off of the hellblasted poison shithole that the game started me on

So is there an alternative method to getting this stuff or am I stuck triggering Space PETA for now?

Its in those dark purpleish column/monoliths. They arent on evey planet but ive seen them on most ive been to. You can also buy it from a space station.

Cont...

Once you get craft recipies for antimatter,electron vapor, and suspension fluid you can make your own hyperdrive fuel and the game really opens up.. was able to get with 5 hrs of play.

Do planets have biomes?

They need to overhaul the planet generation algorithm. The game would be great if they just did that

Unfortunately not. This is the only thing that keeps me from buying the game. Lets hope they do an update and add poles, rivers and oceans in the future

Isn't this game out yet?

I've been wandering around reachable areas from my ship for about a half hour. Found a monolith that taught me "Give" in xeno language and some outposts that look like they were abandoned in a fucking hurry.

Not a single piece of heridium was discovered but I've been finding metric fucktons of gold, iron, and platinum. Only realized I could get Heridium from creatures after killing a carnivorous bug that tried to eat me.

ps4 only

not for pc

Only on ps4
Wait for 12th

What a shame, we've yet to see some good planets in any of these games.

>/nsmg/
Good job, bud.

How many times has your guys' game froze/crashed? One freeze and one crash here. Been playing about 3-4 hours total.

none at all yet, about 2 hrs in. Super comfy and smooth so far

crashes on warp like 1/5 times,
and once when I was fighting a sentry.

So what's the consensus on this game? With the lack of detail I assumed this game would be like a multiplayer space exploration game where each computer/console generates its own part of the universe and it contributes to a server which stores the entire universe.

>Started on a beautiful green and red world full of plants, animals and every kind of resource.
>Glowing mushrooms light up at night and guide me to caves.
>All the animals are grazers.
>Heridium high rise blocks everywhere.

Who /blessed/ here?

I don't even want to leave.

Have you tried warping to another planet yet? That's when it crashed on me.

Do the planets vegetation get more exiting? All the pictures i have seen from in-game makes the planets seem pretty empty and barren to me.

Once the modders get a hold of this, we're inevitably going to see some goatsee or naked bimbo species soon.

With the pulse drive? Yeah, been to two planets and the space station so far, haven't tried leaving the solar system yet. Where the fuck do I get warp cells?

Not me famalam, I started on a toxic wasteland.

Aren't oceans in?

you just have to find a good planet.
looks for
weather wet
flora high

So is this game actually good? I mean exploring is neat but for me it usually gets boring quite fast. I like progression, resource gathering and upgrading and shit.

REMINDER THIS IS ALL YOU GET
REMINDER THIS IS ALL YOU GET
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_YEgwd58k

it's a super pretty minecraft in space without the building.

Provided they are adding things that weren't supposed to be in the core gameplay like base building its highly possible for a future terrain overhaul.

I remember watching a video of Sean saying that it was theoretically possible for two buddies to agree to head in a certain direction with the intention of meeting up.

He said it'd take weeks and weeks but that's it was possible, and also said something like "Even if they make it to the same planet, one would have to say 'Okay, I'm on this planet and I'm on a mountain, where are you?'"

Does anybody remember watching that? I cba to find it.

In any case, the beardy fucker lied. If it is not possible to see other plays within the game, he lied. He should've stated that from the outset.

With all of the hype NMS had it seems like Hello Games had an opportunity to release one of the seminal games of the decade, yet they have deliberately avoided almost every feature which would have made their game a popular hit.

One has to ask, why the fuck did they do that? I would've waited an extra YEAR for this game if they would've just added a basebuilding/furniture type thing so I can make my planets comfy.

tl;dr NMS confirmed for monumental flop. Butthurt pandemic.

Pic?

Is it Friday yet?

I'm actually kinda sad that there isn't any coop function, i would love to explore all that space with a buddy.

I hope they add that in the future, i might actually buy it then.

>no online multiplayer
>cursory level pcg algorithm akin to zones in diablo
>generic minecraft gameplay without the building that made minecraft fun
>no civilizations
Why did we get so excited about this game again?

good thing I didn't preorder this

wew lads

Trying.

I keep getting an error when I try to upload the screenshot to twitter to transfer it.

none, been playing 12+ hours
buy em from space station

The only thing which peaked my interest in the game was the possibility of eventually meeting somebody.

I mean, I thought that if all players were in the same universe, and we'd all be heading to the centre of the universe, by the time lots of folks made it there the, other plays would abound.

Sean Murray is such a sneaky little fucker. He waited until yesterday to clarify explicitly that the game has no multiplayer despite having said in the past that it was possible. What an asshat.

bought it on console since console players tend to have better communities and my pc isn't that good (three year old core i5, two year old midrange GPU)

did i fuck up?

Not sure about this but certain planets may have a high proportion of water and therefore oceans. It was mentioned in the 1.03 patch notes they increased variation on sea beds so thats probably true. However what I was saying is that if a planet has valleys with an ocassional lake or sea it will have so along all the planet insteadof having a non-uniform terrain generation.

What do

>"tend to have better communities"
>there is no community based element in NMS

Seems like you did, sir.

stand back

reach in, faggot

PC version will have AA and a FoV slider. I'm upgrading my GTX660 soon so I have no worries

What GPU exactly?

the other question is, is it a shitty pc port? since it was console focused from the start

Kinda an asshole move yeah. I was also under the impression that we could potentially meet another person, i was actually sort of interested by that fact alone.

Well now i'm glad i didn't pre-order.

All of this stuff annoys me too. Why is all of this stuff text-based? Like, it is 2016, and this is supposed to be a full price console title.

Can't we see the lava? Can't we have a little half-assed animation of you reaching in or backing away? Or would this have constituted some actual work for the devs?

Seriously pathetic. What were they thinking?

Radeon HD 7850

I reached in and it almost killed me.

Reach in, you know you want too.

>get reminded of this game from some tweets
>remember the awesome trailer
>oh boy, fucks yes, it's out
>go on tpb
>nothing
>what's going on here
>check wikipedia
>pc version not out for a few days

Fucking shit.
At least it's on gog so it won't take any time to get cracked.
Hopefully someone will upload it.

>tfw you're UK and game isn't out tomorrow
>tfw pre-ordered a month ago but someone who pre-ordered last week go there's today
>tfw

Yeah that's below the minimum requirements, so unless you planned on upgrading your GPU any time soon, you were better off with the PS4 version.

>Sean Murray is such a sneaky little fucker. He waited until yesterday to clarify explicitly that the game has no multiplayer despite having said in the past that it was possible. What an asshat.
It's not like it's sold as "singleplayer" on Steam or anywhere else,or that the most quoted article about multiplayer is especially titled "stop thinking of nms as a mmo"

>Glowing pits of life everywhere.

I don't want to leave my home planet ;_;

No matter how hard you beat them over the head with these facts, they will literally never understand. Trust me, I've tried.

torrent when

there's nothing out here except stillbirths and giant teddy bears.

I literally watched a video in which Sean Murray is playing the game and describing how it would be >theoretically possible for two players to eventually meet each other, and see each other.

So like, why would he say that? Is that not intentionally misleading?

below minimum? yikes
the worst part is i can't put any newer GPU on here (i think) without upgrading the mobo
and if i upgrade the mobo i have to upgrade the cpu because there are no newer mobos with this chipset (lga 1155)

that "gotta replace everything" feel

>One has to ask, why the fuck did they do that?

Because that sort of game can't exist on current hardware. But hyping one up is easy as shit in the currently completely insular video games market. No matter what, people will be forced to accept it, because "trolling" is the new word for dissent.

BLUNDER CONFIRMED BLUNDER CONFIRMED BLUNDER CONFIRMED BLUNDER CONFIRMED BLUNDER CONFIRMED BLUNDER CONFIRMED

CANCEL ALL PRE ORDERS
CANCEL ALL PRE ORDERS

>people who want you to buy things have zero reason to care about you, they just want you to buy the thing so they get paid. Therefor everything they say is probably a lie meant to get you to pay them. They are not your friend.

Are you this new to video games? Of course they lied. They lied just as much as Chris Roberts has.

did you read the fucking patch notes? 1.03 states that it added a function to make it easier to find other people by scanning peoples previously visited systems.

>charging 59.99€ for an indie game

Hahahaha.
Good one m8.
What the fuck are they thinking?

So what does easier mean? Will i actually get to see another player?

60 fucking dollars lel

yeah, otherwise why the hell would they even add that function. its even stated that you can find other people in steam and ps store

... But :(

I remember when gaming was fun, and all of my hopes & more were delivered unto me with each new wonderful installment.

I want to go back to 2006 and play The Shivering Isles and be a bibby 12 year old again.

>If we tell them nothing, they will make their own hype.

>then when the game is nothing, we can then deflect criticism and look artsy by saying something like "They only dislike it because of expectations they themselves made"

It's brilliant in how easy it is to con gamers out of their money. Why does everyone keep pinning all their hopes on a messiah of developers? Weren't you around for the Molyneux and Spore years?

pcie 3.0 x16 is still the standard.( graphics card slot on your mobo) if your processor is a K (i5 2500K?) model it should last you a couple years aswell. Get a radeon RX480/70 if you plan on sticking with a 1080p monitor, just check your PSU

they could've done that but it'd be a lot more work for a lot less content. What's better, 100 text based events like this or 10 animated events?

For the record, I actually really liked Spore.

I think it is a lot better than NMS.

Might re-install and make master-race ass-faced aliens.

>gaming was fun
>when i was 12

Ignorance is bliss. The older you get, the more you see the world for what it really is.

This game, design-wise, is just 3D Starbound/Terraria without any building mechanics.

That's why all the areas are huge and sparsely populated. That's why it all feels procedural and fake.

reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4wr25j/what_do_you_do_in_no_mans_sky/

apparently all you need to get suckers to buy your shitty game is to put on an act with "passion"

jesus why are people so easily impressed

>but it'd be a lot more work
Oh blimey!
WORK?! You absolute madman! Why would they wanna put work in there!
It is all generated! 19 quintrillion planets!
So many contents! Wow! They would have to make so many contents to fill all those planets with things that actually matter.

Where does it say that? source please. Getting some real mixed messages about this game.

How about 100 animated events?

oh that's a relief, i can do it piece by piece
the cpu is a core i5 i3750k ivy bridge, bought it in 2012

why would a gtx970 be bad for 1080p? or do you mean it's sort of a waste on 1080p and needs 4k

It doesn't explicitly said that. Read it again. It says that they added a function to scan systems that other people have discovered and increase the chance of collision. It's being ambiguous on what 'collision' means, if it means find another already discovered planets or find other people.

>die
>greeted by a doctor who fan's idea of a good science fiction quote

Man, this game is for fags.

This game, man.
I barely thought it would live up to the hype, let alone exceed it. I've been playing for four hours straight across only two systems and about five planets/moons, and it has been absolutely and utterly humbling. My breath is being taken away at every turn.
I just drowned trying desperately to make my way out of a dark underwater cave on a cold, lonely, massive planet, with ominous growling startling me from far across some rocky, eroded mountains against the backdrop of a massive dark blue system. Earlier I was marveling at a herd of grazing antelope-like creatures on a little yellow paradise of a moon with a pink sky. Creatures were screeching in the distance and tinkling piano chords played in the background.
I very much appreciate the technical and leveling aspects such as mining and trading, but most of all, this game has been an extremely emotional experience for me so far. I could barely pull myself away from my first system once I acquired the warp cell. No matter what I'm looking at, I have this excitement and this wonder and frustration that I am inevitably missing so much. I have never, EVER felt this lost. Space just beckons, wordlessly. What a beautiful, beautiful, titanic game. I have no words.
Enjoy, everyone. And thank you, Sean and Hello Games. Jeez Louise.

Because they don't know how humans actually work because people don't talk to each other anymore.

So they base their narrative on the movies invented to give context to the worthless events in our lives.

It's like a tautology, almost.