Quick! You're going on a road trip with friends/family and you're designated as the driver

Quick! You're going on a road trip with friends/family and you're designated as the driver.

What are your passenger rules and roles?

people think shotgun gets to pick the music, bullshit. The driver gets that privilege.

Now climate control, that's something they can keep tabs on

>I'm driving, I choose the tunes motherfucker.
>If you bring in food, every last crumb better leave with you.

Other than those I don't care

i chose the music. wear your seatbelts and shut the fuck up

Honestly I've done so many solo road trips that I don't need anyone to do anything for me. That said, anyone who's awake is always on cop watch, especially shotgun. They can also control the music if they don't have shitty taste.

Most of my rules:
>No stanky food that'll give you horrible breath. Beef jerky is the worst for that.
>If you're drinking something from a can, hold onto it. I know not everything that people wanna drink can come with a lid, just don't fucking spill shit.
>Don't eat anything crumbly.
>Don't leave trash in my car.
>Don't puke.
>Don't put your feet on my dash, on my doors, or swing my doors into anything.
>Wear your seatbelt.

I think it's pretty fair, especially since I don't ask for gas money.

I always get concerned that it's too hot or cold and keep fiddling with it, let the passengers keep tabs on how they feel.

All that passengers have to do in my car is roll joints and blunts or pack me a cone in my pipe or bong other then that the controls are mine, bar one friend he can play music everyone else can suffer and listen to what i want and feel however hot or cold i want to feel

>people think shotgun gets to pick the music

People actually think this?

No touching any control instruments.
No shitty or loud music.
If the car is mine don't eat.
Trust in me and let me drive.

>tfw you know at least three of the rules won't be followed

>NEVER interfere with the driving controls
>no food mess
>nothing on the dashboard
>no smoking / vaping
>don't slam the doors / hit anything with them
>if the trip's a long one I require gas money
>don't be a backseat driver
Basically anything that'll damage or make a mess of my car isn't allowed. My mates don't like Death Grips so I let shotgun call aux shots.

>driver calls the shots on the radio/stereo (unless expressly delegated to someone else).
>driver controls the cabin temp (kinda pointless in newer cars, though).
>no smoking/eating/drinking unless it's okay with the owner.
>no smelly/messy food if food is permitted.
>drink containers must have some kind of lid if it's not a can.
>no feet on dash or seats unless it's okay with the owner.
>any portable video or game device has to be on mute or on headphones. Music players have to have headphones or not be used at all.
>For longer trips, passengers contribute to guzzoline expenses.
>During fuel or food stops, everybody goes to bathroom whether they need to or not.
>No large luggage or cargo unless it's been okay'd by the owner.
>All trash must be collected in some kind of bag while on the road and then disposed of during stops.
>Flick boogers out the window, don't smear in/on the car.
>No talking about people I may have fucked.

Mandatory blowjob's by all female passengers. Whenever u get the feeling they gotta accommodate it. They can rotate if need be. (this should only work with friends, PLZ don't try with family).

40 keks for you.
Shotty is navigator for safety, Driver has veto power for plebian music. Throw out your trash, female passengers sit on the drivers lap unless fat. Fatties sit in suicide third row. Smokes go out the window, and keep the windows down. Also when dancing queen by ABBA plays we all sing along, no exceptions.

''dont fucking thouch anything, put on your seat belt''

that's it

>not doing it with your hot cousins and / or sisters

> no food or drinks except water
> no smoking
> no leaving trash
> no touching the fucking windows
> shotgun may choose music, because i have a weird taste in music
> if you talk shit on my car, you are never going to be allowed in it again
> no putting feet anywhere

jesus christ do people really do that? Just image blowing your brains out with your own kneecaps

Only 1 rule: Have Fun

>Finish road trip
>Beer and food stains all over the seats and carpet
>Empty cups and bags of chips littering your back seat
>Stereo has exploded from the latest Lil Jon triple bass boosted track
>Dash and seats full of cheetos
>The back of your seat is full of jokes from where they put a dart board to play while you drove
>Car smells of puke
>Rear suspension has shattered due to the furious jumping and bouncing from the music
>You see a collection of used condoms under the carpet of your car, dripping cum onto the bare metal
>You're not even in the car
>They've thrown you out to have a joyride because you weren't fun enough
>Call a bus and go back home
>"A-at least they had fun..."

***holes, fucking autocorrect

Don't complain about the lack of some interior panels. They are very fucking expensive.
Also, that seats not bolted in and also doesn't have a seat belt.
Actually like you have one on anyway if we get pulled

The Bluetooth is up for grabs, as I hate almost all my friends music choices and wear ear buds when Bad shit gets on. I like seeing my friends fight over who gets to play their shitty wap 1738 music

Climate control is me, they're free to turn off their ac, but I like my car cold.

NO FUCKING VAPING
NO eating
No feet on dash
No dogs unless you provide a cover such as a towel (I tried the no dog rule but I hate when my dog is left out of things, especially when I can't share my favorite ride with her)
Capped drinks or hold on to it

Some other rules too, some I make up on the spot depending on people.
The golden rule is listen to what I say or race me in the bus

I'm usually pretty lieniant,though

>driver gets music choice
>don't be a fucking slob
>wear your seatbelt I don't want to buy a new windshield because you went flying through it
>passengers job is to look out for cops on waze and navigate

oh you want a ride sure here is what I expect of you

>clean your shoes before entering
>wear seatbelt without question
>do not touch any of the instruments
>do not ask for louder or different music
>do not ask for hoter/colder climate
>do not comment on my driving
>do not make frantic movements or otherwise attempt to damage the trim
>do not attempt to put your filthy fucking legs anywhere other than the floor
>no drinks
>no food
>no smoking
>no vaping
>no pets
>no breathing

now that we got that settl- oh you want to take the bus that's alright

>sit down
>shut up
>don't touch anything
>we stop to pee when I say we stop to pee
>put those fucking snacks away
>you come on the wrong road trip, motherfucker.

>YOU get the fuck out and piss every time we stop even if you feel you don't have to. maybe even try to fucking take a shit. not going to stop randomly for you
>same for trash from snacks, just take it out when we stop
>I control the music unless I tell you otherwise
>if I ask you to look up directions I don't mean just kinda guess, I mean look it up on google maps and avoid tolls because I'm poor

then of course all the other basic stuff like no eating bowls of cereal, no smoking, no messy food, no feet on dash, etc

I have 4 simple rules

>don't touch my fucking radio
>feet go on the floor
>no eating
>no backseat driving

You don't like it, you can walk

>No drinks or snacks
>Seatbelt on
>The A/C is fine as is
>No smoking
>Hold this duffel bag
>Put this mask on
>Go for the tellers
>Don't puss out of this
>Don't touch the FUCKING radio

>okay everybody wear the seatbelts
>yes grandma you too
>no I don't care about how it was in 1956
>yes it is required by law now
>remember how you hit your face a week ago
>please somebody put her seatbelt on
>fucking hell stop that scuffle in the back seat
>do I really have to get out of the car
>ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuu

Only one rule

>I drive

DON'T TOUCH THE FUCKING WINDOWS
STOP SLAMMING THE DOORS LIKE A FUCKING RETARDED MONKEY
YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING LEAVE YOUR LITTER IN HERE
DO NOT TOUCH THE HEAD UNIT
I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING SHUT THE FUCK UP OR GET THE FUCK OUT
YOU'RE PAYING THE TICKET FOR NOT HAVING A SEATBELT
And a new amendment after a recent encounter:
DON'T YOU FUCKING SPIT ON THE SEATS

I control accelerate and steer
Passenger control break

Only slow down when passenger scare

>buckle or the car doesn't move. If it's a van and we're cruising easy on the highway I'll be cool with it tho, just don't rock back and forth.
>no eating things that smell bad or strong, will stain, or will go furry in less than 2 hours. Control your drinks.
>do not take control of the radio. I'll let you have a turn, just ask.
>don't wildly swing temperature controls around. You can move it a bit if you're uncomfortable.
>no feet on the dash for front seat.
>NO BITCHING ABOUT MY DRIVING OR YOU'RE WALKING.

That's pretty much it.

My sides are gone.

Do people really ask for gas money? How long of a trip are you talking about?

I usually always provide the gas money, but if someone wants to pitch in, I won't say "no".

>DON'T YOU FUCKING SPIT ON THE SEATS
Once my dad picked up a guy who did that. He wiped the spit out of the seats with the guys hat. I lol every time I remember that.

>1) No smoking/vaping
>2) The only music allowed is what's on my Phone's SD Card (128GB)
>3) You can eat in the car as long as it is 'dry' food (i.e. Chips, a Sandwich, Donut[non-jelly filled] etc)
> 3.1) At every stop, we're cleaning the car's interior of any food debris and waste that fell.
>4) Feel free to control the fan speed, but the temp will always be on MAX Cold
>5) I'll only enforce the front passenger's seatbelt since that's the one that makes the chime stop.

Rule numero uno: passenger must give driver head ON DEMAND with NO HESITATION or I activate the ejector seat

> Family
They get to stay behind. My mother's insufferable and talks when I'm trying to concentrate. My sister is useless, and my father would spend the whole time complaining about his back because he's too fucking stupid to get it treated properly.

Friends only kthx.

> Rules
No open cups. They WILL spill. Cans have to go in a cupholder with something to stop them tipping over.
No messy food. Dry is fine, I can vacuum crumbs out. Sauces will stain.
Seatbelts are a must, mandated by law anyway.
Nobody gets out while the car is still moving, because I'm not going to be responsible for broken ankles.
Everyone helps clear the car out when we stop. Rubbish should be collected as it's made and bagged together.
Smelly footwear goes in a binbag. I don't care whose it is, bag that shit because I'm not going to be stuck with it for hours.
No complaining about the car or my driving. Yes, your car is faster, but it doesn't have back doors. If you're complaining about the weight increase from back doors but in the back seat... Then your logic is invalid.
No smoking. Ever.
No booze, either. I need everyone to be alert and with it.

> Roles
Climate control is my job as driver. Since I'm the one in control of the car and all, I get to decide if/when the AC is on, and maintain the right to switch it off whenever I need power.
Or to set it to 'freezer' when going downhill to build up some cold.
Windows have to be shut on the motorway because it affects handling.
I control the music. Note how the controls are on the steering wheel. If you have a request, ask nicely. No, you can't change the USB stick, and if you touch it you're walking home.
Shotgun operates the sat-nav, reads the map, and provides guidance, and provides a pair of eyes on that side if needed. Also, they open cans/containers for me and hand me stuff I can't reach.
Back seat passengers are basically cargo, unless I want something from the seat pockets, or one of the tissue boxes. Stay quiet, stay still.

It's okay if you're adopted

>Do people really ask for gas money? How long of a trip are you talking about?

It's impolite to ask/insist, but polite to offer, especially if you know the driver is low on funds and it's a significant portion of a tank.
Favours are accepted in lieu, as are meals and other expenses picked up.

My friends will often buy me food or something when I give them a drive. I never ask though, and if someone was to demand me give them money I would politely give them some and then never ride with them again.

pass the dutchy to the left and only 2 hits

holy shit you have autism

No rules for anybody. Just fucking chill and ride along

Data mining is great and all, but do you get paid to make these stupid threads?

Kek

ITT: People with no friends to go on road trips with

>the temp will always be on MAX Cold

What kind of shitty aircon do you have?

>Shotgun picks the music

I refuse to allow that because of my one friend that insists on always playing Final Fantasy soundtracks and Tool. That's the only fucking music he listens to.

Kill yourself

I do climate control if it's only for the whole cabin
We listen to my fucking blues/jazz playlists or the radio, at my discretion
No whining
No interior lights on after dark

I drive.

I get payed in Tim Hortons coffee, need a ride? You better believe we're hitting the drive thru.

You sound insufferable to be on a roadtrip with, I bet if your friends took 2 vehicles they rock paper scissors who has to go with your autistic ass.

>everyone arguing about seats
>I'll turn this shit around
>turn my car around in driveway
>go inside to watch a move
>people argue about seating
>turn it around too

deadmau5 pls go

No smoking.
No crisps, chocolate, sugar-coated sweets or food covered in sauce.
If your drink doesn't fit in the cup/bottle holders, don't force it.
Don't put your feet on the dash.
Don't put your coat or bag on the rear shelf.
Put what you want on using your phone but don't fuck with my saved radio stations.
Don't fuck with the climate controls, just because it's a bit warm out doesn't mean you need the AC on full blast.
If I'm parking in a busy area, you need to shut the fuck up.

My car only has one seat..

>dont put ash out the window it makes a mess , use the ash trays
>If your picking tunes it better have bass
>theres enough room to overtake so shut up
>hold onto any drinks theres no cupholders because racecar

>buckle up
>shut up
>don't move

I loved my S2000, no back seat, no controls for anyone to fuck with, especially if they didn't know about the radio door. Not even a glovebox.

My 911 has buttons everywhere. Luckily, I have a baby, so absolutely no social life anymore. Only person who ever rides with me is my wife and she knows the deal.

OH SHIT, i gotta put the other seats back in my car!

>Shotgun is navigator at all times, picks music >but must be approved by driver
>Rear seat passengers are in charge of snack
>Distribution and Cop Watch
>Gas money is to determined for the length
>Of the trip
>Smoking is permitted but ashtrays must be
>Used, joints/bowls must be approved by driver

Besides a lot of the commonsense things on the lists in this thread, I usually don't need to say it, but once in awhile there is a passenger that needs to be told "Don't do things like flip off other cars because they will come after my car".

>Only I may drive.
>Climate control is the driver. Bring a jacket if you're the kind that gets cold easy.
>Music is shotgun. Driver has veto power and the right to play his own music once in a while.
>Navigation/copwatch is also shotgun. Copwatch is rarely needed since I drive a semi-respectable car and am white.

>Wear your seatbelt.
>No crumbly food.
>No food at restaurants along the way that give you the runs or bad gas.
>If you're wasted you can walk. I don't need some drunk bothering me when I'm driving.
>Don't leave your trash in the car.
>Don't put your feet on the dash.
>Assuming we'll stop every hour or two, no smoking in the car. If it's a long trip non-stop, don't throw cigarette butts out the window. Seriously there's TWO fucking ashtrays built into the car. As far as vaping goes, if it clouds my vision or smells bad then no.
>Don't bash my doors into anything, don't slam them.

And finally,
If it's a long trip, and we haven't worked something out at the start, you should at least be willing to pitch in a bit for food or something.

>Don't touch any controls. You have a window to control, and I'll lock you out of that if you play with it.
>Don't touch the radio. You don't like it? Bring earbuds.
>You either pitch for gas or pay for food/coffee/whores/amphetamines for the trip
>The person designated as Navigator runs the GPS, nobody else.
>We stop to pee when I say so
>If you spill shit, you will clean it up next chance we get
>Seatbelts on, no slamming the goddamn doors.
>No fucking smoking or vaping.

Front left seat drives. Front right navigates. Everyone else is cargo, shut up and let's go.

>Timmies coffee
Enjoy your shitwater. McDonalds coffee a best.