/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, August 9th:
48 BC – Caesar's Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus: Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt.
1842 – The Webster–Ashburton Treaty is signed, establishing the United States–Canada border east of the Rocky Mountains.
1942 – Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi is arrested in Bombay by British forces, launching the Quit India Movement.
1942 – World War II: Battle of Savo Island: Allied naval forces protecting their amphibious forces during the initial stages of the Battle of Guadalcanal are surprised and defeated by an Imperial Japanese Navy cruiser force.

>News
EU4 DD04/08
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-4th-of-august-2016.961146/

CK2 DD 18: Optimization and Modding
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-18-optimization-and-modding.962057/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.5 - 29/07/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread 151107208

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!LJpT1bBB!F8HKTwiZSCdMPzArQRNmqXI-N9Q86zQnIpdpCizc9Xg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

2nd for russian alaska

Meneths due when

You're a fucking retard

>Games get slow because there's too many people
>Add plagues to speed things up
Seems about right

Good eu4 when

this can only mean one thing
CHY
NA
incoming

"No man, no problem"

Just like that time they optimised the game, then threw all those optimisations away by adding a billion useless indian characters and provinces

There's already enough useless mudpeople I'll never play as on the map

also notice that this diary was written by Meneth, he's completely in now

I'm going in too of you catch my drift.

I don't get it.

benis in banus

Why is paradox hiring people who frequented sites that are popular among neo-nazis, white supremacists and peadophiles?

Seems really problematic to me.

redpill me on liquor

Johan himself has most probably browsed this place
It makes the pain go away

You shouldn't take pills when you're drinking, user.

Reminder that Johan is an autist trapped within his own creation, unable to do what he needs to do while he watches undesirables run the company in the opposite direction.

>implying Johan isn't the leader of the Swedish Nazi Party

t. Johan

What does he buy with his DLCbucks?

He's only an intern and will be leaving soon. This was just the bone they threw at him for all his shilling. I'm so jealous of him, I wish I could get an internship at a game development company

>adamantly refuses to add holocaust mechanics in all the hearts of iron games

really makes you think

it's a cry for help

he goes home and scarfs lemon meringue pie into his mouth while lurking /gsg/

It's the "breeding" part of natural selection in which mate choice determines which of the surviving individuals actually pass on their genes to the next generation.

Reading 'The Mating Mind' by Geoffrey Miller right now, but haven't finished it yet.

hookers and coke

but fucking why? being a game dev is literally the least paying and shittiest profession you could do as a programmer.

Money to make new DLCs

rate my Empire, stronger than Rome and Eastern Rome, as well as the caliphate.

Since it is a new thread I'll post my CK2 music mod again, it was updated today

Link: mega.nz/#!LJpT1bBB!F8HKTwiZSCdMPzArQRNmqXI-N9Q86zQnIpdpCizc9Xg

490 songs

- 5 added today
- fixed some typos in songs.txt

>Visigoths overrun and destroy western rome and remake it in their image
>will do the same to the aztecs in 600 years

you should convert the negros to Catholicism

GROSS
R
O
S
S

>the aztecs
What did they have to destroy?
Huts and stone?

bait

ur mom's snatch

(You)

Aztecs were Aryan before the Spanish destroyed their racial purity

CHI

40th for Nicky

Which ship gives you highest military score per supply weight past 1910? I have been doing some tests and it seems like ironclad gives you the most 0,5 per supply weight, with battleships and dreadnoughts giving about 0.35 per supply weight, but I'm not sure about the other types.

Can someone explain to me better the Synthetic Refineries in Hearts of Iron 4?

Extra rubber and oil is very handy, especially in many regions where you have little to no access to it. It is a substantial investment to get one going but it's pretty handy.

What I don't understand is the higher levels of research. Do they increase production or let you stack more in the same space or something? I never noticed one produce more than the standard 5 oil/2 rubber or whatever they do.

The wiki has very little information on it.

CA

Basically when you first build a refinery it's Level 1. Once you research higher in the synthetic tech tree you can increase the level of that refinery. Kind of like how you upgrade radar.

Higher levels of research primarily affect the speed of ______________________________uninstall.exe

Literally nothing was taken from them then what they possessed, "Aztecs" descendants have everything they had and more, they were thousands of years behind on technology and their economy very primitive.

danke schön

WHO REMEMBER

what mod

Oh shit, this is a real classic meme, I can't even remember the last time I saw this.

Well, except their culture and ethnicity but who cares about those things, right, you fucking globalist cunt.

Minus tons and tons of gold, population (plague, smallpox, etc. wiped out a great number. Considering the Black Death killed 1/3 of Europe's population...less than half of the pre-Columbian population survived disease. Not to mention the warfare and colonization).

But mostly gold.

UK voted to join memeth lad

>tons of gold
This did nothing for their economy.
>population
lower population gives more wealth per person.
The only thing of value in the Americas to the Amerindians was food, low crime, and stable government, gold did nothing.

>their culture and ethnicity
Many Indian tribes still haven't had contact with Europeans, guess what, thousands of years behind on development. \
Gold was only of value to trade to Europeans.

Ah so you mean how we attract mates and such? Makes sense seeing how humans are so sexually active compared to other animals and at all times too instead of having a specific season

Daily reminder that Grand Strategy is the whitest, malest genre of games and that never before has a nigger, sandnigger, or girl pondered "should I use this money to build dreadnoughts to counter the UK or build railways to increase Spain's industrial power?"

>hehe good goy! who needs racial purity when you have a few more shekels, right? letting sanchez have sex with your wife is good for the economy!
Who could be behind that post I wonder...

rate my game so far

>not having an excess of money by the time dreadnoughts become available

Sounds like something a shitskin would have trouble with desu

perfect world

You can go to an indian reservation now if you want.

>Many Indian tribes still haven't had contact with Europeans, guess what, thousands of years behind on development.

that's beside the fucking point, human existence isn't a fucking race

Why don't we do away with all the borders and and eradicate all indigenous languages and cultures, just imagine how much more developed we will be!1!1!

>Why don't we do away with all the borders and and eradicate all indigenous languages and cultures, just imagine how much more developed we will be!1!1!
You're not wrong.

>imfuckingplying

>Why don't we do away with all the borders and and eradicate all indigenous languages and cultures, just imagine how much more developed we will be!1!1!
Some will be more developed some will lose development, just like in Mein Kampf.

I am a white male?

Huh, today I learned.

My sister introduced me to EU3 though.

Well of course, but personally I don't want to live in a culturally homogeneous world where every facet of human existence is geared towards economical development.

only guy i know irl who plays gsg is indonesian

It's true.

Literally never seen a non white/brown person/woman playing GS besides the ones paradox hired for their quota.

would serbia or bulgaria make a better successor kingdom to east rome?

Human existence is fundamentally meaningless anyway. Not to be edgy but you really do need to set a goal and it just so happens that the one and only goal that EVERYONE can agree on is money.

>EVERYONE can agree on is money
Money is not true and has no value other than the one you're raised in via cultural indoctrination, the only true value is your race.

remuv kebab XddD

>successor
How about you make either of those two great empires and then just call it the great bulgarian / serbian empire instead of trying to claim past glory you don't live up to?

>nihilism

Considering both fought against East Rome, I elect Muscovy.

Third Rome best Rome.

>That Portugal
Kill yourself, desu

Or maybe you're just materialist-nihilistic fuckhead?

Russia is the true heir to Byzantium.

The ottomans

:^)

Would be more memey in EU4, with national ideas and shit

Why is England always red, France always blue, Spain always yellow, Russia always green, Austria always white and Germany always grey?

i want to blob all over byzantine territory, so that wont work
i mean successor kingdom in a frankish/visigothic

What's the goal besides the ones we make up then? I guess reproducing counts but we're at the point where people outright don't even try sometimes, see all the people who don't even marry let alone have kids.

Race is simply a physical version of culture though, a 'common thing' that 'we all' have.

I don't actually fucking agree with the current state nor am I a globalist. I'm just trying to analyze why it catches on so well with most people.
You can argue for anything and have some people agree with it and some people disagree, but almost everyone will agree with more money. That's just how it fucking is. Go on the street and ask someone if they want free money they're almost guaranteed to say yes. Go on the street and ask them if they want something other than some form of capital, the answer is no longer certain and depends on their ideologies.

autism

Seriously, caring about colors like that is a symptom of autism.

*frankish/visigothic sort of way

If you're a committed nihilist/atheist, then there's nothing and you might as well kill yourself at any moment because it makes absolutely no difference.

>red coats
>white coats

etc.

Race is the only meaning of existence, genetic preservation and dominance. (domestic)

Countries are associated with colours. Netherlands orange, Romania beige, Bulgaria green, Arabia green, Japan red you forgot

They are to do with the culture (ie red Tudor Rose, grey iron cross) and if not then to make sure the same colours don't touch on the map

give me some goals as a count in the HRE

>Bulgaria green, Arabia green
Really makes you think...

>le kill yourself
Let's put it this way - if there IS a concrete, god-set reason to exist, it's one that not everyone agrees on and is vague in lieu of something actually coming down and telling us that NO YOU DO THIS.
Effectively there's no global reason for existence because nobody agrees on it.
Money, capital, assets, and a higher standard of living, however, ARE agreed on by almost everyone as desireable.

Right but see, that's no longer a priority for most of the world population, which is why it catches on so well.

I didn't mention the Dutch orange or Byzantine blurple because they were both historically relevant colors, but the rest seemed fairly arbitrary in some cases. Is Germany's grayness meant to make fun of them for being emotionless autists or what?
Form the Slovenian empire