/Domg/

Presidential edition

Previous thread: →

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate (-75%) and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games
>Do bully the elf

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeOfTheAges
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeFastStaleHard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Two arrows
OH BOY IT BEGINS

second for homosexuals greeks.

Third for Aboleth Traps

>/Domg/
i shouldn't have expected better from you

Don't forget to join the shitty new meme game.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeOfTheAges

you're dead kiddo

I want to spank Momiji.

I wish I had a skeleton to keep in my room and hug when I feel depressed.

I've read the Primer on Blood Magic and now i'm hyped as fuck to play as an Archdevil and take over the world with demons from hell.

However, i have no idea about how to most optimally do this and which nations in which Age are best suited for a FULL BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD PANTOKRATOR game.

Any additional blood-game tips are also very welcome.

Bat blood game strong.

Mictlan and LA Ulm are also good.

Are bats good in all Ages or are they only powerful in EA?

They're pretty lacklustre in MA. In LA they're still good.

>I've read the Primer on Blood Magic
Stopped reading there.

Well smartass, what should i read then for good blood magic advice?

He's just meming, it's all good.

Is it time for [embed][embed]?

Anyway, we should remove china. He is already warmongering on anyone he finds weak

You could try not using that blasphemous magic.

is helheim that bad?
why?

They're not bad, as such. They're just Slightly Worse Vanheim.

So everyone goes Vanheim instead.

This is the worst lie I've heard in a while.

First of all, their death access is shit without summod. Why in the flying fuck would anybody hire a D1 mage for 185 gold, huh?

Second, they can't sail, and their sacreds lose to vanheim and cost a ton (but are still serviceable).

They have valkyries and Dis' for raiding, they have A/D on their strongest guys, so that accounts for something. Overall, I'd never pick them without summod ever. Summod gives them actual skelespam and strong summons.

Join this instead, more meme potential:
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeFastStaleHard

shit ill join both, takes so damn long to do turns i got time.

>tfw you assemble a nice army to fight some shit
>tfw Lambert wins anyway because all your neighbors were either incompetent or went AI
Well, maybe dorfs are just too OP, we'll never know.

You can say that

This game was awful

We should remove Bandar Log, he warmongering against anyone who's not him.

Any trick to getting sunmod installed?

Just installed it and worthy heroes 5.5 and only worthy heroes shows up in the mod directory in game.

I, what. Explain more.

Do you have the .dm file in the mods directory?

You need to email Llama for the file right modfile, yeah it's retarded but what can you do. Just get his email on Llamaserver and send him an email, he usually answers within the hour.

Stop trying to get new players to randomly bother llama.

Extracted sunmod to the mod directory, doesn't show up as a toggle-able mod in game.

Extracted both sunmod and worthy heroes at the same directory at the same time and only worthy heroes displays in game.

If you only extracted the folder it won't show up. You need a .dm file.

>cyberdemon
0/10 would not fight.

ty

>151128512
Superior. Human. Tactics.

So....

How does one actually join a game?

Start by reading the OP.

>Play by email guide:

I WONDER WHERE I CAN LEARN HOW TO PLAY BY EMAIL

I cant actually read tho

-Post in the game to claim a nation according to the game's rules.

Is this that forum?

Cause I'd like to join memegame please.

I'm not sure we do that much here, it's something we SHOULD do but we don't

Some games want players to call nations in the steamgroup thread for that game, so they can bully you for turns more personally. Memegames tend just to be user though, to better allow players to accuse each other of being Malakal.

>turn 2 push, LA
>routed

Llamaserver has games created in a variety of communities, ranging from this thread to the likes of RPG-Codex and Dom4mods forums. If you're thinking of /domg/ games (ie. games advertised in this thread), they tend to be anonymous so no signup is necessary, games created elsewhere typically expect a confirmation at their respective forums (otherwise the admin will just remove you from the list before game is started).

Lambert wasn't relevant in that game for awhile. Hell, the throne I took from him I didn't really even need to win.

Keep your eyes on the thrones. And Dorfs in general just get dumber as the ages go on.

is the decay effect good?

Most of the ways of applying it are MR negates if I remember right, which is pretty bad against decent troops, but the effect itself is strong enough to kill most things that aren't demons, elves, giants or other random magical creatures.

it takes time to kill, so you better have a way to delay the battle.
or just lose the battle and then watch enemy units die after you retreated.

So at long last my opponent has gone AI after way too long of a battle, but I'm still siegeing his cap. Will the AI still use his scripts or will they rescript his mages and troops?

Probably rescript to fit its tastes.

The really sad part is that hiding the nation info entirely means no score graphs when you win.

Oh well.

Wait holy fuck I am tired tonight.

Can't you disable graphs until the game is over?

what the fuck is this game even

Looks like your average /domg/ game.

How many are you looking for?

What's your favorite hero?

>That feel when a bunch of games you're in have either ended, or will in the next couple days.
>Bonus feel for winning all of them.

Do you guys have any tips for getting my mages to target who I want them to target with the spells I script? Like are there formations, orders, or positions I can utilize to make a certain squad get one buff and another squad get the next buff? Or just general positioning that gives buffs maximum coverage on large armies? I feel so lost.

Place square formations close to buffing mages, hold and attack closest orders so they'll stick around to get buffed.

>Mother of Monsters
Alright Crossbreed hordes are fun as fuck. These things are freaky.

Started up a game, had a really great start, was pushing against my fiercest rival, then the war dragged on and on and someone else eventually grinded out the thrones to win after I had lost any enjoyment of the game.

And then I signed up for another one. Kill me.

jews, we good?

should be, by now.

Thanks I'll do that, how about for targeting enemies with debuffs/attack spells? Is that just whoever the closest appropriate target is or is there some more depth to it?

Mages target differently from archers. They prefer HP density (this is why giants are often used as 'evo bait') and avoid units with resistance to their elemental spells (eg - a fireball will still do damage to an FR 5 unit, but the fireball caster will only target a block of FR 5 units if he can't aim at a square with non-resistant units). For MR negate spells, they will also preferentially target lower MR units first, but it's weighed against HP density and I'm not sure exactly how.

When you say HP density does that mean a single target spell will target the beefiest unit and aoe spells will be centered wherever it would cover units with the most total hp?

So like a single giant with 100hp would be the target of a shadow bolt but falling frost would target the cluster of 20 soldiers with 10hp each in front of him?

Also what about spells with no aoe but multiple effects? would they target the cluster or the single big one?

thanks for the replies, it's interesting and helpful stuff.

How good are Iron Dragons in summod?

>So like a single giant with 100hp would be the target of a shadow bolt but falling frost would target the cluster of 20 soldiers with 10hp each in front of him?
Not him, but I believe accuracy is taken into account too. Something like paralyze which has perfect accuracy and is single target would definitely shoot for the giant, but shadow bolt can deviate from the targeted square so the mage would probably aim for the cluster of units instead to increase his chances of hitting something. Falling Frost would definitely aim for the group.

>Also what about spells with no aoe but multiple effects? would they target the cluster or the single big one?
Same way a spell with a single effect would work.

>but I believe accuracy is taken into account too
It is. This is often mistaken for an interest in distance in some guides, but soul slay and so on don't care how far a unit is.

live.

Hey guys, I'm sick of these fucking stock maps and shitty random maps. Where do I get some good maps or a random map maker thing I used to have?

Fucking slaughtershit

Check out Desura's forums.

>Ashia 2h file received
Valbad 2h file received
Cirez'sis 2h file received
Amore 2h file received
Eillenon 2h file received
Cynothalu 2h file received
Chimori 2h file received
Ninai 2h file received
>Gondria Waiting for 2h file
Norrping 2h file received
Ceasidh 2h file received
Djeris 2h file received
Celaene 2h file received
Tashna 2h file received
Khaer 2h file received

Thanks a ton Sauro, I was trying to remove Nefiel and speed up the fucking turns but no, you just had to backstab me. I thought we were cool man.

One a day is the way we should play.

I'm going to join this when I get home!

>Just me and the coal burning single mom "PROGRAMMER" that I'm supposed to be "TRAINING" that spilled water all over my Dominions doodles at the office

/domg/ how do I get back at her for ruining my doodles? I'm already making sure she gets canned at the end of the month.

Pillage her capital.

>Abysia Waiting for 2h file
Agartha 2h file received
Asphodel 2h file received
Shinuyama 2h file received
Bandar Log 2h file received
Caelum 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Machaka 2h file received
Man 2h file received
Marignon 2h file received
Vanarus 2h file received
T'ien Ch'i 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim 2h file received
Ys 2h file received

Unleash a horror on her pretender.

Take her out with mind duel?

Don't be silly, user. Women are mindless.

Fuck off, i still have 10 hours

Anywhere from 8 and up.

Exercise that seduction skill of yours

Roll for anal circumference.

*BONG*

memes are fun

so is playing your turns but for now memes will have to do

For the sake of discussion what is the most efficient way to deal with Rain of Stones? Does /domg/ ever put defensive items on mages?

usually I prefer using anti-army stuff to kill armies and thugs to kill lone mages. If you know you must face tank RoS, you need your mages armored and your troops immune to it. When you are trying to move things into magic that explicitly counters them, you should start looking for strategic alternatives.

That sounds reasonable. I recently ran into a Rain of Stones that I wasn't expecting and lost a lot of stuff. The game was a loss for me at that point anyway but it seems like something to avoid in the future.

Best way to deal with it is to attack other provinces.

If that's not viable (or they have RoS in every province) then send thugs or SCs to clear out provinces for your to advance into.

If that doesn't work (anti-thug/SC measures) armor up your mages and pray your troops can beat his in a slugging match.

>llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=MemeOfTheAges

>Scoregraphs on
>no settings at 300%
>default starting provinces
>12 player max

Are you even trying son?

>scoregraphs on

How does cataclysm work?